Easy way to dismount players

Jugglemonkey.8741

A ranged dismount option is need, maby a leash you have to maintain 1 to 10 sec .

You dont blow youre cooldowns on it and is not linked to mounts themself.

This way zerger could be safer where they have control of map and still keep the possitve changes warbeast is.

This will keep roming build viable as it will reward their speced mobilety and class traits.

hope the devs reads this

sorry 4 bad english

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Metzie.9083" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

>

> > > @"Metzie.9083" said:

> > > Of course, I will immediately rebuild my classes and all the builds that are geared to power to condition damage, just so that I can get my opponents off the mount. Great idea. Many thanks for the hint!

> > >

> > > After a few minutes I could laugh heartily about the joke. ::pensive:

> >

> > If you ignore a strategy that works for the sake of pride, you can't really complain if you have trouble with them. Just saying.

> >

>

> -----------

> After this answer I will do one thing, and that is to ignore such above-average intelligent comments and answers .... Why? That's because some here don't think two meters (2,19 yards) further before they write something ... that's even rudimentarily worth continuing the conversation sensibly.

>

> So you really believe that every player should play condition damage just to kick opponents off a mount. So that's your suggestion, huh? :p The question doesn't need an answer (because there won't be any more feedback).

>

> At the end, one should be said. The current grievance regarding the warclaw is not first and foremost due to the players themselves to completely question and change their own style of play, but rather to the developers and people in charge, who integrate something into the game (without having tested it extensively, among others by the players themselves), which they then assume at best that it works and that most of them are satisfied with it. ANet mainly works according to the "eat or die" principle. Say, accept it, be happy about it or let it be (more or less pvp/wvw related). Unfortunately more sad than pleasant.

>

> -----------

> [WARCLAW improvement - what is your opinion on ... ?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/70864/warclaw-improvement-what-is-your-opinion-on "WARCLAW improvement - what is your opinion on ... ?")

>

Evidently I touched a nerve. If you have anything that's actually on the topic of killing mounts and you're done reading your thesaurus, I'd appreciate the feedback.

I dusted of my DH tonight, traps work pretty good at dismounting. When things calm down a bit, maybe zergs and larger havoc groups will experiment with adding trap profs (DHs Thieves and Rangers) to their lineup. I'm actually exciting about the new strategies that could unfold and possibly seeing outlawed professions have a new place and purpose in this game.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > Wait, what, you just said that you're using P/D? Bro, whats wrong with you.

> someones got to test what the patch has changed!

>

Yup. It's kinda weird actually, because condi is underpowered compared to power burst and sustain builds, nobody plays it. But because nobody plays condi and because of an overreliance on firebrand for cleanse in groups, nobody builds to counter it either, so the only thing I consistently have trouble with is boonbeast. Even then I have a chance if I get a good burst off and their low damage means they can't stop me leaving if I decide not to fight.

P/D lacks cover condis, but what it does excellently is spam usable amounts of condis with long durations along with lots of immob that forces cleanses and make you more susceptible to being immobilised in choking gas. It's a wear down thing, not a spike thing.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > > Wait, what, you just said that you're using P/D? Bro, whats wrong with you.

> > someones got to test what the patch has changed!

> >

>

> Yup. It's kinda weird actually, because condi is underpowered compared to power burst and sustain builds, nobody plays it. But because nobody plays condi and because of an overreliance on firebrand for cleanse in groups, nobody builds to counter it either, so the only thing I consistently have trouble with is boonbeast. Even then I have a chance if I get a good burst off and their low damage means they can't stop me leaving if I decide not to fight.

>

> P/D lacks cover condis, but what it does excellently is spam usable amounts of condis with long durations along with lots of immob that forces cleanses and make you more susceptible to being immobilised in choking gas. It's a wear down thing, not a spike thing.

as dismounting counts as weaponsswap, have you tried just using the engage skill on a player triggering your own on swap sigils + engage bleeds to dismount? (the duration of the engage bleeds is fixed but the bleeds scale with your condi dmg after dismount) if that is enough, then you wouldnt waste more resources then your target with that method.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Godling.2473" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > > Catches mounts easily

> > > *Catches*

> > >

> > > *Easily*

> > >

> > > Last I did a proper condi bomb, I got 25k burns in on a mounted player by the bridge on SW ABL running full speed past. By the time he had been dismounted, he was just by the northern part of the tower while I was still rounding the southern part trying to easily catch him.

> >

> > I hope you're not talking about mesmer torch because that stopped being a condi bomb a while ago. Unless your idea of a condi bomb is to wait 15s+ for it to actually work.

> Lol mesmer torch. I'm talking about blowtorch, extra confusion from static shot helps too (its unlikely you have time to get anything else in, except maybe another 5k burn from incendiary). Point is its enough damage to drop a mount in about 5s from one of the highest single condi attacks that exist in the game.

>

> And thats 5s too long if you want to actually fight your target because you're in combat and they are still running away twice as fast.

>

>

And then you realise you are on condi engi after all and even a zerg build has to be afk to lose to you. Unless its a necro, wich can actually kill you afk.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> If anything I wish the mount 1 skill dismounted other players so that each player could start on a level plain. I know starting in melee range isn't exactly the best scenario for most rangers, but it think that change would be better for the game overall?

>

> ~ Kovu

Have you met [Power Soulbeast?](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_%27Em_Roamer) Using a variant of that build, I basically delete anyone in 1v1 unless they are really built for sustain, in which case they can't kill me either.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > If anything I wish the mount 1 skill dismounted other players so that each player could start on a level plain. I know starting in melee range isn't exactly the best scenario for most rangers, but it think that change would be better for the game overall?

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> Have you met [Power Soulbeast?](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_%27Em_Roamer) Using a variant of that build, I basically delete anyone in 1v1 unless they are really built for sustain, in which case they can't kill me either.

>

I do (but with Dolyak stance for stab and Wolf Pack for for damage), quite a lot, and my point stands.

~ Kovu

edit- That' not quite the build I play. I generally run x/warhorn for pressure on evasion & reflection spammers.

Roll Dare Devil. Buy all exotic Dire stat gear using any weapons you want. Trait DA and Trickery. Steal to any mounted player, watch it die in less than 2s.

Roll Dead Eye. Use marauder or similar stats using a rifle. Trait CS and Trickery. Kill mount from stealth in one shot.

There is two sure fire ways to dismount and nuke most players. All the medium classes have some serious mount blow up. Trapper Ranger is particularly fun. Shadow Trap is also a hoot.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> Roll Dare Devil. Buy all exotic Dire stat gear using any weapons you want. Trait DA and Trickery. Steal to any mounted player, watch it die in less than 2s.

>

> Roll Dead Eye. Use marauder or similar stats using a rifle. Trait CS and Trickery. Kill mount from stealth in one shot.

>

> There is two sure fire ways to dismount and nuke most players. All the medium classes have some serious mount blow up. Trapper Ranger is particularly fun. Shadow Trap is also a hoot.

That may work for you and that is great but I cant call anything 'dead eye' or 'condi' fun.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> Roll Dare Devil. Buy all exotic Dire stat gear using any weapons you want. Trait DA and Trickery. Steal to any mounted player, watch it die in less than 2s.

>

> Roll Dead Eye. Use marauder or similar stats using a rifle. Trait CS and Trickery. Kill mount from stealth in one shot.

>

> There is two sure fire ways to dismount and nuke most players. All the medium classes have some serious mount blow up. Trapper Ranger is particularly fun. Shadow Trap is also a hoot.

Yup, I'm sure deadeye works fine still, I'm the opportunity provided by the nerf to silent scope to have a break from deadeye and play other builds for a little while tbh. I always liked my weird condi trapper build, and it's geared for mobility so it was a good benchmark for seeing how much mounts changed things too.

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> Condi that you put on mounts isn't cleared when the player gets forcefullly dismounted or dismounts themselves - therefore if you run a Condi build, you should be able to deal with the player you just dismounted and killing them will take a little longer than normal because of the CDs you used on the mount. So unless they run a cleanse on weapon swap (War passive is a great example) they will still be in combat and have Condi on them and to top it off, they either have to stun-break or eat Condi for 2 seconds before they get off the floor if forcefully dismounted.

That's some good info. Currently working on a hybrid build for my Ranger (definitely not gonna be meta, just for fun) so will be interesting to test this out.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > > > Wait, what, you just said that you're using P/D? Bro, whats wrong with you.

> > > someones got to test what the patch has changed!

> > >

> >

> > Yup. It's kinda weird actually, because condi is underpowered compared to power burst and sustain builds, nobody plays it. But because nobody plays condi and because of an overreliance on firebrand for cleanse in groups, nobody builds to counter it either, so the only thing I consistently have trouble with is boonbeast. Even then I have a chance if I get a good burst off and their low damage means they can't stop me leaving if I decide not to fight.

> >

> > P/D lacks cover condis, but what it does excellently is spam usable amounts of condis with long durations along with lots of immob that forces cleanses and make you more susceptible to being immobilised in choking gas. It's a wear down thing, not a spike thing.

>

> as dismounting counts as weaponsswap, have you tried just using the engage skill on a player triggering your own on swap sigils + engage bleeds to dismount? (the duration of the engage bleeds is fixed but the bleeds scale with your condi dmg after dismount) if that is enough, then you wouldnt waste more resources then your target with that method.

I haven't yet, but that's mostly as I've not unlocked the mount yet. Since silent scope got nerfed and mounts got introduced in the same patch, I figured it was a good time to take a break from deadeye for a bit. My condi build runs dash so it's very mobile and durable, so it was a better choice of build while WvW was packed imo.

Odds are the dismount thing you describe wouldn't work so well as just geomancy and doom wouldn't be enough to dismount someone quickly. Bear in mind that the condis applied to a mount transfer to the player when they are dismounted, so since most of my condis have a duration of 10-15 seconds, forcing a dismount in 5s means I don't waste that much skill wise.

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > > > > Wait, what, you just said that you're using P/D? Bro, whats wrong with you.

> > > > someones got to test what the patch has changed!

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yup. It's kinda weird actually, because condi is underpowered compared to power burst and sustain builds, nobody plays it. But because nobody plays condi and because of an overreliance on firebrand for cleanse in groups, nobody builds to counter it either, so the only thing I consistently have trouble with is boonbeast. Even then I have a chance if I get a good burst off and their low damage means they can't stop me leaving if I decide not to fight.

> > >

> > > P/D lacks cover condis, but what it does excellently is spam usable amounts of condis with long durations along with lots of immob that forces cleanses and make you more susceptible to being immobilised in choking gas. It's a wear down thing, not a spike thing.

> >

> > as dismounting counts as weaponsswap, have you tried just using the engage skill on a player triggering your own on swap sigils + engage bleeds to dismount? (the duration of the engage bleeds is fixed but the bleeds scale with your condi dmg after dismount) if that is enough, then you wouldnt waste more resources then your target with that method.

>

> I haven't yet, but that's mostly as I've not unlocked the mount yet. Since silent scope got nerfed and mounts got introduced in the same patch, I figured it was a good time to take a break from deadeye for a bit. My condi build runs dash so it's very mobile and durable, so it was a better choice of build while WvW was packed imo.

>

> Odds are the dismount thing you describe wouldn't work so well as just geomancy and doom wouldn't be enough to dismount someone quickly. Bear in mind that the condis applied to a mount transfer to the player when they are dismounted, so since most of my condis have a duration of 10-15 seconds, forcing a dismount in 5s means I don't waste that much skill wise.

yeah with the condis remaining, you can ofc start building up more earlier. tho as said the bleeds from maul scale up to your stats once off the mount so its worth to utilize that, if you got to burn through the other mount.

i also didnt touch my deadeye since patch, because i dont support that route it goes. so i played in WvW some scrapper, soulbeast and core thief so far. of those only soulbeast could half decent dismount, but even on soulbeast if i dont onehit the mount the 3 dodges get them out of my range too fast. so i started to play around the mounts more. i just dont attack players that are still on the mount and abuse it myself. still get plenty of fights.

Ah, I didn't realise maul from mounts inflicts bleed (it's painfully easy to dodge so never really noticed lol), thanks for the heads up. I'll look at that later once I have the mount and see whether it would be sufficient, honestly the steal and weapon swap is enough from what I do so you might be right.

I think deadeye is probably still ok if you play SA and D/P offhand still, but gutting silent scope really hits build diversity on DE hard. If the mounts weren't in the same patch I'd have experimented more with my build, but I decided that trying to do that while everyone and their mum is trying to get the mount would likely be more frustrating than it's worth. I'll go back to it later and have another go.

And yeah, baiting people into objectives is definitely the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > > > Wait, what, you just said that you're using P/D? Bro, whats wrong with you.

> > > someones got to test what the patch has changed!

> > >

> >

> > Yup. It's kinda weird actually, because condi is underpowered compared to power burst and sustain builds, nobody plays it. But because nobody plays condi and because of an overreliance on firebrand for cleanse in groups, nobody builds to counter it either, so the only thing I consistently have trouble with is boonbeast. Even then I have a chance if I get a good burst off and their low damage means they can't stop me leaving if I decide not to fight.

> >

> > P/D lacks cover condis, but what it does excellently is spam usable amounts of condis with long durations along with lots of immob that forces cleanses and make you more susceptible to being immobilised in choking gas. It's a wear down thing, not a spike thing.

>

> as dismounting counts as weaponsswap, have you tried just using the engage skill on a player triggering your own on swap sigils + engage bleeds to dismount? (the duration of the engage bleeds is fixed but the bleeds scale with your condi dmg after dismount) if that is enough, then you wouldnt waste more resources then your target with that method.

I just unlocked the mount (I know I'm late to the party, playing around 24h shifts here tho haha); with geomancy and doom sigil on my weapons, bleed and poison from maul + sigil proc on dismount does 1236 damage per second for 11 seconds (7 stacks bleed and 3 stacks poison with potent poison and roughly 1400 condi damage). This would take 8.8 seconds to dismount someone assuming I did nothing else, so yeah, it's definitely an option, thanks for the suggestion ^^

Edit; in fact, if you have the doom proc on you when you maul, it's faster still.

> Play Condi.

>

> Seriously, it's got an 11k health bar with no cleanse on the mounted skills, you don't even need to apply much condi to get them dismounted. I put doom and geomancy on my P/D set, starting on shortbow and simply stealing (with poison and confusion on steal), weapon swapping for sigils and using P/D 3 for distance dismounts a player in 5 seconds for minimal effort. Don't need CC at all.

2 shadow shots on power thief and u got same effect and youre instantly on their ass when they drop off their mount.

no condi needed.

problem is all the other classes who do not have mobility like a thief (the morons who think they can roam now cus they gained mobility from mount wont understand this) a FB will never be able to drop one of mount Warrior wont be able to do it either mesmer maybe if blows all his shatters etc but then he has nothing left to finish the guy off as its a 1 shot build. heralds i doubt they can pull it off easily but probably do able. ele lol scrapper/holo lol.

i mean comon this game shouldnt be about avoiding fights i frankly dont really care if one doesnt wanna fight me in generally i let them go as im looking for a challange not some punch bags but still.. if u cant get away from me with your own skills u either gonna have to sustain me till help arrives or u managed to get to safe zone else ur dead.