Anet, please give us in-game HOUSING with expansion 3

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don´t want housing because usually I end up forgetting about it, staffing out rooms is just not enjoyable for me.

How about they give us an entire area to decorate ? I want to be the owner of a frickin castle, an enormous palace placed up high in the sky itself.

![](https://i2.wp.com/vaguevisages.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/vague-visages-studio-ghbili-laputa-castle-in-the-sky-three.png?resize=750%2C405&ssl=1 "")

I'm rather sure ArenaNet will eventually add housing to the game.

Even if only because it's something they can heavily monetize.

We would probably be given only a ugly, small house in-game, but the Gem Store would offer all kinds of mansions and castles. Not to mention all kinds of mobiliary, with wall decorations, chairs, tables, beds and etc, each sold separately for 600 gems a piece.

Add "premium" features like an armory for displaying armors and weapons (each for 2.000 gems, of course) and it would be a gold mine for ArenaNet.

\*yawn\* this topic again...

just look at the guild hall, so much demand prior to HoT, so anet put in loads of work delivering this community based content to promote player interactions

and now look at the state of guild hall, pretty much sitting abandoned, people just go in for daily gathering and guild buffs then leave

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> just look at the guild hall, so much demand prior to HoT, so anet put in loads of work delivering this community based content to promote player interactions

>

> and now look at the state of guild hall, pretty much sitting abandoned, people just go in for daily gathering and guild buffs then leave

>

becuz the guild hall sucks. theres literally nothing to do in there. and if ure not the leaders/given permission, u cant even design it + u donate thousands of materials to get it upgraded but it literally does nothing except reduce the cost of wp which is insignificant.

my idea is fresh and gives players autonomy over their space. players want stuff that is useful. if anet execute my ideas, i guarantee 100%, more ppl will buy expansion 3 more than 1+2 combined, anet better pay me royalties if my idea works.

How much of your playtime would be spent in your house?

The last thing Anet wants is for players to dissapear from the world while they play around inside their houses.

You are asking for a mini game within the real game , but the mini game is at an individual level.

Do you want your house to exist in the game when you arnt logged on?

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> How much of your playtime would be spent in your house?

> The last thing Anet wants is for players to dissapear from the world while they play around inside their houses.

> You are asking for a mini game within the real game , but the mini game is at an individual level.

> Do you want your house to exist in the game when you arnt logged on?

>

at the moment after i done my fracs, raids, ab, td meta, world bosses, i just log off.

if there is housing, after fracs, raids, ab, td meta, world bosses, then i would focus on housing instead of logging off. ...

i mean... if other ppl will skip contents of the game to be in the houses 24/7, thats their prerogative... but nothing would change my schedule if housing is added. i still love fractals, raids, and i would do WvW if they make it so there are ppl to play with at all timezones... not just the peak NA times.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > just look at the guild hall, so much demand prior to HoT, so anet put in loads of work delivering this community based content to promote player interactions> > > > and now look at the state of guild hall, pretty much sitting abandoned, people just go in for daily gathering and guild buffs then leave> > > > becuz the guild hall sucks. theres literally nothing to do in there. and if ure not the leaders/given permission, u cant even design it + u donate thousands of materials to get it upgraded but it literally does nothing except reduce the cost of wp which is insignificant.> > my idea is fresh and gives players autonomy over their space. players want stuff that is useful. if anet execute my ideas, i guarantee 100%, more ppl will buy expansion 3 more than 1+2 combined, anet better pay me royalties if my idea works.> get couple of your friends on board and create your own little guild, then hire a bunch of mercenaries to claim a guild hallthere, a sand pit for you and your friends to play around and build whatever you want to do with it

you guarantee 100%, more ppl will buy expansion 3 more than 1+2 combined just because of player housing?are you willing to bet 1 million USD on that statement?

a lot of MMOs already have player configurable housing, like Black Desert OnlineBDO players only go in for cooking or alchemy, other times just a warehouse with a massive pile of furniture to get to the top of the housing leaderboard to get bonus passive income nodes in town, extremely rare to find a decorated house

from the financial perspective, each player house is an instance, which is a virtual server, which costs upwards of USD$2367 to run on AWS, which is not cheap; with the current home instance, just 365 players afk in their own home instance for a single day is equivelant to a single year's cost of a single servernot to mention Anet will need to crawl back the development costHence why a guild hall makes more sense than player house, the amount of effort required drives many players to work on a single guild hall, thus multiple player shares a single map instance; the more players in a single map instance, the more cost efficient a map instance is for Anet to runthe only financially feasible solution will be charging players a daily fee to access their player house, minimum of USD$6.50 per day, that's USD$201.50 per monthno GW2 player will be willing to pay $201.50 per monthalternatively, to save up cost of running virtual servers, having non-instanced player housing within the capital city, and player need to fork out gems for pay for a piece of virtual real estate, with this, Anet will run into the same issue with Final Fantasy 14, only the rich people with real world money will buy themAnet will also need to deal with scalpers and fraudulent trades with real money on the secondary markets, taking away valuable time and resources to work on contents

player housing has always been a niche within the MMO community, only a tiny minority of player base take it seriouslyWorld of Warcraft did not generate billions of dollars of revenue from player housingyou are better off playing Second Life

Another personal instance? Please no..

They should either give new features to guildhalls and home instances. Or continue the story in suns refuge. Because its a shame they dont build on things they have produced before.

Much easier to implement..

- add mount stables to the home instances. (Although the one in the grove is extremly small), where you can interact with unlocked mounts. The mount will have the skin like you have it set up in your settings.

- add mount boosts or unique guild mount skins to the guildhall. In such a way that people can spend time in the hall.

- add a library for all those story books to the home instance just like they did in suns refuge. Hell you can even add it to the refuge itself. They got the recources. Just use them.. bind the books to verious achievements. Bind the achievements to the bookstand.

- more decoration per radius in the guildhall.

- more decoration options. With stuff that can be gathered by all people easily and while you are on it. Use materials that are completely worthless. So it becomes something worth again.

- add a trader in the guildhall that accepts leaf fossils. Eyes of kormir and those kind of materials into something that is usefull.

Better these kind of changes that build on things that are already ingame.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> When PoF got leaked devs on reddit responded to some questions, mostly to tell people to not spoil it for those who aren't looking for PoF. They also mentioned that player housing was one of the big features to be a part of PoF, but there wasn't enough time so it was delayed for a future release.

So like the playable tengu intended for HoT?

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > When PoF got leaked devs on reddit responded to some questions, mostly to tell people to not spoil it for those who aren't looking for PoF. They also mentioned that player housing was one of the big features to be a part of PoF, but there wasn't enough time so it was delayed for a future release.

>

> So like the playable tengu intended for HoT?

That was speculation involving datamined textures for the area next to Lion's Arch. Tengu aren't mentioned anywhere unless you can find where the devs said this.

Personally, I love the idea of a home base for your characters but it'd have to be done a certain way. What you're describing to me does sound like the Sims and I do like the Sims, but I don't come on GW2 to do what you're suggesting. More animations for the mounts/pets? Yes please. Coming home to your Raptor playing chase with one of your other mounts? Too cute. To me, it should be an area you go to to collect buffs, set up a collection/achievement/trophy area, and maybe even just relax/immerse while simultaneously boosting your characters in interesting ways(after grinding bosses, doing pvp, and etc. etc., yeah, I actually like the idea of taking a breather in my well decorated base). For example, you can get crafting stations for your base (either extremely expensive to craft or can be sold via gem store) that actually helps you level up your crafting faster/use less materials. Maybe for consumables you craft, you have a chance to craft double/triple the item? To me, that alone would be worth having a base and would be worth the money and it would feel good being able to help guildies/friends that way who don't have as much time/money or maybe they should restrict it to just the home owner and who they 'allow' to use it. Maybe if your character 'reads' from specific bookcases, they get an experience buff. Maybe craft a recycler type of gizmo that lets you recycle trash (let's face it, it doesn't sell for anything and just clutters but I do like the idea of taking the trash and using it for something as Cronospere mentioned.) Maybe set up a permanent dinner table with food set on it (again, expensive to craft, or maybe earned via achievement points or gems) that gives increased stats because you're in a safe and warm environment. This won't make the other food things useless because you can eat those whenever while you have to go to a base for better stats.

I also actually REALLY like the idea of setting up events or 'parties' at your base. But obviously people have to get something out of it to make them want to go, right? Maybe a new skin/mini merchant and the like should be placed in the game but you require some sort of home base currency to exchange with them and the best way to get this currency? Get togethers, or going to a get together and getting 'goodie bags' that offer all manner of treats, maybe even exotics and an oh so teeny weeny chance at a legendary lol. But I think just doing things in your home base should get you some currency too. This would allow decorators to get some attention for their well done homes and let the achievement/collection junkies show off and people visiting get something out of it. Of course, there'd have to be a limit on the events/parties. But I could see this being really fun for guilds, allies, friends and more. Hell, this might even be a good 'gig' for the gw2 musicians out there haha where they can play for tips xD.

There are SO many ways they can approach this to be both pleasing in terms of function and aesthetics. I'll admit, the Guild Hall thing could've satisfied me but it feels very...half ass'd, if I can be blunt, and that's the reason so few bother with it, in my opinion. There's nothing really about it that seems worth putting time into and they want us to put so much money/time into BASIC furniture that looks 'kind of' pretty which wasn't smart on their part. Basic furniture that has no function other than looks should be cheap, but furniture that provides useful and additional functions? That I understand.

Maplestory 2 and Gw2 are different, but I do like how MS2 handled the social aspect of the game and I think GW2 could take some bits from that game, just my opinion (the rest of MS2 is a mess though lol)

In the end, I don't see this happening, but I do think Guild Halls should be reworked so they're worth putting time into. :tired_face:

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > When PoF got leaked devs on reddit responded to some questions, mostly to tell people to not spoil it for those who aren't looking for PoF. They also mentioned that player housing was one of the big features to be a part of PoF, but there wasn't enough time so it was delayed for a future release.

> >

> > So like the playable tengu intended for HoT?

>

> That was speculation involving datamined textures for the area next to Lion's Arch. Tengu aren't mentioned anywhere unless you can find where the devs said this.

I believe it was stated in a wooden potatoes video as he had talked to them about it, and the reason they never did was because they didn't want nothing but tengu rev's.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > When PoF got leaked devs on reddit responded to some questions, mostly to tell people to not spoil it for those who aren't looking for PoF. They also mentioned that player housing was one of the big features to be a part of PoF, but there wasn't enough time so it was delayed for a future release.

> > >

> > > So like the playable tengu intended for HoT?

> >

> > That was speculation involving datamined textures for the area next to Lion's Arch. Tengu aren't mentioned anywhere unless you can find where the devs said this.

>

> I believe it was stated in a wooden potatoes video as he had talked to them about it, and the reason they never did was because they didn't want nothing but tengu rev's.

Heh, Wooden potatoes? That kind of reasoning is hilarious.

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > When PoF got leaked devs on reddit responded to some questions, mostly to tell people to not spoil it for those who aren't looking for PoF. They also mentioned that player housing was one of the big features to be a part of PoF, but there wasn't enough time so it was delayed for a future release.

> > > >

> > > > So like the playable tengu intended for HoT?

> > >

> > > That was speculation involving datamined textures for the area next to Lion's Arch. Tengu aren't mentioned anywhere unless you can find where the devs said this.

> >

> > I believe it was stated in a wooden potatoes video as he had talked to them about it, and the reason they never did was because they didn't want nothing but tengu rev's.

>

> Heh, Wooden potatoes? That kind of reasoning is hilarious.

Considering he used to be invited to various meets with the devs; As well it was stated in the art book from guild wars 2's launch that tengu were intended but scraped FOR A LATER DATE due to time crunches. In reality they have been planned twice; And scrapped in the sake of time and so I feel housing is falling into the same trap that this race did :/

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> No, i am not talking about basic/useless housing nobodycurrs like you see in other MMOs, and no, guild halls and home instances don't count because what i'm propossing is far **better than anything you have ever imagined.** The question is, does Anet have the spleen to implement it?

>

>

I knew I would get baited.......but read it anyways........Nice bait

we currently have the hall of monument.. in both gw1 and gw2(carry over from gw1). if they can expand this hall of monument for gw2 into personal instance with display for achievements such as raid boss kill, fractal, wvw, pvp achievements, include NPC and all of the above suggested rooms. Also with option to make this instance personal or open to public meaning anyone can enter to see the achievement display but not use the unlocked npc etc.

I made a quick preview of the hall of monument in gw1.. and what we have currently in gw2.

I recently played another mmo and I like how they have option to view any character by pressing F and inspect.

https://youtu.be/spQVedLhBJc

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> - add a library for all those story books to the home instance just like they did in suns refuge. Hell you can even add it to the refuge itself. They got the recources. Just use them.. bind the books to verious achievements. Bind the achievements to the bookstand.

sec that, long overdued... the books are taking up almost 3 bags

![](https://i.imgur.com/GPRqLxN.jpg "")

Eh. I'm not sure how popular player housing would honestly be. I see it asked for here but in-game you'll be hard pressed to get people to join you in your home instance even if you have a fully outfitted place.

I always assumed the home instance is your housing and that M.O.X. is the best house watcher you could ask for.

They can certainly expand on that, add a library and other things, but to ask for them to create an entirely new schematic for something that already exists and can be expanded on (home instance, guild halls) seems like a waste.

Well want something customisable? Get your private guild & hall. Not only can you make your housing there, fit it with chairs, tables, benches, kitchen and drinking room, you can sell goods, store goods, and build up stuff. For all other things you can use the home instance.

Trust me it works, for the small price of 1 guild slot. My only problems is I cannot move the stuff from my home instance to my guild hall, but I'll live.