Legendary Weapons should unlock the effects separately, for more customization.

I think Guild Wars 2 has a lot of fantastic weapon designs, unfortunately when you work so hard to unlock a legendary , well ... you want to use it ! That puts a ton of other really quality weapon designs on the back burner. Well what if when you unlocked a legendary , you didn't just unlock the skin, but the effects that go along with it.

Imagine wielding the fiery dragon sword but with the trail effects of Sunrise, or Cobalt with the effects of Bolt. It would open up a whole new world of customization and be more of reason for people to collect more legendary weapons. Arena net would probably make more money, and players would have more options. Win/Win.

Not to mention, separating the effects from the skin itself would be very useful to WvW players who for example might like to wield a legendary but don't exactly want those footprints left behind. If the effects are separated, it would also be easy to turn off.

What do you think?

> @"Sparrow.5936" said:

> I think Guild Wars 2 has a lot of fantastic weapon designs, unfortunately when you work so hard to unlock a legendary , well ... you want to use it ! That puts a ton of other really quality weapon designs on the back burner. Well what if when you unlocked a legendary , you didn't just unlock the skin, but the effects that go along with it.

>

> Imagine wielding the fiery dragon sword but with the trail effects of Sunrise, or Cobalt with the effects of Bolt. It would open up a whole new world of customization and be more of reason for people to collect more legendary weapons. Arena net would probably make more money, and players would have more options. Win/Win.

>

> Not to mention, separating the effects from the skin itself would be very useful to WvW players who for example might like to wield a legendary but don't exactly want those footprints left behind. If the effects are separated, it would also be easy to turn off.

>

> What do you think?

This doesn't make too much sense.

There are many weapon skins in this game.

Some are crafted.

Some are rewards for achievements.

Some are rewards for collections.

Some are rare drops.

Some are purchased from the Gem Store or won via Black Lion Chests.

Some are purchased for large sums of gold off the TP.

They all follow the same principle. If I spend 600 gems on a weapon skin...I'm going to want to use it, and it equally pushes all other weapon skins "on the back burner".

People are capable of making a choice, and that is part of life.

You choose to craft a legendary because you like the skin. If there are other skins you would want to use, then don't craft the legendary; or do so for stat selection, then reskin.

I have 4 characters that use a Greatsword, but only 1 of them uses Sunrise - the other 3 all use different skins more suitable to their overall style and look.

No changes are needed here.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> This doesn't make too much sense.

>

> There are many weapon skins in this game.

>

> Some are crafted.

> Some are rewards for achievements.

> Some are rewards for collections.

> Some are rare drops.

> Some are purchased from the Gem Store or won via Black Lion Chests.

> Some are purchased for large sums of gold off the TP.

>

> They all follow the same principle. If I spend 600 gems on a weapon skin...I'm going to want to use it, and it equally pushes all other weapon skins "on the back burner".

>

> People are capable of making a choice, and that is part of life.

>

> You choose to craft a legendary because you like the skin. If there are other skins you would want to use, then don't craft the legendary; or do so for stat selection, then reskin.

>

> I have 4 characters that use a Greatsword, but only 1 of them uses Sunrise - the other 3 all use different skins more suitable to their overall style and look.

>

> No changes are needed here.

>

To be perfectly honest.. you don't really make too much sense..

Why wouldn't you want more customization? !?!

Whether or not it's practical to include would be the argument. But, I don't value any feedback you provided. Maybe you just didn't understand what i was getting at.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> But whats the point of making a leggy if you cant shove it into people's faces to see?

That's exactly the point I was getting at, If you can put the particle effects on other weapon skins, you can shove any weapon you want in someone's face as a legendary without being restricted to only that one legendary skin. The possibilities are endless.