Thieves Season 18

Xzagr.7956

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> Can we pls pls pls Show peoples Rating in forums... these mememe nerf mememe nerf getting completly out of control

thatd be great, unfortunately ppl wouldnt just ignore the low rating comments, they'd make fun of em, and anet will never allow this to happen.

you can add ppl to friend and check their rating tho

Ive been playing condi D/D for over a year now. nothings really changed except for how everybodys starting to see what I saw in condi thief. I used to get laughed at. Now all i hear is "condi theef OP" "nerf theef now!" Makes me happy on one side. But sad on the other because everybodys using it and im having to try new changes to my build to try and counter them :(

So I understand the frustration now in a way. No need to nerf tho. Its still very weak compared to other classes. You just have to approach fighting them differently then most.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > Remove the immob, add a chunk of cripple and a blind. Done.

>

> if they did this, and undid the pistol whip nerf (evaded at beginning of cast) then I think I could be happy with it.

I'm assuming they meant add blind instead of and blind. If blind was swapped for the immobilize ud still have the time frame to whip etc.

> @"rowdy.5107" said:

> Ive been playing condi D/D for over a year now. nothings really changed except for how everybodys starting to see what I saw in condi thief. I used to get laughed at. Now all i hear is "condi theef OP" "nerf theef now!" Makes me happy on one side. But sad on the other because everybodys using it and im having to try new changes to my build to try and counter them :(

> So I understand the frustration now in a way. No need to nerf tho. Its still very weak compared to other classes. You just have to approach fighting them differently then most.

Agreed. Please don't nerf. Some edits, sure. but nerfing no. I finally feel like I can contribute to group events with a thief as well as not have to run from larger mobs when playing alone.

> @"rowdy.5107" said:

> Ive been playing condi D/D for over a year now. nothings really changed except for how everybodys starting to see what I saw in condi thief. I used to get laughed at. Now all i hear is "condi theef OP" "nerf theef now!" Makes me happy on one side. But sad on the other because everybodys using it and im having to try new changes to my build to try and counter them :(

> So I understand the frustration now in a way. No need to nerf tho. Its still very weak compared to other classes. You just have to approach fighting them differently then most.

I think it's a mix of the ability to apply poison more reliably with sword and staff in combo with lotus blossom in poison field (sb) a synergy that's good for game as the game needs more of. And to that when any class gets a slight buff/changes no matter to what degree if a player gets beat by said class or the see more players playing the class trying the changes leads to that class is now OP threads, ex ele and every other class after it got a change or slight buff lol itl die down soon.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > Can we pls pls pls Show peoples Rating in forums... these mememe nerf mememe nerf getting completly out of control

>

> thatd be great, unfortunately ppl wouldnt just ignore the low rating comments, they'd make fun of em, and anet will never allow this to happen.

>

> you can add ppl to friend and check their rating tho

I still Think that the top 100 should work out balance together with anet instead of forum meme, people like Rom, Sin, draz, boice, ...

But ... nothing really changed with the build? If youre playing something that isnt D/D condi thief, you get two stacks of poison every 5 seconds, which is really not relevant at all. Outside of that, its the same it always was, and it was always a gimmicky meme build that isnt any good.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> But ... nothing really changed with the build? If youre playing something that isnt D/D condi thief, you get two stacks of poison every 5 seconds, which is really not relevant at all. Outside of that, its the same it always was, and it was always a gimmicky meme build that isnt any good.

Agree ... next to the bug it is all about uncontrolled meme in this forum ...

> @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > Can we pls pls pls Show peoples Rating in forums... these mememe nerf mememe nerf getting completly out of control

> >

> > thatd be great, unfortunately ppl wouldnt just ignore the low rating comments, they'd make fun of em, and anet will never allow this to happen.

> >

> > you can add ppl to friend and check their rating tho

>

> I still Think that the top 100 should work out balance together with anet instead of forum meme, people like Rom, Sin, draz, boice, ...

It just won't happen, this subject has been discussed already, and tha casuals dont approve it.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > Can we pls pls pls Show peoples Rating in forums... these mememe nerf mememe nerf getting completly out of control

> > >

> > > thatd be great, unfortunately ppl wouldnt just ignore the low rating comments, they'd make fun of em, and anet will never allow this to happen.

> > >

> > > you can add ppl to friend and check their rating tho

> >

> > I still Think that the top 100 should work out balance together with anet instead of forum meme, people like Rom, Sin, draz, boice, ...

>

> It's just won't happen, this subject has been discussed already, and tha casuals dont approve it.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Yet u go into arena with it and a warrior will immobilize u and burst u to death in a literal second but that's totally fine lmao. Literally every class can do this as this is just the state of the game. I just did a match where a chrono was stunning,putting skills on CD and stripping ur health to zero in seconds. He literally destroyed everyone all match yet to chrono players their destroyed and weak lol. This game has gotten to the point where pvp is a crapshoot that is probably to far gone to be fixed which is a shame cuz combat mechanics are great. Thief and mesmer type classes are the easiest targets for OP cries cuz the stigma that they always carry with them but truth is every class has a spec equally as annoying and cheesey as any thief spec lol.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > > Can we pls pls pls Show peoples Rating in forums... these mememe nerf mememe nerf getting completly out of control

> > > >

> > > > thatd be great, unfortunately ppl wouldnt just ignore the low rating comments, they'd make fun of em, and anet will never allow this to happen.

> > > >

> > > > you can add ppl to friend and check their rating tho

> > >

> > > I still Think that the top 100 should work out balance together with anet instead of forum meme, people like Rom, Sin, draz, boice, ...

> >

> > It's just won't happen, this subject has been discussed already, and tha casuals dont approve it.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Yet u go into arena with it and a warrior will immobilize u and burst u to death in a literal second but that's totally fine lmao. Literally every class can do this as this is just the state of the game. I just did a match where a chrono was stunning,putting skills on CD and stripping ur health to zero in seconds. He literally destroyed everyone all match yet to chrono players their destroyed and weak lol. This game has gotten to the point where pvp is a crapshoot that is probably to far gone to be fixed which is a shame cuz combat mechanics are great. Thief and mesmer type classes are the easiest targets for OP cries cuz the stigma that they always carry with them but truth is every class has a spec equally as annoying and cheesey as any thief spec lol.

I agree that they have to balance dps/sustain. If your build doesnt have a shit ton o both you don't kill ppl and get nearly oneshot by every meta build.

This mesmer guy seems to be 300 rating higher than other players in this match, if I play a gold 1 match or below I can prolly explode everybody without being killed with any class.

Thief and mesmer get a lot of hate because they can deceive 3 ppl trying to kill them

Even if you talk about top 100 players and watch their streams, they see a lot of classes as ok considering the game state, they say the warrior is ok, prolly the most balanced build, with clear strenghts and flaws.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > > @"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:

> > > > > > Can we pls pls pls Show peoples Rating in forums... these mememe nerf mememe nerf getting completly out of control

> > > > >

> > > > > thatd be great, unfortunately ppl wouldnt just ignore the low rating comments, they'd make fun of em, and anet will never allow this to happen.

> > > > >

> > > > > you can add ppl to friend and check their rating tho

> > > >

> > > > I still Think that the top 100 should work out balance together with anet instead of forum meme, people like Rom, Sin, draz, boice, ...

> > >

> > > It's just won't happen, this subject has been discussed already, and tha casuals dont approve it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yet u go into arena with it and a warrior will immobilize u and burst u to death in a literal second but that's totally fine lmao. Literally every class can do this as this is just the state of the game. I just did a match where a chrono was stunning,putting skills on CD and stripping ur health to zero in seconds. He literally destroyed everyone all match yet to chrono players their destroyed and weak lol. This game has gotten to the point where pvp is a crapshoot that is probably to far gone to be fixed which is a shame cuz combat mechanics are great. Thief and mesmer type classes are the easiest targets for OP cries cuz the stigma that they always carry with them but truth is every class has a spec equally as annoying and cheesey as any thief spec lol.

>

> I agree that they have to balance dps/sustain. If your build doesnt have a kitten ton o both you don't kill ppl and get nearly oneshot by every meta build.

>

> This mesmer guy seems to be 300 rating higher than other players in this match, if I play a gold 1 match or below I can prolly explode everybody without being killed with any class.

>

> Thief and mesmer get a lot of hate because they can deceive 3 ppl trying to kill them

>

> Even if you talk about top 100 players and watch their streams, they see a lot of classes as ok considering the game state, they say the warrior is ok, prolly the most balanced build, with clear strenghts and flaws.

I agree totally. It's not any one class it's the direction the devs took the balance. The powercreep is insane across the board and not a one or few class issue, it's the game combat design wise as a whole that's the problem. Its burst or be burst in a matter of seconds and repeat.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > it's not really thief is the problem, how i see is the mechanic of condi is over OP in PvP now, as soon as you cleanse them another 50 stacks gets smacked right back on your head and kills you in 2 sec

> >

> > which i think it's not really a good, especially for those new to PvP, they wont learn much from a fight

>

> Please detail the mechanics that allow 50 stacks poison in 2 seconds.

sorry, but either you have failed to interpret my statement, or you are just trolling

the context here is the mechanic of condi in PvP in general, in mid node fights there isn't a lot you can do about condi because even if you cleanse it comes right back

condi should act as a hindrance, power should play the role of primary damage, but the way condi, balance and class designs evolved over the past few years, condi pretty much outplays power in almost every way

which goes back to OP's topic, in the old days the condi utilities had acted as supplement to annoy opponents, but these days you can go pure condi

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> it's not really thief is the problem, how i see is the mechanic of condi is over OP in PvP now, as soon as you cleanse them another 50 stacks gets smacked right back on your head and kills you in 2 sec

>

> which i think it's not really a good, especially for those new to PvP, they wont learn much from a fight

yes in 2s, sure. if you land power hit its there nothing takes it away, if you land condi it gets cleansed passively, then actively and then it has to go throught DoT so you have time to heal/regenerate. i remember landing 6 bleeds and 1 posion on warrior and his signet just healed throught the dots after couple of secounds. if that was power hit he would lose 20% hp instead and he would have to be more carefull of getting bursted down.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"rowdy.5107" said:

> > Ive been playing condi D/D for over a year now. nothings really changed except for how everybodys starting to see what I saw in condi thief. I used to get laughed at. Now all i hear is "condi theef OP" "nerf theef now!" Makes me happy on one side. But sad on the other because everybodys using it and im having to try new changes to my build to try and counter them :(

> > So I understand the frustration now in a way. No need to nerf tho. Its still very weak compared to other classes. You just have to approach fighting them differently then most.

>

> I think it's a mix of the ability to apply poison more reliably with sword and staff in combo with lotus blossom in poison field (sb) a synergy that's good for game as the game needs more of. And to that when any class gets a slight buff/changes no matter to what degree if a player gets beat by said class or the see more players playing the class trying the changes leads to that class is now OP threads, ex ele and every other class after it got a change or slight buff lol itl die down soon.

Agreed that those synergies help to make for a better game. I rarely see combo fields used to great effect. Builds that are able to take advantage of the same should not be punished for it.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > it's not really thief is the problem, how i see is the mechanic of condi is over OP in PvP now, as soon as you cleanse them another 50 stacks gets smacked right back on your head and kills you in 2 sec

> >

> > which i think it's not really a good, especially for those new to PvP, they wont learn much from a fight

>

> yes in 2s, sure. if you land power hit its there nothing takes it away, if you land condi it gets cleansed passively, then actively and then it has to go throught DoT so you have time to heal/regenerate. i remember landing 6 bleeds and 1 posion on warrior and his signet just healed throught the dots after couple of secounds. if that was power hit he would lose 20% hp instead and he would have to be more carefull of getting bursted down.

my context is in general, not limited to thief

for experience players they would know how to deal with massive amount of condis on them, but for new pvp players they have no clue how to deal with them because they just come so fast, constant, and kill them so fast

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > it's not really thief is the problem, how i see is the mechanic of condi is over OP in PvP now, as soon as you cleanse them another 50 stacks gets smacked right back on your head and kills you in 2 sec

> > >

> > > which i think it's not really a good, especially for those new to PvP, they wont learn much from a fight

> >

> > yes in 2s, sure. if you land power hit its there nothing takes it away, if you land condi it gets cleansed passively, then actively and then it has to go throught DoT so you have time to heal/regenerate. i remember landing 6 bleeds and 1 posion on warrior and his signet just healed throught the dots after couple of secounds. if that was power hit he would lose 20% hp instead and he would have to be more carefull of getting bursted down.

>

> my context is in general, not limited to thief

>

> for experience players they would know how to deal with massive amount of condis on them, but for new pvp players they have no clue how to deal with them because they just come so fast, constant, and kill them so fast

this is no different to s/d thief teleporting 2k range and taking half their health in 1/2s, deadeye 1shoting them from stealth, berserker arc diving them for 20k or reaper facetanking them and then booping them with spin for 25k.

> @"Xzagr.7956" said:

> Just gonna put this out there but is it just me or are thieves unbelievably overpowered atm. the new rework gave them alot of dodge and evades while applying alot of conditions making even the noobist of noobs do well without much skill or effort. a skilled thief is even more dangerous now to the point they can be unstoppable its like season 15 scourge all over again.

The thing has constant powerful condi application like mirage can be with a few tweaks and necro, they become just ridiculous. Problem is not themselves but it's when you get into a very very close match up they end up getting momentum and literally carry simply because your team do not have enough cleanse, nothing to do with skill whatsoever.. Also these meme builds get tweaked even more from the meta into more condi making them even more faceroll.. nobody wants this rubbish in pvp other than the ones getting carried up the ladder by dropping condi bombs, you can always tell when you finally get into a 1v1 with them and absolutely destroy them repeatedly with flawless rotations but then in the mid fight you get under 50% hp you can be sure as hell they are on you like horse flies dropping every thing they got. no counter play anymore

The situation for condie thief has become untenable in my opinion, the whole build is clearly as others have said extremelly easy to use and very effective with a little or no effort from the player that plays it. It is also highly counter productive to the health of pvp and its enjoyment. Can the majority of players playing pvp at the moment seriously admit they like facing something like this?

The bottom line is this though, does Anet want to draw in new pvp players and increase an already declining population in pvp? Or will they leave it as it is a meme build (or builds like it) which is seriously ruining the enjoyment of anyone new or old attempting to play pvp.

I still firmly belileve that gw2 pvp is the best that any mmo has to offer however when builds like this come to play you will consistently get new players that think to themselves....I either play the new current meme build because its busted/broken or just quit all together before they have even started.

Its a shame that the balance team do not see this as an issue. Alas i have long given up of any kind of consistent "balance" that pvp has to offer after 8 years of gw2.

> @"Poledra Val.1490" said:

> The situation for condie thief has become untenable in my opinion, the whole build is clearly as others have said extremelly easy to use and very effective with a little or no effort from the player that plays it. It is also highly counter productive to the health of pvp and its enjoyment. Can the majority of players playing pvp at the moment seriously admit they like facing something like this?

>

> The bottom line is this though, does Anet want to draw in new pvp players and increase an already declining population in pvp? Or will they leave it as it is a meme build (or builds like it) which is seriously ruining the enjoyment of anyone new or old attempting to play pvp.

>

> I still firmly belileve that gw2 pvp is the best that any mmo has to offer however when builds like this come to play you will consistently get new players that think to themselves....I either play the new current meme build because its busted/broken or just quit all together before they have even started.

>

> Its a shame that the balance team do not see this as an issue. Alas i have long given up of any kind of consistent "balance" that pvp has to offer after 8 years of gw2.

I'm in doubt that this condi thief is going to be the thing that drives them away from pvp.

They should replace immobile on sword 2 with either cripple, chill, or daze and the build will be nerfed effectively.

There are other condi builds that do take more skill to play.

Anything that takes less skill (effective regardless of player) is not more skillful with 2 more button presses, that's arguing which chimp was closer to playing moonlight sonata.

Some people will say all thief builds are cheese.

I don't find many of the power builds to be as effective in 1 v 1 as a condi build that is for sure.

But that is just my perspective.

A thief has mobility but it also has a resource pool shared across to weapon sets.

Thief should have damage and mobility. Not just mobility.

Every other class brings damage and something else, mobility is our something else.

Everyone should have the potential to 1 v 1.

People repeat the chorus "thief is not supposed to 1 v 1".

This is the result of casuals who refuse to learn.

Everything is so difficult.

You see, I know that under most cases as it is now, thief is not supposed to one v one by current design.

I went out of my way to learn how to beat other classes anyways.

I have to outplay them, outsmart them to get the win.

When literally I have 1 v 1 players who just randomly dodge.

Can you see the warrior reckless impact like any daredevil dodge? (it is also unblockable and I have been hit for 5k by it)

People have gotten complacent.

They don't want to think.

Suddenly there is a thief build that can go against other former god builds.

Is the s/d condi thief cheap? Yes.

It is because of the easy extra poison from panic strike (hyper-synergy of the weapon set) and that immobile condition also prevents dodging which allows them to hit you with lotus.

Now if you are condi p/d you can spam body shot and be beside them and lotus, but repetitively porting in and out is not an option. They will be in range or they can shadow strike and be out of range (reflects help here) and now they can not lotus you.

Dagger dagger condi has punishment frames in death blossom, and as we can see is not prevalent above silver 2, and niether is p/d outside of Saerni.

The traits only add under certain conditons or every 5 seconds for deadly ambition.

The problem set is s/d because it allows to much kiting and little counter play. The ability to keep immobilizing then zoing to safety is what makes this build cheese.

If you lose to a d/p condi, d/d condi, or p/d condi chances are they were your counter, you got outplayed, or you need to gitgud.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > @"Poledra Val.1490" said:

> > The situation for condie thief has become untenable in my opinion, the whole build is clearly as others have said extremelly easy to use and very effective with a little or no effort from the player that plays it. It is also highly counter productive to the health of pvp and its enjoyment. Can the majority of players playing pvp at the moment seriously admit they like facing something like this?

> >

> > The bottom line is this though, does Anet want to draw in new pvp players and increase an already declining population in pvp? Or will they leave it as it is a meme build (or builds like it) which is seriously ruining the enjoyment of anyone new or old attempting to play pvp.

> >

> > I still firmly belileve that gw2 pvp is the best that any mmo has to offer however when builds like this come to play you will consistently get new players that think to themselves....I either play the new current meme build because its busted/broken or just quit all together before they have even started.

> >

> > Its a shame that the balance team do not see this as an issue. Alas i have long given up of any kind of consistent "balance" that pvp has to offer after 8 years of gw2.

>

> I'm in doubt that this condi thief is going to be the thing that drives them away from pvp.

>

> They should replace immobile on sword 2 with either cripple, chill, or daze and the build will be nerfed effectively.

>

> There are other condi builds that do take more skill to play.

>

> Anything that takes less skill (effective regardless of player) is not more skillful with 2 more button presses, that's arguing which chimp was closer to playing moonlight sonata.

>

> Some people will say all thief builds are cheese.

>

> I don't find many of the power builds to be as effective in 1 v 1 as a condi build that is for sure.

>

> But that is just my perspective.

>

> A thief has mobility but it also has a resource pool shared across to weapon sets.

>

> Thief should have damage and mobility. Not just mobility.

>

> Every other class brings damage and something else, mobility is our something else.

>

> Everyone should have the potential to 1 v 1.

>

> People repeat the chorus "thief is not supposed to 1 v 1".

>

> This is the result of casuals who refuse to learn.

>

> Everything is so difficult.

>

> You see, I know that under most cases as it is now, thief is not supposed to one v one by current design.

>

> I went out of my way to learn how to beat other classes anyways.

>

> I have to outplay them, outsmart them to get the win.

>

> When literally I have 1 v 1 players who just randomly dodge.

>

> Can you see the warrior reckless impact like any daredevil dodge? (it is also unblockable and I have been hit for 5k by it)

>

> People have gotten complacent.

>

> They don't want to think.

>

> Suddenly there is a thief build that can go against other former god builds.

>

> Is the s/d condi thief cheap? Yes.

>

> It is because of the easy extra poison from panic strike (hyper-synergy of the weapon set) and that immobile condition also prevents dodging which allows them to hit you with lotus.

>

> Now if you are condi p/d you can spam body shot and be beside them and lotus, but repetitively porting in and out is not an option. They will be in range or they can shadow strike and be out of range (reflects help here) and now they can not lotus you.

>

> Dagger dagger condi has punishment frames in death blossom, and as we can see is not prevalent above silver 2, and niether is p/d outside of Saerni.

>

> The traits only add under certain conditons or every 5 seconds for deadly ambition.

>

> The problem set is s/d because it allows to much kiting and little counter play. The ability to keep immobilizing then zoing to safety is what makes this build cheese.

>

> If you lose to a d/p condi, d/d condi, or p/d condi chances are they were your counter, you got outplayed, or you need to gitgud.

>

>

tbh thief should be on average disatvantaged in duels. if you have superior mobility in theory you can walk into 1v1 and win on even ground, if you lose you can use superior mobility to escape, or if you are winning you can chase down due to superior mobility.

not saying thief should have unwinnable matchups, but due to low cd shortbow 5 and perma swiftness they actually need to have under 50% winrate in duels or this is problematic, expecially when they are good in mid fights due to aoe spam and daggerstorm.

I made lvl 1 thief ( never played it ) and made it to gold 3 with random buttom mushing, not saying gold 3 is any good but the fact is, its annoying, uninteractive, easy and effective.

P.S i dont even care if it gets nerfed.