Which direction is the game heading?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anet wont communicate until something is ready. Roadmaps, at least for pve are not their thing. We know that ls5 is next and that is all.

As for GW3, it isn't happening in the near future if ever. They confirmed last year or the ywar before (in a random forum reply) that there was no plans for a gw3 and even if that stance has changed, work on gw2 would pretty much stop entirely (no living story etc) for a few years for it to happen.

Ls5 is your answer and the only one we are getting

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Anet wont communicate until something is ready. Roadmaps, at least for pve are not their thing. We know that ls5 is next and that is all.

>

> As for GW3, it isn't happening in the near future if ever. They confirmed last year or the ywar before (in a random forum reply) that there was no plans for a gw3 and even if that stance has changed, work on gw2 would pretty much stop entirely (no living story etc) for a few years for it to happen.

>

> Ls5 is your answer and the only one we are getting

I seem to remember that when they were working on a 4th campaign for Guild Wars 1, it eventually grew too large and different and it became the basis for GW2. They scrapped the campaign and developed Eye of the North instead, an expansion that ties the two games together.

My point is, up until that point, Anet wasn't planning on a sequel. Who is to say the same thing won't happen again.

But, GW2 is on a roll at the moment, at least as far as I am concerned. Living World Season 5 is coming. After that, maybe we will be looking at an expansion. That's my guess.

I would rly like to know the answer. Noone needs schedules but any road map would be good. What can we expect after ls5? How long will ls5 be, how many raid wings can we expect, any future plans on wvw/pvp. Can we expect more elite specs, will there be legendary amulet, any qol planned, any lots of other questions.

At this moment only thing we know for sure: there will be ls4 e6 and than some ls5, nothing else is sure about the game outside of that.

If I knew there will be no new specs, and ls6 after ls5, I would just stop playing and find other game. Gw2 is beautifull, but nothing can sustain without more development.

> @"Genoshock.2104" said:

> Expansions? Or GW3 ---- I probably shouldn't be asking but it would be nice to know if there are any news.

>

> The player base is still large, and the only content around is PvP based for me.

>

>

>

>

One episode of story and a map every 3 month. Some minor other stuff. This is basically it till.. the next 21 month?

There is a way they can answer, but wont. The direction of the game as an idea would be nice to know. Are they happy with the state of content theyre releasing, do they want to release more challenging stuff in the future, do they want challenging content at all. Stuff like that is the kind of info a lot of us vets want to know.

I would hope they are taking a long hard look at their old content and deeply considering how to make everything more engaging in order to keep their player base alive. They really need to make the entire game more challenging, and require more teamwork to complete. As it is, the game feels like a single player sandbox with little brightly colored ghostly distractions from what I'm doing occasionally running past.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Anet wont communicate until something is ready. Roadmaps, at least for pve are not their thing. We know that ls5 is next and that is all.

>

> As for GW3, it isn't happening in the near future if ever. They confirmed last year or the ywar before (in a random forum reply) that there was no plans for a gw3 and even if that stance has changed, work on gw2 would pretty much stop entirely (no living story etc) for a few years for it to happen.

And they also said they were doing more LS and said basically that expansions were pushed back, if they were ever coming back... but then they got called off their secret projects and lost a third of their staff and were told to focus on the game. Honestly, since Ncsoft intervened nobody knows what's going to happen.

I don't see a GW3 happening anytime soon necessarily but then on the other hand, it's also a question mark how long they can keep GW2 profitable. I suspect a while yet but there has to be a next plan for ArenaNet to still exist. They can't live off one old MMO forever after all. So I'm wondering whether Ncsoft will invest into ArenaNet again like they did with GW2 or not. What I am pretty sure about is that we won't get any clarity on that anytime soon. If they did that'd definitely surprise the hell out of me.

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > In the direction of the glue factory.

>

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Right off a cliff :)

>

> It doesn't bode well for this horse. I think it still has quite a few races in it.

Good news, then! There aren't any horses in GW2.

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> > @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > In the direction of the glue factory.

> >

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > Right off a cliff :)

> >

> > It doesn't bode well for this horse. I think it still has quite a few races in it.

>

> Good news, then! There aren't any horses in GW2.

Um... okay...

Not sure if I'm missing something or you are.