this is the most imbalanced patch by far that we've had since PoF release

incisorr.9502

all the complains are for people that are off lesser skill.

go to options, keybind "show previous enemy" to something easy

go in a match, mark the mesmer, highlight the mesmer and spam that key..see how easy it is to stay on target, no matter howmany times they port/break target/stealth

go to the forums, and erase all your complaints

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > > Thing is if Condi Mirage is so bad like you say why are so many people wanting to have it nerfed? Why are there so many people saying it is completely OP? Why isn't ele being called op and in need of nerfs? And why aren't there any threads about Revenant being OP beside your own?

> > >

> > > You need to realize by now that you're the ONLY one with your vision and mindset. Everybody else thinks different. If 90% of the population thinks that Condi Mirage was OP then it's pretty likely that Condi Mirage is OP.

> > >

> > > You're also really the only one complaining about Revenant, I honestly don't understand how you're this high ranked but you're getting wiped by a +1 class especially when Condi Mirage is like a direct counter against Revenants.

> >

> > Condi mirage was realy strong but now it's just not worth playing.

>

> It def is worth playing, everyone that used to play condi mirage was just relying on it being so cheesy and easy that they're all upset that they actually need to do something now.

I didn't see a single mirage (beside myself sometimes) in the last week of ranked. Maybe every mirage player was just bad and fell down to bronze or maybe mirage just got nerfed way too hard and thus is not worth playing especially with all the scrappers and chrono running around.

But hey at least there's barely any conditions in the game so people must be happy, right ?

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> Everyone crying about condi mirage when it was already the least played class in high elo https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63990/mesmer-is-trash-and-it-needs-buffs#latest

>

> In this current season there are two revenants in top 10 and 0 mirages,

> in top 50 there are five + revenants and **one single mirage player** (in fact, the 2nd highest mirage is all over #70 so you have only 1 player making it in top 70 as a mirage out of what is it? Millions of active gw2 players?)

>

> How does anet justify nerfing a class that has been underperforming for months even further while a class like revenant that's broken beyond reason that's dominating the game and that does dmg beyond any reason in pvp with the best ganking tools in the game is still allowed to be in here?

>

> I'm not even here to post my opinion but merely to state facts and the facts are that CONDI MIRAGE remains the least played class on high elo along with elementalist (sometimes less played, sometimes more played). You can literally play any other mesmer spec (power or core or chrono or whatever) and you'll be better off than playing condi mirage because the class was completely nuked out of orbit due to what? Peer pressure and forum propaganda? REALLY? It's also the least played class for AT finalists (except ele, again) for the last half year

>

> so how are patch notes made? is it based on forum whining ? because if someone was actually checking the state of the game we would have the complete opposite patch

On NA WoodenPotatoes played condition mirage and his team made it to top 4 in the MAT.

Just to give people some insight on OP's idea of balance: he says he could easily 1v2 scourge + fb duo back on unnerfed axe and claims it should be this way cause it's fair. He also complains about dying to rev/thief plus ones and says he shouldn't die 1v2 cause it's not fair.

@"incisorr.9502" I'm really sorry to be an a-hole and bring this here but sometimes it really feels like you just can't play rev at all and maybe you're jelly that other people can, so you keep complaining about it while rolling your face all over keyboard on mirage, face tanking mighty blows and pressing pistol 5 into thief's dagger storm, cause that's what I've seen you do. I mean I do dumb stuff too and miss play badly, but I don't go making tons of balance complain posts after that.

P.S.: we can also complain that there no renegades in top 100 or w/e. Try chrono, there were 3 of those in mAT finals (2 of them won) and they play your lovely scepter too, so you should be fine.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

>

> facts are

>

> Not a single mirage played in the monthly AT top 8

>

> xd

>

> mirage wasn't good even on the last patch yet it got nerfed again, you talk about facts but you ignore the facts that don't fit your narrative, how does that even work?

There were in fact several mirages on the NA monthly. One of which was in the winning team.

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> all the complains are for people that are off lesser skill.

>

> go to options, keybind "show previous enemy" to something easy

> go in a match, mark the mesmer, highlight the mesmer and spam that key..see how easy it is to stay on target, no matter howmany times they port/break target/stealth

>

> go to the forums, and erase all your complaints

That's not what previous enemy does.

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> Thing is if Condi Mirage is so bad like you say why are so many people wanting to have it nerfed? Why are there so many people saying it is completely OP? Why isn't ele being called op and in need of nerfs? And why aren't there any threads about Revenant being OP beside your own?

Because according to him its a grand conspiracy against mesmers....some irrational incomprehensible need by the wider community to nerf a really weak class because we are just salty against a class that is useless and cant kill anything.

>

> You need to realize by now that you're the ONLY one with your vision and mindset. Everybody else thinks different. If 90% of the population thinks that Condi Mirage was OP then it's pretty likely that Condi Mirage is OP.

but ....but.....but.....its not played in high elo.......LOL.

>

> You're also really the only one complaining about Revenant, I honestly don't understand how you're this high ranked but you're getting wiped by a +1 class especially when Condi Mirage is like a direct counter against Revenants.

....because hes a god of pvp and proves it by playing a really weak class that is condi mirage and still somehow gets into high ranking. SMH. Conveniently forgetting that condi is what counters power revenants so hard.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Here is a fact.

>

> The less Mesmer play PvP the healthier is the Gamemode

What if I say that about warrior? As balance currently stands the experience will be much better if we remove warrior and engi. Even, if this statement is true, this logic is absolutely flawed.

And Anet devs are out to lunch. They spent million patches trying to nerf mirage correctly and failed, then they basically deleted axe from PvP and called it a day..

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > Here is a fact.

> >

> > The less Mesmer play PvP the healthier is the Gamemode

>

> What if I say that about warrior? As balance currently stands the experience will be much better if we remove warrior and engi. Even, if this statement is true, this logic is absolutely flawed.

>

> And Anet devs are out to lunch. They spent million patches trying to nerf mirage correctly and failed, then they basically deleted axe from PvP and called it a day..

Welcome to every balance patch ever.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > all the complains are for people that are off lesser skill.

> >

> > go to options, keybind "show previous enemy" to something easy

> > go in a match, mark the mesmer, highlight the mesmer and spam that key..see how easy it is to stay on target, no matter howmany times they port/break target/stealth

> >

> > go to the forums, and erase all your complaints

>

> That's not what previous enemy does.

that is exactly what previous enemy does.

if i mark/highlight you, you stealth, you are revealed i have no clue where you, and i press my keybind i will 100% automatically retarget you given you are within the range treshold (which is quite large).

the same for teleports, the same for target breaks, the same for stealths

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> that is exactly what previous enemy does.

> if i mark/highlight you, you stealth, you are revealed i have no clue where you, and i press my keybind i will 100% automatically retarget you given you are within the range treshold (which is quite large).

>

> the same for teleports, the same for target breaks, the same for stealths

Honestly, that's a bug that should be fixed. It's a borderline exploit.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > that is exactly what previous enemy does.

> > if i mark/highlight you, you stealth, you are revealed i have no clue where you, and i press my keybind i will 100% automatically retarget you given you are within the range treshold (which is quite large).

> >

> > the same for teleports, the same for target breaks, the same for stealths

>

> Honestly, that's a bug that should be fixed. It's a borderline exploit.

No it’s not. That’s the exactly functionality of the command.

Here are some Facts:

Warrior And Engi Are Meta at the moment.

What counters Warrior? Condi Mirage Does. What Version Of Condi mirage shits on Warrior Now after the Axe Nerf? Scepter and Torch with Staff Shits On Warrior At the moment and Can Possibly Beat Prot Holo(skill match up imo). Issue is Condi Mirage Loses Node to Warrior and Prot holo because They Need to be in range and Not sit on node other wise you'll be dead in seconds.

Scrapper Shits On Condi and Power mirage. Warrior Either Core Or Spell Breaker can Beat or Stall against Scrapper depending on what the scrapper running. Issue with Scrapper they CANT kill Warrior or Push them off Node at all.....

Prot Holo Loses to Warrior in general. It's just a bad match up To much CC and Boon Removal due to dagger. However Prot holo Can out Bunker a Scrapper with no issues at all and eventually win the node.

Bunker Chrono has also been a thing for a while and it's been played in the Monthly tournament by Na and Eu players(Mainly Eu players).

The meta ATM IMO is a rock, paper, scissor type match up.

People are so quick to complain and cry about every little thing but condi Mirage is still pretty strong the only issue is ALOT of the kids on the forum are just calling it "useless" or "weak" because Axe was gutted. However Scepter 5x More op then axe was because of the insane Low cool-downs on Scepter 2 and the Burst on Scepter 3 being op.

Learn to Adapt. Play Different spec, Duel Different Classes with said Spec/Build and Learn to play around it. Improve yourself as a player and most of these useless post wont be made on a daily.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > that is exactly what previous enemy does.

> > if i mark/highlight you, you stealth, you are revealed i have no clue where you, and i press my keybind i will 100% automatically retarget you given you are within the range treshold (which is quite large).

> >

> > the same for teleports, the same for target breaks, the same for stealths

>

> Honestly, that's a bug that should be fixed. It's a borderline exploit.

that is not a bug, the "action" does exactly what it says it will do: it will target your previous enemy.

fighting mesmers becomes a charm

i mean it does this since 2012?

if it was a bug, then i am the first to mention this bug

or, if this was a bug don't you think it would be fixed by now?

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > No it’s not. That’s the exactly functionality of the command.

> >

> >

>

> I don't think it is. Why did they even do target breaks as a mechanic if it's just a check on how fast your opponent can press a button?

literally everything in gw2 is "who presses first" lol

warrior vs warrior duels, who has the first gs3 for example.

or burst vs dodge it all comes to who can press faster, at the correct time

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> Everyone crying about condi mirage when it was already the least played class in high elo https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63990/mesmer-is-trash-and-it-needs-buffs#latest

>

> In this current season there are two revenants in top 10 and 0 mirages,

> in top 50 there are five + revenants and **one single mirage player** (in fact, the 2nd highest mirage is all over #70 so you have only 1 player making it in top 70 as a mirage out of what is it? Millions of active gw2 players?)

>

> How does anet justify nerfing a class that has been underperforming for months even further while a class like revenant that's broken beyond reason that's dominating the game and that does dmg beyond any reason in pvp with the best ganking tools in the game is still allowed to be in here?

>

> I'm not even here to post my opinion but merely to state facts and the facts are that CONDI MIRAGE remains the least played class on high elo along with elementalist (sometimes less played, sometimes more played). You can literally play any other mesmer spec (power or core or chrono or whatever) and you'll be better off than playing condi mirage because the class was completely nuked out of orbit due to what? Peer pressure and forum propaganda? REALLY? It's also the least played class for AT finalists (except ele, again) for the last half year

>

> so how are patch notes made? is it based on forum whining ? because if someone was actually checking the state of the game we would have the complete opposite patch

Balancing for the top 250 players will eventually reduce your playerbase to 250 players.

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> that is not a bug, the "action" does exactly what it says it will do: it will target your previous enemy.

> fighting mesmers becomes a charm

>

> i mean it does this since 2012?

> if it was a bug, then i am the first to mention this bug

> or, if this was a bug don't you think it would be fixed by now?

Ok, not a bug exactly but rather, unintended behavior. Whether it should work that way, or not, is up for debate.

I don't visit the mesmer/thief forums enough to know the answer to whether you're the first person to mention it. The first I've heard of it, and I've been around for a while.

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > Everyone crying about condi mirage when it was already the least played class in high elo https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63990/mesmer-is-trash-and-it-needs-buffs#latest

> >

> > In this current season there are two revenants in top 10 and 0 mirages,

> > in top 50 there are five + revenants and **one single mirage player** (in fact, the 2nd highest mirage is all over #70 so you have only 1 player making it in top 70 as a mirage out of what is it? Millions of active gw2 players?)

> >

> > How does anet justify nerfing a class that has been underperforming for months even further while a class like revenant that's broken beyond reason that's dominating the game and that does dmg beyond any reason in pvp with the best ganking tools in the game is still allowed to be in here?

> >

> > I'm not even here to post my opinion but merely to state facts and the facts are that CONDI MIRAGE remains the least played class on high elo along with elementalist (sometimes less played, sometimes more played). You can literally play any other mesmer spec (power or core or chrono or whatever) and you'll be better off than playing condi mirage because the class was completely nuked out of orbit due to what? Peer pressure and forum propaganda? REALLY? It's also the least played class for AT finalists (except ele, again) for the last half year

> >

> > so how are patch notes made? is it based on forum whining ? because if someone was actually checking the state of the game we would have the complete opposite patch

>

> Balancing for the top 250 players will eventually reduce your playerbase to 250 players.

Well that's just straight up not true. Balancing a game to the top 250 will allow it to be based on skill, timing, prediction, etc. (all of the things that we complain don't matter due to powercreep, passives, etc.). The reason the game has lost so much of it's playerbase is due to balancing to the casuals. Casual players couldn't properly combo damage and cc together so anet added more cc and damage so they could play better. They kept dying quickly so anet gave them passive lifesavers, passive counter cc, more healing/evasion/invuln so they could live longer. All this has done is made the trash tier players marginally stronger (they can get lucky with occasionally killing something if they have 10k hits to spam or they can sometimes actually survive more than 2 seconds if they can spam invuln and healing) and make higher level players god tier (they know how to time and stagger cds so they always have some sort of near 1 shot combo ready, they also always leave themselves with tons of sustain, disengage tools, etc). Balancing to the performance of a high level player will be better for the game's health in the long run, will attract more players (new game modes would help a ton too but I digress) and gives the bad players something to strive for.

TLDR: Why should anyone be rewarded for being bad? Ever? They shouldn't be, so don't balance that way.

I'm not a fan of the current balance strategy that seems to be something like:

"Buff everything up to the highest level of powercreep introduced with HoT/PoF"

I'd prefer the opposite: **nerf everything down to ~2015 levels of power**. If you took the strongest 2015 build and put it against any current meta build, it'd get destroyed.

The current buff-to-powercreep strategy is how we've ended up at such extremes over the past few years. If every build is OP, then .. every build is OP. It's not balance.

What happened to condi mirage was a step in the right direction. It needs to keep happening to other classes, and hopefully on a more frequent basis.