Reviving dead characters

yann.1946

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

More likely they ended up as rotting walking corpses in the service of Zhaitan and some random player killed and jumped on them for laughs.

Just saying.

Well, at least Forgal and Seran, those fools probably died in minutes. Tybalt however is probably the leader and is secretly plotting his return at the head of an army of undead. And they want **your** apples.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

> More likely they ended up as rotting walking corpses in the service of Zhaitan and some random player killed and jumped on them for laughs.

>

> Just saying.

>

> Well, at least Forgal and Seran, those fools probably died in minutes. Tybalt however is probably the leader and is secretly plotting his return at the head of an army of undead. And they want **your** apples.

As fun as that would be, I doubt that's the case. If our mentor died, their remains would have been corrupted (sans the sylvari mentor) and their knowledge leaked to Zhaitan. During the assassination attempts on Traehearne and the Commander, don't you find it weird that Zhaitan used corrupted corpses of former friends and acquaintances, but never our order mentor?

I reckon our mentor either escaped, or died in a way that never left a body (thereby avoiding corruption).

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

> > More likely they ended up as rotting walking corpses in the service of Zhaitan and some random player killed and jumped on them for laughs.

> >

> > Just saying.

> >

> > Well, at least Forgal and Seran, those fools probably died in minutes. Tybalt however is probably the leader and is secretly plotting his return at the head of an army of undead. And they want **your** apples.

>

> As fun as that would be, I doubt that's the case. If our mentor died, their remains would have been corrupted and their knowledge leaked to Zhaitan. During the assassination attempts on Traehearne and the Commander, don't you find it weird that Zhaitan used corrupted corpses of former friends and acquaintances, but never our order mentor?

>

> I reckon our mentor either escaped, or died in a way that never left a body (thereby avoiding corruption).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Tybalt

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Forgal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Sieran

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

> > > More likely they ended up as rotting walking corpses in the service of Zhaitan and some random player killed and jumped on them for laughs.

> > >

> > > Just saying.

> > >

> > > Well, at least Forgal and Seran, those fools probably died in minutes. Tybalt however is probably the leader and is secretly plotting his return at the head of an army of undead. And they want **your** apples.

> >

> > As fun as that would be, I doubt that's the case. If our mentor died, their remains would have been corrupted and their knowledge leaked to Zhaitan. During the assassination attempts on Traehearne and the Commander, don't you find it weird that Zhaitan used corrupted corpses of former friends and acquaintances, but never our order mentor?

> >

> > I reckon our mentor either escaped, or died in a way that never left a body (thereby avoiding corruption).

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Tybalt

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Forgal

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Sieran

I mean, the risen NPC's say nothing that couldn't have been known by any of the order NPC's you see up to and including the level 60 story. :#

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

> > > > More likely they ended up as rotting walking corpses in the service of Zhaitan and some random player killed and jumped on them for laughs.

> > > >

> > > > Just saying.

> > > >

> > > > Well, at least Forgal and Seran, those fools probably died in minutes. Tybalt however is probably the leader and is secretly plotting his return at the head of an army of undead. And they want **your** apples.

> > >

> > > As fun as that would be, I doubt that's the case. If our mentor died, their remains would have been corrupted and their knowledge leaked to Zhaitan. During the assassination attempts on Traehearne and the Commander, don't you find it weird that Zhaitan used corrupted corpses of former friends and acquaintances, but never our order mentor?

> > >

> > > I reckon our mentor either escaped, or died in a way that never left a body (thereby avoiding corruption).

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Tybalt

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Forgal

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_the_Risen_commander_to_avenge_Sieran

>

> I mean, the risen NPC's say nothing that couldn't have been known by any of the order NPC's you see up to and including the level 60 story. :#

Sure but the fact that they are the same race as your mentor could mean something.

Sierran ofcourse can't be risen. Nut in my head anon these are the mentors

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Forgal/Seran/Tybalt. Their deaths were dumb, pointless and we never saw the body - so who knows, maybe they survived claw island and somehow ended up stranded somewhere on the scavanger coast surrounded by apple trees.

Zhaitan automatically 'learned' everything that a risen corpse knew in life.

Zhaitan attacks your 'base' after claw island because he 'somehow' learnt about what was being plotted.

I think it's safe to assume he got his info from the risen corpse of your 'mentor'

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I think a good question is that given there is only one PACT commander and each of our characters exist in their own universe of sorts; why haven't we seen the living mentors for the orders we didn't choose? If we chose the Order of Whispers then Forgal and Sieran should still be alive.

They died due to mysterious circumstances..... which is how the Mist Stranger outfit showed up.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > I think a good question is that given there is only one PACT commander and each of our characters exist in their own universe of sorts; why haven't we seen the living mentors for the orders we didn't choose? If we chose the Order of Whispers then Forgal and Sieran should still be alive.

>

> They died due to mysterious circumstances..... which is how the Mist Stranger outfit showed up.

Hmm, ok. I must have missed that. I'll have to look that up.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> Demolitionist Tonn, because I want Ceera to stop guilting me every time I walk near her.

Oh this. Their story was the one that pulled my heartstrings during the vanilla story.

Tonn really loved ceera since he won't stop talking about her. Then he died, we told ceera what happened, her response:

"the war can go on without Tonn, but I can't"

damn you ceera!!!

Also the way the VA delivered the lines, you can feel the sadness and anger of ceera during the whole encounter.

> @"aceofbass.2163" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > Demolitionist Tonn, because I want Ceera to stop guilting me every time I walk near her.

>

> Oh this. Their story was the one that pulled my heartstrings during the vanilla story.

> Tonn really loved ceera since he won't stop talking about her. Then he died, we told ceera what happened, her response:

> "the war can go on without Tonn, but I can't"

>

> kitten you ceera!!!

>

> Also the way the VA delivered the lines, you can feel the sadness and anger of ceera during the whole encounter.

I will never choose that section of the personal story every again. So many emotions.