Any word on when LS5 comes out or what we can expect for new content?

I've played this game for many years, just finished LS4 and I loved it.

Was just curious if anyone heard anything about new releases for GW2 or what we can expect in the future? It's almost been 2 years since the last expac, really hoping you guys have something lined up!

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> 90 days after LS4.6 launched is 12 Aug. 120 days is 11 Sept. The average time between releases for LS4 was around 100-110 days (depending on how you count PoF and PoF→LS4.1).

So we should maybe expect a delay notice? Because even if the average was 100-110 days for se4 it was under heavy pushbacks and delays and the "schedule" of 2 to 3 months never really changed.

> 90 days after LS4.6 launched is 12 Aug. 120 days is 11 Sept. The average time between releases for LS4 was around 100-110 days (depending on how you count PoF and PoF→LS4.1).

Pointing to the old schedule is likely unwise at this point. Didn't Mike Z say in his post-firings message that this cadence would likely not be the same going forward?

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > 90 days after LS4.6 launched is 12 Aug. 120 days is 11 Sept. The average time between releases for LS4 was around 100-110 days (depending on how you count PoF and PoF→LS4.1).

>

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> So we should maybe expect a delay notice? Because even if the average was 100-110 days for se4 it was under heavy pushbacks and delays and the "schedule" of 2 to 3 months never really changed.

If there's one thing we've learned over the last 10+ years it's that we should not _expect_ anything. ANet releases things at their own pace.

Consequently: I didn't actually make a prediction about when LS5 might begin. I just posted the data to which we have access.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> Pointing to the old schedule is likely unwise at this point. Didn't Mike Z say in his post-firings message that this cadence would likely not be the same going forward?

What @"Mike Zadorojny.7058" said was:

> `https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69872/update-from-the-guild-wars-2-team`

> As the proverbial dust settles in the next few days we're going to re-evaluate our schedules to make sure that our releases are realistic and allow us the time to make sure they hit our internal quality bar. This means that some updates are going to see delays, like the recent Warclaw, as we regain our focus.

He didn't comment on the _cadence_, only on the releases in play at the time.

It would be reasonable to suppose that cadences might be altered; it would also be reasonable to suppose that they might like to shrink rather than extend them.

Pretty much this.

Unless Anet has an extended delay, it should be in August.

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > 90 days after LS4.6 launched is 12 Aug. 120 days is 11 Sept. The average time between releases for LS4 was around 100-110 days (depending on how you count PoF and PoF→LS4.1).

> >

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > So we should maybe expect a delay notice? Because even if the average was 100-110 days for se4 it was under heavy pushbacks and delays and the "schedule" of 2 to 3 months never really changed.

> If there's one thing we've learned over the last 10+ years it's that we should not _expect_ anything. ANet releases things at their own pace.

> Consequently: I didn't actually make a prediction about when LS5 might begin. I just posted the data to which we have access.

>

Im just saying, based on the last 2 season every episode that was outside the 3 month mark was given a "delay" notice by mikez.

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > Pointing to the old schedule is likely unwise at this point. Didn't Mike Z say in his post-firings message that this cadence would likely not be the same going forward?

>

> What @"Mike Zadorojny.7058" said was:

> > `https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69872/update-from-the-guild-wars-2-team`

> > As the proverbial dust settles in the next few days we're going to re-evaluate our schedules to make sure that our releases are realistic and allow us the time to make sure they hit our internal quality bar. This means that some updates are going to see delays, like the recent Warclaw, as we regain our focus.

>

> He didn't comment on the _cadence_, only on the releases in play at the time.

> It would be reasonable to suppose that cadences might be altered; it would also be reasonable to suppose that they might like to shrink rather than extend them.

Hopefully they might shrink them, it soured the experience alot seeing them miss the mark repeatedly last season.

> > `https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69872/update-from-the-guild-wars-2-team`

> > As the proverbial dust settles in the next few days we're going to re-evaluate our schedules to make sure that our releases are realistic and allow us the time to make sure they hit our internal quality bar. This means that some updates are going to see delays, like the recent Warclaw, as we regain our focus.

>

> It would be reasonable to suppose that cadences might be altered; it would also be reasonable to suppose that they might like to shrink rather than extend them.

Isn't release schedule the same as cadence of delivery?

*shrugs*.... either way that is what I took from it.

27.8.2019 most likely (at least what im betting on). Soo in 6 weeks from this post. Thats just how i see timings add up.

In less than 2 weeks (30.7.2019) we are most likely getting the Bazaar of the four winds.

3 weeks afterwards, the festival will end.

1 week after that, new LS will release. If there are delay or whatever else, add extra 2-4 weeks.

There is nothing officially announced as of yet. There are some strong indications that there will be a festival of the four winds somewhere imminent, but it is unknown when. I think we might have it somewhere during the second half of the summer.

As for LS5.1. I do not think that anyone can make a safe bet and to be honest I wouldn't want to.

It will be the first major release after the massive layoffs and reorganisation at Arenanet. The announcement said that the new teams will have more freedom to work on new and existing content, so I have no doubt that they want to show us what course they are going to take and set a precedent for the future releases. They better make it good and not quick in my humble opinion.

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > 90 days after LS4.6 launched is 12 Aug. 120 days is 11 Sept. The average time between releases for LS4 was around 100-110 days (depending on how you count PoF and PoF→LS4.1).

> >

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > So we should maybe expect a delay notice? Because even if the average was 100-110 days for se4 it was under heavy pushbacks and delays and the "schedule" of 2 to 3 months never really changed.

> If there's one thing we've learned over the last 10+ years it's that we should not _expect_ anything. ANet releases things at their own pace.

> Consequently: I didn't actually make a prediction about when LS5 might begin. I just posted the data to which we have access.

>

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > Pointing to the old schedule is likely unwise at this point. Didn't Mike Z say in his post-firings message that this cadence would likely not be the same going forward?

>

>

Or they will extend the cadence, so less episodes, but much more content. But at this point if it would be 5-6 month cadence, I have no idea how would they keep the playerbase busy... Bonus Week events every 2 weeks?

Personally I also hope they will shorten the release cadence, so a good amount of content, but with shorter cadence - 1-2 months. Something like Season 2. It has to be like that if we ever survive to Expansion 3.

If they will want to extend the cadence, it means Living Story is the only focus of Anets.

Well these boss blitz type events were designed to fill the gaps between content, so we know nothing is coming until after it is over. Should be soon though, since last year's was end of July, and ANET already stated they wanted this to be an annual event. I have a toon stocked full of low cost mats to burn on boxes - I'm ready for my disappointment ANET, let's do this!!!

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Im just saying, based on the last 2 season every episode that was outside the 3 month mark was given a "delay" notice by mikez.

> Even by that standard, we remain closer to the 2 month mark than 3.

Didnt you just say the average w8 time was around 100 days? How is that closer to the 2 month mark.

well i heard after world boss events that they are coming out with another event next week. not sure if it will be the four winds but ask around in game or your fellow guild members an friends. as for living world season 5 keep tabs in game on what people are talking about. it took them 5months to get the final of season 4 out on aurene. i expect the next will be cathan. expect maybe around halloween for living world season 5