Why is Soulbeast so popular in WvW?

Joshewwah.2956

> @"Absurd.2947" said:

> Ranger is overpowered as kitten, people don't realize that because most ranger players are absolute baddies.

Everyone still playing WvW is a baddie. In case you missed it a borderline dead game mode in a 6 year old MMORPG, that is competitvely a joke with a relatively low skilled combat system and where the most common gameplay is known as 'blobbing', is not the place leet gamers are hanging out.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"Absurd.2947" said:

> > Ranger is overpowered as kitten, people don't realize that because most ranger players are absolute baddies.

>

> Everyone still playing WvW is a baddie. In case you missed it a borderline dead game mode in a 6 year old MMORPG, that is competitvely a joke with a relatively low skilled combat system and where the most common gameplay is known as 'blobbing', is not the place leet gamers are hanging out.

>

>

"Elite gamers" never even came to GW2 in the first place. The "elite" RVR guilds that did mostly left in the first six months. WvW has been casual PvPvE for at least five years, which is just as well since that's what it was designed to be.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Zephyra.4709" said:

> > unlike thief + mesmer, you will most certainly see the ranger coming/lingering around so you can anticipate the typical knock back + LB 2 spam followed by GS maul + the stun thing and the mother of all 'sit down' skills if it ain't dead yet - worldy impact.

> Unlike? Lol they are all just as predictable if its a meta build. Only difference is that the sb burst when done right cant be blocked.

i'm referring to the ones who nuthug towers behind the walls stealth up and hit you when running past. thieves/mesmers usually have an abundance of stealth for this. yes that's true if the sbeast is using unblockables. handy to run energy sigil in that case double dodge, swap for energy sigil and use skills that have built in evades/distance you from the sbeast when they swap to GS (maul combo).

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

> > >

> > > This.

> > >

> > > If a dismount skill is added then it will be more diversified again.

> >

> > Yeah GL catching up to their mount with yours!

> >

> > Just a tip, you won't.

>

> who is dumb enough to chase someone from behind in a strait line in thier own territory?

> Have you not heard of positioning or just completely ignored the basics to make that comment?

The moment you see them in your territory they can turn around and have such a headstart they will make it back into their own in time, even now that already happens.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

> > > >

> > > > This.

> > > >

> > > > If a dismount skill is added then it will be more diversified again.

> > >

> > > Yeah GL catching up to their mount with yours!

> > >

> > > Just a tip, you won't.

> >

> > who is dumb enough to chase someone from behind in a strait line in thier own territory?

> > Have you not heard of positioning or just completely ignored the basics to make that comment?

>

> The moment you see them in your territory they can turn around and have such a headstart they will make it back into their own in time, even now that already happens.

So then there shouldn't be an issue adding a dismount skill...

I see a lot saying a dismount skill will ruin WvW and favor players who wish to kill others, perhaps I should direct them to your simple solution you have provided for them.

In my world, if I kill the enemy or if they are forced to hide in a tower or run the opposite direction then I have won and move on to continue capping sentries to mark enemy players trying to reinforce thier army.

Forgive me for seeing WvW as a tactical warzone too.

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

> > > > >

> > > > > This.

> > > > >

> > > > > If a dismount skill is added then it will be more diversified again.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah GL catching up to their mount with yours!

> > > >

> > > > Just a tip, you won't.

> > >

> > > who is dumb enough to chase someone from behind in a strait line in thier own territory?

> > > Have you not heard of positioning or just completely ignored the basics to make that comment?

> >

> > The moment you see them in your territory they can turn around and have such a headstart they will make it back into their own in time, even now that already happens.

>

> So then there shouldn't be an issue adding a dismount skill...

>

> I see a lot saying a dismount skill will ruin WvW and favor players who wish to kill others, perhaps I should direct them to your simple solution you have provided for them.

>

> In my world, if I kill the enemy or if they are forced to hide in a tower or run the opposite direction then I have won and move on to continue capping sentries to mark enemy players trying to reinforce thier army.

> Forgive me for seeing WvW as a tactical warzone too.

Anyone with situational awareness can see you comming, imagine going down from south ruin on the stairs to the sentry there, someone at the sentry will see you at just turn around.

Movement speed need to be nerfed, then we won't even *need* a dismounting skill, way cheaper on resources, shave off some HP and a dodge while you're at it too.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If a dismount skill is added then it will be more diversified again.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah GL catching up to their mount with yours!

> > > > >

> > > > > Just a tip, you won't.

> > > >

> > > > who is dumb enough to chase someone from behind in a strait line in thier own territory?

> > > > Have you not heard of positioning or just completely ignored the basics to make that comment?

> > >

> > > The moment you see them in your territory they can turn around and have such a headstart they will make it back into their own in time, even now that already happens.

> >

> > So then there shouldn't be an issue adding a dismount skill...

> >

> > I see a lot saying a dismount skill will ruin WvW and favor players who wish to kill others, perhaps I should direct them to your simple solution you have provided for them.

> >

> > In my world, if I kill the enemy or if they are forced to hide in a tower or run the opposite direction then I have won and move on to continue capping sentries to mark enemy players trying to reinforce thier army.

> > Forgive me for seeing WvW as a tactical warzone too.

>

> Anyone with situational awareness can see you comming, imagine going down from south ruin on the stairs to the sentry there, someone at the sentry will see you at just turn around.

>

> Movement speed need to be nerfed, then we won't even *need* a dismounting skill, way cheaper on resources, shave off some HP and a dodge while you're at it too.

TLDR is the bolded parts.

We need a dismount skill... Its purely build related. Not all of us play pewpew ranger or even enjoy it.

DD Tempest for example revolves around using soft and hard CC with mediocre damage.. The mount is immune to those sort of builds, a mount renders an entire class utterly useless.

For more info, **the entire elite spec mechanic being Overloads cannot be used on a mount**, none of the earth skills are functional as they mostly provide soft/hard CC, nor fire as cast times are too slow for the mounts movement, most cast times in fact are too slow to hit a moving mount. Not a single attunement with associated skills work because they are balanced around things that the mount provides immunity too, and **none of the class abilities were designed and balanced around mount combat.** Unfortunately this isn't an opinion, its a fact.

From what Ive seen on the forums, its rendered most classes obsolete actually. Its the very definition of game breaking.

I hope like @"Trevor Boyer.6524" you can understand the view point on this.

But like you said, even with a dismount skill people can still run another direction. So, there shouldn't be any issue at all putting the feature in and you have just logically dismissed any arguement against it wether it was your intention or not.

WvW was full of soulbeasts even before the mount was added. The spec simply has no drawbacks / is overpowered (at its peak currently as everyting except soulbeast was nerfed recently).

It's so easy to play in open field and high ground abusing battlegrounds that a onehanded monkey can reliably kill with it. And WvW 1) has these terrain characteristics and 2) is a playground for bad/mediocre players that look for carrybuilds.

That's all.

Side Note: The mount is even good against longbow soulbeasts as it is a great gap closer (this may be the reason why ANet did not nerf it in the recent balance patch).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> WvW was full of soulbeasts even before the mount was added. The spec simply has no drawbacks / is overpowered (at its peak currently as everyting except soulbeast was nerfed recently).

>

> It's so easy to play in open field and high ground abusing battlegrounds that a onehanded monkey can reliably kill with it. And WvW 1) has these terrain characteristics and 2) is a playground for bad/mediocre players that look for carrybuilds.

>

> That's all.

>

> Side Note: The mount is even good against longbow soulbeasts as it is a great gap closer (this may be the reason why ANet did not nerf it in the recent balance patch).

I mean everything is OP in WvW, Necros are the most broken class of PoF, along with Guardians, Mesmers are stupid, SB is stupid with the range, Thief could do stupid things before mounts, Engi is stupid with Scrapper and Holo both doing OP things, it is WvW, everything is broken in some way, but Necros are the worst offender.

For the love of god nerf it Anet so ppl will finally shut up. I really don't care, since major shakeups are fun anyway.

But please don't pretend your e.g. super spammy Holosmiths or with passive overloaded Warriors need skill to play. And don't even get me started on Necros...

You now have a mount with three dodges now to close the gap. Use it. If your enemy SB wastes Sic em for dismount, he is bad or you aren't even a threat anyway.

> @"Joshewwah.2956" said:

> About 20-30% of the people I see in WvW on a T1/T2 server, at least on my server are soulbeasts, why is this? Whats the appeal? The build doesn't really contribute much to zergs and I was surprised we managed to defend a t3 keep on eb

Guess 70% then run this :

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> WvW was full of soulbeasts even before the mount was added. The spec simply has no drawbacks / is overpowered (at its peak currently as everyting except soulbeast was nerfed recently).

>

> It's so easy to play in open field and high ground abusing battlegrounds that a onehanded monkey can reliably kill with it. And WvW 1) has these terrain characteristics and 2) is a playground for bad/mediocre players that look for carrybuilds.

>

> That's all.

>

> Side Note: The mount is even good against longbow soulbeasts as it is a great gap closer (this may be the reason why ANet did not nerf it in the recent balance patch).

WvW full of scourges and firebrands ...this GvG match is a small example and I can post hundreds of them if requested :

Do realize that anet balance on actual gameplay and not roaming experiences

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Joshewwah.2956" said:

> > About 20-30% of the people I see in WvW on a T1/T2 server, at least on my server are soulbeasts, why is this? Whats the appeal? The build doesn't really contribute much to zergs and I was surprised we managed to defend a t3 keep on eb

>

> Guess 70% then run this :

No, 70% doesnt run this. No devouring darkness in the build.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> Do realize that anet balance on actual gameplay and not roaming experiences

What I did realize is that you did not understand my posting.

People don't play soulbeast in organized zergs but in everything else (camping walls when defending structures, run with the public and look for an easy kill while staying in the backline and so on).

Your video shows 5% of the stuff that is happening in WvW.

Another side note (regarding your video): I ran into a FB / power scourge duo yesterday who tried to flip our T3 camp. That scourge survived for 3 seconds and the firebrand couldn't do anything to keep this glas canon alive. I wouldn't have had a single chance if this scourge would have been trailblazer. So may I ask you: Is trying to flip a T3 camp to cut supplies "actual gameplay" or a "roaming experience" nobody cares about? (You don't need to answer. That was a rhetorical question.)

Rangers are great counters to necros and in some cases you see more when one side runs more of the other. They are also great in havoc groups outside of just roamers. Was running a full ranger havoc for about a month and it's a great counter for enemy necros running in the opposing zerg. Off havoc from your own zerg and you can advance and start to drop their necro's before/during pushes. And a havoc of rangers will trigger some zergs to turn on you when they should be focusing the other zerg. And if they are all running stance sharing you can get some nice uptimes, stability and cleanses. Plus they are well suited for defense since LB does allow them to hold walls whereas a lot of classes can't. Personally I think the SB and ranger in general are in a good spot since you do see a number of them but its said they aren't wanted in zergs. So, to me that's kinda in balance. If they were fully embraced by zergs then I would say we probably slipped into the bounds of OP. Now all that said, when I roam on my other classes I don't hesitate or feel any of them can't kill a SB or any ranger, it's a matter of recognizing which type and adjusting tactics based on build I am on.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Joshewwah.2956" said:

> > > About 20-30% of the people I see in WvW on a T1/T2 server, at least on my server are soulbeasts, why is this? Whats the appeal? The build doesn't really contribute much to zergs and I was surprised we managed to defend a t3 keep on eb

> >

> > Guess 70% then run this :

>

> No, 70% doesnt run this. No devouring darkness in the build.

I'm surprised you can tell anything about his build, I couldn't even see the enemies in that video for all the visual spam.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

I dismount people all the time on Renegade. Strong Conditions are great for forcing people off their mounts.

As for why people are playing Ranger? Well, it's a Ranger for one, bows and arrows are cool, right? Plus you get to fire your bow from 1500 range (untraited), that's also somewhat appealing, isn't it? And you get to have a Bear companion.

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

> > > > >

> > > > > This.

> > > > >

> > > > > If a dismount skill is added then it will be more diversified again.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah GL catching up to their mount with yours!

> > > >

> > > > Just a tip, you won't.

> > >

> > > who is dumb enough to chase someone from behind in a strait line in thier own territory?

> > > Have you not heard of positioning or just completely ignored the basics to make that comment?

> >

> > The moment you see them in your territory they can turn around and have such a headstart they will make it back into their own in time, even now that already happens.

>

> So then there shouldn't be an issue adding a dismount skill...

>

> I see a lot saying a dismount skill will ruin WvW and favor players who wish to kill others, perhaps I should direct them to your simple solution you have provided for them.

>

> In my world, if I kill the enemy or if they are forced to hide in a tower or run the opposite direction then I have won and move on to continue capping sentries to mark enemy players trying to reinforce thier army.

> Forgive me for seeing WvW as a tactical warzone too.

Problem with the 'longbow soulbeast' here is they chase you the moment you take off

No admitting defeats, fully putting back something between your cheeks...like the 'old' thieves

> @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > It can dismount someone unlike everyone else.

>

> I dismount people all the time on Renegade. Strong Conditions are great for forcing people off their mounts.

>

> As for why people are playing Ranger? Well, it's a Ranger for one, bows and arrows are cool, right? Plus you get to fire your bow from 1500 range, that's also somewhat appealing, isn't it? And you get to have a Bear companion.

1800+*