New Hairstyles Soon?™

Chasind.3128

New hairstyles, new faces, new horns (even if retextures), tattoos, ears... but no... instead we get Pepegasus and spellforged outfits.

I guess it's a monetisation issue here, and the customization system needs a few changes like making all "vanilla" options availabe through in game gold, and new ones for about 200 gems each, or make them like mount licenses if you're so inclined to reach our pockets (not defending this model)... but more customization options are of great importance to a great number of players, me included.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Regh.8649" said:

> New hairstyles, new faces, new horns (even if retextures), tattoos, ears... but no... instead we get Pepegasus and spellforged outfits.

> I guess it's a monetisation issue here, and the customization system needs a few changes like making all "vanilla" options availabe through in game gold, and new ones for about 200 gems each, or make them like mount licenses if you're so inclined to reach our pockets (not defending this model)... but more customization options are of great importance to a great number of players, me included.

Aye, if it is a money incentive for the overlords NCSOFT, then gem unlocks for the new hair styles could be implemented.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

That violates the [CoC](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/342/forum-moderation-and-infraction-system).

>

>

This is an extract of that forum CoC link:

Examples of Content that May Receive a Notice:

**Duplicate posts**

Posts that quote removed content

**Necro-posts** _(comments in an obsolete thread)_

Posts that are off-topic, derailing, "bumps," etc.

By that rule even searching and posting on a necro thread with the same discustion as a new one it's **VIOLATING** the CoC.

So either creating new one or reviving old one is bad.

Kitten bullkitten!!! If either way is bad I rather see new threads with the same discussion no matter how many redundant is that.

Exactly. When a bump of an old thread or the creation of a new thread with the same topic that adds nothing new to the discussion, then it shouldn't be posted. That's my take. Practically everything on topic in this thread has already been said before. There is nothing new here.

I think the best analogyto use for this is a woodpecker. Does it stop pecking after its first peck? No, it keeps pecking till it gets what it came there for.

The same thing can be said about requests, you keep asking and eventually the other provides. If that thread is left to die, which is what you seem to be suggesting, then this would never come to be, as ANET would then believe there is no interest in new hairs for GW2 (since there are no new posts about it).

I do not believe I have posted on the forums requesting for new hairs before, so that is showing a new interest. You can look at it in many ways.

I don't quite want to go down the route i took with the Shrine Guardian Ears again though (that was like a serious marketing campaign from my behalf!).

And still templates are kitten as kitten. Then we shouldn't even complain that game is not improving after we complained once and got ignored? The world would be very different and worse if people don't keep demaning changes.

On topic, I like RPG games and MMOs most of because I can make my own story, with my own character personalized at my taste, therefore I want the games I play to improve their customizations. I approve any thread that keeps asking for it. Hope we get some new nice customizations soon(longer hairs for both genders plssss).

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Exactly. When a bump of an old thread or the creation of a new thread with the same topic that adds nothing new to the discussion, then it shouldn't be posted. That's my take. Practically everything on topic in this thread has already been said before. There is nothing new here.

If that is the case, i wonder, have you been to all the repeats of that thread and said the exact same thing in everyone of them? Nothing new indeed.

I find you in all these threads saying the same thing about anets rules that should be enforced by moderators, not you. So tell us why do you so adamantly try to lessen anets moderators workload? Also, has it ever worked?

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Exactly. When a bump of an old thread or the creation of a new thread with the same topic that adds nothing new to the discussion, then it shouldn't be posted. That's my take. Practically everything on topic in this thread has already been said before. There is nothing new here.

>

> If that is the case, i wonder, have you been to all the repeats of that thread and said the exact same thing in everyone of them? Nothing new indeed.

> I find you in all these threads saying the same thing about anets rules that should be enforced by moderators, not you. So tell us why do you so adamantly try to lessen anets moderators workload? Also, has it ever worked?

Apparently, yes. This thread has been merged as it should have been to begin with.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Exactly. When a bump of an old thread or the creation of a new thread with the same topic that adds nothing new to the discussion, then it shouldn't be posted. That's my take. Practically everything on topic in this thread has already been said before. There is nothing new here.

>

> If that is the case, i wonder, have you been to all the repeats of that thread and said the exact same thing in everyone of them? Nothing new indeed.

> I find you in all these threads saying the same thing about anets rules that should be enforced by moderators, not you. So tell us why do you so adamantly try to lessen anets moderators workload? Also, has it ever worked?

She doesn't do it for every repeat thread like there's 3 roller beetle new mount skin on front page. But if it's about a topic she doesn't like or w/e like bots or make one about adding fishing to GW2 and she will be all over that.

Yes please, please!!!

New Hairstyles, always more!

I really want my male human to have a Mad Max-like hairstyle (Mel Gibson) with the white wisps on the side, similar to Doctor Strange. I'm dying for a hairstyle like that D:

And yes more stuff for everyone!!!

I'd definitely like to see some more hairstyles that aren't either anime or masses of dreads or ponytails. While we're at it though, and slightly off topic, can we also fix the human faces? Especially the male ones? The vast majority of them look like something you get when hitting "Random" in the Oblivion character creator.

> @"Jagblade.4627" said:

> masses of dreads or ponytails

would love a simple ponytail though.. but yeah i dont wanna see more dreads (we got a lot with the elonian styles that came with PoF) or 1-side shaved hairstyles.

more simple hairstyles would do, either long or short, for either gender and for all applicable races

> @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > @"Jagblade.4627" said:

> > masses of dreads or ponytails

>

> would love a simple ponytail though.. but yeah i dont wanna see more dreads (we got a lot with the elonian styles that came with PoF) or 1-side shaved hairstyles.

>

> more simple hairstyles would do, either long or short, for either gender and for all applicable races

>

>

none of them are dreads, they are braids.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Astyrah.4015" said:

> > > @"Jagblade.4627" said:

> > > masses of dreads or ponytails

> >

> > would love a simple ponytail though.. but yeah i dont wanna see more dreads (we got a lot with the elonian styles that came with PoF) or 1-side shaved hairstyles.

> >

> > more simple hairstyles would do, either long or short, for either gender and for all applicable races

> >

> >

>

> none of them are dreads, they are braids.

dreadlocks are braids.

[https://google.com/search?q=define+dreadlocks](https://www.google.com/search?q=define+dreadlocks)

I think the only way they can make a profit from new hairstyles is to change the current system.

1.) You can unlock hairstyles with gems. Once unlocked you can use them on any character and change the color whenever you want like an outfit.

2.) Current style kits continue to work; however, they only allow you to access the current hair styles. There is a TAB for the new exclusive hairstyles you can buy with gems.

I know to many people with stacks of style change kits. I would buy some of the new exclusive ones; heck, I would even buy my favorite current one to bypass the current system and use an outfit type tab. This means profit they are not getting now.

> @"Josiah.2967" said:

> I think the only way they can make a profit from new hairstyles is to change the current system.

>

> 1.) You can unlock hairstyles with gems. Once unlocked you can use them on any character and change the color whenever you want like an outfit.

> 2.) Current style kits continue to work; however, they only allow you to access the current hair styles. There is a TAB for the new exclusive hairstyles you can buy with gems.

>

> I know to many people with stacks of style change kits. I would buy some of the new exclusive ones; heck, I would even buy my favorite current one to bypass the current system and use an outfit type tab. This means profit they are not getting now.

Of course they stack them, not like there is any use for them. When you have what you want and there is nothing new, there is no point in wasting them.

So, if they implement your suggestion, do i get 250 gems per kit removed?

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > I think the only way they can make a profit from new hairstyles is to change the current system.

> >

> > 1.) You can unlock hairstyles with gems. Once unlocked you can use them on any character and change the color whenever you want like an outfit.

> > 2.) Current style kits continue to work; however, they only allow you to access the current hair styles. There is a TAB for the new exclusive hairstyles you can buy with gems.

> >

> > I know to many people with stacks of style change kits. I would buy some of the new exclusive ones; heck, I would even buy my favorite current one to bypass the current system and use an outfit type tab. This means profit they are not getting now.

>

> Of course they stack them, not like there is any use for them. When you have what you want and there is nothing new, there is no point in wasting them.

> So, if they implement your suggestion, do i get 250 gems per kit removed?

They are not removed. You lose nothing. They function the exact same way as when you bought them, with the exact same options as when you purchased/acquired them.

The unlock system requires you pay per hairstyle. New hairstyles will be exclusive to the unlock system, which is similar outfits.