Thoughts on implementing fishing?

Would be a nice way to waste some time in game. I'd say do it, but if, do it right.

So, fishing in every body of water of course. Well, maybe not puddles, but atleast in knee deep water. Able to fish stuff from junk like leather boots to poopadoodles, to more rare treasure chests. And fish! Give them attributes like weight, size, rarities stuff like this. Implement fishing seasons and/or contests, add them to the daily achievement rotation.

New currencies yes, because it's Guild Wars 2, so we need that, right?! Could be found in those treasure chests, or given as a reward for those mentioned seasons.

Then, there's a new vendor for that, selling stuff like baits, which give timed buffs for more luck while fishing.

There could be new achievements, new titles, new fishing rod skins. Heck, they could even sell a 'Fancy Bling Bling Baloong Fishing Rod x3k mk2©™' in the gemstore, new fishing themed hats and stuff like that. And now that we can sit on chairs, even a beach chair with parasol.

So much possibilities!

Fishing yes, treated like harvesting a little bit. I have a few ideas for gold sinks.

Craft-able lures : = Jewelry , maybe we can finally get the craft level raised to 500.

figure maybe 6 tiers for the lures and certain fish will require certain tier lure. as lures are limited use much like normal harvesting tools. But maybe 10-20 charges a lure?

Fish can be used for the following crafts: Cooking, Jewelry, Artificer,

with materials such as fish oils, scales, bones, barbs, shells, etc.

Its a real lot of work to do .

Every waterway in the game has to be seeded with varying types of fish with rewards suitable for the map level the water is in .

Multiple types of fishing rods and lures have to be introduced.

And fishing is the easiest activiity in any MMO to bot , because of its very simple actions.

So for the people asking for fishing, trying to understand what people are looking for. Tried fishing in a few games and most didn't work. To the OP haven't played Animal Crossing so I can't associate. Have done WoW's fishing, ESO's fishing, I think the only fishing that I remember enjoying was Fables, but that was so long ago it could be a rose-tinted memory. I am not saying I would want resources pulled from other projects per say but out of curiosity what elements would you be looking for?

To me if there weren't budget/time constraints aka pie in the sky:

* Recipes: Vendor ones, discoverable ones, loot drop ones

* Harvestable materials I can use in crafting, chance for other random loot (hooked a heavy loot bag)

* A rarity system in fish, trash to loot fish and in between

* Vendorable (low)

* Some mechanic that makes a difference when you reel and set the hook, aka chance to fail and something that can't be macro'ed to prevent AFK fishing

* Differing baits and rarities, better/worse chance of success

* Achievements

So for those asking, what would you picture?