let legendary weaps/ armor choose ANY attribute sets (even ones that dont exist yet)

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> Are you talking about selecting any stat "individually" instead of the preset combinations? And why would they allow access to a stat combo that doesn't even exist and try to balance it?

>

Becouse the OP wants it I guess.

> Are you talking about selecting any stat "individually" instead of the preset combinations? And why would they allow access to a stat combo that doesn't even exist and try to balance it?

>

yeah. can you think of anything that would be more broke then what we got now? biggest thing that comes to mind is +condi +heal -toughness -vitality, but you can sort of already do that with mixing settler and shaman stats.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> that would make legendary items mandatory, compared to ascended gear.

mandatory for what? pve already has its highest dps builds. wvw has plenty of variety already, except if demolishers was available to legendary then it would have to be available for everyone else. can you think of anything else?

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> any 3 or 4 stat choices, plus celestial. I think being able to choose any number of stat choices (so like half celestials numbers) would be a bit too much tho.

They still would need to come up with names for those in order to select them, or remake the entire stat select system

Legendary equipment in this game was specifically designed to be a cosmetic (and later convenience) choice, not a direct upgrade. That's why it has the exact same stats as ascended - so no one needs to get legendary equipment just to have the top tier. This idea would change that as it would make certain combinations available only to people with legendary equipment.

Not to mention the balance issues. I'm not sure if it's still the case but a long time ago I said I wanted gear with condition damage + power + toughness (expertise didn't exist back then) and was told by several people there's no way they'd add it because it would be too unbalanced for certain builds. (Not entirely unsurprising since I wanted it because I'd just worked out those were the 3 most useful stats for my character.)

I'm sure there's still situations like that where someone could put together a combination that - with the right build of course - outperforms everything else to the point where those players who care about having the best builds consider it mandatory and anything else not worth considering.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > any 3 or 4 stat choices, plus celestial. I think being able to choose any number of stat choices (so like half celestials numbers) would be a bit too much tho.

>

> They still would need to come up with names for those in order to select them, or remake the entire stat select system

That was my issue with it but he's talking about the ability to choose your on "individual" stats, not pre made combo's.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Are you talking about selecting any stat "individually" instead of the preset combinations? And why would they allow access to a stat combo that doesn't even exist and try to balance it?

> >

>

> yeah. can you think of anything that would be more broke then what we got now? biggest thing that comes to mind is +condi +heal -toughness -vitality, but you can sort of already do that with mixing settler and shaman stats.

>

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > that would make legendary items mandatory, compared to ascended gear.

>

> mandatory for what? pve already has its highest dps builds. wvw has plenty of variety already, except if demolishers was available to legendary then it would have to be available for everyone else. can you think of anything else?

Thats not what you said in the OP tho, you said legendary should have all combination of stats regardless if its in the game nor not.... so it dont have to be on any exotic or ascended pieces.

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > any 3 or 4 stat choices, plus celestial. I think being able to choose any number of stat choices (so like half celestials numbers) would be a bit too much tho.

> >

> > They still would need to come up with names for those in order to select them, or remake the entire stat select system

>

> That was my issue with it but he's talking about the ability to choose your on "individual" stats, not pre made combo's.

I know. seems unlikely to happen either way, because of balance. And not balance inthe way of everyone being as effective as the next.

It’s either dangerous or redundant.

You either make a combo that becomes the most optimal forcing people to get legendaries or be shit out of luck. (And as someone who for example doesn’t like ANY of the pistol or staff legendaries I would be disappointed if a build happened to require this.)

Or it ends up being pointless because those gear types will eventually exist and you can swap over at those, at that time accordingly.