Cooking 500 on the table - coming on Aug. 27th

Arden.7480

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gonna be annoying. Sounds like Ascended food will be stronger than current food, which means you'll have to find one poor sucker in raids that throws it out every time.

It sounds very obnoxious and counterproductive tbh, and the game didn't really need more powercreep.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > how much you wanna bet they forgot to add fishing like they said they were reserving for lvl 500 cooking

>

> Where did they say that?

I was wondering the same thing... would be a fun addition to the crafting system, but would it lead to players wanting special activities for every other crafting prof.

> @"Klypto.1703" said:

> Food is just a crutch and no one has ever rage whispered anyone saying they won a fight because of their food or lost a meta because they didn't eat their food either. It most surely will not add any power creep to pvp. Also if it requires tons of bloodstone dust and obsidian shards I have stacks on top of stacks of that kitten maybe I'll be able to get rid of most of it if it does.

Clearly you do not raid, many groups auto kick people running no/bad food.

Matthias CM is just everyone in the group does not run food. Food adds significant dps.

> @"yusayu.3629" said:

> This is gonna be annoying. Sounds like Ascended food will be stronger than current food, which means you'll have to find one poor sucker in raids that throws it out every time.

>

> It sounds very obnoxious and counterproductive tbh, and the game didn't really need more powercreep.

if adding wvw exp/ track, karma, gold, mf etc and buffing duration to 1h is stronger then sure it do sound like that since that is what the blog post spoke would get added.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Ah my favourite - Dragonite, deep fried in Airship Oil sprinkled with Auric Dust and settled on a smooth bed of Bloodstone

>

> Can't wait

How many times do I have to tell these ppl... "There are no culinary applications for bloodstone"

Sous Chef Seimur oxbone would be pleased with these ascended food crafts... Infact, he could be the one instigating this food revolution

But before consuming any ascended food yourself, stop and think about what happened to that grawl who did

X)

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> imagine if FOOD requires mithrillium to make

If I understood the live stream correctly, it will take Spiritwood. If you're the cook for your raiding party, I'd be asking them to pitch in. Also, will need 3 heat stones for the oven upgrade. Doubt I'll do much ascended cooking,, but the quest part of it sounds kinda fun.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > Am I the only one wanting a nice refreshing cup of bloodstone blended coffee to wash this all down?

>

> I just want to cook a nice soup made of fungus from "???" cave in Jahai...

Or.... Mix "congealed putrescence" and "orrian truffle" in a blender and spray some "glob of gloppy goop" and sprinkle some "pile of putrid essence" and serve it hot...

X)

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> > @"Klypto.1703" said:

> > Food is just a crutch and no one has ever rage whispered anyone saying they won a fight because of their food or lost a meta because they didn't eat their food either. It most surely will not add any power creep to pvp. Also if it requires tons of bloodstone dust and obsidian shards I have stacks on top of stacks of that kitten maybe I'll be able to get rid of most of it if it does.

>

> Clearly you do not raid, many groups auto kick people running no/bad food.

> Matthias CM is just everyone in the group does not run food. Food adds significant dps.

That right there is enough to make someone not even bother with raids lol. Plus my wvw food is probably worth more than their whole account.