Arden.7480

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Acheron.4731" said:

> > > continued living world episodes without expansion is just maintenance-mode repackaged

> >

> > You're exaggerating. There is so much more work involved in creating LW episodes. However, the spoon-feeding of one episode per so-and-so months really isn't pleasant compared to receiving an expansion package where you have the whole experience of a new story chapter at once. Those long pauses in story-telling do influence the experience negatively.

>

> Yeah, the LW seasons give new stories, and new lands. Unless there is a major change (like adding the concept of mounts, or a new profession), there is not much need for an expansion. Because the mechanics are in the game, they can now add new gliders, or new mounts within the LW season. The seasons are very like expansions.

You completely disregarded what ash said about lw being spoonfed vs expansions being the whole package on day 1, thats huge.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Personally, I find this to be premature since only the prologue has been released.

>

> It is not premature to talk about future content, to be honest. You can rest assured that "What comes after?" is already being addressed and planned/laid out, or it won't get done in time. They just refuse to tell us, yet. Criticism of "Oh no, no expansion after this season?!" is the only thing being premature, because we don't know how well their current format will fare.

Understood. My point, though, is that the latest content isn't even a month old and already there is speculation on what is next. It seems that players are continuing to burn through content without really enjoying it.

Far too soon to be talking about what comes after a Saga we haven't even had the first official episode for yet.

My only big hope for Icebrood Saga is that no dragons die in it.

I don't want Jormag to be introduced and killed in the same saga/living world season, that's way to short for my liking.

I'm hoping that Icebrood Saga ends up with a big cliffhanger ending that comes out of nowhere.

Not so much a big character death or anything like that but I do want it to end with a big OH KITTEN!! we are so screwed!!! moment.

Like Jormag hitting the screw you I win button and just obliterating our morale by revealing it's full power and showing that we never stood a chance and that it's been toying with us this whole time or something.

That would be an epic way to showcase how devious and manipulative this Dragon is.

After Icebrood though.. i'm not going to bet on an expansion unless there is one secretly in the works right now which nobody but Anet devs would know about.. so until there is a remote hint at that or even a baseless rumour from a credible source then i'm going to bet on another livingworld/saga after Icebrood and it will be that livingworld/saga that will setup the next expansion.. and it would be a very.. VERY! bad decision on Anet's part if an expansion doesn't come after the next season and I'd expact a lot of people would be pretty fed up by that point if there wasn't one confirmed.

4 years of living world is just far too long without an expansion.. specially when so many of us are already desperate for the next one.

But for now at least we have the Icebrood Saga to look forward to :)

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > > @"Acheron.4731" said:

> > > continued living world episodes without expansion is just maintenance-mode repackaged

> >

> > Hmm...Depends on what they put into the living world episodes.

> More gemshop purchases.

>

Saga of the Black Lion!

I beat the Icebrood Saga Prologue Storyline for that chapter. Just the storyline. I haven't beaten everything on the map and probably won't succeed as I'm pursuing other goals in the game. But I am wondering when the next few chapters come out or whether if I'll have to buy it as a pack to continue the story.

I do like that at first.... it seems centered around the Char's sad attempt at suing for peace. Than you have that one villain at the end that is in it for himself and just wants more power and that after fighting 2 dragons and a god from the previous expansions. The idiot char antagonist is going to die because he doesn't understand that you can't bargain or reason with an elder dragon. Because he obviously never fought Zhaitan or Mordemoth. He's just some warmongering idiot thinking about coming out on top with the most glory and the toys for bragging rights.

He doesn't realize that Jormag will just add him as another meat shield to his collection of the Icebrood. The more bodies added to get the numbers up on an already large army.

I honestly figured that Tyria would be stretched thin with it's death toll from all the wars it's been having since the fight with the dragons and Baltazar. Not to mention that but the conflicts in some of the regions according to the lore. These villains or antagonists are responsible for mass genocide and still Tyria keeps coming out on top.

You figure at least one of the dragons will succeed in causing a successful apocalypse.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> I think that Season will end with Jormag attacking Hoelbrak and I think the whole "script" for the Saga was showed in its trailer. :)

>

> @"Teratus.2859"

I'd like to see something like that but I don't think Anet would be willing to have one of the major starter cities go through a battle at LA kind of event tbh..

I think it would absolutely be possible to do though without effecting the actual town map, it could be instanced like battle at LA where you start outside the map and go in with a squad kinda thing on a timer.

They may also be able to do a few client side changes for players who have completed said event, a few destroyed or damaged buildings etc dotted around which would only be viewable for players at that point in the story, similar to how Jormags fang only has an arrow in it for players who have seen the cutscene.

I think minor changes like that are absolutely worth doing and bring a lot of immersion to the world without effecting anyone elses experience.

It would also allow immersive damage like that to be repairable over time so in a future release those small details could be removed as if the town had been repaired.

If Anet had been able to do this back in living world 1 it could have been a huge benefit for Kessex Hills :) to give a good example.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> I think that Season will end with Jormag attacking Hoelbrak and I think the whole "script" for the Saga was showed in its trailer. :)

>

> @"Teratus.2859"

What was shown in the trailer was the Norn moving north to reclaim their _actual_ homelands which were taken by Jormag a long time ago. Whether they are refugees once more who are fleeing their current homes was unclear by what was shown.

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> The Sunbrood Saga

>

> Relax on the beach and drink martinis with little umbrellas in them.

> Destroy castles built by the Sand Legion.

> Defeat the seventh and most powerful Elder Dragon, the Inflatable Dragon.

> Something something Inquest.

New gemstore items: bathing suits, special dives to use with diving goggles.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > > > @"Acheron.4731" said:

> > > > continued living world episodes without expansion is just maintenance-mode repackaged

> > >

> > > Hmm...Depends on what they put into the living world episodes.

> > More gemshop purchases.

> >

>

> Saga of the Black Lion!

Sounds like a true tragedy

_tragedy_ - a story dealing with tragic events and having an unhappy ending