Replace "Lich Form" with it's fifth skill ; "Grim Specter"?

killfil.3472

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Do you have any detail in how Grim Specter works? Is the siphon the only thing it does? What do you propose as 'beef up?'

Grim specter not only steals health, it also steals vitality!

Augmenting the necromancer's maximum health (And if the enemy affected is a player : reduces their maximum health!)

I suppose they could beef it up by also stealing power / condition damage in a smaller amount, and maybe set the cooldown to 60 / 70 seconds so it isn't absolutly busted

:D

Edit : I have to say that it is a bind/tether skill, meaning enemies CAN break the effect by disengaging.

The damage it applies cannot critically hit, but still is respectable, and would make for an excellent sustain addition to any build!

Necromancer's design seems to want to reward the necromancer for fighting multiple opponents at once (the more targets you strike, the more lifeforce you get, the more health you steal, etc...)

This elite would fit the necro's design perfectly! :D

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> grim specter is a 100% downgrade from the previous #5 skill.

Either is better than lich now.

The old remove all condi and boons was good.

The new siphon is also good.

Both fit the theme and are very useful.

As a note the healing from it now scales with incoming healing so earth runes and VP give it a nice 21% boost.

Make it a skill. Necro is still missing an Elite well, so make it this.

Well: Siphon Life and deals dmg to all enemys inside, reduce ther vitality and increase the vitality same way for all allies inside equivalent.

Life Siphon: 778 (0,2)

Dmg: 778 (0,2)

Duration: 5s

Pulses: 6

Maximum Targets: 5

CD: 75 s

In this case, Lich form can stay, maybe change skill 5 to the old version, whatever it was XD

don't you dare take my 130 second cd OPweaponswap with ultra big dmg and cool little 4k aoe bomb rats just for a pitiful, weak vitality stealing medium dmg dealing tether

if it was turned into toughness steal so it'd be fantastic on clothies or bosses then it'd be an alright idea though

What if!

Grim Spectre became the Spectral Healing skill (still beefed up a bit, of course).

And we got a beefed up Ripple of Horror as our elite?

Ripple of Horror could:

Cause Fear, and possibly Torment?

Spawn Jagged Horrors each time it hits a target.

Have a longer range, a wider radius, and retain its unblockable nature.

Do more damage.

Summon Madness could become "Well of Madness", which would be our elite well. For 10 seconds, with a max of 5 targets per pulse, it summons Madness Horrors on each enemy per pulse which cause confusion each hit (1 application) and explode when they die, causing confusion (2 applications) to each enemy hit as well as doing damage.

Swap it only if beefed up in some way

It will still be considered a spectral skill i hope My version of it would be something like

**Grim Spector**

80s CD

Reveal and expose the souls of enemies nearby siphoning health from them over time, Gain vitality and life force each time you siphon. Enemies who break the tether before it expires take damage and are feared and immobilized. Enemies who would go down while tethered or to the tether break are finished.

Life Siphon Damage: 778 (0.2)

Life Siphon Healing: 778 (0.2)

Vitality per Stack (20s): 30 Vitality

Life force gained per siphon: 1%

Tether Break Fear and Immobilize Duration: 2s (the application of these conditions is not avoidable able but can bet countered with resistance/Stab/ Condi clear)

Tether Break Damage: 696 (2.34) (The equivalent of 1 lich auto attack)

Number of Targets: 5

Duration: 5s

Interval: 1s

Revealed: 5s

Radius: 600

Range: 600

Unblockable

oh my gosh too op i know.... of course any idea anyone comes up with aside form the current or old version is gonna be op on paper I simply tried to incorporate a bit more of lich into this skill alone.

My point is the current version of Grim specter is far to weak on its own to be an elite with a 180s cool down that no longer can potentially deal heavy strike damage, have cc, provide life force, or inflict any types of conditions. It would seriously needs some beefing up to be an elite. Now the old version of it would have probably been legit ok as an elite on its own with a 40s cd no buffing needed but the current version is a bit too weak unless its literally going to have a 30s cd which is unlikely but not impossible

Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

(Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

> @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

>

> If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

>

> Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

Plaguelands is perfectly fine

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> >

> > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> >

> > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

>

> Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

>

> Plaguelands is perfectly fine

AM i the only one who misses my high tank and condi dmg hug target Plague?? XD. Yo that was are crutch hide in wvw and pvp lol. Maybe if they just made it castable at range over on self.. hmmm ok now im just brainstorming lol

> @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

>

> If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

>

> Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

Just looking at this old skill makes me realize how bereft of imagination the current skills in GW2 are. I really miss GW1 complexity.

Nah, I don't really see the point in it. removing the entire elite for just grim specter would be very lackluster and frankly just plain unecessary to simplyfy it. Just look at what anet did to warrior banners. They became even more boring after the rework. They had every oppurntunity to rework the banner skills into something much more enganging but chose to gut them into the most passive thing ever. That being said, Lich Form still has some other great skills to it but it's just fallen victim to power creep over the years with the new specializations. Honestly they should just buff the duration to a whopping 40-60 seconds. The elite has pretty high damage output but you never really get any time to use it to it's full extent. You might think it's overkill but Lich Form makes you the biggest target in the vicinity, you have one very slow mobility skill and locked out of your healing and other utilities too, it's basically trading utility for raw power. Just bump it's cooldown back up to 180 seconds and there you go, problem solved.

> @"VixusIrine.9013" said:

> Nah, I don't really see the point in it. removing the entire elite for just grim specter would be very lackluster and frankly just plain unecessary to simplyfy it. Just look at what anet did to warrior banners. They became even more boring after the rework. They had every oppurntunity to rework the banner skills into something much more enganging but chose to gut them into the most passive thing ever. That being said, Lich Form still has some other great skills to it but it's just fallen victim to power creep over the years with the new specializations. Honestly they should just buff the duration to a whopping 40-60 seconds. The elite has pretty high damage output but you never really get any time to use it to it's full extent. You might think it's overkill but Lich Form makes you the biggest target in the vicinity, you have one very slow mobility skill and locked out of your healing and other utilities too, it's basically trading utility for raw power. Just bump it's cooldown back up to 180 seconds and there you go, problem solved.

Keeping lich form don't solve the issue that transform skills are incredibly cluncky to use with short uptime and a lock out of your utilities. Increasing the uptime like you suggest solve artificially the single "uptime" issue allowing players to gain a better familiarity over the lich's skills but at the same time it make the other issues even more "painful" for the player.

Personally, I'd only accept the lich form (elite transformation) if it was a second optional (elite skill) purely offensive "shroud", with a standard 10s CD, an 8% LF cost per second and no second life bar.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> >

> > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> >

> > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

>

>

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> >

> >

>

>

i find plaguelands to be extremely lackluster design wise