I Play LB Soulbeast in WvW cuz so many are crying around about it.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I love how people try to use other classes strength as an excuse for soulbeasts insane damage. classic straw man action.

I think they're just suggesting that ranger burst potential isn't the only burst potential that needs addressing, or even the worst. I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

~ Kovu

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > I love how people try to use other classes strength as an excuse for soulbeasts insane damage. classic straw man action.

>

> I think they're just suggesting that ranger burst potential isn't the only burst potential that needs addressing, or even the worst. I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

>

> ~ Kovu

No one said that mentioned builds arent strong or overpowered, they just arent as effective/popular/easy to play as soulbeast and this thread isnt about those classes it's about soulbeast.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > I love how people try to use other classes strength as an excuse for soulbeasts insane damage. classic straw man action.

> >

> > I think they're just suggesting that ranger burst potential isn't the only burst potential that needs addressing, or even the worst. I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> No one said that mentioned builds arent strong or overpowered, they just arent as effective/popular/easy to play as soulbeast and this thread isnt about those classes it's about soulbeast.

Did you see my first post? _Every_ thread is about Soulbeast these days and I'm while I'm sure some people enjoy the salt, others are probably getting annoyed by it. Also, just because the thread is about Soulbeast that doesn't mean players can't draw comparisons with other professions.

~ Kovu

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > I love how people try to use other classes strength as an excuse for soulbeasts insane damage. classic straw man action.

> >

> > I think they're just suggesting that ranger burst potential isn't the only burst potential that needs addressing, or even the worst. I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> No one said that mentioned builds arent strong or overpowered, they just arent as effective/popular/easy to play as soulbeast and this thread isnt about those classes it's about soulbeast.

Shall I assume those builds will need to be addressed after soulbeast? The huge problem with Anet is that in order to sell more copies, they bend to the will of the raging forum and in doing so, OP specs across the spectrum tend to fall off the radar for months to no end

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > > > Will be funny when they nerf your one hit wonder into the ground. Then you will have to melee with the rest of us, i'll be looking forward to it.

> > >

> > > Sorry to bring you the news but warclaw is invulnerable to melee damage.

> > >

> > > Also don't tell me rev/holo aren't as strong as SB lol.

> >

> > They aren't as strong because you can avoid them before they even get in range.

>

> I made a thread called "The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them" and everyone totally assured me that totally isn't true and that they talked objective balance.

>

> Try to 1v1 all 3 and see how they are alll similar in powerlevel, also kitten berserker to this list.

I hate to break it too you but SB isnt in the same class as rev and holo. It dont even need to be near you to kill you, and the dismount is more than a chance i get dismounted by SB everytime. Its a problem because it can kill you from a distance without ever getting near you. And its burst is far too much for as much distance as it can use it at. It kills without ever having to worry about the person its attacking making it to them, unless its a med scrapper.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

>

> If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

> @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > > > > Will be funny when they nerf your one hit wonder into the ground. Then you will have to melee with the rest of us, i'll be looking forward to it.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry to bring you the news but warclaw is invulnerable to melee damage.

> > > >

> > > > Also don't tell me rev/holo aren't as strong as SB lol.

> > >

> > > They aren't as strong because you can avoid them before they even get in range.

> >

> > I made a thread called "The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them" and everyone totally assured me that totally isn't true and that they talked objective balance.

> >

> > Try to 1v1 all 3 and see how they are alll similar in powerlevel, also kitten berserker to this list.

>

> I hate to break it too you but SB isnt in the same class as rev and holo. It dont even need to be near you to kill you, and the dismount is more than a chance i get dismounted by SB everytime. Its a problem because it can kill you from a distance without ever getting near you. And its burst is far too much for as much distance as it can use it at. It kills without ever having to worry about the person its attacking making it to them, unless its a med scrapper.

Try to 1v1 a good Holo as SB, really, the holo should win every time.

How does a ranger kill you from so far? I really don't get it. They often try that on me but i just have to pop an evade or an invul and i am completely fine. These other builds have way more survivability in return.

But really holo will just stunlock the ranger and wreck them every time. Other builds have AoE and can also do that, why do randoms capping a camp always die to my full glass cheese zerker while good players don't? Why can't i oneshot good players with ranger ever while the rando's drop like dead leaves? Why is the difference between a random reaper and 1 at duel area a free kill or an interesting fight they can actually win? Why can guardians perform really well there in 1v1 too? This really is just a problem of l2p.

But really, explain how glass ranger beats holo, ill listen.

>

> LOL. come now, that's ALL they're doing, hoping everyone will get tired of arguing the point and look away.

>

>

"Just dodge lol!"

In all seriousness though, dodge. Once they miss that burst they are easy to take down ... or they run away like cowards. I play core ranger and often kill them. I do have an equivalent range as them but no where near the same burst potential.

Kill them! Kill them all! As I feel like they are gonna nerf something from the core ranger spec to bring SoulBeast down but in doing so will kill core ranger builds in the process.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> The best part is those asking to nerf soulbeast..play specs like holosmith, mirage/chrone, scourge, firebrand etc etc etc etc.....there is loads of self-delusion you're absolutely right

It's not called self-delusion. It's self-deception. Do you even play this game? ;)

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

> >

> > If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

>

> And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

Hey, that's true for every class though ... so the fact is that that baseline is ... scrub level play. The reality is that there isn't a correlation between top level play and class. There are likely the same proportion of good/bad players for every class. If we can see the range in quality of play, so can Anet.

I will leave this here;

![](https://i.imgur.com/4K7YyZZ.jpg "")

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/I-would-like-a-response-from-Arenanet

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Not-feeling-the-Dev-Love

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Warriors

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/If-you-could-swap-your-ranger-for-any-other-class-would-you

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Less-QQ-State-of-the-Ranger

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Notice-something-missing-from-patch-notes

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-has-been-neglected-disappointing-update

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Can-we-please-get-a-red-response-re-the-direction-of-the-ranger

In defence of Rangers. Rangers were the underdog-Professions--marked to being -The Nobody Profession-Anet had us in their target since the creation of Rangers. As to why? Still don't know. But as to what we Rangers did to deserve this treatment? We did nothing to discern Anet non-love. Even Pvp and WvW mistreated us..so much that they would post 'Rangers are not wanted' in group invitations.

The openly insults, belittling, constant humiliations by all professions alike were undeserving and hurtful. The mockery in ingame and in the forums for 'not contributing' were dreadful.

I Burnfall felt their pain because I was brutally mistreated too. In fact so much that i would come to their defences in game and in the forum with rage.

No one stood by our side; we stood alone watching our outcry of mistreated posts being closed and deleted. We did what we could to return Hate with Love-in the end, all was in vain

Until something happened. Anet accepted us with open-arms.

So is Rangers are in a good place now? much better than before. Do they still need work done to improve their professions including their spirits, pets, mechanics and their designs? Most definitely.

This whole direction to turn Rangers into a Toxic-Power Creep--+1 shotting Profession is not needed and I encourage Anet to resolve it because it is not who we are.

This is who we are;

'Rangers are unique in their ability to succeed with the help of, or even in spite of, their environment. Nature rituals allow them to manipulate the environment to hinder their enemies, or borrow the very power of creation to heal and aid their allies. They favor long-range combat, the bow being their weapon of choice, and can be especially effective from elevated locations such as bridges and cliffs. They are the only profession with the ability to charm animals, which then accompany them on their travels and assist them in battle, gaining experience and levels over time. Rangers are also blessed with survival skills that help keep them alive by causing regeneration of health'.

— The Guild Wars Manuscripts---

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger

(I strongly believe Anet intention is to make us Rangers to be unconditionally Loved. But there is a problem to it; unconditionally love can attract Toxicity. That is something we Rangers don't want to be or to become anymore)

> @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> In all seriousness though, dodge.

this meme. if you face a slb that knows what theyre doing, you are either up against 10k+ lb autos or winters bite/ worldy impact/ maul/ 5k+ axe autos so there aren't really enough cd's to cover all of that.

edit

swoop (gs 3), splitblade (axe 2) can do upwards of 20k. axe auto can do 8k vs light armor. basically every skill on a zerk slb is a burst lol, no other class is this overtuned.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > > > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

> > >

> > > If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

> >

> > And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

>

> Hey, that's true for every class though ... so the fact is that that baseline is ... scrub level play. The reality is that there isn't a correlation between top level play and class. There are likely the same proportion of good/bad players for every class. If we can see the range in quality of play, so can Anet.

Ranger may well be a special case. It's extra friendly to new players with it's pet doing the tanking by default. And, it's seen consistent dislike by the veteran community.. If people want to upgrade to group play they have to drop ranger. So, who's left as ranger mains? Solos and beginners.

> @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"Zuldari.3940" said:

> > > > > Will be funny when they nerf your one hit wonder into the ground. Then you will have to melee with the rest of us, i'll be looking forward to it.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry to bring you the news but warclaw is invulnerable to melee damage.

> > > >

> > > > Also don't tell me rev/holo aren't as strong as SB lol.

> > >

> > > They aren't as strong because you can avoid them before they even get in range.

> >

> > I made a thread called "The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them" and everyone totally assured me that totally isn't true and that they talked objective balance.

> >

> > Try to 1v1 all 3 and see how they are alll similar in powerlevel, also kitten berserker to this list.

>

> I hate to break it too you but SB isnt in the same class as rev and holo. It dont even need to be near you to kill you, and the dismount is more than a chance i get dismounted by SB everytime. Its a problem because it can kill you from a distance without ever getting near you. And its burst is far too much for as much distance as it can use it at. It kills without ever having to worry about the person its attacking making it to them, unless its a med scrapper.

It's called ranger for a reason...."specialized in ranged combat"

Favors Ranged • Pet Companion • Naturalist

Rangers tame a variety of pet companions to complement their fighting style. Rounding out their arsenal with traps, nature spirits, and survival skills, they have the tools to take on any type of foe.

— In-game description

Rangers are masters of their natural surroundings, and use a versatile set of skills to hunt their enemies. The rangers are also accompanied by their trusted pets, fighting in unison with their own set of pet skills to pick off their enemies one by one."

If you don't like the idea..you can always quit

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

>

> LOL. come now, that's ALL they're doing, hoping everyone will get tired of arguing the point and look away.

>

>

It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

> >

> > LOL. come now, that's ALL they're doing, hoping everyone will get tired of arguing the point and look away.

> >

> >

>

> It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

Cuz they range the land?

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

> > >

> > > LOL. come now, that's ALL they're doing, hoping everyone will get tired of arguing the point and look away.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

>

> Cuz they range the land?

Yeah...'cause they range the land

> > @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> > In all seriousness though, dodge.

>

> this meme. if you face a slb that knows what theyre doing, you are either up against 10k+ lb autos or winters bite/ worldy impact/ maul/ 5k+ axe autos so there aren't really enough cd's to cover all of that.

>

Over the weekend I faced quite a few bow Rangers. I actually won most of those fights because it's easy to tell someone is panicking when their initial volley doesn't win the fight (had to roll my eyes at the one guy who blinked and leapt away when his "I Win" button failed him). On the other hand I faced two very competent ones and those were great fights and I lasted a while but couldn't take them down. My hat's off to those who truly know the class.

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

> > > >

> > > > LOL. come now, that's ALL they're doing, hoping everyone will get tired of arguing the point and look away.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

> >

> > Cuz they range the land?

>

> Yeah...'cause they range the land

Hehehe sry just little joke but u wouldn't believe the amount of people that believe rangers were named such due to ranged combat lol

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> > > In all seriousness though, dodge.

> >

> > this meme. if you face a slb that knows what theyre doing, you are either up against 10k+ lb autos or winters bite/ worldy impact/ maul/ 5k+ axe autos so there aren't really enough cd's to cover all of that.

> >

>

> Over the weekend I faced quite a few bow Rangers. I actually won most of those fights because it's easy to tell someone is panicking when their initial volley doesn't win the fight (had to roll my eyes at the one guy who blinked and leapt away when his "I Win" button failed him). On the other hand I faced two very competent ones and those were great fights and I lasted a while but couldn't take them down. My hat's off to those who truly know the class.

Yeah u can tell a good ranger from a pew pew'er lol once u bridge the gap they melt or run but a good ranger can do very very well close ranged as well.

> It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

so initial argument fails and you say this. look, I never said ranger should be nerfed into uselessness, and I get it ranger was under powered for a long time. no class should have such insane burst tho. that is the only point i'm arguing and if you don't agree then your intentions are very suspect.