I Play LB Soulbeast in WvW cuz so many are crying around about it.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

>

> so initial argument fails and you say this. look, I never said ranger should be nerfed into uselessness, and I get it ranger was under powered for a long time. no class should have such insane burst tho. that is the only point i'm arguing and if you don't agree then your intentions are very suspect.

What about the insane burst at melee range other professions have? Do you really think that toughness or protection does anything in that case?

-Did you see the burst damage a power reaper is capable of if you get in range?...kite? that axe still hurts like hell at 900 range and they have pulls with GS and leap in RS

-Did you see the burst damage a warrior is still capable of?....I think you never met a competent strength discipline spellbreaker or the berseker in the video I posted

-What about revs OH sword burst?

There is so much dmg at all ranges atm that focusing entirely on ranged burst appears to me a little as...**extremely biased**

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > > I doubt they're all denying it's overtuned.

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL. come now, that's ALL they're doing, hoping everyone will get tired of arguing the point and look away.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

> > >

> > > Cuz they range the land?

> >

> > Yeah...'cause they range the land

>

> Hehehe sry just little joke but u wouldn't believe the amount of people that believe rangers were named such due to ranged combat lol

Reading this thread, I believe.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

> >

> > so initial argument fails and you say this. look, I never said ranger should be nerfed into uselessness, and I get it ranger was under powered for a long time. no class should have such insane burst tho. that is the only point i'm arguing and if you don't agree then your intentions are very suspect.

>

> What about the insane burst at melee range other professions have? Do you really think that toughness or protection does anything in that case?

>

> -Did you see the burst damage a power reaper is capable of if you get in range?...kite? that axe still hurts like hell at 900 range and they have pulls with GS and leap in RS

> -Did you see the burst damage a warrior is still capable of?....I think you never met a competent strength discipline spellbreaker or the berseker in the video I posted

> -What about revs OH sword burst?

>

> There is so much dmg at all ranges atm that focusing entirely on ranged burst appears to me a little as...**extremely biased**

Lol first off comparing soulbeast sic em builds op burst potential to other classes that have op bursts do not in any way change the fact that with the combination of ease and range the unblockable burst caused by UU,sic em and rapid fire ontop of other modifiers is severely overturned. U try and mention classes like reaper for their high burst but do u consider how they have FAR less mobility,no blocks or invulnerability such as the soulbeast has access to, nor do they have many forms of bursts at their disposal as such they are pretty easy to read due to such where as soulbeast can sic em from range or close. Theycan do many number of burst using mauls dps modifier with owp with worldly impact of which all can be combined with stealth. And before u say they have shroud lol shroud under today's dps bursts can be stripped in seconds. As to comparing to spellbreaker,holo's and revs news flash their bursts are op as well so and they all have their own op threads in these very forums.

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

> > >

> > > so initial argument fails and you say this. look, I never said ranger should be nerfed into uselessness, and I get it ranger was under powered for a long time. no class should have such insane burst tho. that is the only point i'm arguing and if you don't agree then your intentions are very suspect.

> >

> > What about the insane burst at melee range other professions have? Do you really think that toughness or protection does anything in that case?

> >

> > -Did you see the burst damage a power reaper is capable of if you get in range?...kite? that axe still hurts like hell at 900 range and they have pulls with GS and leap in RS

> > -Did you see the burst damage a warrior is still capable of?....I think you never met a competent strength discipline spellbreaker or the berseker in the video I posted

> > -What about revs OH sword burst?

> >

> > There is so much dmg at all ranges atm that focusing entirely on ranged burst appears to me a little as...**extremely biased**

>

> Lol first off comparing soulbeast sic em builds op burst potential to other classes that have op bursts do not in any way change the fact that with the combination of ease and range the unblockable burst caused by UU,sic em and rapid fire ontop of other modifiers is severely overturned. U try and mention classes like reaper for their high burst but do u consider how they have FAR less mobility,no blocks or invulnerability such as the soulbeast has access to, nor do they have many forms of bursts at their disposal as such they are pretty easy to read due to such where as soulbeast can sic em from range or close. Theycan do many number of burst using mauls dps modifier with owp with worldly impact of which all can be combined with stealth. And before u say they have shroud lol shroud under today's dps bursts can be stripped in seconds. As to comparing to spellbreaker,holo's and revs news flash their bursts are op as well so and they all have their own op threads in these very forums.

"nor do they have many forms of burst"

Sure bro..sure and let me guess...the ones getting killed are bad players while those killed by rangers are all TOP esl players am I right?

P.S not surprisingly ranger is the biggest counter to that build ..where even a top war fail , it's no wonders necros hate rangers...but those necros don't realize that they can keep this shit for as long as ranger exist in some form otherwise thei "low mobility" arguments wouldn't stick anywhere and huge nerfs would be in order

> What about the insane burst at melee range other professions have?

> There is so much dmg at all ranges atm that focusing entirely on ranged burst appears to me a little as...**extremely biased**

this isn't about other classes, stop trying to divert attention.

so make a thread about those, i'm not disagreeing with that and no one is stopping you.

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > It doesn't matter who get tired first...I doubt anet will delete rangers from the game to make you happy, they won't make so that rangers can't kill you from distance.....it's called ranger for a reason...if people don't want to die because of their fragile ego..they can quit always

> > > >

> > > > so initial argument fails and you say this. look, I never said ranger should be nerfed into uselessness, and I get it ranger was under powered for a long time. no class should have such insane burst tho. that is the only point i'm arguing and if you don't agree then your intentions are very suspect.

> > >

> > > What about the insane burst at melee range other professions have? Do you really think that toughness or protection does anything in that case?

> > >

> > > -Did you see the burst damage a power reaper is capable of if you get in range?...kite? that axe still hurts like hell at 900 range and they have pulls with GS and leap in RS

> > > -Did you see the burst damage a warrior is still capable of?....I think you never met a competent strength discipline spellbreaker or the berseker in the video I posted

> > > -What about revs OH sword burst?

> > >

> > > There is so much dmg at all ranges atm that focusing entirely on ranged burst appears to me a little as...**extremely biased**

> >

> > Lol first off comparing soulbeast sic em builds op burst potential to other classes that have op bursts do not in any way change the fact that with the combination of ease and range the unblockable burst caused by UU,sic em and rapid fire ontop of other modifiers is severely overturned. U try and mention classes like reaper for their high burst but do u consider how they have FAR less mobility,no blocks or invulnerability such as the soulbeast has access to, nor do they have many forms of bursts at their disposal as such they are pretty easy to read due to such where as soulbeast can sic em from range or close. Theycan do many number of burst using mauls dps modifier with owp with worldly impact of which all can be combined with stealth. And before u say they have shroud lol shroud under today's dps bursts can be stripped in seconds. As to comparing to spellbreaker,holo's and revs news flash their bursts are op as well so and they all have their own op threads in these very forums.

>

> "nor do they have many forms of burst"

>

>

>

> Sure bro..sure and let me guess...the ones getting killed are bad players while those killed by rangers are all TOP esl players am I right?

>

> P.S not surprisingly ranger is the biggest counter to that build ..where even a top war fail , it's no wonders necros hate rangers...but those necros don't realize that they can keep this kitten for as long as ranger exist in some form otherwise thei "low mobility" arguments wouldn't stick anywhere and huge nerfs would be in order

I play reaper often often in wvw as well as thief and lastly omg ranger. I'll admit it I play sic em. build often in wvw,why? Cuz its easy and requires little thought to get a lot of downs on new or un aware players or from wall and +1's lol. Sure other classes can burst for alot as well but are usually put in melee range where as I can do my sic em burst far outa most classes range from relative safety :) so why not. It's still OP and cheesey and why I and others use the build lol. U talk about necros hating rangers cuz their a hard counter, well yeah the sic em build is at range but if a reaper ever gets in close than it's not so much a hard counter as sic em centric builds fall fast when pressured in melee range unless the ranger is actually good at the class but most arnt and only use pew pew sic em cheese to get downs, like me :)

Least I admit it.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > > > > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

> > > >

> > > > If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

> > >

> > > And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

> >

> > Hey, that's true for every class though ... so the fact is that that baseline is ... scrub level play. The reality is that there isn't a correlation between top level play and class. There are likely the same proportion of good/bad players for every class. If we can see the range in quality of play, so can Anet.

>

> Ranger may well be a special case. It's extra friendly to new players with it's pet doing the tanking by default. And, it's seen consistent dislike by the veteran community.. If people want to upgrade to group play they have to drop ranger. So, who's left as ranger mains? Solos and beginners.

>

>

Maybe ... but we don't know if it's a special case. There are lots of friendly classes for new players for different reasons we can think of; I don't see any reason to think that ranger is somehow exceptionally aligned so strongly to new players that there is a disproportion of bad people playing them compared to other classes to conclude any data Anet might get from people playing the class would be unrepresentative data.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > > > > > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

> > > > >

> > > > > If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

> > > >

> > > > And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

> > >

> > > Hey, that's true for every class though ... so the fact is that that baseline is ... scrub level play. The reality is that there isn't a correlation between top level play and class. There are likely the same proportion of good/bad players for every class. If we can see the range in quality of play, so can Anet.

> >

> > Ranger may well be a special case. It's extra friendly to new players with it's pet doing the tanking by default. And, it's seen consistent dislike by the veteran community.. If people want to upgrade to group play they have to drop ranger. So, who's left as ranger mains? Solos and beginners.

> >

> >

>

> Maybe ... but we don't know if it's a special case. There are lots of friendly classes for new players for different reasons we can think of; I don't see any reason to think that ranger is somehow exceptionally aligned so strongly to new players that there is a disproportion of people playing them leading to bad data.

Once upon a time I might've pointed to the overabundance of bearbows in pve.

But now it's been six years since I did much open world, so that's out. <,<

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > > > > > > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

> > > > >

> > > > > And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

> > > >

> > > > Hey, that's true for every class though ... so the fact is that that baseline is ... scrub level play. The reality is that there isn't a correlation between top level play and class. There are likely the same proportion of good/bad players for every class. If we can see the range in quality of play, so can Anet.

> > >

> > > Ranger may well be a special case. It's extra friendly to new players with it's pet doing the tanking by default. And, it's seen consistent dislike by the veteran community.. If people want to upgrade to group play they have to drop ranger. So, who's left as ranger mains? Solos and beginners.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Maybe ... but we don't know if it's a special case. There are lots of friendly classes for new players for different reasons we can think of; I don't see any reason to think that ranger is somehow exceptionally aligned so strongly to new players that there is a disproportion of people playing them leading to bad data.

>

> Once upon a time I might've pointed to the overabundance of bearbows in pve.

> But now it's been six years since I did much open world, so that's out. <,<

Again, we don't have stats on how many players were playing any particular build then or now, so it's just speculation to claim data Anet might get from a class is not representative of the performance of the class just because we believe something is special about it.

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"GaijinGuy.8476" said:

> > > > In all seriousness though, dodge.

> > >

> > > this meme. if you face a slb that knows what theyre doing, you are either up against 10k+ lb autos or winters bite/ worldy impact/ maul/ 5k+ axe autos so there aren't really enough cd's to cover all of that.

> > >

> >

> > Over the weekend I faced quite a few bow Rangers. I actually won most of those fights because it's easy to tell someone is panicking when their initial volley doesn't win the fight (had to roll my eyes at the one guy who blinked and leapt away when his "I Win" button failed him). On the other hand I faced two very competent ones and those were great fights and I lasted a while but couldn't take them down. My hat's off to those who truly know the class.

>

> Yeah u can tell a good ranger from a pew pew'er lol once u bridge the gap they melt or run but a good ranger can do very very well close ranged as well.

gud ranger = 500 dmg full adren warrior burst.

dat dll gud.

Nah, hammer herald is the worst offender, sic ranger is like the gun flame berserker, if you dodge the rapid fire (a 2 seconds channeled skill) you can finish them easily.

The 25k gunflame from 1200 with no tells, one hit KO in a build with 29k hp and 80% immunity uptime is much worst offender.

Or the hammer herald with 15k CoRs or 5k piercing autos with all the sustain of a bunker.

Hamrev is being required in any squad over ranger or berserker. Guess why.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> Nah, hammer herald is the worst offender, sic ranger is like the gun flame berserker, if you dodge the rapid fire (a 2 seconds channeled skill) you can finish them easily.

>

> The 25k gunflame from 1200 with no tells, one hit KO in a build with 29k hp and 80% immunity uptime is much worst offender.

>

> Or the hammer herald with 15k CoRs or 5k piercing autos with all the sustain of a bunker.

>

> Hamrev is being required in any squad over ranger or berserker. Guess why.

1200 range vs 1800 range.

1 skill vs every single skill for the duration of sick em.

Hammer rev only does damage in straight line and has just as much sustain as other 2 classes.

If you nerf revs you also need to nerf sustain from fb/scourge/scraper as compensation. Nerfing gunflame/sick em just makes the game more playable.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > > Half of my guild literally made full zerk soulbeasts in last few weeks because it's so braindead and effective. They arent even roamers, they generally do only raids/blob stuff and since matchups are boring they just kitten on rangers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just tell me I am dreaming bro.....**YOU ARE AN ELE COMPLAINING ABOUT RANGERS**...out of all classes, you complain about rangers...RANGERS?! tell me you're trolling....there is no class more easy to kill than rangers as eles....**absolutely the easiest ever in existence** nothing else compares...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're complaining about rangers and leave out : holosmiths....one shot mesmers....scrappers...power reapers...scourges...staff thieves....s/d thieves...spellbreakers...heralds....are you telling me that as ele in wvw you're having an easier time against this lot compared to rangers?......I got it..you're joking right!?

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. Get in range of a ranger

> > > > > 2. get autoattacked

> > > > > 3. downstate

> > > > > 4. mistform away

> > > > > 5. die because you mistformed with 5% remaining downed health

> > > > >

> > > > > The cycle of playing a glass ele in wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have better time vs those classes because I dont encounter them lol. I cant die to something that doesnt exist.

> > > > >

> > > > > Besides, half of the classes you mentioned are a lot easier to kill than soulbeasts because...you know... they are in range and they cant kill me before I **try** to kill them. In the worst case we have same range of effectiveness.

> > > >

> > > > I say...you're lying and quite badly...are you seriously trying to tell me that you've got upset because a ranger pewpewed you running back to your zerg?...Because is the only class that can kill a glass ele roaming around.....sure man..

> > > >

> > > > Meanwhile in the screenshot below..I had over 3k armor with 1k healing and perma protection....

> > > >

> > > > https://imgur.com/a/yjn3JSr

> > > >

> > > > I see no rangers, attention should be drawn to the real cancers....

> > >

> > > They don't kill me while I'm running back to zerg, they kill me in the middle of one.

> >

> > Anything can kill a glass ele...even retaliation...

>

> But not everything can kill a full minstrel fb/scrapper/tempest in one combo which is why soulbeast (aka sick em) needs to be nerfed.

Most burst condi builds can. People dont play those as often because power DPS is the current META, but if youre sick of being killed by a particular thing then play the thing that counters it.

I got sick of getting killed by rangers and deadeye on my necro (which is basically countered by this LB SB build everyones complaining about) so I trotted my mirage out for a little revenge.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Legendary Defender.5631" said:

> > > > > > > > Keep complaining its only going to get worse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If people want SB changed, rolling with them and giving Anet the data they need to do it is exactly what everyone should do. We know Anet uses that usage data to make choices.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And we all know ranger is consistently played quite poorly, by the majority of it's users. So every time they look at the stats, they see ranger underperforming and so bad in WvW it's booted from squads. Yet also needs nerfs? xD

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey, that's true for every class though ... so the fact is that that baseline is ... scrub level play. The reality is that there isn't a correlation between top level play and class. There are likely the same proportion of good/bad players for every class. If we can see the range in quality of play, so can Anet.

> > > >

> > > > Ranger may well be a special case. It's extra friendly to new players with it's pet doing the tanking by default. And, it's seen consistent dislike by the veteran community.. If people want to upgrade to group play they have to drop ranger. So, who's left as ranger mains? Solos and beginners.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Maybe ... but we don't know if it's a special case. There are lots of friendly classes for new players for different reasons we can think of; I don't see any reason to think that ranger is somehow exceptionally aligned so strongly to new players that there is a disproportion of people playing them leading to bad data.

> >

> > Once upon a time I might've pointed to the overabundance of bearbows in pve.

> > But now it's been six years since I did much open world, so that's out. <,<

>

> Again, we don't have stats on how many players were playing any particular build then or now, so it's just speculation to claim data Anet might get from a class is not representative of the performance of the class just because we believe something is special about it.

Do you do a celebratory desk dance when you get the last word?

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > Nah, hammer herald is the worst offender, sic ranger is like the gun flame berserker, if you dodge the rapid fire (a 2 seconds channeled skill) you can finish them easily.

> >

> > The 25k gunflame from 1200 with no tells, one hit KO in a build with 29k hp and 80% immunity uptime is much worst offender.

> >

> > Or the hammer herald with 15k CoRs or 5k piercing autos with all the sustain of a bunker.

> >

> > Hamrev is being required in any squad over ranger or berserker. Guess why.

>

> 1200 range vs 1800 range.

>

> 1 skill vs every single skill for the duration of sick em.

>

> Hammer rev only does damage in straight line and has just as much sustain as other 2 classes.

>

> If you nerf revs you also need to nerf sustain from fb/scourge/scraper as compensation. Nerfing gunflame/sick em just makes the game more playable.

Ever thought about L2P issues on your side?....You claim a straight one shot skill that crit up to 14k dmg on a target with 3200 armor...is more balanced than a 2s+ channel attack that requires LoS and unblockable and single player. Now it's full clear that you are on bias bandwagon ...claiming that hammer rev is balanced in GW2, there is really nothing else to add

https://imgur.com/a/gOkXxmC

It's balanced right?..So you add your logical argument to this picture...**I had 3200 armor full nomad tempest**

When a player gets burst down by another class- onto the forums to complain that the class or the skill that killed them is blatently op. When that same players class or one of it's broken skills are in question- get gud, l2p issue, just dodge, use light of sight and lastly compare said skill to other powercrept classes or skills as if that makes it ok. People are funny lol

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > Nah, hammer herald is the worst offender, sic ranger is like the gun flame berserker, if you dodge the rapid fire (a 2 seconds channeled skill) you can finish them easily.

> > >

> > > The 25k gunflame from 1200 with no tells, one hit KO in a build with 29k hp and 80% immunity uptime is much worst offender.

> > >

> > > Or the hammer herald with 15k CoRs or 5k piercing autos with all the sustain of a bunker.

> > >

> > > Hamrev is being required in any squad over ranger or berserker. Guess why.

> >

> > 1200 range vs 1800 range.

> >

> > 1 skill vs every single skill for the duration of sick em.

> >

> > Hammer rev only does damage in straight line and has just as much sustain as other 2 classes.

> >

> > If you nerf revs you also need to nerf sustain from fb/scourge/scraper as compensation. Nerfing gunflame/sick em just makes the game more playable.

>

> Ever thought about L2P issues on your side?....You claim a straight one shot skill that crit up to 14k dmg on a target with 3200 armor...is more balanced than a 2s+ channel attack that requires LoS and unblockable and single player. Now it's full clear that you are on bias bandwagon ...claiming that hammer rev is balanced in GW2, there is really nothing else to add

>

> https://imgur.com/a/gOkXxmC

>

> It's balanced right?..So you add your logical argument to this picture...**I had 3200 armor full nomad tempest**

Rev's are also bound by energy; they can't simply just spam like every other class. Because of this, damage must increase. Decrease their damage and/or increase their cool downs, then we must remove the energy cost, and their skills essentially become spammable.

Even worse, do you really want heralds running around perma-buffing people with protection, fury, might, regeneration, and swiftness because of no energy cost? Seems something like this would be exponentially worse. So, the alternative to what we have now; energy cost and thus damage on skills increase, because they cannot be spammed, but more calculated attacks.

What bothers me is that many players who bunker up seem to assume because they are bunkering up, they feel they should essentially be immortal. They feel like they should be taking very little damage. These same people also feel like they shouldn't be taking any damage from conditions, because conditions essentially ignore armor. So then we also get complaints that conditions do too much damage. End result, players basically want to run around in bunker builds completely unabated to what the enemies can throw at them. This is not how this works.

You say you run Nomads, which is Toughness, Vitality, and healing as a tempest, so the goal is to be the group healer, aka, sustain. Problem; Sustain has got completely and utterly out of control to the point Anet needs to bring a heavy handed hammer down on it. Under no circumstance should a group ever be able to sit under a barrage of arrowcart fire, with both catapults and trebs being fired at the group in succession and live. But alas, that is exactly what we see because the sustain is out of control. Mass amounts of barrier, protection, permanent stab/resistance, and healing.

Is a CoR going to be the difference maker against a high sustain group like mentioned above? Hardly. Is a Sic'em ranger going to be the difference maker against a high sustain group like mentioned above? Hardly. What exactly is going to combat that? Because apparently a ton of arrowcarts, catapults, and trebs, combined with a calculated hit don't work either.

> @"steki.1478" said:

>well yeah the sic em build is at range but if a reaper ever gets in close than it's not so much a hard counter as sic em centric builds fall fast when pressured in melee range unless the ranger is actually good at the class but most arnt and only use pew pew sic em cheese to get downs, like me :)

> Least I admit it.

Doesn't matter how good you are tbh, the pew pew requires traits and skills that don't help in sustained melee fights. If you close the gap, the ranger dies.

Simple as.

All this complaining is just from people who want to be able to waltz around on their own one shot cheese build without danger.

Classes that make a total mockery of pewpew ranger:

-Any war with long duration phys immunity and greatword

-Mesmer with constant evades and blinks

-stone heart weavers

-scrappers with barrier spam

-thieves that run dagger storm instead of bask venom for once

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > Nah, hammer herald is the worst offender, sic ranger is like the gun flame berserker, if you dodge the rapid fire (a 2 seconds channeled skill) you can finish them easily.

> > >

> > > The 25k gunflame from 1200 with no tells, one hit KO in a build with 29k hp and 80% immunity uptime is much worst offender.

> > >

> > > Or the hammer herald with 15k CoRs or 5k piercing autos with all the sustain of a bunker.

> > >

> > > Hamrev is being required in any squad over ranger or berserker. Guess why.

> >

> > 1200 range vs 1800 range.

> >

> > 1 skill vs every single skill for the duration of sick em.

> >

> > Hammer rev only does damage in straight line and has just as much sustain as other 2 classes.

> >

> > If you nerf revs you also need to nerf sustain from fb/scourge/scraper as compensation. Nerfing gunflame/sick em just makes the game more playable.

>

> Ever thought about L2P issues on your side?....You claim a straight one shot skill that crit up to 14k dmg on a target with 3200 armor...is more balanced than a 2s+ channel attack that requires LoS and unblockable and single player. Now it's full clear that you are on bias bandwagon ...claiming that hammer rev is balanced in GW2, there is really nothing else to add

>

> https://imgur.com/a/gOkXxmC

>

> It's balanced right?..So you add your logical argument to this picture...**I had 3200 armor full nomad tempest**

While I dont buy the "something else is worse with some completely different thing so that means this thing does or does not need action" argument that happens in every thread, I do agree that there are too many ways to one-shot-kill or one-combo-kill player characters.

The real issue is no nerf bat to one thing will balance the game, because the nerf bat needed to fix it wouldnt really be a figurative "bat" at all, but instead be the code-name for the ion cannon mounted onto the low orbit satellite which when fired, tears the entire top layer of character power asunder and knocks it all the way back to 2014 era GW2. The player audience that craves every bit of character power it can get its collective button mashing hands on would not stand for this however, and since their money is as green as everyone elses is, this drastic-but-correct action will never be taken.

Thus every single "nerf THIS" thread will have a counter argument of "THAT is worse than THIS and its allowed to exist, so no nerf of THIS can happen either..."

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> >well yeah the sic em build is at range but if a reaper ever gets in close than it's not so much a hard counter as sic em centric builds fall fast when pressured in melee range unless the ranger is actually good at the class but most arnt and only use pew pew sic em cheese to get downs, like me :)

> > Least I admit it.

>

> Doesn't matter how good you are tbh, the pew pew requires traits and skills that don't help in sustained melee fights. If you close the gap, the ranger dies.

>

> Simple as.

>

> All this complaining is just from people who want to be able to waltz around on their own one shot cheese build without danger.

>

> Classes that make a total mockery of pewpew ranger:

>

> -Any war with long duration phys immunity and greatword

> -Mesmer with constant evades and blinks

> -stone heart weavers

> -scrappers with barrier spam

> -thieves that run dagger storm instead of bask venom for once

The ranger build has a greatsword in the other slot, and 2 ways to invuln if it wants, so its decent in melee. I do find mesmer counters it, especially mirage. Staff daredevil, and sword/anything thief. Warriors are too easy to escape from - the minute they are invuln the ranger can be far away resetting. Scrappers are an even fight.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> >well yeah the sic em build is at range but if a reaper ever gets in close than it's not so much a hard counter as sic em centric builds fall fast when pressured in melee range unless the ranger is actually good at the class but most arnt and only use pew pew sic em cheese to get downs, like me :)

> > Least I admit it.

>

> Doesn't matter how good you are tbh, the pew pew requires traits and skills that don't help in sustained melee fights. If you close the gap, the ranger dies.

>

> Simple as.

>

> All this complaining is just from people who want to be able to waltz around on their own one shot cheese build without danger.

>

> Classes that make a total mockery of pewpew ranger:

>

> -Any war with long duration phys immunity and greatword

> -Mesmer with constant evades and blinks

> -stone heart weavers

> -scrappers with barrier spam

> -thieves that run dagger storm instead of bask venom for once

EXACTLY!!!!

@arenanet all this complaining and balance bs can be easily fixed. Remove all passives and boons. Simple as that. Then players can no longer be carried by the game and no more of the op burst builds. they all require being carried by the game using passive traits and boons. But hey lets just add more boons and more passive carry me traits so the not so skilled or not so fast thinkers can be carried. Um....any company in the world would know catering to them types is a failure. but here we are. And because you fail to see this is why I say what I say about you.