So, season 4 episode 6 on April 29th-May 6th?

We know that:

* Season 4 Episode 5 was released on January 8th

* ArenaNet usually tries to release a new episode every 3-4 months

* ArenaNet is doing the "GW2 Welcome Back" event, in which each week they unlock one episode of Season 4; last week it was episode 1, this week it's episode 2

So, it's logical to think that:

* We will have episode 3 next week (April 8th)

* Then episode 4 on the week of April 15th

* Then episode 5 on the week of April 22th

* ...And then, on April 29th, we will be more or less four months after the release of Episode 5, one week after inviting new players to return to the game to catch up on season 4

Wouldn't that make the week of April 29th, or at most the week of May 6th, the logical time to release episode 6? IMO, that's when the final episode of season 4 will be released.

What do you think?

Anet's intended schedule is to release an episode every 2-3 months. Recently some of them have been closer to 4 months, but I doubt they'd deliberately leave it 4 months. Also they've said they're going to feature WvW and PvP in the welcome back event as well as PvE, which could add even more weeks to the event. But it seems illogical to delay new releases for the sake of a promotion to attract returning players who are going to be behind no matter what.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next episode is late. The studio was closed for several days in January because of snow which pretty much shut down all of Seattle, and then there were the layoffs and the subsequent restructuring. I know that mainly affected other, non-GW2 projects, but even bringing people who were moved off those projects into existing teams and getting them up to speed will take some time.

So between the two I'm expecting to see the next episode about mid-April. Since releases are always on a Tuesday that would be the 16th or 23rd.

* 90 days from the last update is 8 April (a week from Tuesday), which is when some patch-date estimators have predicted we'll have the next patch.

* 120 days from the last update is 8 May, which the OP notes would manage to be exactly fitting for "Welcome Back: Week 6."

My guess is that it won't be any of those dates, because those are based on what little that we, as outsiders, get to see. We simply don't have enough information to make an educated guess, especially given the massive layoffs that disrupted every team in the company, even Bob from Accounting and Selina from HR (who usually don't have much to say about release dates). If losing 143 people and closing their offices for 2 full days only adds a week to their previous schedules, then they did some amazingly deft acrobatics to avoid further difficulties.

Ignore their release schedule and look at their development cycle. There's roughly 300 days between episodes that were created by the same teams, which would make this one April 30, 308 days after episode 3. Team 3 has always been the slowest however and tends to take around an extra month, so worst case, May 28. Considering their stream schedule, and how they announce episodes the week before, May 7 would be the earliest release date.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Anet's intended schedule is to release an episode every 2-3 months. Recently some of them have been closer to 4 months, but I doubt they'd deliberately leave it 4 months.

Season 4 changed it to 3-4 months, they just didn't want to say it. If you noticed the above, 3 teams @ 10 months is a minimum of 3.34 months between episodes. The good news is, season 5 should go back down with them now back on GW2, though they could be rushing an expansion instead.

• 3 weeks later...

seeing as its been a while since any update or i could be mistaken, and having been on hiatus for a year now, ive finally completed everything from start to finish and was wondering about any new updates on season 4 episode 6?

anyone have any insight about the release or what happening or if anything where i can find live or recent trends about it?

> @"dark.4826" said:

> anyone have any insight about the release or what happening or if anything where i can find live or recent trends about it?

There was an update earlier this month: [https://guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/ "https://guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/")

> We’re in the process of wrapping up Episode 6 now, and we’re excited to not only announce a release date, but also to play the finale alongside all of you. It won’t fall within the two-to-three-month window that we tried to target throughout Season 4 because of the adjustments we had to make in February, but stay tuned—more info is coming soon.

We have seen [glimpses of content](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73352/skyscale-mount-merged "glimpses of content") that's coming with episode 6, as well as a (very) short trailer, but no release date is confirmed yet.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> It's about time they trough us a bone about lw4e6, if you ask me, about hight time. This waiting and silence is not good.

Silence? We got two teasers - showing off the full model of Kralkatorrik and the new mount. It's far from being silent. And we already know the name! Anet has never done this before they release the trailer. So transparency level is amazing.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > It's about time they trough us a bone about lw4e6, if you ask me, about hight time. This waiting and silence is not good.

>

> Silence? We got two teasers - showing off the full model of Kralkatorrik and the new mount. It's far from being silent.

Check the date of my comment :)

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > It's about time they trough us a bone about lw4e6, if you ask me, about hight time. This waiting and silence is not good.

> >

> > Silence? We got two teasers - showing off the full model of Kralkatorrik and the new mount. It's far from being silent.

>

> Check the date of my comment :)

Oh :D I thought this was a newest discussion. :D

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Why on monday OP? April 29th and May 6th are mondays, patches are usually released on tuesday so I'd say April 30th or May 7th.

Not on Monday, rather "the week of April 29th, or at most the week of May 6th".

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Hopefully a return to form. Ep5 was the weakest yet for me and whilst I look dubiously at the stunted model of Kralk in the trailer, I hope this is the episode to get things back on track for me.

I really liked Episode 1, Daybreak, and Episode 4, A Star to Guide Us. Jahai Bluffs is my favourite map this season by far.

Meanwhile, I really didn't like Episode 3, Long Live the Lich. The Domain Kourna looks to me ugly (what's with the sickly-looking green effect?) and unfinished (the meta event really feels like it was supposed to use all of Gandara, not just a tiny part of it).

It's a bit worrying, considering how the team behind Episode 6 was going to be the same one behind Episode 3 (just like Episodes 1 and 4 were done by mostly the same team).

Well, at least they've had a bit longer to polish this episode. Hopefully that pays off.

Got to agree with you on Jahai Bluffs - there were so many parts of that map I liked. I haven't been able to get stuck into Thunderhead Peaks by comparison. I can't find any objective reason why it's bad, it just hasn't been able to catch my attention.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Why on monday OP? April 29th and May 6th are mondays, patches are usually released on tuesday so I'd say April 30th or May 7th.

> Not on Monday, rather "the week of April 29th, or at most the week of May 6th".

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Hopefully a return to form. Ep5 was the weakest yet for me and whilst I look dubiously at the stunted model of Kralk in the trailer, I hope this is the episode to get things back on track for me.

>

> I really liked Episode 1, Daybreak, and Episode 4, A Star to Guide Us. Jahai Bluffs is my favourite map this season by far.

>

> Meanwhile, I really didn't like Episode 3, Long Live the Lich. The Domain Kourna looks to me ugly (what's with the sickly-looking green effect?) and unfinished (the meta event really feels like it was supposed to use all of Gandara, not just a tiny part of it).

>

> It's a bit worrying, considering how the team behind Episode 6 was going to be the same one behind Episode 3 (just like Episodes 1 and 4 were done by mostly the same team).

>

>

2 followed by 4 are my favourite. 3 showed to me they didn’t care about their lore and story anymore. 5 was just lacking in all areasfrom map through story , just redemeed by a decent ending. It was such a waste though - the sheer amount of potential in the map and story not utilised was concerning

1 is a weird one. I enjoyed it thoroughly first time but not with alts. I think my issue is largely the maps are overtaken by metas where you can see what is going on and enjoy the experience. It’s just a mess of visual noise that Anet seemingly has no interest in cleaning up.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> Well, at least they've had a bit longer to polish this episode. Hopefully that pays off.

Although it may seem that way because they're beyond the release window, it's the opposite. It's only been 297 days since team 3 released their last episode, while 308 is the average for season 4, and team 3 has always been the slowest, taking up to an extra month. May 7 will be 315 days, but May 28 would be how long it took their last episode, or May 21 for their season 3 finale. Any date prior to May 21 will make it team 3's quickest release.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> Got to agree with you on Jahai Bluffs - there were so many parts of that map I liked. I haven't been able to get stuck into Thunderhead Peaks by comparison. I can't find any objective reason why it's bad, it just hasn't been able to catch my attention.

Jahai Bluffs feels like a really clever map to me. The time anomalities are the perfect excuse to bring back some of the HoT mechanics, as well as other unusual things (like the space fungi). The little storyline behind the Ancestor Tree is also quite amazing; a pity it's hidden behind an achievement many people may not see.

I agree with you - Thunderhead Peaks wasn't really bad, but it felt rather "meh".

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> 1 is a weird one. I enjoyed it thoroughly first time but not with alts. I think my issue is largely the maps are overtaken by metas where you can see what is going on and enjoy the experience. It’s just a mess of visual noise that Anet seemingly has no interest in cleaning up.

I agree. I like the Astralarium and surrounding areas, but I have never been fond of the meta event there. It feels like it's too much.