Please "lock" Level-80 Boosters for new players!

IMHO I think the problem is that the game gives veteran players an advantage. The mastery system to unlock gliding and mounts is really at the heart of the problem. It expects new players to grind for items that they pay for as part of the expansions. The level 80 boost was an attempt by ANet to level the playing field a bit but it really didn't. It just dumps inexperienced players into the story and areas they really don't understand. I'm sure its a shock to be a new player suddenly dumped into Verdant Brink. As an experienced player it took me a bit of an adjustment period.

Rather than boosting new players levels they should have unlocked the core skills elements that were marketed with the expansions; gliding and mounts (except griffon). As it is unlocking those forces new players to jump into the level 80 areas without any experience. Purchasing HoT should have unlocked full gliding for all players and PoF unlocked the mounts. The griffon should be earned because it wasn't marketed and should be considered an ascended item of sorts. By doing it that way it would have given new players a reason to play from the start and level normally while using their basic mounts. The griffon would have given everyone an achievement goal.

I think the mastery system is starting to break down. I mean how many more masteries can they really put out there? I would have made the basic mount skill available to all players while using masteries to enable enhanced skills and once all the skills were unlocked for the basic mounts the player would then start the unlocking process for the griffon rather than it being a gold sink.

As far as other masteries and purchased skills are concerned I find it annoying when we learn a skill and that skill is only usable on one map. The gliding weapon skills on BS Fen should have been a mastery and balanced to use PvE wide without being overpowered. On BS Fen they it could have been written that we had a power boost with the skills because of the bloodstone dust and ley-line energy. The Oakheart's Essence should have been made available PvE wide. It would have been interesting had they added the nodes for them around Tyria before that patch was made available. The speculation would have been thru the roof. The same with the Lava tubes had they opened up all around Tyria before the patch.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > What you suggest may be right, but also could be perceived really bad by somebody who purchased the game.

> >

> > A friend ask another friend to come to gw2 to play together.

> > The friend is not sure cause he doesn't like to lvl up in another mmo, but hey there's a boost lvl cap!

> > So the friend tries but he's stuck to use the boost till 1000 ap ( which are nothing to me... combo fields, mechanics, attack glitches and so on can be learned through hours of playing, and could not be necessarily related to the number of achies ).

> >

> > Also what about a solo player?

> > If you buy the game you'll have a boost! But you can only use it after hours of playing!

> >

> > Though i pretty understand and share your thoughts, i am not sure about the solution you propose.

>

> You know what its not my perception tho? Ppl having no idea what their class does.

As someone that's been around MMOs since before there were cap boosters, playing to cap doesn't mean someone knows their class anyway.

Then there's the other argument to be made: Don't know it according to whom? You see, there's not knowing the meta that everyone expects you to play, and then there's not knowing their class. The latter is definitely bad, the former, subjectively bad. I saw a post this morning in the YouTuber thread that made me think about this very thing, where a poster stated that one of the youtubers has some really good PvP/WvW builds, but doesn't play the "accepted" PvE builds. My take: If you can build characters that perform well in PvP, you can build characters that will perform well in PvE, even if you disregard the meta someone else expects you to play.

I've been thinking about this, and I still maintain that the best way to handle this would be to keep the level 80 boosters, but make them level dependent like armor. So, a person would have to play to 20 or 30 to learn basic mechanics such as dodging, jumping, skill rotation, weapon swapping etc., and then be able to use the booster. Yeah, they would end up running around the map a bit, but so what? Learning to negotiate terrain and using it to your advantage is part and parcel for the game. Nobody can teach or learn everything in a few minutes. At least a few hours leveling to 20 or 30 would help with some of the basics.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> How do you tell a new player though? They could have been FTP for a year and decided to get a fresh start by buying the game and POF, which comes with a boost.

They'd have a lvl 80 character then? I don't think a F2P player would just go and buy a whole different account and lose his 1 year progress.

I understand the OP, and i think he's right. Personally i don't have any friends with this problem, since i always caution them not to use the boost until they're on their second or third character, and they've listened, with one exception. There was one guy that really wanted to unlock gliding. So he used the boost on a second char, played the HoT first chapter with me along, and got the glider, then went back to lvling his main.

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > What you suggest may be right, but also could be perceived really bad by somebody who purchased the game.

> > >

> > > A friend ask another friend to come to gw2 to play together.

> > > The friend is not sure cause he doesn't like to lvl up in another mmo, but hey there's a boost lvl cap!

> > > So the friend tries but he's stuck to use the boost till 1000 ap ( which are nothing to me... combo fields, mechanics, attack glitches and so on can be learned through hours of playing, and could not be necessarily related to the number of achies ).

> > >

> > > Also what about a solo player?

> > > If you buy the game you'll have a boost! But you can only use it after hours of playing!

> > >

> > > Though i pretty understand and share your thoughts, i am not sure about the solution you propose.

> >

> > You know what its not my perception tho? Ppl having no idea what their class does.

>

> As someone that's been around MMOs since before there were cap boosters, playing to cap doesn't mean someone knows their class anyway.

>

> Then there's the other argument to be made: Don't know it according to whom? You see, there's not knowing the meta that everyone expects you to play, and then there's not knowing their class. The latter is definitely bad, the former, subjectively bad. I saw a post this morning in the YouTuber thread that made me think about this very thing, where a poster stated that one of the youtubers has some really good PvP/WvW builds, but doesn't play the "accepted" PvE builds. My take: If you can build characters that perform well in PvP, you can build characters that will perform well in PvE, even if you disregard the meta someone else expects you to play.

>

The basics. How skills work their in their out how basic traits are and playstyles. Its like making a character in a game but choosong with the same knowledge as a lvl 1 character to choose to go up against end game content.

The have little idea of how dodging blocking conditions work, what cc is etc. Lvling up to 80 at least u get a rough idea. Going straight to hot and starting fractals out without will only end up annoying you and others.

I have seen many players that are not aware of:

- How combo fields work

- How to remain alive ( and then you see plenty of players using toughness equipment in PvE or even Celestial ).

- What to dodge and what not to dodge

- Use different skills in order to counter some mechanics

- Etc...

And they were all lvl 80 with 5/10k ap.

Eh, I think the booster is fine. If a new player just really wants to play the PoF expansion and bought the game specifically for that, why shouldn’t they get to enjoy that paid content immediately? The lvl 80 booster is a good thing for new and old players.

They’ll learn how to play eventually if they’re new lol.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > What you suggest may be right, but also could be perceived really bad by somebody who purchased the game.

> > > >

> > > > A friend ask another friend to come to gw2 to play together.

> > > > The friend is not sure cause he doesn't like to lvl up in another mmo, but hey there's a boost lvl cap!

> > > > So the friend tries but he's stuck to use the boost till 1000 ap ( which are nothing to me... combo fields, mechanics, attack glitches and so on can be learned through hours of playing, and could not be necessarily related to the number of achies ).

> > > >

> > > > Also what about a solo player?

> > > > If you buy the game you'll have a boost! But you can only use it after hours of playing!

> > > >

> > > > Though i pretty understand and share your thoughts, i am not sure about the solution you propose.

> > >

> > > You know what its not my perception tho? Ppl having no idea what their class does.

> >

> > As someone that's been around MMOs since before there were cap boosters, playing to cap doesn't mean someone knows their class anyway.

> >

> > Then there's the other argument to be made: Don't know it according to whom? You see, there's not knowing the meta that everyone expects you to play, and then there's not knowing their class. The latter is definitely bad, the former, subjectively bad. I saw a post this morning in the YouTuber thread that made me think about this very thing, where a poster stated that one of the youtubers has some really good PvP/WvW builds, but doesn't play the "accepted" PvE builds. My take: If you can build characters that perform well in PvP, you can build characters that will perform well in PvE, even if you disregard the meta someone else expects you to play.

> >

>

> The basics. How skills work their in their out how basic traits are and playstyles. Its like making a character in a game but choosong with the same knowledge as a lvl 1 character to choose to go up against end game content.

>

> The have little idea of how dodging blocking conditions work, what cc is etc. Lvling up to 80 at least u get a rough idea. Going straight to hot and starting fractals out without will only end up annoying you and others.

...and yet, it could also not equal annoying anyone. There are players that, even though they're new, took the time to look at what the class they want to play can do. youtube, for all it's faults, is a wonderful resource for someone looking to learn about games. I use it. I sometimes ignore stuff that comes off as "elitist", at least until I get a "hands on" feel for classes. When I looked last the meta for Ranger was LB and Axe. I use Long Bow and Short Bow, I don't know if that's a "Community Approved" build or not, but it's worked for me, for 80 levels. Would that mean that, assuming the LB/Axe meta, I'm doing it wrong, despite the character functioning well in lvl 80 content? This does absolutely nothing to cover the people that still don't know how to use their skill trees accurately, even though they played every level to cap. It's a lot more common than you seem to believe.

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > What you suggest may be right, but also could be perceived really bad by somebody who purchased the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > A friend ask another friend to come to gw2 to play together.

> > > > > The friend is not sure cause he doesn't like to lvl up in another mmo, but hey there's a boost lvl cap!

> > > > > So the friend tries but he's stuck to use the boost till 1000 ap ( which are nothing to me... combo fields, mechanics, attack glitches and so on can be learned through hours of playing, and could not be necessarily related to the number of achies ).

> > > > >

> > > > > Also what about a solo player?

> > > > > If you buy the game you'll have a boost! But you can only use it after hours of playing!

> > > > >

> > > > > Though i pretty understand and share your thoughts, i am not sure about the solution you propose.

> > > >

> > > > You know what its not my perception tho? Ppl having no idea what their class does.

> > >

> > > As someone that's been around MMOs since before there were cap boosters, playing to cap doesn't mean someone knows their class anyway.

> > >

> > > Then there's the other argument to be made: Don't know it according to whom? You see, there's not knowing the meta that everyone expects you to play, and then there's not knowing their class. The latter is definitely bad, the former, subjectively bad. I saw a post this morning in the YouTuber thread that made me think about this very thing, where a poster stated that one of the youtubers has some really good PvP/WvW builds, but doesn't play the "accepted" PvE builds. My take: If you can build characters that perform well in PvP, you can build characters that will perform well in PvE, even if you disregard the meta someone else expects you to play.

> > >

> >

> > The basics. How skills work their in their out how basic traits are and playstyles. Its like making a character in a game but choosong with the same knowledge as a lvl 1 character to choose to go up against end game content.

> >

> > The have little idea of how dodging blocking conditions work, what cc is etc. Lvling up to 80 at least u get a rough idea. Going straight to hot and starting fractals out without will only end up annoying you and others.

>

> ...and yet, it could also not equal annoying anyone. There are players that, even though they're new, took the time to look at what the class they want to play can do. youtube, for all it's faults, is a wonderful resource for someone looking to learn about games. I use it. I sometimes ignore stuff that comes off as "elitist", at least until I get a "hands on" feel for classes. When I looked last the meta for Ranger was LB and Axe. I use Long Bow and Short Bow, I don't know if that's a "Community Approved" build or not, but it's worked for me, for 80 levels. Would that mean that, assuming the LB/Axe meta, I'm doing it wrong, despite the character functioning well in lvl 80 content? This does absolutely nothing to cover the people that still don't know how to use their skill trees accurately, even though they played every level to cap. It's a lot more common than you seem to believe.

Theres more ppl complaining rather than ppl being fine. U see ot everyday in forum threads. J dont believe its an extreme thing to ask them to lvl at least 1 character to 80 before they can use the boost on a diff one.

I couldnt care less what setup u are using inopen world and lower tier content i care about ppl missing essentials by skipping the lvl proccess.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > What you suggest may be right, but also could be perceived really bad by somebody who purchased the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A friend ask another friend to come to gw2 to play together.

> > > > > > The friend is not sure cause he doesn't like to lvl up in another mmo, but hey there's a boost lvl cap!

> > > > > > So the friend tries but he's stuck to use the boost till 1000 ap ( which are nothing to me... combo fields, mechanics, attack glitches and so on can be learned through hours of playing, and could not be necessarily related to the number of achies ).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also what about a solo player?

> > > > > > If you buy the game you'll have a boost! But you can only use it after hours of playing!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Though i pretty understand and share your thoughts, i am not sure about the solution you propose.

> > > > >

> > > > > You know what its not my perception tho? Ppl having no idea what their class does.

> > > >

> > > > As someone that's been around MMOs since before there were cap boosters, playing to cap doesn't mean someone knows their class anyway.

> > > >

> > > > Then there's the other argument to be made: Don't know it according to whom? You see, there's not knowing the meta that everyone expects you to play, and then there's not knowing their class. The latter is definitely bad, the former, subjectively bad. I saw a post this morning in the YouTuber thread that made me think about this very thing, where a poster stated that one of the youtubers has some really good PvP/WvW builds, but doesn't play the "accepted" PvE builds. My take: If you can build characters that perform well in PvP, you can build characters that will perform well in PvE, even if you disregard the meta someone else expects you to play.

> > > >

> > >

> > > The basics. How skills work their in their out how basic traits are and playstyles. Its like making a character in a game but choosong with the same knowledge as a lvl 1 character to choose to go up against end game content.

> > >

> > > The have little idea of how dodging blocking conditions work, what cc is etc. Lvling up to 80 at least u get a rough idea. Going straight to hot and starting fractals out without will only end up annoying you and others.

> >

> > ...and yet, it could also not equal annoying anyone. There are players that, even though they're new, took the time to look at what the class they want to play can do. youtube, for all it's faults, is a wonderful resource for someone looking to learn about games. I use it. I sometimes ignore stuff that comes off as "elitist", at least until I get a "hands on" feel for classes. When I looked last the meta for Ranger was LB and Axe. I use Long Bow and Short Bow, I don't know if that's a "Community Approved" build or not, but it's worked for me, for 80 levels. Would that mean that, assuming the LB/Axe meta, I'm doing it wrong, despite the character functioning well in lvl 80 content? This does absolutely nothing to cover the people that still don't know how to use their skill trees accurately, even though they played every level to cap. It's a lot more common than you seem to believe.

>

> Theres more ppl complaining rather than ppl being fine. U see ot everyday in forum threads. J dont believe its an extreme thing to ask them to lvl at least 1 character to 80 before they can use the boost on a diff one.

>

> I couldnt care less what setup u are using inopen world and lower tier content i care about ppl missing essentials by skipping the lvl proccess.

You wanna hear a funny? I've been hearing all about how people suck at their classes for 20 years. This predates any kind of boosters to "give them an excuse". That people are complaining doesn't mean a thing to me, it's been going on for decades. I'll note the "open world and lower tier" comment, so that means you'd be complaining about my Ranger if it wound up in a group with you, because I'm not playing it the way you think I should, right, especially in higher tier content? I played every level to 80 on that toon, and you wouldn't be happy with my build choices, would you?

• 2 months later...

I love how people bitch and whine about the level 80 boost when it doesn't benefit them. You find a brand new player or one that hasn't played for awhile and then tell them you MUST level up one char ALONE to level 80 BEFORE you can start to play with other people. The funny thing about this is, people can look to see how many points you have and be like nope they're brand new I'm not helping them. Option 2 ask in chat for help and you'll instantly get "go play the game yourself and learn how to use your character" which DOESN'T help the new player or option 3 a veteran player comes and drags you along as fast as they can to level you up and you don't learn how to use your character anyways. I believe Anet has the correct answer to this. If people want to spend money to go to 80 instantly then let them because we all KNOW that if the group doesn't like someones play style they are just going to either leave the group themselves or vote kick that player. In the end Anet wins by making more money for selling the boost then forcing people to play a game that they might get to frustrated to play a single char up to 80.

"How do i get new skills?"

A guy on CRYSTAL OASIS asked that. Lv 80 Boosters need to be locked behind an achievement. Like someone mentioned, an achievement for when you get lv 80 for the first time. It's honestly ridiculous the amount of people i see in these places and even in Living Story areas asking basic things that you would learn in the first 5 levels.

I think I could agree with this at some degree, I am not sure if this was already discussed on the trend since I did not found it anywhere, but may I suggest then the ability to purchase (or have it already in your account with the purchase of the game) but with a time wall of a week before using any as much as you want? But if you just began playing, not be able to use or purchase it until a week has passed, and in order to make up for them, maybe a black lion key for free or 5 transmutation stones? Something that adds balance to it.

(Sorry for my english and thank you for reading)

I have to say that the OP makes all the right points for all the right reasons. Typically "boosts" exist for alt-characters, or if you need to play catchup. The obvious example that comes to mind for me is WoW, where the action all takes place at the 'endgame', so getting there fast is important.

But that isn't how GW2 works at all. The game doesn't "Begin" when you start running Silverwastes meta, farming Winterberries or doing Istan runs. The game IS everything from LV1 onwards. I can appreciate people not wanting to go through the personal story each time, but what I love about GW2 is that outside of Raiding, I don't think we really have an 'endgame', since you can play WvW / sPvP as you level, and dungeons unlock as you go. There is no reason to skip LV 1-80.

I've been playing for about 3months now, and I decided I wanted to play a Daredevil. Rather than using one of the 2 LV 80 boosts sitting in my share inv and getting near instant access to that Elite spec, I rolled a race I haven't tried before, and leveled up my Thief to about 77 or so before using the boost (mainly for the free exotic gear). It gave me a chance to see the game story from a different perspective, spend more time in some zones I barely skipped through on previous characters, and I was able to learn how to Thief (to the point where I almost decided to stay D/D instead of going Staff Daredevil!).

I'm normally the guy who hates questing and leveling, but in GW2, I'm still loving it, and it doesn't take too long.

I agree with the OP's points and position, but I don't know if ANET can put the genie back in the bottle now.

Here are some ideas I'm sure no one will care for but here goes.

To begin with I have HoT and PoF. I had the 2 boosts which I didn't use because I like to play the game the normal way which is not going to 80

at level 2. When I saw how people on mounts were ruining the game like for example people on griffons killing level 2 and 3 npc's I deleted the boosts.

I wasn't going to be one of them. When Anet gave all these players mounts they basically gave them the game.

I would like to see them make a new server with no boosts and the only way to get to 80 and get a mount is map completion, no shortcuts.That includes

each alt also. I'd pay $10 or $15 a month for this.

Also the way the game is now have the players dismount and get the kill themselves to get any credit for kills instead of running by you and tagging

what your killing.

And finally Anet this is for you. Sell a super boost for say 6000 or 8000 gems that lets your players get to 80 with everything completed so there will

be no need to go back to the low level maps. This cost is per person and per alt. Once you buy it and use it each alt you want to level will need to buy it.

Personally I think Anet ruined the game with the way they implemented the mounts. I'll probably be leaving soon and no you can't have my stuff and I'll

watch the door so it doesn't hit me in the butt on the way out :).

This is an old topic and I've already posted here when it was first made but I see it's back again.

Strongly opposed to a level or account age limitation on the level 80 booster. Anet is not responsible for players knowingly choosing to boost to 80 and then not knowing how to play their class - of course they won't know how to play their class, they're new and just skipped the entire leveling process! The good news is that you'll get a much better feel for a class at Lv80 than Lv10, and the boost itself contains a testing period in Silverwastes. This in itself is a good reason why the boost should NOT be limited for new accounts - it's important that new players get a chance to try out classes at Lv80 and experiment with traits and skills. I always advise friends to go to the SPvP lobby asap if they want to experiment with what a class has to offer because that was the most useful way for me to learn when I first started (this is doubly so now with Elite specs, otherwise I would advocate the Silverwastes trial for those who have it).

Certainly it's possible that someone using the boost will have a bad experience. And I would not at all be surprised if the majority of new players use it on a class and then later wish they'd chosen another. The good thing is that it's not that hard to level in GW2. Everything you do will give you exp (save for playing the market, I suppose). I would never suggest using the boost for your very first character unless you're doing it with a specific goal in mind (ie. I had a friend who wanted mounts. So she used her boost, I helped her through the first PoF instance, she got her Raptor and returned to the character she was leveling) but just because I or we wouldn't recommend it doesn't mean that the player should be incapable of doing so.

Easy way to avoid the issue is kick anyone whose AP is below 5k.

5k ap can easily be obtained by simply doing daily and some other easy achievements.

If someone doesn't even have that, it means they're new or they rarely play GW2.

It's by no mean an indication of whether how strong a player is, but a 5k requirement is an easy gap of whether the player is new or not.

It would save you alot of trouble in general.

So you want to lock up one of the features that sells each expansion, you're encouraging ANet to bait and switch at the very least or commit fraud at the other end of the extreme by falsely advertising a feature that they've taken away by your suggestion?

On a personal level I agree with you though.

To the accounts that have no char at lv80, rather give them speed and exp buff to encourage them to get used to the game first. After that gradually adding tome of knowledge as rewards when player archived certain milestones. OR give players who have no lv80 char a special login reward table that gives lv80 boost after 2 or 3 weeks. If the account already has at least 1 lv80 character, just give lv80 boost directly. In my experience, seeing other players running on mounts is the main urged me to buy the DLC and use the boost immediately. While other players ran fast and jumped far on their raptor, I traveled around maps to do quests like a snail. :p

Sorry, it's not going to matter. Players were clueless before the boost, including plenty of veterans. That really hasn't changed.

Plus some players come from other MMOs and would rather not do the busy work. As for players that expect to jump in later content and expect everything to work, well, that's on them too.

Please, please, please stop telling people how to they should play the game that they purchased with their money. Noone tells you how to play and if they did why should you even listen. New players play how you want to, I believe you can learn and get the enjoyment you want out of this game. And to the veterans help them out, if they dont want help that's fine, they're plenty of maps and groups you can join. There is no need to push anyone away. This game is big enough for everyone to enjoy, how they want to.

> @"Aomine.5012" said:

> Easy way to avoid the issue is kick anyone whose AP is below 5k.

>

> 5k ap can easily be obtained by simply doing daily and some other easy achievements.

> If someone doesn't even have that, it means they're new or they rarely play GW2.

> It's by no mean an indication of whether how strong a player is, but a 5k requirement is an easy gap of whether the player is new or not.

>

> It would save you alot of trouble in general.

after 6 years of playing i only got about 5.6K AP, but fight enemies better then most.

don't go on that road, it looks horrible.

> @"RandomWolf.3986" said:

> There's an issue that has been rising lately for the Guild Wars 2 community ever since these Boosters were added to the game. I personally don't mind them and I'm grateful that ArenaNet offered them to those who bought _Heart of Thorns_ and _Path of Fire_. Unfortunately, there is a major issue that this gift provides.

>

> Allow me to give you an example in order to make a point, but you can skip this paragraph if you wish. Me and a friend spent most of our free-time after school playing MMORPGs together. We did this for nearly six years and we always attempted to find a good new game to start out. Once University began we found ourselves on different courses and establishments and things ended up fading away just like that. During that time I placed a lot of focus onto _Guild Wars 2_ and had a blast. So naturally, I decided to convince my friend into trying it out. And he did; he even bought the game. The game suggested him to try out the Booster and he ended up finding his way to _Heart of Thorns_. Let's say that his experience with the game was pretty **awful**. And I haven't been able to get him to try the game ever since then. The same happened to another friend I had online.

>

> What I'm trying to say is that Boosters are **misplaced**. They should not be accessible to brand-new accounts. It would be best if they were to be locked until an account reaches a certain amount of _Achievement Points_ like 1,000 or manages to get one character to _Level 80_ all by itself. **Because players need to get used to the game's flow and mechanics.** They need to be familiar with what the game has to offer; with its community, content and most importantly: the mechanics.The seductive nature of the Booster makes it so that new players don't care about the base game, and they will skip right to end-game content, utilizing a faulty build. Not only will this impact their view on the game, it will also affect other players, including veterans... for Dungeons, Fractals and other major events.

>

> I've lost track of the number of players who were outright lost and frustrated with their experience in _Heart of Thorns_ and _Path Fire._ Their interest towards the game as a whole was immediately undermined. This might not be the cause for some players, but it's there. I like to help out new players, and many of said players end up quitting a while after starting. They can't even get into the story because it'll seem ridiculous right off the bat.

>

> If you have anything else that you'd like to add to this topic at hand please do not hesitate to post it down below.

Agree 100%

Don't make us teach them the game