Warclaw kills Roaming

Woody Woody.8356

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"nxsage.6578" said:

> roaming is pointless with mounts because it comes down to who's in combat and who isn't in combat..and that shouldn't be the deciding factor of who wins that fight.

Combat speed has always favored the blob, mounts just exacerbated the problem.

> @"Inoki.6048" said:

> Gankers are pathetic. Everyone knows it. They like to call whatever they are doing team play, but what that really looks like is compensating for whatever real life frustrations they may have, or just sheer sadism.

You sir are a great psychologist and philosopher. Is there by any chance a book you have written about that topic?

Lmao these oh gankers are just whiners are nothing but garbage players buthurt cuz they cant find anyone in a 1v1. Like mentioned in a above thread large groups take every opportunity to roll over solo or small groups any chance they get,gues thier mentality changes when there’s no risk of losing lol the majority defending the mounts are either pve’rs not liking a challenge in the fights and would just rather sit in a blob spamming or they are players that take it to personal when their killed like how dare they kill me in a PvP mode,what a joke! Also what people describe as ganking is a class like thiefs specialty that it’s been balanced around(mistake by arenanet) and it’s sole way to do damage as all its other play styles do zero damage to sustain ratio. I see everyone wanting the ganking playstyle gone cuz it hurts their feels but no one gives a shit about how it effects classes they don’t play cuz no surprise there. Now that thieves mostly have to fight aware opponents in straight up fights in wvw where’s its compensation for its noodle damage when not ganking unaware opponents as u say? Why arnt people saying yay ganking and cheese builds are gone but since that’s thiefs thing let’s buff thief and change its playstyle to somthing healthier,oh wait only thief players would care about that. I keep reading now that everyone moves at same speed it’s ballanced like their so ignorant or just don’t want to look past the benefit to their class to think about how it effects classes balanced for high mobility now being on same level as classes balanced for no or lower mobility,should make fights fun lmao. Whole things a joke

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> Roaming is fine. Ganking, not so much.

This.

Roaming is about contributing to the WvW skirmish on a small scale. Ganking is not roaming... adding 1 kill to the kdr doesn't help your server.

You want to fair, small scale fights -- go to PvP.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > Roaming is fine. Ganking, not so much.

>

> This.

>

> Roaming is about contributing to the WvW skirmish on a small scale. Ganking is not roaming... adding 1 kill to the kdr doesn't help your server.

>

> You want to fair, small scale fights -- go to PvP.

Is this pro or con uneven fights in WvW? I can't tell anymore.

> @"juno.1840" said:

>

> This.

>

> Roaming is about contributing to the WvW skirmish on a small scale. Ganking is not roaming... adding 1 kill to the kdr doesn't help your server.

>

> You want to fair, small scale fights -- go to PvP.

oh no! some big bad in wvw killed me, make them go away. Tell them to go back to pvp!

> @"nxsage.6578" said:

> It's really sad to watch PVE plebs talk about gankers, if you get ganked while running to your zerg..grow up and learn from your mistakes, think about what you could've done differently to survive that encounter and if you can't, stick with a group that will carry you.

> But please, don't talk about roaming.. Roaming isn't just about ganking, there's a certain thrill and skill involved in taking outnumbered fights and the warclaw just ruins that experience.

> What's the point of building mobility or even playing roaming classes or coming up with new builds if mounted players are 3x faster than you, immune to cc and have 10k+ hp?

> You don't get a cookie for being at last place in a race.. You either catch up or move to a different game. If you just want to tag mobs and run around without getting killed, I'm sure there are champ trains in Queensdale.

> I don't want roaming to die, I'm sad that a lot of my friends are leaving because they don't trust ANET to make the right changes. The worst part is that there isn't any work-around or adapting for roamers..roaming is pointless with mounts because it comes down to who's in combat and who isn't in combat..and that shouldn't be the deciding factor of who wins that fight.

Nicely said:)

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > > > Warclaw has killed ganking not roaming. People are often confusing roaming for ganking. You can still roam around on warclaw, flip camps and attack towers with a small group. You can also attack other small groups trying to take camps or towers once they're dismounted. You can also duel with other like roamers who have warclaw, just jump off and start attacking each other.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hiding in stealth ready to ambush someone, or killing them on the way to their group or objective isn't roaming, it's ganking. Especially if the player isn't sitting in a build capable of fending off someone in a single or small group setting. That is what warclaw basically ended, and thankfully it did. We're likely to find more pve players starting to filter into WvW now because they can confidently get to their groups and participate.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just as Magnuzone pointed out, play against people interested in fighting you (as they likely are in a build made to do so), problem solved. Ganking is not roaming.

> > > >

> > > > then what do you do if you see an enemy player, cheer? Because it's certainly not engaging or "ganking" by the sounds of it lol

> > > >

> > > > "Ganking" comes with the roaming territory as it does with zergs who "gank" the solo player trying to take a sentry.

> > >

> > > I don't think that's accurate ... how many time I've seen a ganker pop from stealth to one shot someone in a roaming group taking a camp or sentry ... zero. Because they are in it for the easy kill and the easy kill aren't players in a group ... it's the lone player running to a fight over open territory or pinch points where gankers prey on them.

> > >

> > > Honestly, I think that's the whole point ... the 'easy' kill rewards now match with the risks. In otherwords ... you're only going to catch the high risk players on a gank for the easy kills you want; the risk profile should be determined by the defender, not the attacker.

> > >

> >

> > I dunno I think its pretty risky to tap an enemy keep and float between the spawn and keep for the purpose of ganking people..

> > Im a weirdo though, like yesterday I held pang solo against about 10 or so people over the course of half hour then when I died, I held the sentry near Mendons for about 20 minutes before tapping red keep and spawn camping for another half hour there..

> > I was ganked by the zerg eventually, but that window was long enough for them to lose a T3 tower..

> >

> > Am I a dirty roamer, or a dirty ganker? Zerg ganked me anyway so Im curious why zergers have the moral high ground in this.

>

> You are a ganker/griefer/troll combo platter who is smarter and better at looking at skills and seeing that borderline invincible unlimited mobility build and gets off playing it vs a bunch of casuals. We have all experienced that thief build that can tap a keep for hours and run back and forth with 8 people chasing him but no one can catch him. We chase you a bit for fun get bored and are replaced by someone else who will chase you for a bit. When you finally get "ganked" by the zerg as you say it is because you became such an annoyance it chases you down only to here in map chat 3 min later you are back. Then we just ignore you. Most of us just tell ourselves this guy hacks so we feel better. It brings nothing positive to the game mode playing against that type of player who can do the same thing over and over running from 5 or 6 dudes and killing unsuspecting players from spawn to keep but hey it's your time so have fun.

You don't have to be a Thief :lol:

The whole "We just ignore you" is the whole reason I do it because it's thrilling to get chased outnumbered, it's really awesome going down knowing I died to 4-5 people but 1-2 came with me or sometimes even more through that cycle of players trying that you mentioned..

It's open world PvP :smiley:

There's also good players out there that can beat me alone, has been a lot of fun lately.

Solution, stop being douchebags, killing roamers who clearly have no interest in fighting you, or getting ganked. If someone want's to 1v1, 2v2, or whatever, they wouldn't be running away on a mount.

Also, to all the double douchebags saying "OMG git gud at pvp", now you gotta "git gud", at stopping the mounts. Axe always swings both ways!

If you think you're all so good at roaming, guess what? Now you have the chance to prove it by earning your kill. Git gud, plebs!

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > Roaming is fine. Ganking, not so much.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > Roaming is about contributing to the WvW skirmish on a small scale. Ganking is not roaming... adding 1 kill to the kdr doesn't help your server.

> >

> > You want to fair, small scale fights -- go to PvP.

>

> oh no! some big bad in wvw killed me, make them go away. Tell them to go back to pvp!

This whole topic is whining about the opposite... "people won't stop for me in WvW so I can gank them with my cheese build, remove Warclaw!"

If you want small scale fights without fear of getting run over by +50, go to PvP. That's what the game mode is for. You can even join custom 1v1 duel arenas.

If you don't want fair fights, then **own** it! Say you want your ganks, because that's what all this whining is about.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I dunno what you are, but based on the scenario you presented, it doesn't sound to me like you have much of an issue with mounts there ...

> >

> > Hey, you can tap and lure all you like still. If people are coming out to find you, they are LOOKING for a fight. Should be easy if you catch one if your an experienced ganker and they are easy kill noobs.

>

> not really no, just adapted is all...

> Instead of playing Tempest open field, I now play stealth builds around enemy spawns or stick to overused locations with lots of human traffic

>

> currently trying to convince a scrapper friend to join me so we can set up stealth ballistas on the fly to make ganking easier

Step 2.

> @"juno.1840" said:

>

> This.

>

>

"Gankers suck because they don't contribute to the server, and it is good that their ability to contribute is taken away because they suck"

What a great logic ...

Aside from this:

A single player, who stomps another one, adds 3 points to the score and prevents said player from scoring for his server.

But when 50 players kill 30 enemies, the per player contribution is only ~ 1,2 points. Even if they would kill a whole squad, we are only looking at 2 points per player (because players rarely get stomped in zerg fights).

Often a ganker will contribute more to the score than a zergling (or a "roamer" who only goes for PvE objectives).

Also "ganking" means killing players without giving them a chance to resist, not killing players who choose to not fight back.

"Roaming" just relates to "wandering arround" solo or in a small grp, the purpose or goals of roamers can vary and are not clearly defined.

Ganking and roaming are neither exclusive nor identical.

> @"Pache.9406" said:

> Solution, stop being douchebags, killing roamers who clearly have no interest in fighting you, or getting ganked. If someone want's to 1v1, 2v2, or whatever, they wouldn't be running away on a mount.

>

> Also, to all the double douchebags saying "OMG git gud at pvp", now you gotta "git gud", at stopping the mounts. Axe always swings both ways!

>

> If you think you're all so good at roaming, guess what? Now you have the chance to prove it by earning your kill. Git gud, plebs!

Killing other players is part of PvP and has nothing to do with being a douchebag. Players, who don't want to get attacked by others, choose the wrong gamemode.

And being able to gank mounted players has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with build, much more than any 1vs1 between 2 unmounted players.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Magnuzone.8395" said:

> > > > Play against ppl who are interested in fighting you, problem solved. Noone likes a ganker.

> > >

> > > Agreed, ganking and stealth ambushes are 2 reasons I never cared for WvW.

> > > It can still happen in the gamemode but at least the mobility gap between classes has been diminished thanks to the mount.

> > > Now everyone has the freedom to choose to fight or flight rather than being forced into it constantly by classes that can easily get away from you when you gain the upper hand thanks to a cheap mechanical advantage.. stealth and shadowstep/teleports.

> > >

> > > It hasn't killed these tactics.. it's just made them more difficult to pull of solo and that's a good thing.

> > > WvW should never be an easy place for a solo player to go around killing.. it's a massive multiplayer pvp game mode for a reason.

> >

> > You are talking about the classes with the lowest sustain. You do realize that right? Thief is the worst profession in the game 1v1 imo. They have mobility because they lack elsewhere. The fact you weren't able to keep up with them tells me you likely played a class more than capable of dealing with them. People seem to not believe that mobility is an important factor when balancing.

>

> Yes but you don't need sustain when you can stunlock someone to death from behind within a couple of seconds and have almost 100% success rate at running away if your ambush fails while your victim has no way to get away from you aside from forcing you to run by turning the tide.

>

> The Warclaw only makes it more difficult for you to trap someone in combat.. once they're locked in they can't remount and flee.

> a couple of thieves are still more than capable of pulling off gank ambushes even on a mounted player.

What. Stunlock someone to death? What. Yeah see this is why not everyone needs a voice on combat balance. Imagine running 0 stunbreaks and complaining about dying in a stun.

Wow, all the snowflakes commenting about the "scary gankers" are making me realize the game mode is truly on its last breath. Do you really believe you should be able to traverse the map, back to your zerg, uncontested? Do you really feel it is unsportsmanlike conduct for another player to kill you in a PVP zone? Maybe they should just allow Teleport to Friend to work in WvW. That way you can always port right back to your blob without ever having to see another player..

> @"Farout.8207" said:

> Wow, all the snowflakes commenting about the "scary gankers" are making me realize the game mode is truly on its last breath. Do you really believe you should be able to traverse the map, back to your zerg, uncontested? Do you really feel it is unsportsmanlike conduct for another player to kill you in a PVP zone? Maybe they should just allow Teleport to Friend to work in WvW. That way you can always port right back to your blob without ever having to see another player..

that's wasn't really the issue, the problem was how one sided those fights were. it's not like you can easily switch between a zerg and a roam build and fighting a ganker with a zerg build puts you at a massive disadvantage. mounts have swayed this exchange to be more in favor of the zerger. did they overdo it? maybe, but nobody is going to convince me that any of these "roaming is dead"-criers have even attempted to adjust their strategy. (with half of them i don't even believe they looked at what the mount actually could do)

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Farout.8207" said:

> > Wow, all the snowflakes commenting about the "scary gankers" are making me realize the game mode is truly on its last breath. Do you really believe you should be able to traverse the map, back to your zerg, uncontested? Do you really feel it is unsportsmanlike conduct for another player to kill you in a PVP zone? Maybe they should just allow Teleport to Friend to work in WvW. That way you can always port right back to your blob without ever having to see another player..

>

> that's wasn't really the issue, the problem was how one sided those fights were. it's not like you can easily switch between a zerg and a roam build and fighting a ganker with a zerg build puts you at a massive disadvantage. mounts have swayed this exchange to be more in favor of the zerger. did they overdo it? maybe, but nobody is going to convince me that any of these "roaming is dead"-criers have even attempted to adjust their strategy.

Just as those roamers are running builds not great for zergs. It’s ur choice to run a full Zerg build in a PvP mode with more pvp dynamics than Zerg fighting. Choosing Zerg gear/builds shouldn’t grant u safe passage back to the zerg lol

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Farout.8207" said:

> > > Wow, all the snowflakes commenting about the "scary gankers" are making me realize the game mode is truly on its last breath. Do you really believe you should be able to traverse the map, back to your zerg, uncontested? Do you really feel it is unsportsmanlike conduct for another player to kill you in a PVP zone? Maybe they should just allow Teleport to Friend to work in WvW. That way you can always port right back to your blob without ever having to see another player..

> >

> > that's wasn't really the issue, the problem was how one sided those fights were. it's not like you can easily switch between a zerg and a roam build and fighting a ganker with a zerg build puts you at a massive disadvantage. mounts have swayed this exchange to be more in favor of the zerger. did they overdo it? maybe, but nobody is going to convince me that any of these "roaming is dead"-criers have even attempted to adjust their strategy.

>

> Choosing Zerg gear/builds shouldn’t grant u safe passage back to the zerg lol

it shouldn't, so a good thing that didn't happen.

> @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> >it's not like you can easily switch between a zerg and a roam build

>

>

> Since the 2015 trait system rework it's like 5 clicks...but i understand that it is not easy for the majority of the playerbase when i read through threads like this.

it's actually closer to 30 clicks if you've got the two builds completely memorized (assuming there even is a viable roam build for your class) twice just so you aren't at a major disadvantage when fighting a guy you don't want to fight

It does cuz ur saying players geared towards zergs shouldn’t be attacked by roamers or gankers cuz their gears for zergs no? Maybe I miss understood ur post. Warclaw allows such behaviour,unless u mess up ull never be forced to fight untill u reach ur group and decide to so. Sry I’m trying to comprehend the thought process of a player thinking it’s unfair to engage them in a untoward situation like being en route back to their Zerg in a fully open map player vs player mode, especially when cutting off the bodies from the opposing Zerg would be a viable and acceptable way to help ur own Zerg.

Yesterday i was solo roaming deep in enemy territory. Saw a friendly player at SW camp. Went into cap it. There was a REV defender who we killed quickly whilst also dealing with the camp guards and supervisor. Then while the circle was up and ticking an enemy Guard came from their nearby spawn on mount and decided to just kite/LOS/Leap/Dodge forever. Since we were in combat trying to take him down we could never catch up or do enough damage to dismount him. He proceeded to contest the point until more reinforcements came and we were suddenly 2v5.

Mounts should be susceptible to CC

Reduce HP

Reduce leaps/dodges to 2

Which then brings me to the secondary point of how OP Scrapper stealth gyro is (i was playing scrapper). I simply stealthed and we got away EZ PZ.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> If you don't want fair fights, then **own** it! Say you want your ganks, because that's what all this whining is about.

There is no ganking in WvW, the whole area is a pvp zone. Expecting to effortlessly travel in such an area with no risk is the absurdity.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > >it's not like you can easily switch between a zerg and a roam build

> >

> >

> > Since the 2015 trait system rework it's like 5 clicks...but i understand that it is not easy for the majority of the playerbase when i read through threads like this.

>

> it's actually closer to 30 clicks if you've got the two builds completely memorized (assuming there even is a viable roam build for your class) twice just so you aren't at a major disadvantage when fighting a guy you don't want to fight

Chest, weapon, amulet, legs

4 clicks to make a big change in your stats, maybe change one traitline and a few traits in the others... Which class can't do that? Not many if any. Even necro has some good duelling setups, if not a run-away