Gw2 placed 163rd on the most watched games of 2019 (twitch)

zealex.9410

GW2 placed:

2019 - 163

2018 - 143

2017 - 117 (PoF)

2016 - 103

2019 and one year change:

WoW - 7 (up by 2)

Minecraft - 12 (up by 12)

PoE - 19 (down by 2)

BDO - 40 (down by 3)

FF14 - 41 (up by 34)

ESO - 48 (up by 30)

Star Citizen - 96 (up by 59)

Whats interesting is the amount of growth mmos have seen over this year, for a scene thats traditionally not "twitch friendly" they hold pretty decent spots.

Obligatory [i dont watch streamers id rather play myself. I dont get why anyone would want to watch people play video games lmao. twitch success doesnt mean the game is successful. anet knows where their money for marketing is better spent. twitch culture is toxic and anet is smart to stay away from it. I sometimes watch gw2 streams but only right after a balance patch. If i wanted to watch an mmo stream id probably watch wow.] response.

That seems pretty good for an old. visually messy game considering the sheer volume of games that come out every month

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Obligatory [i dont watch streamers id rather play myself. I dont get why anyone would want to watch people play video games lmao. twitch success doesnt mean the game is successful. anet knows where their money for marketing is better spent. twitch culture is toxic and anet is smart to stay away from it. I sometimes watch gw2 streams but only right after a balance patch. If i wanted to watch an mmo stream id probably watch wow.] response.

No different really from watching a real sport. I sometimes watch Rocket League players esport games and it's hugely entertaining seeing what skilled players can do versus my mediocre abilities. Certainly more entratining than watching a bunch of overpaid, whiney, cheating footballers run around a pitch

Problem with GW2 is I can barely see what is going on in my screen let alone viewing someone elses!! The devs long since gave up on the visual noise issue and now throw everything they can to clutter the screen up

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I am mostly curious as to why ESO is so popular in comparison. Last I checked the PvE was dreadfully boring to watch and PvP was janky as hell. But I suppose the massive ES community helps with that.

Combination of twitch centric marketing as well as passive viewers.