Wow These Upcoming Mallyx Changes...

narcx.3570

> @"Burtnik.5218" said:

> At this point i am just waiting for cd's to thief. Enough is enough. Make it fair

It was a complete "feline" trying to catch a dagger/ pewpew thief just last night while under Mallyx in WvW. Now my only reliable gap closer in that stance will cost more and have a cooldown...

Edit: Also, thieves are getting an imprisonment skill. ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Just want to throw in that giving cooldowns to these skills shouldn't be a point to complain about, as spamming them is generally an awful idea anyway. Nothing of value lost, but more people might be able to pick it up and understand it more easily, basically.

Yes a 10 second cooldown on Embrace the Darkness is _totally_ justified /s

No, it’s bloody fucking horrible is what it is. Practically all of the Mallyx damage has been moved to EtD so now you’re forced to use the upkeep and keep it going to maintain high condi damage (cool concept I’m down with that) until you run out of energy. Unfortunately, EtD only does damage in a 240 radius, so that means if the enemy kites you at all, you need to use gap closers to get back into damaging range. Unfortunately, that costs energy, which with an active upkeep will be quickly depleted to 0. So that leaves two options 1) attempt to gap close while EtDing and probably run out of energy quickly, ending your upkeep and locking you out of a large portion of your damage by putting it on a 10 second recharge

Or option 2) end EtD early and attempt to gap close while gaining energy, but now EtD is on a 10 second cooldown, so can’t be used for damage anytime soon again, which will also reduce your pressure.

The ideal 3rd scenario would be EtD having no cooldown, like it does now, and being able to turn it off, catch the kiting enemy while gaining and spending energy, and then turn it back on without having to wait 10 seconds.

It’s worth noting this will be the first upkeep skill outside of Glint to have a huge CD on it. I say huge because it’s literally +10 seconds to a previously 0s CD skill.

I get that the intention is for us to commit to EtD and use it at the right time and then keep it going, but in practice this CD is unnecessarily limiting to an already underutilized pvp spec, especially since our chill application is reduced now making it even harder to keep enemies near our EtD pulses

And yes the loss of multiple leaps in a row is bad for Mallyx’s mobility game, which he is now further losing to Shiro for what? A 240 radius pull /leapthat can get interrupted? Come on...he won’t be able to escape as easily anymore either...so the CD is bad there as well for a skill that *probably* won’t be all that helpful overall.

It’s not like they gave Mallyx further sustain or QoL buffs to compensate for the lost mobility or added cooldowns either which is an issue given that the new skills don’t warrant the amount of CD they have, so Mallyx needed some compensation as a melee brawler to be able to fulfill that role further

> @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > No need to theorycraft with mallyx in pvp. Too energy consuming for what it does. Shiro still better.

>

> RIP, variety.

Hardly. The class uses the same build in PvP from 3.75 years ago; everything else remains mostly useless and this patch doesn't change it. If all, widens the gap between power Herald and everything else, but any perceived "variety" related to Revenant in PvP was (always have been) ilusory. You can't "kill" something that doesn't exist.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > No need to theorycraft with mallyx in pvp. Too energy consuming for what it does. Shiro still better.

> >

> > RIP, variety.

>

> Hardly. The class uses the same build in PvP from 3.75 years ago; everything else remains mostly useless and this patch doesn't change it. If all, widens the gap between power Herald and everything else, but any perceived "variety" related to Revenant in PvP was (always have been) ilusory. You can't "kill" something that doesn't exist.

Mallyx was playable in wvw roaming. Not anymore once the patch goes live tho.

> @"Burtnik.5218" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > No need to theorycraft with mallyx in pvp. Too energy consuming for what it does. Shiro still better.

> > >

> > > RIP, variety.

> >

> > Hardly. The class uses the same build in PvP from 3.75 years ago; everything else remains mostly useless and this patch doesn't change it. If all, widens the gap between power Herald and everything else, but any perceived "variety" related to Revenant in PvP was (always have been) ilusory. You can't "kill" something that doesn't exist.

>

> Mallyx was playable in wvw roaming. Not anymore once the patch goes live tho.

Yeah I am pretty bummed. I run Charged Mists a lot and a triple UA disengage or reposition was a godsend to my success in WvW. Not to mention the insane cleave potential it had, which IMO is totally valid if that is how I choose to use my energy.

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > @"Rasp Sabreblade.5421" said:

> > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > >

> > > I think you care too much. As I said, HoT-launch Unyielding Anguish teleported people out of the skill area. I liked this idea. It used to have 35 energy cost but no cooldown and it was very frustrating because of no CD.

> >

> > I think Anet should add this back in as a 4th utility skill for Mallyx. This was awesome for stopping ppl from stomping in WvW and Pvp. It only became an issue in PvE and champions where it was abused to hold mobs against walls and negate the actions.

> >

> > Heck Anet needs to add a 4th utility to all the legends. Again this is the same complaint since Revenant was released.

> >

> > edit: give all the weapons the trident treatment.

> >

> >

>

> Well, that would be very reasonable. Instead of removing skills and replacing them they could really add them as an option. Because... Just why not? Would it really powercreep Revenant or allow it to overperform? I don't think so. This would be the way to go. Noone would be hurt since this was a completely new skill that you _can choose_.

>

> Also, I am a fan of adding more utility per legend because let's be honest. Half of every legends' kit is split between being half viable in PvP and half in PvE. The best way would be to let Revenants choose which content they want to focus on, because who desperately needs 0 dmg boonstrip in PvE, or a Projectile Shield, or Taunt, or Shadowstep.

> For me, Mallyx since HoT-launch was a PvP designed legend. Healing off of condis, Boonstrip, Displacement, Torment, Confusion, Condi Transfer - none of these are as meaningful as in PvP. And it's cool, but then, what about people who want to play Condi Rev in PvE? Now, we will have a solution - EtD.

>

> But yeah, more utilities gives more freedom of playstyle. Our focus would still remain on the current legend because well, we are on that legend. Noone's harmed.

>

>

> + God how I wish we had Trident Treatment across all weapons, no matter the odds. This would be so interactive, interesting and fresh.

I agree I want every weapon to work like trident, so this way we would have so much more variaty in the choice of weapons we run + legend combos. The skills would be better suited to what we wanted to do which would be such a fresh Idea and could make the E-spec design easier to achieve.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > @"Burtnik.5218" said:

> > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > @"KidRoleplay.3615" said:

> > > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > No need to theorycraft with mallyx in pvp. Too energy consuming for what it does. Shiro still better.

> > > >

> > > > RIP, variety.

> > >

> > > Hardly. The class uses the same build in PvP from 3.75 years ago; everything else remains mostly useless and this patch doesn't change it. If all, widens the gap between power Herald and everything else, but any perceived "variety" related to Revenant in PvP was (always have been) ilusory. You can't "kill" something that doesn't exist.

> >

> > Mallyx was playable in wvw roaming. Not anymore once the patch goes live tho.

>

> Yeah I am pretty bummed. I run Charged Mists a lot and a triple UA disengage or reposition was a godsend to my success in WvW. Not to mention the insane cleave potential it had, which IMO is totally valid if that is how I choose to use my energy.

Pretty much. I loved dropping 3 ua fields on ppl that tried to rez or use it to escape along with Shiro superspeed if there was no target. Rev is not allowed to be fun tho, at this point i am pretty sure that even our stunbreak and other upkeep skills will get cd's in the future. Whole class will be locked into cooldowns along with energy on top of it. I tried to get away with this kitten joke split dmg on sword, and they nerf the last thing i enjoyed on rev..lol

Hopefully they will make double sword condi necro on the future so i can drop this joke class for good.

I love how Rev never requieres to spent a dime in new stats, no matter which changes the patches provides. Makes the legendary gear a bit redundant, but still I can appreciate that aside from being more and more rigid and dumber in gameplay Rev is largely unnafected by the need to grind new crap as other classes do. Think about that: just a couple of patches turned the valkyrie stats for Guardians from godlike to absolute garbage... Glad didn't move from Rev in 2018. Tha's my "ppreciation" for the patch.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> I love how Rev never requieres to spent a dime in new stats, no matter which changes the patches provides. Makes the legendary gear a bit redundant, but still I can appreciate that aside from being more and more rigid and dumber in gameplay Rev is largely unnafected by the need to grind new kitten as other classes do. Think about that: just a couple of patches turned the valkyrie stats for Guardians from godlike to absolute garbage... Glad didn't move from Rev in 2018. Tha's my "ppreciation" for the patch.

This dumbing things down, what is purpose of this?

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > I love how Rev never requieres to spent a dime in new stats, no matter which changes the patches provides. Makes the legendary gear a bit redundant, but still I can appreciate that aside from being more and more rigid and dumber in gameplay Rev is largely unnafected by the need to grind new kitten as other classes do. Think about that: just a couple of patches turned the valkyrie stats for Guardians from godlike to absolute garbage... Glad didn't move from Rev in 2018. Tha's my "ppreciation" for the patch.

>

> This dumbing things down, what is purpose of this?

Dumbing it down to be more accessible because as it stands people at least a lot of people don't seem to want to learn the class, they just want to run the class like its a guardian or warrior. Its mechanic is too much to be asked to learn and as a rev main since its inception it saddens me to see it keep getting stripped and devolved into whatever its becoming; I love the theme and the nature of it.

Sure its not perfect and I have ideas for it and things ID LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN, but its clear those are not in line with what A-net desire for the class... whatever that may be.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

>

> This is what you core players get for flaunting "core" on the forums too much.

>

> Core is amazing just needs buffs!

> Elite specs are straight upgrades!

>

> Put them together and anet nerfs elite specs and then does "revamps" (another frequent cringe suggestion) on stuff that this time happened to target mallyx.

>

> >! Sleep in the bed you make.

Screw that Nerf Herald and Shiro and buff everything else. Tired of Herald and Shiro. I want more quality builds to play

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

> >

> > This is what you core players get for flaunting "core" on the forums too much.

> >

> > Core is amazing just needs buffs!

> > Elite specs are straight upgrades!

> >

> > Put them together and anet nerfs elite specs and then does "revamps" (another frequent cringe suggestion) on stuff that this time happened to target mallyx.

> >

> > >! Sleep in the bed you make.

>

> Screw that Nerf Herald and Shiro and buff everything else. Tired of Herald and Shiro. I want more quality builds to play

Wreck everything and leave everything a mess. That's anets new balancing policy. But keep dreaming.

> > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

> >

> > This is what you core players get for flaunting "core" on the forums too much.

> >

> > Core is amazing just needs buffs!

> > Elite specs are straight upgrades!

> >

> > Put them together and anet nerfs elite specs and then does "revamps" (another frequent cringe suggestion) on stuff that this time happened to target mallyx.

> >

> > >! Sleep in the bed you make.

>

> Screw that Nerf Herald and Shiro and buff everything else. Tired of Herald and Shiro. I want more quality builds to play

Come to think of it, were you not the guy constantly bring up new discussions about improving ventari, changing staff into a healing stick and giving access to moar energy cause legend swapping dropped you out of tablet mode? They literally addressed all 3 items and now, the next big balance patch later, you are playing lolPowerRenegade?

>! "Please devs at anet, here my prayer,

>! Nerf revenant in totality so badly that knighthonor either quits the game or finds a new class to troll his bad ideas on. And then once hes gone un-nerf it so the rest of us can live happily ever after.

>! Amen"

>! -Fantastc Was Xandra

Did any of u did math for condi rene? Everyone is complaining but I don't see any numbers for dps decrease/increase.

Diviner rene is getting buff from icerazor and UI. Npng in fractals won't be that cancer anymore as u will be able to pull trash mobs. Well also see how malyx elite will work

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > > Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

> > >

> > > This is what you core players get for flaunting "core" on the forums too much.

> > >

> > > Core is amazing just needs buffs!

> > > Elite specs are straight upgrades!

> > >

> > > Put them together and anet nerfs elite specs and then does "revamps" (another frequent cringe suggestion) on stuff that this time happened to target mallyx.

> > >

> > > >! Sleep in the bed you make.

> >

> > Screw that Nerf Herald and Shiro and buff everything else. Tired of Herald and Shiro. I want more quality builds to play

>

> Come to think of it, were you not the guy constantly bring up new discussions about improving ventari, changing staff into a healing stick and giving access to moar energy cause legend swapping dropped you out of tablet mode? They literally addressed all 3 items and now, the next big balance patch later, you are playing lolPowerRenegade?

>

> >! "Please devs at anet, here my prayer,

> >! Nerf revenant in totality so badly that knighthonor either quits the game or finds a new class to troll his bad ideas on. And then once hes gone un-nerf it so the rest of us can live happily ever after.

> >! Amen"

> >! -Fantastc Was Xandra

Are you saying current Ventari is more effective and complete then Power Herald? Is that what you saying?

> > > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > > > > Ew, what the godforsaken rotten kitten is this? Seriously? More cooldowns on legend skills? I thought we had energy for a reason. This absolutely guts and fries my core Mallyx builds. And to think that orbs were only a premonition of what's to come...

> > > >

> > > > This is what you core players get for flaunting "core" on the forums too much.

> > > >

> > > > Core is amazing just needs buffs!

> > > > Elite specs are straight upgrades!

> > > >

> > > > Put them together and anet nerfs elite specs and then does "revamps" (another frequent cringe suggestion) on stuff that this time happened to target mallyx.

> > > >

> > > > >! Sleep in the bed you make.

> > >

> > > Screw that Nerf Herald and Shiro and buff everything else. Tired of Herald and Shiro. I want more quality builds to play

> >

> > Come to think of it, were you not the guy constantly bring up new discussions about improving ventari, changing staff into a healing stick and giving access to moar energy cause legend swapping dropped you out of tablet mode? They literally addressed all 3 items and now, the next big balance patch later, you are playing lolPowerRenegade?

> >

> > >! "Please devs at anet, here my prayer,

> > >! Nerf revenant in totality so badly that knighthonor either quits the game or finds a new class to troll his bad ideas on. And then once hes gone un-nerf it so the rest of us can live happily ever after.

> > >! Amen"

> > >! -Fantastc Was Xandra

>

> Are you saying current Ventari is more effective and complete then Power Herald? Is that what you saying?

I am saying why are you gloating for rev nerfs when you wont even play the stuff that you asked to get buffed that does get buffed.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> Did any of u did math for condi rene? Everyone is complaining but I don't see any numbers for dps decrease/increase.

> Diviner rene is getting buff from icerazor and UI. Npng in fractals won't be that cancer anymore as u will be able to pull trash mobs. Well also see how malyx elite will work

It will 100% be a group dps loss due to the loss of finishers alone... Likely what will happen to the rotation tho is that the legends will swap, going M/A+mallyx+citadel and then SB+Kalla, which will not be as big of a personal loss for you as the Ren--but you're still going to be blocking a lot of finishers for the rest of your group, which will cut group dps and more importantly just make other people not want to play with Rens.

Either that, or you'll just eat the dps loss and do something like Baelfire+Shiro+Kalla, to sidestep the dark field problem all together. Can't stress enough how horrible that thing is, especially if you're the type of person who's playing condiren on fights other than Dhuum where there are a lot of Mirages who thrive on living inside those Fire/Confounding/Smoke fields. Personally, I won't be letting people bring condiren to Matt/Cairn/SH/Largos/Sabir anymore in my groups, cuz I know me, and I know seeing all those leeching bolts will get me so tilted... And like, I try not to be too toxic, so I want to avoid putting myself in those situations. :bleep_bloop:

> @"narcx.3570" said:

>

> It will 100% be a group dps loss due to the loss of finishers alone... Likely what will happen to the rotation tho is that the legends will swap, going M/A+mallyx+citadel and then SB+Kalla, which will not be as big of a personal loss for you as the Ren--but you're still going to be blocking a lot of finishers for the rest of your group, which will cut group dps and more importantly just make other people not want to play with Rens.

>

> Either that, or you'll just eat the dps loss and do something like Baelfire+Shiro+Kalla, to sidestep the dark field problem all together. Can't stress enough how horrible that thing is, especially if you're the type of person who's playing condiren on fights other than Dhuum where there are a lot of Mirages who thrive on living inside those Fire/Confounding/Smoke fields. Personally, I won't be letting people bring condiren to Matt/Cairn/SH/Largos/Sabir anymore in my groups, cuz I know me, and I know seeing all those leeching bolts will get me so tilted... And like, I try not to be too toxic, so I want to avoid putting myself in those situations. :bleep_bloop:

T'would be nice to have whirl finishers in dark fields give tormenting bolts instead of leeching.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> The biggest problem with them is putting a 10s CD on Mallyx elite. I don't think the balance team really understands just how big of a screw that is to how core upkeep skills are used.

>

> This could easily turn out to be one of those "buffs" that is actually a nerf.

Yeah, I agree. It really messes with the flow of the legend. There are a lot of advantages to having EtD with no cooldown, from procing elite-based runes and traits more frequently, procing Demonic Resistance, having better control of procing Charged Mists, and most importantly allowing for a more adaptable playstyle. I use EtD very often when running Mallyx, but I frequently turn it on and off to properly manage my energy. The UA--err, Call to Anguish--change is quite significant and I understand the need to give it a CD since it now is a CC, but not EtD.