Not enough mastery points in Sparking the Flame that can be reached with level 1 mount

I go nuts! Have gathered two Mastery points with my level 1 mount. And feel stuck. No other possible Mastery Points in Crystal Oasis or in the other Area's. I cannot reach all of the Memory Crystals because of this problem, so cannot progress at all. Not with my mount, not with the story.

I have been googling for all the mastery points, and everywhere I saw a lot of reactions from people with the same problem. Some already left GW2 because of it. Not all players are quick enough of handy enough. And I think there should be lenience for those players. Please help me and post about Mastery Points I definitely could reach, or support me in this. I filed a complaint and asked for more doable Mastery Points for Level 1 mounts, and GW2 reacted and told me to post this.

My proposition is: at least one more mastery point for a level 1 mount.

There are enough you can reach. I had a similar problem. It took me a long time to find enough that I could access to the the raptor 3 mastery, without which you can't get the springer mount. However, there are enough places that you can get them (if you do story) without porting to friend etc. You just need to google a guide.

I agree that this is frustrating. I had a lot of trouble getting past that point. However, once you get the springer, everything is easy from there.

I had no issue at all with the POF mastery points. Just doing the story led me to more then enough to proceed and unlock what needed to be unlocked. As others have said, do the story first. If you try to jump ahead you will have problems but if you complete the store you should breeze right thru.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> 6 points total are needed for t3 raptor

>

> 1 point from Blazing A Trail

> 1 point from Night of Fires

> 1 point from commune in Elon Bay

> 1 point from commune in Amnoon Bazaar

> 1 point from the teleporter at Hatari Tablelands

> 1 point from Reins of the Raptor

Useful, specially because some of these are not evident (displayed on the map), so new players may not see them, and instead think they are forced to do the chef assistant MP, which is all sorts of aggravating for some players.

Besides all these outside resources, check your achievements panel under Crystal Oasis. It will list a number of things to do in the map and if there is a red Mastery Point icon next to an achieve, that means you get a point for doing that, even if it's not a commune or a story step.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> There are at least four Mastery Points without leaving Amnoon, none of which requires ANY mount to reach. Press M to open the Map.

Hi I did 3 there I could do. The one in the island... I cannot get up, saw youtubes about it and am sure all the jumps inthere are not possible for me.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Besides all these outside resources, check your achievements panel under Crystal Oasis. It will list a number of things to do in the map and if there is a red Mastery Point icon next to an achieve, that means you get a point for doing that, even if it's not a commune or a story step.

I checked my achiements panel but could not find that. Well I am 63, my kids find me a noob with some things. I usually do ok but this is difficult. But will look again and see if I missed it.

> @"Today.7032" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > There are at least four Mastery Points without leaving Amnoon, none of which requires ANY mount to reach. Press M to open the Map.

>

> Hi I did 3 there I could do. The one in the island... I cannot get up, saw youtubes about it and am sure all the jumps inthere are not possible for me.

It is possible, but yeah you have to be very exact.

I recommend you play the story chapters as each one (IIRC) gives you a mastery point. Once you have raptor level 3, you're golden.

> @"GodDogz.2175" said:

> I had no issue at all with the POF mastery points. Just doing the story led me to more then enough to proceed and unlock what needed to be unlocked. As others have said, do the story first. If you try to jump ahead you will have problems but if you complete the store you should breeze right thru.

Since I cannot jump, my story is stuck. I still need to get a couple of crystals.

> @"Today.7032" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > Besides all these outside resources, check your achievements panel under Crystal Oasis. It will list a number of things to do in the map and if there is a red Mastery Point icon next to an achieve, that means you get a point for doing that, even if it's not a commune or a story step.

>

> I checked my achiements panel but could not find that. Well I am 63, my kids find me a noob with some things. I usually do ok but this is difficult. But will look again and see if I missed it.

Go to Hero Panel > Achievements Tab > Path of Fire > Crystal Oasis. I can't say which of the achievements listed there give mastery points since once you have done the achieve, the point icon vanishes. Hopefully some of them do. Certainly the Just a Sip and A Trip Down Memory Lane do, but those are masteries shown on the map so you likely have done or at least found them.

I'm 53, I feel you on the not grokking all the cool young kids stuff :D

> @"Today.7032" said:

> > @"GodDogz.2175" said:

> > I had no issue at all with the POF mastery points. Just doing the story led me to more then enough to proceed and unlock what needed to be unlocked. As others have said, do the story first. If you try to jump ahead you will have problems but if you complete the store you should breeze right thru.

>

> Since I cannot jump, my story is stuck. I still need to get a couple of crystals.

and is there a reason you completely ignored all the easy ones I listed?

> @"Today.7032" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > Besides all these outside resources, check your achievements panel under Crystal Oasis. It will list a number of things to do in the map and if there is a red Mastery Point icon next to an achieve, that means you get a point for doing that, even if it's not a commune or a story step.

>

> I checked my achiements panel but could not find that. Well I am 63, my kids find me a noob with some things. I usually do ok but this is difficult. But will look again and see if I missed it.

That one is bit tricky but try to ask on map chat if a kind mesmer with skimmer can help you.

And again, PoF is out more then a year, there are plenty video guides of mastery points on tube.

> @"Today.7032" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > There are at least four Mastery Points without leaving Amnoon, none of which requires ANY mount to reach. Press M to open the Map.

>

> Hi I did 3 there I could do. The one in the island... I cannot get up, saw youtubes about it and am sure all the jumps inthere are not possible for me.

Then you have enough to progress.