Turning Living Story into Mini Raids is just Genius

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > >

> > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> >

> > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

>

> No, we did not want LW changed at all.

Didn't we? I must have missed the memo.

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> LW isnt changed. Strike Missions is a seperate thing were you together with 9 other players get to fight the last story boss, only this time its harder - its supposed to be a bridge to raiding.

Thank you a million times for clarifying this. I was having a mini seizure thinking it would now be group content which would suck when the map dies as they all do.

As long as I can still solo at least my first playthrough of the story, I guess I don't mind.

This wont make me like raids though and part of what I don't want is to be organised with 9 other people, so probably wont do this either.

Calling it genious, might be a stretch if you ask me.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

>

> You say that like it's a bad thing. Isn't one of the laments found of the forums that the Devs don't listen and implement player feedback/requests?

No its an excellent thing. Not sure why u read otherwse

> @"autumn.5203" said:

> > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

>

> > LW isnt changed. Strike Missions is a seperate thing were you together with 9 other players get to fight the last story boss, only this time its harder - its supposed to be a bridge to raiding.

> Thank you a million times for clarifying this. I was having a mini seizure thinking it would now be group content which would suck when the map dies as they all do.

>

Same here (well, not a seizure as I had just taken my meds for that), I already hate the final fights they give us because they always seem to be of the 'flash everything means good' school of design.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > >

> > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> >

> > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

>

> No, we did not want LW changed at all.

Plus don't use "we" as if you are speaking for an entire section of the player base.

This PVE'er very much wanted this content.

Changes to LW are very welcome at this point.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > I don't see how the fight with Zhaitan would work without a clean slate overhaul. Currently, it's a mechanical fight. More arcade than combat.

> It's pressing F to fire a laser.

> It's neither mechanical, nor a fight.

>

I have a mechanical keyboard

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> > >

> > > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

> >

> > No, we did not want LW changed at all.

>

> Plus don't use "we" as if you are speaking for an entire section of the player base.

> This PVE'er very much wanted this content.

> Changes to LW are very welcome at this point.

So I would in turn thank the people in this thread who are saying people wanted this that they do not speak for me either.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > Its pretty much what the community have been asking for for years now. So yes, great idea, but one plucked from repeated requests.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe the raid community but not the casuals and PVEers, which are a larger group.

> > > >

> > > > I think the casuals and PvErs were asking for easy mode or story mode versions of raids, which technically this is, just in reverse.

> > >

> > > No, we did not want LW changed at all.

> >

> > Plus don't use "we" as if you are speaking for an entire section of the player base.

> > This PVE'er very much wanted this content.

> > Changes to LW are very welcome at this point.

>

> So I would in turn thank the people in this thread who are saying people wanted this that they do not speak for me either.

Saying "people were asking for this" is not the same as saying "we did not ask for this" in which using 'we' to mean an entire category of players.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> Turning Living Story into Mini Raids is just Genius . Good job on whoever came up with this. This would make Living Story instances more enjoyable to be run many times after.

>

> its talked about on the reddit but here a pic for discussion here.

> ![](https://i.redd.it/boc82p2rslk31.jpg "")

I totally agree. Sounds like a lot more fun than actual raids. :+1: I will save my final judgment for later, though, after we have gotten to test this concept. :)

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Reminder: Migraine exists. This is nothing new, it didn't work with Migraine and it's unlikely to work with this if the rewards aren't worth it.

Still migraine aint really the same for 1 the rewards are 1 and done.

If it were repetable I think more people would do it to get easy ascended amulets for alts.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"autumn.5203" said:

> > > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> >

> > > LW isnt changed. Strike Missions is a seperate thing were you together with 9 other players get to fight the last story boss, only this time its harder - its supposed to be a bridge to raiding.

> > Thank you a million times for clarifying this. I was having a mini seizure thinking it would now be group content which would suck when the map dies as they all do.

> >

>

> Same here (well, not a seizure as I had just taken my meds for that), I already hate the final fights they give us because they always seem to be of the 'flash everything means good' school of design.

Yep. And of course, covering everywhere with unavoidable damage is a must too. Along with bouncing us around like ragdolls .

> @"autumn.5203" said:

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > > @"autumn.5203" said:

> > > > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > >

> > > > LW isnt changed. Strike Missions is a seperate thing were you together with 9 other players get to fight the last story boss, only this time its harder - its supposed to be a bridge to raiding.

> > > Thank you a million times for clarifying this. I was having a mini seizure thinking it would now be group content which would suck when the map dies as they all do.

> > >

> >

> > Same here (well, not a seizure as I had just taken my meds for that), I already hate the final fights they give us because they always seem to be of the 'flash everything means good' school of design.

>

> Yep. And of course, covering everywhere with unavoidable damage is a must too. Along with bouncing us around like ragdolls .

What damage is unavoidable?

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Reminder: Migraine exists. This is nothing new, it didn't work with Migraine and it's unlikely to work with this if the rewards aren't worth it.

Migraine wasnt intented to be repeatable and it left a bad taste in ppl's mouths for doff reasons, most notably, its bugs.

Plus we are compairing what was non scaleable 5 man content to what (i hope will be) non scalable 10 man (tho it says up to 10 so i assume it scales).