Is It Possible To Complete The Story Without Using A Skyscale?

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> >

> >

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> >

> > > That seems a little weird to me, I could see not having any interest in getting the mount. But why such a refusal to even touch the story related ones?

> >

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> >

> > > No, you cannot skip in order to _not_ use the Skyscale. Why is it bothering you to use a mount?

> >

> >

> > I suppose I should preface my answer with:

> >

> > I am glad that mounts exist for those who have desired them in GW2 for so long. I am particularly happy that they seem to be real revenue generators for the game. I can honestly say that I recognize just how well implemented they are compared to what I have seen in most other games. But...

> >

> > I don't care for them. Never have. Don't like the impact they have had on my game time. But as long as story content is not locked behind their use, and they have no impact on competitive play, I have just shrugged off the minor annoyance they represent.

> >

> > Oh, well. Thank you to those pointing out that it was a very quick step. I was not, "refusing," to touch the story related one, but would have enjoyed the story if I had been able to skip this step.

>

> getting around without mounts must be dreadfully slow and boring then.. since you apparently refuse to use ALL mounts..

You might want to read what you quote a bit more carefully.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > >

> > > > That seems a little weird to me, I could see not having any interest in getting the mount. But why such a refusal to even touch the story related ones?

> > >

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > >

> > > > No, you cannot skip in order to _not_ use the Skyscale. Why is it bothering you to use a mount?

> > >

> > >

> > > I suppose I should preface my answer with:

> > >

> > > I am glad that mounts exist for those who have desired them in GW2 for so long. I am particularly happy that they seem to be real revenue generators for the game. I can honestly say that I recognize just how well implemented they are compared to what I have seen in most other games. But...

> > >

> > > I don't care for them. Never have. Don't like the impact they have had on my game time. But as long as story content is not locked behind their use, and they have no impact on competitive play, I have just shrugged off the minor annoyance they represent.

> > >

> > > Oh, well. Thank you to those pointing out that it was a very quick step. I was not, "refusing," to touch the story related one, but would have enjoyed the story if I had been able to skip this step.

> >

> > getting around without mounts must be dreadfully slow and boring then.. since you apparently refuse to use ALL mounts..

>

> You might want to read what you quote a bit more carefully.

and? he specifically stated he doesn't like using mounts? so i took it under the assumption that he DOESN'T use the mounts he hates so much. what is wrong with that?

> @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > >

> > > > > That seems a little weird to me, I could see not having any interest in getting the mount. But why such a refusal to even touch the story related ones?

> > > >

> > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > >

> > > > > No, you cannot skip in order to _not_ use the Skyscale. Why is it bothering you to use a mount?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I suppose I should preface my answer with:

> > > >

> > > > I am glad that mounts exist for those who have desired them in GW2 for so long. I am particularly happy that they seem to be real revenue generators for the game. I can honestly say that I recognize just how well implemented they are compared to what I have seen in most other games. But...

> > > >

> > > > I don't care for them. Never have. Don't like the impact they have had on my game time. But as long as story content is not locked behind their use, and they have no impact on competitive play, I have just shrugged off the minor annoyance they represent.

> > > >

> > > > Oh, well. Thank you to those pointing out that it was a very quick step. I was not, "refusing," to touch the story related one, but would have enjoyed the story if I had been able to skip this step.

> > >

> > > getting around without mounts must be dreadfully slow and boring then.. since you apparently refuse to use ALL mounts..

> >

> > You might want to read what you quote a bit more carefully.

>

> and? he specifically stated he doesn't like using mounts? so i took it under the assumption that he DOESN'T use the mounts he hates so much. what is wrong with that?

He is me. I specifically stated that I do not refuse, as you claim, to use mounts.

Again, reading.

Sorry if the fact that I do not like the same things as you is somehow sufficiently offensive for you to engage in falsehood.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Adrianna.3092" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > That seems a little weird to me, I could see not having any interest in getting the mount. But why such a refusal to even touch the story related ones?

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > No, you cannot skip in order to _not_ use the Skyscale. Why is it bothering you to use a mount?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I suppose I should preface my answer with:

> > > > >

> > > > > I am glad that mounts exist for those who have desired them in GW2 for so long. I am particularly happy that they seem to be real revenue generators for the game. I can honestly say that I recognize just how well implemented they are compared to what I have seen in most other games. But...

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't care for them. Never have. Don't like the impact they have had on my game time. But as long as story content is not locked behind their use, and they have no impact on competitive play, I have just shrugged off the minor annoyance they represent.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh, well. Thank you to those pointing out that it was a very quick step. I was not, "refusing," to touch the story related one, but would have enjoyed the story if I had been able to skip this step.

> > > >

> > > > getting around without mounts must be dreadfully slow and boring then.. since you apparently refuse to use ALL mounts..

> > >

> > > You might want to read what you quote a bit more carefully.

> >

> > and? he specifically stated he doesn't like using mounts? so i took it under the assumption that he DOESN'T use the mounts he hates so much. what is wrong with that?

>

> He is me. I specifically stated that I do not refuse, as you claim, to use mounts.

>

> Again, reading.

>

> Sorry if the fact that I do not like the same things as you is somehow sufficiently offensive for you to engage in falsehood.

i also got the same vibe from your comment

You need it for 3 storyline steps and then you can ignore it exists. If you have a griffon and springer and were good at controlling both, you could probably do the content faster than those using the skyscale. It's flight mechanic can be slightly on the irritating side if you are in a hurry to get somewhere. Nobody is going to be using it for general open world travel.

No skyscale is needed for any part of the story. (You can only start the skyscale collection achievements after you completed the war eternal story)

The skyscale is a prestige mount, which will not be obtained by the majority of the players, considering the large casual playerbase of this game

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> That story step is basically the equivalent of the springer/skimmer/jackal hearts - you get to try out using the mount so you can see how it works and if you want to unlock it, then once you've completed the whole thing (heart for the originals, story for the skyscale) you get the option to unlock it permanently.

Springer is required for one PoF story step after the heart, unless you know a way to get over the gate without it.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> Title question.

>

> I have no interest in pursuing or using the new mount. Is story completion locked for me?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, based on previous practices, ANET won't release content that requires a player to use the 'optional' mounts, those being the griffon, beetle and skyscale. (well, unless you want a legendary trinket that is....), in order to finish story quests. The original core mounts were requirements, but they were meant to be part of the story progression as well.

That said, I have no doubt that having those optional mounts will make future content MUCH easier to complete. In Dragonfall there are a couple of Beetle doors to crash through, which act as shortcuts. Sure you can springer/griffon over, but it is a small convenience. Having the Griffon is a big QoL, but on maps like Thunderhead Keep, I don't know how players got around without it! AT least in Dragonfall you could rent a Skyscale.

That is why I went for the Skyscale, not because I was afraid I would be locked out of future content, but I was convinced having it would make future content easier / less frustrating.

EDIT: fun example, started PoF story with the wife the other day. 1st quest of the expac, where you have to save the raptors in the burning village? Yeah, using a Griff/Skyscale to zoom over the flames to get to the downed citizens = way faster lol