How much account value do old players have?

Depends on how serious you are into the game.

I played since day 1 (my wife too) and we've never had more than 100-200g in my account...

Whereas some guild leaders have 100k-200k+ gold and can influence the trading market

Gold isn't everything, other currencies such as Laurels, Karma, map-tokens can get you some of the best stuff in the game

A better question might be the account value which counts the current value of items you’ve bought. For example, I have a high account value but I don’t keep a whole lot of gold on hand as I convert it into gems on a regular basis.

Edit: currently I have about 600 gold of which 500 is gold I keep aside for big, unexpected purchases such as the Griffin mount.

Gold wise anywhere between 1-50g and 10,000+ gold. It all depends on the player really and how well they can manage their wallet.

Account value on the other hand, older players will likely have a lot more skins, gems used, dyes, etc.

It's not that big of an issue though. I've seen players with sub 5k achievement points be decked out in full ascended gear in raids. It also depends a lot on what part of the game you play. If you've been playing fractals since day 1, you will very likely have a lot more ascended gear compared to a player who only played open world content.

> @Valenz.9802 said:

> Hello, I'm a new player. I'm just wondering that people who play since game debuted, How much gold will they have? xD

Anywhere from a few gold in coin to tens of thousands. After 3-4 months of solid play time, it depends much more on the habits of the person rather than the age of their account. Professional or gifted amateur investors can make tons through the TP. Similar, the frugal will end up with tons just by virtue of not spending, while accumulating the same loot as everyone else.

There's no "right amount" to have as a veteran, no "wrong amount." As in life, spend within your means, rather than spend as if in a dream.

I have a little less than 300g, but I've historically bounced between 100-400g. My account value was ~46k pre-PoF, but it's around 40k now.

I've found that having 50-100g on hand opens up a lot of possible "yes" answers when an opportunity shows up. I didn't like being below this range, which is why I call 100g my minimum. There are ways to make gold in this game that could see me in the 1000's if I was willing to buckle down and do it. I'd rather have fun and play within my means. There are many richer than me... just like IRL!

Twice a year I have about 1500 Gold in my bank. That is my "thank you" to Anet. ;) Aka, I buy 8k gems twice a year and then convert that into Gold when the price of 250 gold dives under 1100 gems(which can be a bit of wait sometimes). I then use that gold in the next months to pay for Mats that I need for Legendaries and such. I never buy Skins or Chests, only buy Utility sometimes and simply hate harvesting as a grind so this totally works for me. I hate grinding of any kind, so I will never be a "Goldmaker", instead I am a Gold Buyer. Everyone is happy!

I play quit a bit so I would say that I make about 1/3 of the gold/mats needed for a Legendary myself by simply playing. Could not really put a number to it though.

I never have gold, i have 11 legendary weapons, Legendary BP, Legendary Trinket, start saving and boom I make something, made Aurora one week before PoF, PoF drops and i just blew 250g on Griffon, i have no gold now lol, the most amount of money ever had was 1008gold...then i blew it and made Sunrise...

> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> How much gold?

> I'm sitting on 44. :heartbreak:

>

> Then again, I just finished the griffon quest, and I've been making legendaries in my off time.

>

> My Efficiency value went from 53k to 46k since the expansion launched. :bawling:

> But my rank went up 2 percentage points. :grin:

>

Yeah, I have a whole 7 gold after getting that griffon. :o

But gw2efficiency says in in the top 11~12% somewhere, so there's that.

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> Value decrease of accounts is directly tied to the massive drop in material values. It's affected everyone. No reason to panic. :)

Oh, no panic. I'm amused, really.

..except for the part where the legendary I was going to make for sale dropped 500g. :cry:

And all I have left is some WvW and those stupid clovers to do. (which reminds me, might be time for another angry forum post on RNG-clovers...)

> @Rauderi.8706 said:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > Value decrease of accounts is directly tied to the massive drop in material values. It's affected everyone. No reason to panic. :)

>

> Oh, no panic. I'm amused, really.

> ..except for the part where the legendary I was going to make for sale dropped 500g. :cry:

> And all I have left is some WvW and those stupid clovers to do. (which reminds me, might be time for another angry forum post on RNG-clovers...)

Always do your clovers first, that way the T6 materials from the "failures" will count towards your other gift crafting.

I've been playing since day 1 and I've currently got about 230g, which is about the most I ever have. I did once save up about 800g but that was to buy a precursor (this was before they could be crafted) and as soon as I had enough I spent it.

That's basically what I always do - I save up enough to buy the next thing I want, then I buy it and drop back to close to zero, then save up again. Right now I've got a lot because I'm pre-emptively saving in case there's another absurdly expensive Halloween mini pet this year, so I don't have to spend as much time farming. But if there isn't one I'll spend it on something else, most likely other mini pets, the griffon mount or a catmander tag since those are top of my 'shopping list' right now.

My account value is presumably much higher, but I have no idea what it is. A lot less than it was before the mini karka dropped in price - it used to be worth about 3,000g and I suspect that was more than everything else on my account combined.

I've been playing since release. Per the gw2efficiency site, here are some of my stats:

Overall account value: 57,120 g 18 s 71 c

Rank: 10,263 out of 134,836 accounts that have provided access to the site, putting me higher than 92% of registered accounts.

Gold: 1,631 (higher than 93% of registered accounts)

Total playtime: 5,931 hr 11 min (higher than 90% of registered accounts) with an average of 2hr 57 min per day (higher than 83% of registered accounts).

Based on the above, it seems I may be slightly more efficient than some other players in earning gold

I generally have a few hundred gold at any given time.

My account's value is 27,229 gold (74th percentile) and I've got ~200g onhand now, with another ~500g of stuff I could sell.

Currently at 2742 hours played (68th percentile) since May of 2013, or ~1.5h/day

I have been playing since beta just over 5 years ago. I have just over 300 gold in my bank. Sorry but I don't put a value on any other part of my account or give any website access to my account to have them try to do it either. I have given family, friends, and members of my guild 50 g or more at a time if they needed it. I buy what I want from the TP. I buy gems when I need them to get things from the gem store I want like bank tabs or unlimited tools.

I have 4368 gold. However according to gw2efficiency.com my account is worth 191,561 gold. That's 285 on the leaderboard, which only consists of people who have registered with that site. Yes, I play a lot.

How much gold you have depends a lot on what you've been doing. I just made a HOT legendary and so i have about 1500 gold less than I did.