SoulBeast Pew-Pew is out of hand

Straegen.2938

> @"Mokk.2397" said:

> What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .

> Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .

> I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.

> So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

More toughness in wvw. You, sir, have little or no grasp on how this powercreep works. Toughness is the most useless stat in wvw.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Mokk.2397" said:

> > What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .

> > Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .

> > I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.

> > So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

>

> More toughness in wvw. You, sir, have little or no grasp on how this powercreep works. Toughness is the most useless stat in wvw.

The current Meta includes Celestial Scourge with Celestrial armor , Power Curses Scourge with berzerker armor,Herald - Hammer Backline with berzerker armor all hiding under the skirts of Support Firebrand with Minstrals armor and Med Kit Scrapper with minstrals armor to keep them protected and healthy .As long as they are in the blob they will survive.Out of the blob they are as good as dead because they dumped every thing into damage and virtually nothing into defenses .Naturally they are going to take high damage from a Ranger , Soulbeast ,Theif or what have you ,running marauders or berzerker themselves .Doesn't take a genius to figured out whats going to happen.

I understand full well about the power creep and its not exclusive to just rangers .It's a problem across the entire game for every class.But people cant just blame one class if they get slaughtered out in the open because they don't want to protect them selves by at least put some armor on.That's their undoing not the person or class that kills them.

> @"Mokk.2397" said:

>

> The current Meta includes Celestial Scourge with Celestrial armor , Power Curses Scourge with berzerker armor,Herald - Hammer Backline with berzerker armor all hiding under the skirts of Support Firebrand with Minstrals armor and Med Kit Scrapper with minstrals armor to keep them protected and healthy .As long as they are in the blob they will survive.Out of the blob they are as good as dead because they dumped every thing into damage and virtually nothing into defenses .**Naturally they are going to take high damage from a Ranger , Soulbeast ,Theif or what have you ,running marauders or berzerker themselves **.Doesn't take a genius to figured out whats going to happen.

> I understand full well about the power creep and its not exclusive to just rangers .It's a problem across the entire game for every class.But people cant just blame one class if they get slaughtered out in the open because they don't want to protect them selves by at least put some armor on.That's their undoing not the person or class that kills them.

Well, I tried a Power Curses Scourge recently. And indeed it has a good behavior in a zerg and decent in roaming. I was killed by Rapid Fire several times during fights or small skirmishes. I have nothing against being defeated in a fight if the enemy is good or better than you. But to lose a fight because of ONE skill? To block - it is unblockable in some builds. To dodge? Well, if you fight a close combat with another enemy, maybe your dodges are not available. To run? This is a good variant. Except if you are stun locked. And even f you are not, a Scourge is not the best "blink-er" in the game.

And another thing: even in a berserker gear (full berserker) I wasn't able to one shot an enemy. Even when that enemy was full berserker also. None of the skills (one skill) of a Scourge is even close to the Rapid Fire (for example). I don't want to speak here about Revenants. So, how to call this a good balance when your weapons have an 1200 range with a waaay lower damage and the offender attacks you from 1500 range (sometimes even greater than 1500) with attacks having the potential to put you down in one shot?

What I want to say? That One Shot builds should not exist and should not work against any opponent - no matter if the opponent has a full glass gear. So, the obsessive question of the previous posters **"What gear they have"** is not relevant. No matter what gear you have you should be able to resist at least ONE attack.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> Well, I tried a Power Curses Scourge recently. And indeed it has a good behavior in a zerg and decent in roaming. I was killed by Rapid Fire several times during fights or small skirmishes. I have nothing against being defeated in a fight if the enemy is good or better than you. But to lose a fight because of ONE skill? To block - it is unblockable in some builds. To dodge? Well, if you fight a close combat with another enemy, maybe your dodges are not available. To run? This is a good variant. Except if you are stun locked. And even f you are not, a Scourge is not the best "blink-er" in the game.

>

> And another thing: even in a berserker gear (full berserker) I wasn't able to one shot an enemy. Even when that enemy was full berserker also. None of the skills (one skill) of a Scourge is even close to the Rapid Fire (for example). I don't want to speak here about Revenants. So, how to call this a good balance when your weapons have an 1200 range with a waaay lower damage and the offender attacks you from 1500 range (sometimes even greater than 1500) with attacks having the potential to put you down in one shot?

>

> What I want to say? That One Shot builds should not exist and should not work against any opponent - no matter if the opponent has a full glass gear. So, the obsessive question of the previous posters **"What gear they have"** is not relevant. No matter what gear you have you should be able to resist at least ONE attack.

scourge has 0 chances to win even against a core ranger, so anet must destroy an entire profession because it is a necromancer wvw hard counter?

"Fortunately" scourge has no skill like rapid fire, I think it's enough barrier, corruption, and one of the best spam aoe, profession always required in zergs.

Have you seriously tried one shot with scourge? it's a joke? lol

Scourge can not one shot but reaper can do it.

If I'm not wrong since the video was released, Reaper also had some buffs.

Full berserker, one shot builds exist since the release of the game, they are not new, maybe people should learn to play not just complain.

> @"Zephyra.4709" said:

> Power creep wars 2

I don't believe the power creep crap for a second. Players have bursting other players in WvW and PvP since the beginning. Sure, there are occasionally times where this is toned down, but if you look back at when the game launch, heartseeker spam thieves just bulldozed through everyone with just as much power if not more.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > All these necros complaining when for all of PoF literally 50% of the map is necros lmao, you can't complain not being good at one thing when you define the meta in the other thing, thats called balance.

>

> I know you're not addressing me directly but, I want to go ahead and share this:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/hqGW5u4.jpg "")

>

> I've been a Necro main for going on 6 years. I've also been aggressively defending Ranger because I think it deserves a place in WvW as a sniper and +1. As it currently is however, it could stand to suffer a few adjustments without removing it's viability.

>

> On a somewhat unrelated topic, D/P Daredevil was recently nerfed as was condi Mirage. If we continue to reduce the killing power of roamers and +1's, small scale will eventually regress in to another condition meta and everyone will be unkillable. As soon as Soulbeast is nerfed, it'll be Revenant that's the next target for complaints. After that, well... We'll see what happens I guess.

I think Soulbeast needs some nerfs but aside from that, but your last point is super spot on, I play another game thats going through this and Small-Scale open world PvP is dying because of it, as burst damage gets toned down the small scalers will build tankier and tankier to survive long enough to win an ountnumbered fight, and soon it will be a full tank meta and no one can kill anything.

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > I run an almost identical build as this dude in the video and 15k longbow autos are common

>

> So you're completely glass and per the video the best you're going to be doing is roamstomping randys of various skill levels unaware 1v1. In any scenario where you're the one caught out, you're the one whos going to be tasting the floor or running away hoping you can set up your combo somehow.

>

> Also it'd be a shame if someone reflected your arrows back at you... or your teammates. Or dodged/blocked the attack of opportunity Long Range Shot. Or wasted it on Rapid Fire without the former's range modifier as most soulbeasts do. There went your cheese damage.

>

> It's a one trick pony and the longbow variant is actually inferior to the axe/warhorn combo used in the vid. It's strong but it's not OP. It's a pubstomper. Any half-competent player knows this variant of soulbeast is glass and can be shattered and their combo negated in a number of ways.

Roflcopter, running that build you still have access to stealth on longbow, smokescale leap/warhorn. You also get passive signet of the stone, or simply replace signet of the wild for another signet of the stone. Oh and reflects? LEL like Soulbeast don't have access to tons of unblockable attacks. Obviously this build is glassy and you can make easy modifications to it to gain more OP defenses, unblockables or what ever the kitten you want. The point is that with the insane over the top amounts of damage modifiers available to soulbeast paired together with longbow it becomes the cheesiest shit in MMORPG history.

Besides, there is literally no need to "combo" anything as 111111 on longbow will do just fine in 9/10 cases. The issue isn't just the damage, its DAMAGE PLUS THE 1500+ KITTEN RANGE. I got no issue with soulbeasts running up to my thief mauling me for 30k in melee. I have issues getting hit for up to 17k 1500 + range auto attack. Fun fun buff my thief shortbow attack to deal atleast 10k dmg please.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > All that needs to be done is to have the damage modifier from "Sic 'Em!" reduced either to 5% or 10%. Ranger in general has enough damage modifiers as is. It really does not need +40% on a single skill.

> >

> > when I mentioned this earlier people were like "what are you talking about, bruh".

> >

> > but it's not just Sic'Em that is the problem. Multiple traits that allow the Soulbeast to reach without Sic'Em over 4k power, 260% ferocity and 70% accuracy. that is the real issue.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/r9o5o0M.png "")

> >

> > this here is my soulbeast with bloodlust sigil, not ruins, without might stacks and Sic'Em, enjoy.

> >

> > btw, we need a new mount.

>

> Can do the same with Warrior, Revenant, Necro, Ele and I think Guard as well. Heck, I can get 100% crit chance on Reaper with less than 50% base crit chance.

>

> Not disagreeing that Soulbeast has a lot of modifiers, as I'd said in the initial comment, but it isn't the issue. The screenshot tells me you're merged with your pet, probably using food, Signet of the Wild, Honed Axes and with 25 stacks of Bloodlust. That means either you're not using Stone Signet and potentially have two stunbreaks, or you are and only have one. It also means you're using Axe in the screenshot which means your Ferocity would be quite a bit less while in Longbow and your stats overall would be significantly less while not merged.

>

> I assure you I could reach some near equally ridiculous stats with various other professions. Ele can reach over 5k Power for example. So although yes it's true, Soulbeast has a heap of stat modifiers, I still think "Sic 'Em!" is the primary issue. I don't recall ever hitting anyone who wasn't an uplevel or naked for anything higher than a 6k Long Range Shot (average 4 - 5k, 3k or so on someone who's not full glass) without having "Sic 'Em!" active. And I've been playing a full glass Ranger for years.

>

> I think you _can_ get some crazy bursts without "Sic 'Em!" but it would require much greater risks and conditions being met to do so. In which case I'd say that'd be a lot more balanced.

i'd like to see you have 3.6k power (without might) as a warrior

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > I run an almost identical build as this dude in the video and 15k longbow autos are common

>

> So you're completely glass and per the video the best you're going to be doing is roamstomping randys of various skill levels unaware 1v1. In any scenario where you're the one caught out, you're the one whos going to be tasting the floor or running away hoping you can set up your combo somehow.

>

> Also it'd be a shame if someone reflected your arrows back at you... or your teammates. Or dodged/blocked the attack of opportunity Long Range Shot. Or wasted it on Rapid Fire without the former's range modifier as most soulbeasts do. There went your cheese damage.

>

> It's a one trick pony and the longbow variant is actually inferior to the axe/warhorn combo used in the vid. It's strong but it's not OP. It's a pubstomper. Any half-competent player knows this variant of soulbeast is glass and can be shattered and their combo negated in a number of ways.

yeah because soulbeast have no 4 sec unblockable trait on a 10 sec cooldown

so what burst exactly are you gonna reflect/block?

if an auto attack hit you for 15k allready, and the average wvw'er has 20-25k health can you imagine?

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Creaitov.6328" said:

> > > @"Mokk.2397" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > @"Mokk.2397" said:

> > > > > What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .

> > > > > Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .

> > > > > I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.

> > > > > So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

> > > >

> > > > Check out the videos, if you think hitting for 50k+ means "run more armor" you need a better grasp of how math works. That would one shot anyone.

> > > >

> > > > You can also see all of the mobility and invulns, that should not be available to a class that hits that hard.

> > > >

> > > > Sic em needs dropped to 10%

> > >

> > > You cant go by that video because its completely one sided .What are the opponents wearing?Who knows ? Just looking at it I can see they're probably not wearing hardly any armor at all.And they.er not trying to retaliate,attack or even run away which leaves me to believe all the opponents are inexperienced and unequipped.Probably PVE noobs .

> > > That's the problem with these videos being used as definitive evidence they're BIASED . I can tell you from experience that that kind of damage is impossible against experienced well equipped opponents.

> > > Other classes have far more invuls ,evades and mobility than a soulbeast does by far.So please stop covering over the facts with BS.

> > > All you have to support your argument is an edited single sided video that some kitten put together to get Youtube hits.

> > > You need to get a grasp on reality!

> >

> > I guess if you aren't able to react fast enough against someone who can burst you down in a couple seconds at ~1800 range, sometimes with the help from stealth, you're a PvE noob now huh? :^)

> >

> > Sure, the guy in the video is running a extremely cheese build, but that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

> >

> > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

> > >

> > > Player character skills that exceed 1500 range are broken. The game wasn't designed with that in mind. You can kite 1500 range with dodges etc, but 1800 range is RIP.

> >

> > THIS. Guns follow the rules and their projectiles don't go past the range in the tooltip, while bows for some reason are able to go a little bit past their supposed max range.

>

> You literally dodge it and they don't die. Whenever i play vs a necro or core ele etc they die to it but when it is a core war or thief they suddenly know how to dodge it twice and counterattack hmmmm.....

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong? That having skills in the game that force you to dodge twice or pop an invuln/teleport or else you die is not ok? *looks at new arc divider* lol

Also dodging doesn't solve the 1800~ range problem. Considering most teleports and gapclosers have a range of 1200 you're still short by a considerable amount if you decide to retaliate (but I guess you could use those to escape maybe? I dunno).

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > > I run an almost identical build as this dude in the video and 15k longbow autos are common

> >

> > So you're completely glass and per the video the best you're going to be doing is roamstomping randys of various skill levels unaware 1v1. In any scenario where you're the one caught out, you're the one whos going to be tasting the floor or running away hoping you can set up your combo somehow.

> >

> > Also it'd be a shame if someone reflected your arrows back at you... or your teammates. Or dodged/blocked the attack of opportunity Long Range Shot. Or wasted it on Rapid Fire without the former's range modifier as most soulbeasts do. There went your cheese damage.

> >

> > It's a one trick pony and the longbow variant is actually inferior to the axe/warhorn combo used in the vid. It's strong but it's not OP. It's a pubstomper. Any half-competent player knows this variant of soulbeast is glass and can be shattered and their combo negated in a number of ways.

>

> yeah because soulbeast have no 4 sec unblockable trait on a 10 sec cooldown

> so what burst exactly are you gonna reflect/block?

>

> if an auto attack hit you for 15k allready, and the average wvw'er has 20-25k health can you imagine?

Speaking of the unblockable trait, doesn't it also proc from dismounting from the warclaw?

> @"Skada.1362" said:

> Roflcopter, running that build you still have access to stealth on longbow, smokescale leap/warhorn. You also get passive signet of the stone, or simply replace signet of the wild for another signet of the stone. Oh and reflects? LEL like Soulbeast don't have access to tons of unblockable attacks. Obviously this build is glassy and you can make easy modifications to it to gain more OP defenses, unblockables or what ever the kitten you want. The point is that with the insane over the top amounts of damage modifiers available to soulbeast paired together with longbow it becomes the cheesiest kitten in MMORPG history.

>

> Besides, there is literally no need to "combo" anything as 111111 on longbow will do just fine in 9/10 cases. The issue isn't just the damage, its DAMAGE PLUS THE 1500+ KITTEN RANGE. I got no issue with soulbeasts running up to my thief mauling me for 30k in melee. I have issues getting hit for up to 17k 1500 + range auto attack. Fun fun buff my thief shortbow attack to deal atleast 10k dmg please.

Wait, let me understand one thing, you are a thief player. In wvw you can use DE that gets 1500 ranges as a ranger the same dps as a ranger and perma stelth. Can you choose DD with which you have incredible mobility, 3 dodges and spamming at least 15k vault and request nerf ranger when your profession can do the same and more efficiently? it's fun xD

For me, unblockable is the issue. Dmg might stay (but can be toned down just a little bit), range must stay. Mobility? It should stay. Healing? Ok, ranger should be one of the best roamers in the game and that requires proper sustain, so healing can stay. But unblockable is a real problem in my opinion. Other things are necessary for ranger to become a good roamer alone , as no zerg wants rangers when they can have 123314123412341324 scourges.

And when I say unblockable, I am talking about unstoppable union, not signet of the hunt. Signet must stay, as there are so many projectile hate in this game. But signet has 40 secs cd, and a skill slot.

> @"Creaitov.6328" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"Creaitov.6328" said:

> > > > @"Mokk.2397" said:

> > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > @"Mokk.2397" said:

> > > > > > What's out of hand is the Scourge ,Firebrand Meta .And your just Mad because people found a way to upset that precious meta .Its not the SB that's over powered it that you are under armored. Dump the Meta and put some cloths on . I want to see more Soul beasts in WvW so we can trash this ridiculous Scourge bomb Boon share Meta . You accuse Rangers of the least effort for the reward ? Look in the mirror .Scourge , Firebrand, Holosmith and Mirage take the least effort in game .

> > > > > > Rangers/Soul Beast have to dump every thing into power and precision with little defense and no chance of survival if they mess up the skill chain.And that's just to crack the defenses of the current Meta cheese builds .Ya that's right , the current Meta is total cheese at the highest level this game has ever encountered .

> > > > > > I'm proud of all the rangers, soul beast and druids out there because at least they have to use a great deal of effort and skill to play decently.

> > > > > > So kitten you and the horse you rode in on !

> > > > >

> > > > > Check out the videos, if you think hitting for 50k+ means "run more armor" you need a better grasp of how math works. That would one shot anyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can also see all of the mobility and invulns, that should not be available to a class that hits that hard.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sic em needs dropped to 10%

> > > >

> > > > You cant go by that video because its completely one sided .What are the opponents wearing?Who knows ? Just looking at it I can see they're probably not wearing hardly any armor at all.And they.er not trying to retaliate,attack or even run away which leaves me to believe all the opponents are inexperienced and unequipped.Probably PVE noobs .

> > > > That's the problem with these videos being used as definitive evidence they're BIASED . I can tell you from experience that that kind of damage is impossible against experienced well equipped opponents.

> > > > Other classes have far more invuls ,evades and mobility than a soulbeast does by far.So please stop covering over the facts with BS.

> > > > All you have to support your argument is an edited single sided video that some kitten put together to get Youtube hits.

> > > > You need to get a grasp on reality!

> > >

> > > I guess if you aren't able to react fast enough against someone who can burst you down in a couple seconds at ~1800 range, sometimes with the help from stealth, you're a PvE noob now huh? :^)

> > >

> > > Sure, the guy in the video is running a extremely cheese build, but that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

> > >

> > > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > The only problem with Soulbeast, is the arrow trajectory exceeding 1500 range into 1800 range.

> > > >

> > > > Player character skills that exceed 1500 range are broken. The game wasn't designed with that in mind. You can kite 1500 range with dodges etc, but 1800 range is RIP.

> > >

> > > THIS. Guns follow the rules and their projectiles don't go past the range in the tooltip, while bows for some reason are able to go a little bit past their supposed max range.

> >

> > You literally dodge it and they don't die. Whenever i play vs a necro or core ele etc they die to it but when it is a core war or thief they suddenly know how to dodge it twice and counterattack hmmmm.....

>

> Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong? That having skills in the game that force you to dodge twice or pop an invuln/teleport or else you die is not ok? *looks at new arc divider* lol

>

> Also dodging doesn't solve the 1800~ range problem. Considering most teleports and gapclosers have a range of 1200 you're still short by a considerable amount if you decide to retaliate (but I guess you could use those to escape maybe? I dunno).

>

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > > > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > > > I run an almost identical build as this dude in the video and 15k longbow autos are common

> > >

> > > So you're completely glass and per the video the best you're going to be doing is roamstomping randys of various skill levels unaware 1v1. In any scenario where you're the one caught out, you're the one whos going to be tasting the floor or running away hoping you can set up your combo somehow.

> > >

> > > Also it'd be a shame if someone reflected your arrows back at you... or your teammates. Or dodged/blocked the attack of opportunity Long Range Shot. Or wasted it on Rapid Fire without the former's range modifier as most soulbeasts do. There went your cheese damage.

> > >

> > > It's a one trick pony and the longbow variant is actually inferior to the axe/warhorn combo used in the vid. It's strong but it's not OP. It's a pubstomper. Any half-competent player knows this variant of soulbeast is glass and can be shattered and their combo negated in a number of ways.

> >

> > yeah because soulbeast have no 4 sec unblockable trait on a 10 sec cooldown

> > so what burst exactly are you gonna reflect/block?

> >

> > if an auto attack hit you for 15k allready, and the average wvw'er has 20-25k health can you imagine?

>

> Speaking of the unblockable trait, doesn't it also proc from dismounting from the warclaw?

i have honnestly no idea (i plat boobeast if i go ranger) what does happen on dismount (both wvw and pve) is the merge animation when you dismount

not sure if it triggers unstoppable union, i don't think so as technically you were allready in beastmode

> @"Revolution.5409" said:

> > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > Roflcopter, running that build you still have access to stealth on longbow, smokescale leap/warhorn. You also get passive signet of the stone, or simply replace signet of the wild for another signet of the stone. Oh and reflects? LEL like Soulbeast don't have access to tons of unblockable attacks. Obviously this build is glassy and you can make easy modifications to it to gain more OP defenses, unblockables or what ever the kitten you want. The point is that with the insane over the top amounts of damage modifiers available to soulbeast paired together with longbow it becomes the cheesiest kitten in MMORPG history.

> >

> > Besides, there is literally no need to "combo" anything as 111111 on longbow will do just fine in 9/10 cases. The issue isn't just the damage, its DAMAGE PLUS THE 1500+ KITTEN RANGE. I got no issue with soulbeasts running up to my thief mauling me for 30k in melee. I have issues getting hit for up to 17k 1500 + range auto attack. Fun fun buff my thief shortbow attack to deal atleast 10k dmg please.

>

>

>

> Wait, let me understand one thing, you are a thief player. In wvw you can use DE that gets 1500 ranges as a ranger the same dps as a ranger and perma stelth. Can you choose DD with which you have incredible mobility, 3 dodges and spamming at least 15k vault and request nerf ranger when your profession can do the same and more efficiently? it's fun xD

Put down the crack pipe mate. DE is garbage and gets 1500 range only while kneeling, their projectiles don't track the target as a rangers does, Soulbeasts gets 1500+ (depending on elevation) range while moving, they also hit harder (again while moving). Daredevils are neutered and are shadows (pun wow) of their former selves, which leaves us with good old core exdee as the only build to be somewhat well rounded vs common enemy builds. The issue is being a teef wearing marauder/zerk mix getting 1 shot KO'd by a longbow auto, bypassing the acrobatics trait Instant reflexes. On my Soulbeast alt i've 1 shot Mauled plenty of Defense Spellbreakers, bypassing their passive endure pain, all from stealth. Questions?

Longbow Soulbeasts are fine now.

From a solo roaming perspective, longbow soulbeasts are already indirectly nerfed due to mounts negating their opening range advantage. This is a massive nerf as they need to enter melee or start kiting earlier. Despite the indirect nerf, Soulbeasts are still very well equipped to handle any encounter. It is just more balanced for everyone now.

From a group roaming perspective, if your group is not hard focusing the Soulbeast, and you allow him to open fire freely on your group, then you probably deserve to lose.

From a Zerg perspective, I think it's fine to have Soulbeasts as sniper classes to break down the blob/train meta. It'll make groups think twice about bringing only Scourge and Firebrands.

> @"Skada.1362" said:

> > @"Revolution.5409" said:

> > > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > > Roflcopter, running that build you still have access to stealth on longbow, smokescale leap/warhorn. You also get passive signet of the stone, or simply replace signet of the wild for another signet of the stone. Oh and reflects? LEL like Soulbeast don't have access to tons of unblockable attacks. Obviously this build is glassy and you can make easy modifications to it to gain more OP defenses, unblockables or what ever the kitten you want. The point is that with the insane over the top amounts of damage modifiers available to soulbeast paired together with longbow it becomes the cheesiest kitten in MMORPG history.

> > >

> > > Besides, there is literally no need to "combo" anything as 111111 on longbow will do just fine in 9/10 cases. The issue isn't just the damage, its DAMAGE PLUS THE 1500+ KITTEN RANGE. I got no issue with soulbeasts running up to my thief mauling me for 30k in melee. I have issues getting hit for up to 17k 1500 + range auto attack. Fun fun buff my thief shortbow attack to deal atleast 10k dmg please.

> >

> >

> >

> > Wait, let me understand one thing, you are a thief player. In wvw you can use DE that gets 1500 ranges as a ranger the same dps as a ranger and perma stelth. Can you choose DD with which you have incredible mobility, 3 dodges and spamming at least 15k vault and request nerf ranger when your profession can do the same and more efficiently? it's fun xD

>

> Put down the crack pipe mate. DE is garbage and gets 1500 range only while kneeling, their projectiles don't track the target as a rangers does, Soulbeasts gets 1500+ (depending on elevation) range while moving, they also hit harder (again while moving). Daredevils are neutered and are shadows (pun wow) of their former selves, which leaves us with good old core exdee as the only build to be somewhat well rounded vs common enemy builds. The issue is being a teef wearing marauder/zerk mix getting 1 shot KO'd by a longbow auto, bypassing the acrobatics trait Instant reflexes. On my Soulbeast alt i've 1 shot Mauled plenty of Defense Spellbreakers, bypassing their passive endure pain, all from stealth. Questions?

No question. Define weak one of the 3 best roaming professions of wvw, this says it all.

Do any of you research anything before you make a comment or read previous posts ?Look at The attributes I posted and you can see what I have to sacrifice to even come close to the outrageous complaints .Look at the vitality and health .Only a complete idiot would roam in WvW with stats like that .By the time I trait for sustainability the ranger /SB hits like a wet noodle on its own. You talk about unblock-able with Unstoppable Union and act like the SB is the only class that has that attack skill.Look at your own classes [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable")

You make it out like Rangers have massive retaliation when in fact rangers have ONE.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation.

You guys write your comments in a way that makes people think that Ranger and SoulBeast can run two offhands at the same time plus longbow.SB have no reflects running LB - Axe ,Warhorn

And I would agree to a reduction to the range of LB back to the pre June 23, 2015 build update if Vortex https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vortex[htthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vortexp://](htthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vortexp:// "htthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vortexp://") is reduced to a single pull and line of sight only. in fact all pulls reduced to a single player ,line of sight with a maximum range of 450 [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Verdict](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Verdict "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Verdict")

How about a serious reduction the massive boon share .A reduction in the size and duration of mobile AOEs .Ya I'm looking at the scourge .

I could go all day pointing all the "OP" skills and traits other classes have .

Sure LB is 1500+ range but that can be closed very fast by stealth ,leaps , teleports and super speed .And with the cost of low vitality and health for the sake of very high damage That ranger /SB is dead very fast.

Scourge ,Mirage ,Holosmith can melt a berzerker /marauder Ranger/SB before for that person has a chance to press a key.

So please spare us all the complaining about how devastating LB range attacks are .All classes have excessive skills that make LB range minor by comparison.

So many years of Ranger not being wanted in WvW because it doesn't bring anything to the group.Now theirs finally an open Niche for ranger you people still complain and won't include them .If it frustrates you people so much then get your own rangers/SB in your group.BUT PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING!

Enjoy once again, while nothing ever happens to turn the game into a healthy competitive scenery (risk+reward+effort+learning curve, fun... ) you get it

**what we have instead are**

---more Power-Creep, More toxic +1 shottings, more bad designs. more broken specks/builds, more easy of everything----

--as the song says, easy..............................................

You got it!!

SoulBeast Pew-Pew including others..... it is what it is...

(**it is not out of hand as long toxicity is not a problem**)

Healthy= Effort>Solution>Positive Balance>Fun

Toxicity= No Problem>Just No Problem>Increase toxicity even more with each balance patch

Enjoy-Cheers :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFW63GLm1Q&t=55s

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > All that needs to be done is to have the damage modifier from "Sic 'Em!" reduced either to 5% or 10%. Ranger in general has enough damage modifiers as is. It really does not need +40% on a single skill.

> >

> > when I mentioned this earlier people were like "what are you talking about, bruh".

> >

> > but it's not just Sic'Em that is the problem. Multiple traits that allow the Soulbeast to reach without Sic'Em over 4k power, 260% ferocity and 70% accuracy. that is the real issue.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/r9o5o0M.png "")

> >

> > this here is my soulbeast with bloodlust sigil, not ruins, without might stacks and Sic'Em, enjoy.

> >

> > btw, we need a new mount.

>

> what gear/specs are you running? you say you're not running runes but that doesn't make much sense... I could edit an image as well... but if this is legit then seeing the information that gives this would be helpful. I run very close to that with marauders etc but not without using runes.

[Nothing out of the ordinary](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQJATRCWsYJPweCBLhMQ+7t+2fXCAFg12ISD-j1RBABUq+jZKB9Z/hrU+BwDAAPdBLcBAIFggKjA-w "Nothing out of the ordinary"). Just enter Beast Mode and give yourself +25 stacks of Bloodlust.

As you can see even from the build editor, ferocity is the same without actually wielding an axe. Stats always slightly differ in the editor than in game, but in game you should get the same stats as me in the screenshot.

> @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > All that needs to be done is to have the damage modifier from "Sic 'Em!" reduced either to 5% or 10%. Ranger in general has enough damage modifiers as is. It really does not need +40% on a single skill.

> > >

> > > when I mentioned this earlier people were like "what are you talking about, bruh".

> > >

> > > but it's not just Sic'Em that is the problem. Multiple traits that allow the Soulbeast to reach without Sic'Em over 4k power, 260% ferocity and 70% accuracy. that is the real issue.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/r9o5o0M.png "")

> > >

> > > this here is my soulbeast with bloodlust sigil, not ruins, without might stacks and Sic'Em, enjoy.

> > >

> > > btw, we need a new mount.

> >

> > what gear/specs are you running? you say you're not running runes but that doesn't make much sense... I could edit an image as well... but if this is legit then seeing the information that gives this would be helpful. I run very close to that with marauders etc but not without using runes.

>

> [Nothing out of the ordinary](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQJATRCWsYJPweCBLhMQ+7t+2fXCAFg12ISD-j1RBABUq+jZKB9Z/hrU+BwDAAPdBLcBAIFggKjA-w "Nothing out of the ordinary"). Just enter Beast Mode and give yourself +25 stacks of Bloodlust.

>

> As you can see even from the build editor, ferocity is the same without actually wielding an axe. Stats always slightly differ in the editor than in game, but in game you should get the same stats as me in the screenshot.

You're being less than honest. You probably have your borderlands ruins and some power infusions thrown in among other things.