Remove the Team Chat from players in Armistice Bastion

Seraphus.3061

Armistice Bastion is possibly cool, but definitely pointless. I don't mind it being there, but what I can't understand is why Anet allowed players in the Bastion to have access to the Team chat channel.

All week long, all I've seen is the same five players AFK'ing in there, while spouting utter nonsense in the channel, and I think it negatively affects the game mode, to be honest. This should be removed in a future patch, so that the channel is only usable by people who are actually _playing_ WvW.

Even for someone only going to WvW for Gifts of Battle, Catmanders, or Mounts, I noticed the chatter recently was more about Felicia Day rumors, superior races, fired people, and if salad can be sexy; it felt like every other nonsense PvE talk. And I just turned the whole channel off.

You do realize that you can also do this in Obsidian Sanctum (That's been a thing for quite a while) which is technically outside the BG's? How come only Armistice Bastion is the problem?.... Besides, if the same 5 people do it why dont you just block them? To remove team chat in the new WvW related zone located WITHIN WvW (That ALOT if not MAJORITY of people enjoy) seems excessive for simply you getting annoyed at a few people.

I just want a filter, anyone not actively in a WvW map, they're most likely not contributing to talk about the actual war that's going on. Muddying up our block lists and potentially blocking someone who may contribute to the war when they're not spouting off in la-la land seems like a worse option.

...and all week long you blame Armistice Bastion for that problem instead of just blocking these 5 players? You do know there is player chat block function right?

Or perhaps you prefer these 5 players to afk in WvW map and do the same?

This is server problem * rolled eyes *

> @"meb.6285" said:

> I just want a filter, anyone not actively in a WvW map, they're most likely not contributing to talk about the actual war that's going on. Muddying up our block lists and potentially blocking someone who may contribute to the war when they're not spouting off in la-la land seems like a worse option.

Wait... people don’t sit in BLs and spam your team chat?

You are SOOO missing the good life.

I mean, map specific call outs on a queues map through team chat because people either

- a: don’t know better

- b: don’t care

- c: are deliberately annoying people

It’s a given.

Plus the LA style chat as people are loitering, typical map trolls..,

If you don’t have your own internal filter, you stressing over a couple people in AB...

Life is too short.

> @"Mokdad.3586" said:

> You do realize that you can also do this in Obsidian Sanctum (That's been a thing for quite a while) which is technically outside the BG's? How come only Armistice Bastion is the problem?.... Besides, if the same 5 people do it why dont you just block them? To remove team chat in the new WvW related zone located WITHIN WvW (That ALOT if not MAJORITY of people enjoy) seems excessive for simply you getting annoyed at a few people.

You lose participation in OS. Which I think is a deterrent for some.