for those who played since lunch or vanilla days does Especs changes your view on certien profession

so after 7 years of gaming and 2 elite specs does your favioritsem for certen spec has change ? for example for me i always loved ranger , always was my main but i never liked both elite spec no matter how good they are ofcurse i can still play core but how much core can person get

Elite specs have really helps me love a lot more classes than I did before and helped me enjoy new classes. Spellbreaker made me take warriors seriously because of the theme for the first time, daredevil and now deadeye gave me a reason to really give thief a try, both elite specs for necromancer and elementalist made me like both classes even more, and they also helped solidify my love for the current classes, both elite specs for guardian and mesmer made me enjoy those classes even more, druid made me love ranger even more, and just in general they've improved my view of the classes. With a choice of two elite specs and core, i really enjoy what elite specs have brought to the table.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> I look at e-specs as if they were their own separate classes so no, not really.

I'm pretty much the same. I unlocked a few that were of interest, and only now am going through and unlocking them all.

I didn't vote since none of your choices really fit.

I don't think any of the poll options fit me.

For my main (ele) I enjoy tempest more than core because of the overloads, but while I was really excited about weaver and being able to use a sword, I just haven't been able to make it work so I was left a bit disappointed. (not saying sword weaver is bad, it's probably due to my lack of skill/reactions and not being able to play it right).

But other classes such as theif, the options of being able to use a staff or sniper rifle did make me start playing a class which I wouldn't have otherwise.

Depends on specific class and espec. Sometimes, espec fits within my previous vision of the class and enhances it flawlessly (berserker, both thief especs, soulbeast). Sometimes it introduces a different playstyle that i like, but i consider somewhat separate (mirage, reaper). Sometimes i like it, but it seems like a completely new class to me (druid). And sometimes it's something i hate with all my soul, and it takes away something from the class i liked (Scourge).

So, basically, there's no uniform answer for that.

I've been playing since beta, I couldn't get into Guardian for 5 years. But I switched to Firebrand main when PoF was released! Tomes and Mantras are the best things that happened to Guardian, so many buttons to press! :)

I mean they are cool and all but I guess they don't to me really deserve the hype they get? A new class would be more exciting honestly; Something new with tons of new toys to play with. Rather then them nerfing what I already have to make room for the new shiny for my toons when that new shiny might suck hot eggs. (I main a rev, Kalla kind of sucks and I thought the idea sounded cool but I left disappointed.)

Just like soul beast I play a ranger for the pet, to be a pet class. I never wanted it gone and felt the none-sense "Well I wana play a petless ranger." Which to me is like a thief basically, a fast agile fighter who has tools to use for any situation. All of PoF and heck most of HoT I didn't really care about the specs much I played herald on my Rev because it was almost needed for a LONG time, now that I don't I find myself running core for the fun of it. The berserker rework got me liking it for the first time in forever; The rest I don't really care about because to me it doesn't change the class enough to feel like its not the same class?

It offers a few new tools, a new weapon which is almost always trash it seems like for the most part. And kind of just adds onto what we have and doesn't offer much outside of that. I mean soul-beast is different sure but at the end of the day it takes away my pet which Thematically I love, the Idea that it's me and my best friend against the world in a two man war team. Maybe one day they will add one I'll really like but as it stands now I don't really care but Im glad people like em; I hope the next batch are better and more polished.

In PvE, elites made me find a way to play classes I was not touching before (note: I exclude WvW & raid, because we take over defined builds, it is not own choice).

For me, with the elites, 2 factors made the difference for the professions I was not using before:

1. The new skills. Example: Engineer. I had no interest until the gyro skills were added. Now I have fun with my PvE engineer.

2. The additional weapons. Example: Revenant. I had no interest until shortbow became a possible weapon. Now I have fun with my PvE rev.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > yes elite make me love my favorite class even more

> Agree.

>

> > yes elite make me love ~~new~~ [certain] class[es]

> Agree.

>

> > yes elite make me hate ~~my favorite~~ [certain] class[es] even more

> Agree

>

> > no idont care about any elite

> Disagree.

>

>

I voted the first but once again Ill-conceived has nailed it.

I love ranger but I LOVE my soulbeast.

I didn't care for mesmer but I love my chrono.

I liked my elly but don't care for her as weaver. Love her as tempest though.

Having trouble grasping spell breaker. I'll get there perhaps?

Love my holo and scrapper.

Hmm, on the whole I still play mostly Core classes, for some reason I liked most of the core variants, and disliked most of the Elite's. (and didn't find a poll options that felt right for that)

I think it's the fact that the core classes are free to define how you want to play, while the elite's are so specialized into a specific style. Basically I feel forced into a play-style, and I don't like it.

My main class Guardian for example, I always felt that the DH spez was just strapping a longbow/trapper ranger to your back and call it a spec. Same with the FB spec which feels like someone dutch-taped an elementalist to my back. And I keep going "But if I wanted to play ranger or elementalist, I'd just swap toons to one of those..."

I do like some like the DareDevil for thief, it just gave me a very fun way to play thief, that didn't feel like it locked me into a specific path, and allowed me to expand most of the existing thief builds I enjoyed.

Elementalist Elite Specs are literally there at this point just so the class doesn't feel left out. FGS used to be strong, but having an ele in vanilla ezpz dungeons made a holy trinity so ele got shafted, noone else.

Elementalist Elite Specs are a massive joke. Whoever designed weaver & tempest Elite does not PvP or Roam or do anything skilled with the class.

My Ranger can heal as Druid so that was new and interesting.

A long time ago I got frustrated with my pet's behavior so tried switching to Warrior but it never stuck. But now with Soulbeast I can "hide" my pet.

And speaking of Warrior, Spellbreaker captured the playstyle I wanted but could never achieve before.

Tempest, Daredevil and Holosmith really made these professions shine for me even though I don't play them often.

I've played since well before lunch. I was even here back when the game launched!

Seriously though, game balance and the meta affects my perspective of the class I play. Elite players respond to that balance, but they're the effect of balance, not the cause. Also, even when some classes/builds are in the high end meta, that doesn't necessarily reflect my experience as a solo PvPer that plays much more casually. There's some builds out there that are very effective for solo queueing PvP, even though they are less effective in a much more refined, organized PvP tournament setting.