Best way for a new player to get a fully stacked level 80 account?

Hi guys new player here. My next foreseeable objective in this game is to attain level 80 on all my toons.

I have 9 character slots for each profession, and will be maxing out 1 level 80 character by hand, and using the 2 level 80 boosts I got with the expansions on the other 2.

That leaves 6 remaining professions to max out. Suggestions on how to optimize the levelling progress?

Thank you very much for the suggestions

Is money an issue?

If not, buy gems, convert to gold, use GW2crafts.net (or similar) and use crafting to hit level 80 on 6 characters or at the very least get them very close.

Or buy gems, get the instant level 80 unlocks from the gem store. Done.

Not sure why anyone would want to rush all 9 characters to 80, but who am I to judge.

The quickest way to do it is to buy the level 80 boost from the gem store, but that's expensive (especially for 6 characters) and you'll still have to spend time working out how each profession works and what build you want so you can get appropriate gear for them.

You'll get some Tomes of Knowledge (which grant 1 level each) from level up rewards and you can get more from PvP and WvW reward tracks. But you can also just do events (meta event chains are best) with XP boosts which has the added bonus that you'll get to know the character while levelling them so you're more likely to know exactly what build/s you want once you get to level 80.

But personally I don't recommend rushing to level all your characters. One boosted character can occasionally be useful, but this isn't one of those games where the 'end game' is drastically different from what you do while levelling up. PvP everyone is level 80 anyway (you're scaled up if you're below that), WvW will scale you up too but you won't have access to skills you haven't unlocked yet and PvE is basically the same content in different settings. It is nice to be able to go anywhere without worrying about being the right level for the area, but it doesn't matter enough that I think it's worth rushing all your characters to 80.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > Go to HoT maps, join metas, use xp buffs, enjoy easy levelling.

> > Can under level 80 enter the HoT maps to farm XP to level up to 80???

> >

>

> Of course. You will prolly die a lot, but you can enter maps.

Interesting. when I played it with friend, iirc, I could not go through the portal into HoT maps because I was under 80 level.

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > Go to HoT maps, join metas, use xp buffs, enjoy easy levelling.

> > > Can under level 80 enter the HoT maps to farm XP to level up to 80???

> > >

> >

> > Of course. You will prolly die a lot, but you can enter maps.

> Interesting. when I played it with friend, iirc, I could not go through the portal into HoT maps because I was under 80 level.

Use the south exit of lost precipice guild hall. You will be in VB. Join any meta trains for exp.

> @"Shiv.5781" said:

> Tomes of Knowledge from WvW is best way to lvl up the fastest.

That has been my experience as well. You gain 1 Tome of Knowledge every time you gain a rank (level) in WvW. The Skirmish chests that are awarded also contain the option of getting Testimony of Heroics, which you can then trade in to a vendor to complete 1 random hero point in either Core Tyria, HoT or PoF zones. In other words those testimony of heroics help you to easily unlock and complete the Elite specializations, so no need to hunt down Hero Points or join an HP train.

I currently have enough Tomes in my bank to level 8 characters from LV2 to 80, and enough Testimony of Heroics to fully unlock 24 elite specializations, and I haven't even been playing WvW seriously for that long a time.

Unless you really despise the lower and mid-level maps, I'd just work through the maps completing easy hearts and events, grabbing skill points along the way, and doing the story when you feel like it. Chances are if you have a lvl 80 you will want to actually play a character and will want to have waypoints unlocked. The XP that you get from exploring areas and unlocking WPs might as well be put to good use as you level up. Playing through from 1 to 80 with the different professions and their traits and skills is also the best way to learn how each profession works.

To speed it up, be sure to use the available boosts - there is plenty of cheap food and [utility items](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Utility_item). You should also be sure to join a guild and get the [tavern XP boost from the bartender](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_XP_Gain).

Crafting can also be a decent way to level up and speed through annoying levels - for me around 72 or 75 when I just want to be done and get to using the lvl 80 gear instead of whatever crappy leveling items I'm wearing. Presumably you will eventually want every crafting profession, so again, why not put the xp to good use. This does come with a gold cost, but gw2crafts.net has guides.

Most of all, enjoy the process. But if it stops being fun, by all means, utilize tomes or the other methods mentioned above to speed it up.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> But personally I don't recommend rushing to level all your characters. One boosted character can occasionally be useful, but this isn't one of those games where the 'end game' is drastically different from what you do while levelling up. PvP everyone is level 80 anyway (you're scaled up if you're below that), WvW will scale you up too but you won't have access to skills you haven't unlocked yet and PvE is basically the same content in different settings. It is nice to be able to go anywhere without worrying about being the right level for the area, but it doesn't matter enough that I think it's worth rushing all your characters to 80.

I wholeheartedly second this sentiment.

But to answer your question, OP, I found pvp the fastest way to level new toons. I easily built up 1000+ tomes of knowledge just pvping on various characters, and it's one of the only things that keeps me coming back to the mode even though I've been extremely frustrated with it as of late. I haven't leveled a character the long way for years at this point, just pop 79 tomes and I'm done.

Quick tip for anyone using Tomes to level a new character: Get them out of the tutorial instance first. You have to complete the tutorial to do literally anything else in the game and completing it always gives exactly enough XP to get them to level 2, but only to level 2 - if you're above that you lose that XP and waste 1 tome.

(I'm not sure how many people that affects, since there's no bank in the tutorial so you'd have to use the Deluxe edition banker golem, a bank access express or put the tomes into a shared inventory slot to even be able to use them, but I know I've made that mistake on my temporary characters, using the banker golem.)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Quick tip for anyone using Tomes to level a new character: Get them out of the tutorial instance first. You have to complete the tutorial to do literally anything else in the game and completing it always gives exactly enough XP to get them to level 2, but only to level 2 - if you're above that you lose that XP and waste 1 tome.

>

> (I'm not sure how many people that affects, since there's no bank in the tutorial so you'd have to use the Deluxe edition banker golem, a bank access express or put the tomes into a shared inventory slot to even be able to use them, but I know I've made that mistake on my temporary characters, using the banker golem.)

added to this they made the first heart in each area give 1 level so doing that quick save 1 tome aswell.

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > Go to HoT maps, join metas, use xp buffs, enjoy easy levelling.

> > > Can under level 80 enter the HoT maps to farm XP to level up to 80???

> > >

> >

> > Of course. You will prolly die a lot, but you can enter maps.

> Interesting. when I played it with friend, iirc, I could not go through the portal into HoT maps because I was under 80 level.

I used guild halls exit to map portals to get low level chars to Verdent Brink and Auric Basin. Once you get into Verdant Brink from the guild exit the Shipwreck Peak waypoint is opened up and you can go there. If you already have max level gliding you can glide to the Treacherous Path waypoint next to the Auric Basin map portal and go through to that map. Or you can use the Gilded Hollow map portal to get to Auric Basin and backtrack to Verdant Brink.

> @"Shiv.5781" said:

> Tomes of Knowledge from WvW is best way to lvl up the fastest.

WvW and PvP, run those and yes you will end up with enough tomes to max level as many toons as you would like the longer you do it. PvP your gear won't matter whereas in WvW it will though so be mindful of that. Check the wiki for reward tracks to best fit your needs. Also by running the reward tracks you can get LS3 zone currencies to buy ascended trinkets and/or use the WvW or PvP currencies to do the same from the vendors there.