Lucent prices dropping

The price is adjusting to the value contained in the chests (which can be traded for) most likely and since almost no person in their right mind is interested in legendary runes/sigils, that's the only price point available.

Simply put: demand is droping at current prices.

When I was in Lion's Arch last night the event bar seemed to be pretty much the same place as it was the day before, the "local contribution" was 0 with 18 seconds to go on the timer.

I guess people have wised up and realised that this is another materials sink for very poor returns and when you couple that with the fact that the unlock is not really that attractive to many people then I'm not surprised that the prices are dropping.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> When I was in Lion's Arch last night the event bar seemed to be pretty much the same place as it was the day before, the "local contribution" was 0 with 18 seconds to go on the timer.

>

> I guess people have wised up and realised that this is another materials sink for very poor returns and when you couple that with the fact that the unlock is not really that attractive to many people then I'm not surprised that the prices are dropping.

I think the local contribution counter is bugged, it doesn't even update if you do contribute. The other factor is that the Festival of the Four Winds is going on at the same time.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> In a game where the Rare category doesn't drop and only drops 1 item that you need up to 300 of for a set would make anyone lose interest. Not to mention loot tables where the Rare and Very Rare categories has garbage in them that can be acquired at any time.

Not even sure what you're talking about here...are you referring to the Satchel of Loot that you get from turning in Lucents? If so, I don't think anyone really cares about those in the first place, just like nobody cared about the reward from the other two events community events before this one, all anyone wanted was the recipes unlocked, not what they got for contributing.

The use of legendary runes is limited without legendary gear.

Since most of the playerbase doesn't have legendary gear, crafting the runes, with their already enormous price and no other use besides changing stats/runetype, is just a waste of gold for a small amount of QoL.

I don't craft, so I sell all my ingredients - then buy what I want with gold. I had never heard of the lucent before, but they are piling up (bosses seem to always have some in their pockets when we kill them). The sale price is so low, I just send them to my bank. Will they be worth more later, I wonder?

Plus it isn't exactly obvious to figure out HOW to donate. Plus a fair amount of the achievement hunters got it during the mithril or vm donations.

Plus, in my case anyway, I sold my stash when prices went up.

And as someone else pointed out, this recipe isn't wanted by everyone.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I don't understand how to donate. I see all the crafters look like they take donations, but when I talk to the Artificer, he doesn't have an option to give him anything? :/

Select the buy some supplies option. It should be the first item that cost 10 lucent motes. Every 3 you buy gives you one of the bags. You can the 3 at a time as well.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> The use of legendary runes is limited without legendary gear.

> Since most of the playerbase doesn't have legendary gear, crafting the runes, with their already enormous price and no other use besides changing stats/runetype, is just a waste of gold for a small amount of QoL.

You know where my legendary runes are going? Right on my ascended gear. Because my legendary gear can already rune swap.

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > The use of legendary runes is limited without legendary gear.

> > Since most of the playerbase doesn't have legendary gear, crafting the runes, with their already enormous price and no other use besides changing stats/runetype, is just a waste of gold for a small amount of QoL.

>

> You know where my legendary runes are going? Right on my ascended gear. Because my legendary gear can already rune swap.

Hey, that's the same utility as a Endless Upgrade Extractor, just that the extractor is actually cheaper and can be used to extract other things like infusions.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > The use of legendary runes is limited without legendary gear.

> > > Since most of the playerbase doesn't have legendary gear, crafting the runes, with their already enormous price and no other use besides changing stats/runetype, is just a waste of gold for a small amount of QoL.

> >

> > You know where my legendary runes are going? Right on my ascended gear. Because my legendary gear can already rune swap.

>

> Hey, that's the same utility as a Endless Upgrade Extractor, just that the extractor is actually cheaper and can be used to extract other things like infusions.

If the prices for Runes are what I think they'll be, its likely that the Endless Upgrade Extractor is better in every way. That is until build templates make it into the game and using the EUE complicates the process for a fully specced out legendary character.

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > The use of legendary runes is limited without legendary gear.

> > > > Since most of the playerbase doesn't have legendary gear, crafting the runes, with their already enormous price and no other use besides changing stats/runetype, is just a waste of gold for a small amount of QoL.

> > >

> > > You know where my legendary runes are going? Right on my ascended gear. Because my legendary gear can already rune swap.

> >

> > Hey, that's the same utility as a Endless Upgrade Extractor, just that the extractor is actually cheaper and can be used to extract other things like infusions.

>

> If the prices for Runes are what I think they'll be, its likely that the Endless Upgrade Extractor is better in every way. That is until build templates make it into the game and using the EUE complicates the process for a fully specced out legendary character.

Yeah, build templates will be huge for fully decked out legendary characters.

Still, I don't think a large part of the community will craft legendary runes, as even with build templates, as long as the character doesn't have full legendary gear, it seems to be a huge hassle to use the runes:

1. Unslot them

2. change their stats

3. reslot them into the set again / into another ascended set

(I doubt build templates will be able to remove the runes from one ascended set, change them and insert them into another)

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> yeah, the design of Legendary runes needs to go back to the drawing board. Way overcosted for something without any special effects at all.

Thank goodness there are no effects attached to them! And yes, still overpriced for a mere 1-slot selection.

> @"AWSUMSAUCE.4372" said:

> Why are prices dropping constantly after the spike post-update?

Be glad they are. The Condensed Gifts of Might & Magic are the super expensive part here, so no need to waste a fortune on motes as well. You need 7,500 per Legendary Sigil.