Really anet, no spotify?

Of all the music streaming programs that exists, spotify is the most known and most used in the world.

and what do they do, use tidal, a streaming program that is all but known in the general public.

Many players including myself have asked it to be on Spotify, why they skip it is anyone's guess.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> Of all the music streaming programs that exists, spotify is the most known and most used in the world.

> and what do they do, use tidal, a streaming program that is all but known in the general public.

>

> Many players including myself have asked it to be on Spotify, why they skip it is anyone's guess.

Maybe there were deals, etc. Your post is really naive-sounding.

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > Of all the music streaming programs that exists, spotify is the most known and most used in the world.

> > and what do they do, use tidal, a streaming program that is all but known in the general public.

> >

> > Many players including myself have asked it to be on Spotify, why they skip it is anyone's guess.

>

> Maybe there were deals, etc. Your post is really naive-sounding.

It doesn't, spotify pays for every X amount of played track.

it's not naive when i am actually helping, spotify is known a hell lot more then others and popularity pays.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > Of all the music streaming programs that exists, spotify is the most known and most used in the world.

> > > and what do they do, use tidal, a streaming program that is all but known in the general public.

> > >

> > > Many players including myself have asked it to be on Spotify, why they skip it is anyone's guess.

> >

> > Maybe there were deals, etc. Your post is really naive-sounding.

>

> It doesn't, spotify pays for every X amount of played track.

> it's not naive when i am actually helping, spotify is known a hell lot more then others and popularity pays.

But you can still get it from Tidal.. right?

> @"Shocky.7356" said:

> ArenaNet too poor for spotify

>

> Spotify wants music with CONTENT

What does a monetary aspect have to do with a supposed lack of content? How can music "lack content"? It can lack _quality_, but that is definitely not the case with GW2's composers' work.

Also, I have not used Spotify in my life. I have hundreds of records and CDs in my household (if you know what those are), or I download stuff I like after purchasing it. Good music deserves being paid for. What do I need a streaming service for?

P.S. You can listen to the Guild Wars soundtracks for free elsewhere, by the way. Why are folks these days too lazy to use more than one source?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Shocky.7356" said:

> > ArenaNet too poor for spotify

> >

> > Spotify wants music with CONTENT

>

> What does a monetary aspect have to do with a supposed lack of content? How can music "lack content"? It can lack _quality_, but that is definitely not the case with GW2's composers' work.

>

> Also, I have not used Spotify in my life. I have hundreds of records and CDs in my household (if you know what those are), or I download stuff I like after purchasing it. Good music deserves being paid for. What do I need a streaming service for?

>

> P.S. You can listen to the Guild Wars soundtracks for free elsewhere, by the way. Why are folks these days too lazy to use more than one source?

Streaming is used for convenience.

> @"Garathorn the Brave.3162" said:

> I don't think there's a free account option on Tidal so you get clubbed with the monthly fee... which I'd rather spend on Gems :-)

Funny, I'm pretty sure during the announcement the marketing manager mentioned 3 months free, maybe that was just for the GW2 music though...and even though I've heard of Spotify I don't use it nor Pandora; I've heard of Tidal but don't use it either, nor Soundcloud...it's not like I can't hear the music in GW2 as it is.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Shocky.7356" said:

> >

>

> What does a monetary aspect have to do with a supposed lack of content? How can music "lack content"? It can lack _quality_, but that is definitely not the case with GW2's composers' work.

>

> Also, I have not used Spotify in my life. I have hundreds of records and CDs in my household (if you know what those are), or I download stuff I like after purchasing it. Good music deserves being paid for. What do I need a streaming service for?

>

> P.S. You can listen to the Guild Wars soundtracks for free elsewhere, by the way. Why are folks these days too lazy to use more than one source?

i pay for spotify premium, so i pay them for good quality music.

also, beside the point that spotify has a free option, tidal has no free option and costs exactly the same as spotify but is unknown by the general population.

so as i said, i am only trying to help them reach a wider population, earning them money in the long run.

• 10 months later...

> @"Shocky.7356" said:

> ArenaNet too poor for spotify

>

> Spotify wants music with CONTENT

The music is probably the richest content in this game, and isn't lacking in any way.

Which is suprising since most game companies just skip on music as many players dislike any kind of sound in video games and turn it off. I haven't played a game yet where the majority of the fanbase didn't use some nasty words to describe the music or sound effects, so investing in it seems to be a risk for any game company, and I'm glad ArenaNet does.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"Shocky.7356" said:

> >

>

> The music is probably the richest content in this game, and isn't lacking in any way.

>

> Which is suprising since most game companies just skip on music as many players dislike any kind of sound in video games and turn it off. I haven't played a game yet where the majority of the fanbase didn't use some nasty words to describe the music or sound effects, so investing in it seems to be a risk for any game company, and I'm glad ArenaNet does.

That's surprising to me, if anything my experience has been the opposite. I've seen a lot of people talk positively about the music in their favourite games, even buying soundtrack CDs or listening to them outside of the game. (I've done it myself, when I want background music without lyrics I often listen to Guild Wars or Elder Scrolls soundtracks.) A friend of mine even had orchestral arrangements of some video game songs played at her wedding.

I've known some people who didn't care or prefered to listen to something else while playing certain games, but even then they seem indifferent rather than actually disliking it.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > @"Shocky.7356" said:

> > > ArenaNet too poor for spotify

> > >

> > > Spotify wants music with CONTENT

> >

> > The music is probably the richest content in this game, and isn't lacking in any way.

> >

> > Which is suprising since most game companies just skip on music as many players dislike any kind of sound in video games and turn it off. I haven't played a game yet where the majority of the fanbase didn't use some nasty words to describe the music or sound effects, so investing in it seems to be a risk for any game company, and I'm glad ArenaNet does.

>

> That's surprising to me, if anything my experience has been the opposite. I've seen a lot of people talk positively about the music in their favourite games, even buying soundtrack CDs or listening to them outside of the game. (I've done it myself, when I want background music without lyrics I often listen to Guild Wars or Elder Scrolls soundtracks.) A friend of mine even had orchestral arrangements of some video game songs played at her wedding.

>

> I've known some people who didn't care or prefered to listen to something else while playing certain games, but even then they seem indifferent rather than actually disliking it.

Ahh, time to go listen to morrowind theme song.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Tseng.3761" said:

> > HoT, PoF, LW Season 2 - 4 are on Spotify (In the US). Would love to see Guild Wars 1 OSTs and Original GW up there as well.

>

> I think that might be difficult considering those were Jeremy Soule's work

Why? Jeremy Soule also did Skyrim and Oblivion and those are on Spotify...