Tengu or Largos? Which new race do you want to see in a future release?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> Niether, though I would like it if Anet put out the largos outfit already. It's not worth it also having to adjust armor and such to fit the new models would be a waste of time that could be used on other things more important like new content, skins, hair and face changes, game fixes, etc.

Did they say they were going to release a largos outfit? I did a search but couldn’t find any mention of such.

While I agree that new races aren’t my highest priority and some aspects could entail a lot of work, if the race were largos, I would think that they could use the same base and therefore not require a lot of work fitting the armor, no?

Neither. No new races are needed. Waste of developers' and designers' time, better add new high-level maps and medium / hard level of difficulty modes and content (as 80% of the current OW's content is at "easy" level and is utterly boring after you've fully leveled and geared up your character), and more new legendaries and normal weapon and armor skins, new customization options for existing races. Or even better - a new DLC asap.

Neither, would much rather have improvements made to story and map content instead. Getting tired of these daily race request threads when it's clearly been confirmed by the devs that it's pretty much a waste of time and effort to focus on new races at this point. Maybe in GW3...

As much as some people want new races it will never happen. Just look at MMORPG article about FFXIV and their 2 new upcoming races and how square enix said this will be it , we will never do this again. It takes way too much resources to redo every piece of armor and every animation in the game for a new race. Gw2 likely has even more Animations and armor than FFXIV and doesn't have anywhere near the resources of Square Enix with all it's many successful games. If that company has flat out told the public that it will never do it again. I can't see Anet with its lean and mean team of dev's even being able to , and the rewards for doing so are for flavor sake...

To be fair all the statements made about a new race were prior to the lay-offs and renewed focus on GW. They had a bunch of other products they were working on sucking down resources; And not everyone if many at all (Considering its an MMO) Were focused on GW2. Now that those other projects are basically dead and NCsoft has told them to focus and double down on GW2 I could see a new race/profession being feasible considering that everyone is hands on with the current product.

Lets Take a look at the facts really fast; Not to make it sound rude but lets take a cold hard look at it.

1. Renewed focus = More devotion and desire to continue to project, as well bring in new substantial additions for long term profit.

2. More hands on deck, more chefs in the kitchen as it were equals at times the best dish. They were running with newer talent unused to and unaware of the lore and world we are invested in; Alot of people from GW and GW2 who remained at the company have been shifted back to the game.

3. Simply put anyone not invested in guild wars 2 won't be joining us with the current expansion model, mounts didn't bring any of my friends from their mmo's and nor did raids. Now a new race/class might do just that and elite specs are a hard sale too if you are not currently invested or at least interested in the game; They want to grow and cultivate a playerbase/fandom not let it rot.

4. We are still a year maybe(Most likely) Away from an expansion, as they said we will go right into season 5. Which means unless any big things happen within the living world (Unlikely) they would have two + years to work on an expansion. We've seen what they can do with HoT and PoF respectively within a smaller time span, a larger expansion with more development might be good. Plus the living world team hasn't suddenly gotten all those people; Nor has raid/fractals or the WvW those people had to go somewhere? Why not see if you can get a new race going? Give it a try see what happens on the side. Have a small team work on it, tengu are close to done and have been messed with alot as they were intended at one point.

>! You Don't need a Personal story; Just a ten level story that tells us how we have gotten involved and what happened to the generic commander. Use the commander from the trailers to recruit us and we go through earning their trust. We fight in some battle at the time, For example the one currently going on with Kralk. The commander dies and we are given their role as we are the ONLY one capable of leading; As the others lack the experience. Perhaps we are a Chieftains son/daughter and we have been trained to take command, perhaps we have shown we can in times of strife. Either way a Ten level story instance that gives you a fresh lvl 80 with exotics is not a big deal, make a requirement that we have to have a level 80 on the account (Piss easy as they hand you one when you buy the expansions.) And then just continue the storyline from there, make it so you can't go back and do previous entries sure. Or make it that its the team telling you the story of it; They tell you of the time they fought Mordremoth and what that entailed and you learn. Make those maps open to the player with one waypoint open in each but the story is something simply their Tengu can't do.

Honestly, I **loathe** the design of the Largos and hope they never become playable. Better yet, let them fade into oblivion with no new Largos NPC's. Like, I'm sorry, but this is supposed to be a race from the _deep ocean_. Humans in high heels with wings (oops I mean "fins") who wear goth bondage gear do NOT look like something from the deep sea, they look like a bad high school fanfiction.

Neither because both are Reskins of current races. And they would work terribly with the fashion wars. Tengu is Charr but with Bird head / limbs. Charr already are bad with the gear . Dont want more of that. Largos will conflict with back models and the race is still too similar to what we have.