New Dye Tier

Dyes could use a new tier. Dyes have lost the prestige and meaning that they used to have back when the color black on your armor was a rare and cool thing, having a certain dye on your character used to be noticeable and notable. A new tier of dyes with some kind of unique sheen or effect would be awesome. Anything from an interesting gradient to a really strong gloss finish would make them desirable, interesting, and give some life to the dye market that is currently based mostly on artificial rarity rather than the actual aesthetic look of the dye.

I certainly wouldn't object to more dyes and more dyes with 'effects' like Abyssal Sea and Heirloom (where they can have a two-tone effect on some materials), but I don't think there's any need for them to have a new tier. The current system is already fairly self-explanatory with starter, fine, masterwork and rare dyes and then the gem store exclusives and I don't think a new tier would do anything but complicate that.

Also I wonder what the OP thinks of me using Orchid - a starter dye - as the main colour on my main characters armour and then using gem store exclusives like bloodstone indigo or electro blue as accent colours. I imagine that's a bit of a mixed message if you care about how much they cost to buy.

I don't think we need a whole new tier for dyes-with-effects, but I'd like the gem store exclusive dyes to be classed as exotic instead of lumped in with the other rares, purely to make it easier to search the trading post. Sometimes I decide I have some coin to burn and want to see which of the ones I haven't collected yet are the cheapest on a given day, and it would be easier to do that if I could use the tier limiter in the interface.

A "custom dye" would be tier 2 enough for me. I have a horrible habit of getting hooked on weapons in which simply no color available quite matches. So, something like a gem store exclusive dye that functions like dial settings like the total makeover kit except for just making a preset dye would work wonders for my fashion-specific OCD.

> @"Chingalling.1208" said:

> Dyes could use a new tier. Dyes have lost the prestige and meaning that they used to have back when the color black on your armor was a rare and cool thing, having a certain dye on your character used to be noticeable and notable. A new tier of dyes with some kind of unique sheen or effect would be awesome. Anything from an interesting gradient to a really strong gloss finish would make them desirable, interesting, and give some life to the dye market that is currently based mostly on artificial rarity rather than the actual aesthetic look of the dye.

There was never any prestige or meaning to be had from having a particular color of dye on your armor.

Dyes like Abyssal Sea and Forest are good examples.

They're not monochromatic. They're dark with a bright shine in that colour.

Maybe similarly we can get dyes with more effects.

Shiny, glimmering, changing. Maybe even fiery, or fuming. Hazing like ice..

But i don't believe dyes are a good field for prestige in a fashion game.

Some should be expensive, or the reward of value, but not unnecessarily prestigious

> @"Taelac.7036" said:

> I don't think we need a whole new tier for dyes-with-effects, but I'd like the gem store exclusive dyes to be classed as exotic instead of lumped in with the other rares, purely to make it easier to search the trading post. Sometimes I decide I have some coin to burn and want to see which of the ones I haven't collected yet are the cheapest on a given day, and it would be easier to do that if I could use the tier limiter in the interface.

There is an easier way to find them on the TP, just hover over the dyes you have missing and right click, look on TP(it will bring up that exact dye and you'll know the price), yes, you have to go through all of them and remember the price, but I did it this way the last time I did this: set a limit on how much per dye you're willing to spend and when one comes up that meets the threshold then buy it.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Taelac.7036" said:

> > I don't think we need a whole new tier for dyes-with-effects, but I'd like the gem store exclusive dyes to be classed as exotic instead of lumped in with the other rares, purely to make it easier to search the trading post. Sometimes I decide I have some coin to burn and want to see which of the ones I haven't collected yet are the cheapest on a given day, and it would be easier to do that if I could use the tier limiter in the interface.

>

> There is an easier way to find them on the TP, just hover over the dyes you have missing and right click, look on TP(it will bring up that exact dye and you'll know the price), yes, you have to go through all of them and remember the price, but I did it this way the last time I did this: set a limit on how much per dye you're willing to spend and when one comes up that meets the threshold then buy it.

That does work, but I'm not sure I'd consider it any easier. Right now, the _easiest_ way is to open gw2efficiency, limit by what's still locked, and sort that by price, but I'd feel less compelled to use a third party app if exclusives were classed as exotic, so I could use the tier limiter to keep my search results to a manageable size.