Stat reset restrictions

It appears that if you chose core stats on an item, they remained, if you chose an expansion stat, it reset, no matter what the item is. Curious for the reason of this... example; I have two Relic of Lyssa backpacks with 2 different stats, the Celestial gear remained but the Viper gear reset. Shouldn't they all reset now that we have more options to choose from?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither one is transmuted and they're bought from a vender in Siren's Landing. This is really confusing because the Banners you get form PoF story, one reset and the other 2 didn't and they have PoF stats. I did transmute the Sagacious Banners but that's it... Guess I'll have to do more investigating or see if there's a bug.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Got a magi lava skull and berserker tempered spinal blade(probably others, I didn't log into my other characters yet) that did not reset.

>

> I would have preferred if they didn't change ...they have their current stats because that is what I want to use.

Each player should have been granted an resetter item, so we can decide ourselves, if we want to reset stats. It would be a better way.

It's definitely not that. There appears to be a completely random chaos in what was reset and what was not. On my main toon, a precursor weapon (asc. shortbow) was reset, as well as a LS backpack and some trinkets. But about half of the trinkets, which WERE stat-selectable (raid ones) remained in their settings (Vipers, so an expac set).

So, it's not all raid gear that's resetting, and it seems precursors as the thing that selects any stat is reset. Okay?

Except precursor armor with minstrel stats remained the same, despite being: precursor, raid-reward, all-stat selectable and had an expac stat set on it.

Seriously, what's the logic? Besides absolutely none.

> @"Holy Hallidor.3067" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Got a magi lava skull and berserker tempered spinal blade(probably others, I didn't log into my other characters yet) that did not reset.

> >

> > I would have preferred if they didn't change ...they have their current stats because that is what I want to use.

>

> Each player should have been granted an resetter item, so we can decide ourselves, if we want to reset stats. It would be a better way.

Amen to that brother.

> @"Bobzitto.8571" said:

> Guys, it takes literally two seconds to select the stats back again.

Unless your build uses mixed stats, which all of mine do, and you tend to forget what you actually use. I meant to load up the build editor for all of my toons and recreate the build with the stat names but forgot to do it. Luckily, 10 mins before the patch dropped, I remember the update is today and quickly took screenshots of all my toons’ stats.

There are exceptions but the patch notes list only three. They need to list all of them, because some of my stat-selectable gear has reset whist others haven't. My Sirens' Landing backpack (grenth) has reset from vipers, yet my black ice band has not reset from cavaliers, neither has my blood ruby backpack (zerk) or any of my forgotten seals (exotic). Just what is going on?!

I can confirm the OP's situation, because it also affected trinkets, which cannot be transmuted. For example, a stat-selectable amulet with zerker stats remained zerker, while an identical amulet with HoT-specific stats was reset.

It seems an odd choice and/or oversight. On the other hand, since I never expected to be able to reset any of these items, I'm happy to have the choice again, even if only for half.

I've only gone through my 14 flax farmers' armor so far and yes there were some inconsistencies in what has been reset. Example: Coral Chokers (Amulet) from SL - approximately 3 farmer characters had 1 equipped and 2/3 had to be re-stated, but 1 with Cele stats didn't need re-stating.

This is all pretty confusing.

Nothing in my bank was reset (which would have actually been nice to be able to reselect all those LW trinkets with stats I dont need anymore atm), while one character had nothing except Legendary Armor reset, while yet another character didn't have their Legendary armor reset, but one set of trinkets was completely reset (Viper set), while everything else was untouched as well.

I have the same type of trinkets, some of which were reset while others weren't, with other people having the opposite happen with their same type of trinkets.

Non of my core stat trinkets seem to have reset, although not all expansion stat trinkets have reset either.

Either reset everything or nothing, because this is a mess to figure out.

The only thing of mine that reset was a minstrel blood ruby back :p

EDIT: Also impt to note that the reset was announced as an inconvenience in service to a broader goal, not a feature. Some ppl seem to be upset that they didn't get a 'free' universal reset, which is odd . . .

> @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> So basically there was no reset for anyone using core stats.

>

> Either the announcement was misleading or they did this completely wrong.

Not only core stats it seems:

(I know most of these are legendary so I don't care, just pointing out the inconsistency)

Flameseeker Prophecies **reset** (Diviner's)

Ad Infinitum **didn't reset** (Diviner's)

Astralaria precursor **didn't reset** (Diviner's)

The Ascension **didn't reset** (Marauder's)

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> The only thing of mine that reset was a minstrel blood ruby back :p

>

> EDIT: Also impt to note that the reset was announced as an inconvenience in service to a broader goal, not a feature. Some ppl seem to be upset that they didn't get a 'free' universal reset, which is odd . . .

it's funny because my transmuted minstrel blood ruby back did reset.

also it's fine to be annoyed by bugs.

> @"TheInfinity.1752" said:

> > @"ChronoPinoyX.7923" said:

> > So basically there was no reset for anyone using core stats.

> >

> > Either the announcement was misleading or they did this completely wrong.

>

> Not only core stats it seems:

> (I know most of these are legendary so I don't care, just pointing out the inconsistency)

>

> Flameseeker Prophecies **reset** (Diviner's)

> Ad Infinitum **didn't reset** (Diviner's)

> Astralaria precursor **didn't reset** (Diviner's)

> The Ascension **didn't reset** (Marauder's)

>

I don't really count Legendary just cuz they have stats reset by default.

Looking more into Ascended/Exotic lines which only have attribute choice once.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> EDIT: Also impt to note that the reset was announced as an inconvenience in service to a broader goal, not a feature. Some ppl seem to be upset that they didn't get a 'free' universal reset, which is odd . . .

Well, I admit that it would be nice to get my precursor armor reset, because I can't statswap it without losing it as a precursor. It would be a nice small bonus to the annoyance of having to re-stat and re-build 16 toons. But with how random and inconsistent the changes are, I really don't want to get my weekly raids impended by either:

- players randomly not having gear with stats on, because they missed that one item among the rest that didn't reset

- players spending 10 minutes figuring out mixed stats they had

- gear resetting later via a hotfix or, if this is a bug, when another set of bug conditions is met, leading to more people running endgame without the right stuff on