Does any DE use One in the Chamber or Collateral Damage?

Curennos.9307

The two other minor traits. Does anyone use them? I've been using Malicious Intent for ages. The other two trait tiers have some nice options, but these two seem dead in the water.

Maybe Collateral damage could pulse its AoE blind whenever you hit with a stealth attack. For One in the Chamber, add a 20% utility CD reduction? They're both just...awful.

Insofar as I know Mal. Intent is the most used - the other two are useless in pvp and the malice building is better for pve dps.

I use One in the Chamber.

Basically I use the extra stolen skills from using Shadow Meld to gain additional stealth attacks. I can also use the stolen skill from using Binding Shadow to immediately stealth attack if I have built up enough malice already.

The extra stealth also helps with detargeting. I don’t use Improvisation, so having extra stolen skills accumulate naturally as I fight is a big help.

I use one in the chamber as well in a Condition build for added stealth and utility. If you are not focused on Malice build which tends to favor power builds, it a fine trait.

I tried Collateral damage. It might work better in Pve but of little use elsewhere. if the effect occurred on a down rather then a kill it might be more useful but given it only happens on a kill what the point in a player versus player environment?

MI keeps up the momentum. I'd take CD if it added even a slightly toned down pierce to projectiles or some sort of shrapnel on projectiles, but your proposed blind would supplement Rending Shade when I'm covering groups or squads pretty well since I have to shop for a target with that. I'd take Improv over OitC if I'm thinking about extra stealth breakers but I'd take it sometimes if it offered lower utility cd maybe since normal cd along with cast times on cantrips sucks.

Another vote for one in the chamber on certain builds that take shadow meld but not improv. It depends whether you want more damage on the initial +1 (in which case MI is better) or more opportunities to sneak attack.

That said, it's only really a benefit if you're running a set with no inherent stealth (so P/P, shortbow or S/P), if you're on condi (so you're taking potent poison over improv) or if you're not running DA or SA, so acro trick DE or CS trick DE basically. With the rework to SA in particular giving stealth on mark and on heal, that plus the stolen item and shadow meld gives enough stealth to dump malice reliably in most situations so for anything other than the situations described above you'd be better off with MI.

As for collateral damage, it's a fun trait to mess with but AoE damage after I've killed something is rarely as useful as a stronger opening attack from MI. If it did the AoE blind on target with a sneak attack that would be so much more useful, but possibly OP even without the damage.

Thanks for the responses o/ I'll give OitC a try in a few days, but my dislike of the other one remains.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> MI keeps up the momentum. I'd take CD if it added even a slightly toned down pierce to projectiles or some sort of shrapnel on projectiles, but your proposed blind would supplement Rending Shade when I'm covering groups or squads pretty well since I have to shop for a target with that. I'd take Improv over OitC if I'm thinking about extra stealth breakers but I'd take it sometimes if it offered lower utility cd maybe since normal cd along with cast times on cantrips sucks.

The option for some cleave would be nice. Originally I wanted a trait to make Mark instant, but I imagine that would get shot down pretty fast xD

> @"Curennos.9307" said:

> The two other minor traits. Does anyone use them? I've been using Malicious Intent for ages. The other two trait tiers have some nice options, but these two seem dead in the water.

>

> Maybe Collateral damage could pulse its AoE blind whenever you hit with a stealth attack. For One in the Chamber, add a 20% utility CD reduction? They're both just...awful.

>

> Insofar as I know Mal. Intent is the most used - the other two are useless in pvp and the malice building is better for pve dps.

Compare to Malicious Intent, they are indeed inferior in terms of general use. However, they are not useless. I don't personally use One in the Chamber but I see here that it has some uses. As for Collateral Damage, I only use it when facing a group of mobs (i.e. pocket raptors) but the re-Marking gets really annoying in this situation. What they can do with Collateral Damage is to automatically mark one of the mob that received damage if your target dies. This way, if done correctly, we can chain the explosion to all the mobs. However, after the introduction of Pitfall, I don't use Collateral Damage anymore to clear trash mobs.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > The two other minor traits. Does anyone use them? I've been using Malicious Intent for ages. The other two trait tiers have some nice options, but these two seem dead in the water.

> >

> > Maybe Collateral damage could pulse its AoE blind whenever you hit with a stealth attack. For One in the Chamber, add a 20% utility CD reduction? They're both just...awful.

> >

> > Insofar as I know Mal. Intent is the most used - the other two are useless in pvp and the malice building is better for pve dps.

>

> Compare to Malicious Intent, they are indeed inferior in terms of general use. However, they are not useless. I don't personally use One in the Chamber but I see here that it has some uses. As for Collateral Damage, I only use it when facing a group of mobs (i.e. pocket raptors) but the re-Marking gets really annoying in this situation. What they can do with Collateral Damage is to automatically mark one of the mob that received damage if your target dies. **This way, if done correctly, we can chain the explosion to all the mobs**. However, after the introduction of Pitfall, I don't use Collateral Damage anymore to clear trash mobs.

Diable 2 corpse explosion was one of those satisfying game mechanics for senses, I'd hit up all the expansion and episode maps if it had that kind of quality of life improvement.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> Another vote for one in the chamber on certain builds that take shadow meld but not improv. It depends whether you want more damage on the initial +1 (in which case MI is better) or **more opportunities to sneak attack**.

>

> That said, it's only really a benefit if you're running a set with no inherent stealth (so P/P, shortbow or S/P), if you're on condi (so you're taking potent poison over improv) or if you're not running DA or SA, so acro trick DE or CS trick DE basically. With the rework to SA in particular giving **stealth on mark and on heal**, that plus the stolen item and shadow meld gives enough stealth to dump malice reliably in most situations so for anything other than the situations described above you'd be better off with MI.

Stolen Item with Improv was a good stealth breaker a while ago when it felt like there was too much re-stealth creeping around for a few matchups long enough for someone to launch a pull or interrupt. It's also a decent target ping if they're trying to lose you with line of site. I agree in your average matchup though, I also forgot about stealth on heal and all that, redundancy kinda keeps that trait dusty

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > The two other minor traits. Does anyone use them? I've been using Malicious Intent for ages. The other two trait tiers have some nice options, but these two seem dead in the water.

> > >

> > > Maybe Collateral damage could pulse its AoE blind whenever you hit with a stealth attack. For One in the Chamber, add a 20% utility CD reduction? They're both just...awful.

> > >

> > > Insofar as I know Mal. Intent is the most used - the other two are useless in pvp and the malice building is better for pve dps.

> >

> > Compare to Malicious Intent, they are indeed inferior in terms of general use. However, they are not useless. I don't personally use One in the Chamber but I see here that it has some uses. As for Collateral Damage, I only use it when facing a group of mobs (i.e. pocket raptors) but the re-Marking gets really annoying in this situation. What they can do with Collateral Damage is to automatically mark one of the mob that received damage if your target dies. **This way, if done correctly, we can chain the explosion to all the mobs**. However, after the introduction of Pitfall, I don't use Collateral Damage anymore to clear trash mobs.

>

> Diable 2 corpse explosion was one of those satisfying game mechanics for senses, I'd hit up all the expansion and episode maps if it had that kind of quality of life improvement.

I'd love a corpse explosion type trait, but honestly it would have to be a necro thing really.

>

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > Another vote for one in the chamber on certain builds that take shadow meld but not improv. It depends whether you want more damage on the initial +1 (in which case MI is better) or **more opportunities to sneak attack**.

> >

> > That said, it's only really a benefit if you're running a set with no inherent stealth (so P/P, shortbow or S/P), if you're on condi (so you're taking potent poison over improv) or if you're not running DA or SA, so acro trick DE or CS trick DE basically. With the rework to SA in particular giving **stealth on mark and on heal**, that plus the stolen item and shadow meld gives enough stealth to dump malice reliably in most situations so for anything other than the situations described above you'd be better off with MI.

>

> Stolen Item with Improv was a good stealth breaker a while ago when it felt like there was too much re-stealth creeping around for a few matchups long enough for someone to launch a pull or interrupt. It's also a decent target ping if they're trying to lose you with line of site. I agree in your average matchup though, I also forgot about stealth on heal and all that, redundancy kinda keeps that trait dusty

Yeah, I was running it a while ago on an acro trick DE S/P build, it certainly has it's uses. I feel that build gets eaten alive once there's more than 1-2 enemy players tho, SA is a much safer option which like you say means the trait is made redundant.

Collateral is fine as a pve trait, but the corpse burster idea sounds fun, almost epidemic-like would be super nice for pve. I use all of them to be honest, malicious and one in the chamber the most (WvW). Collateral was only for my gimmick build in WvW (for my condi or hybrid and also for tag and bag) and more for my pve which is super useful now that I can ooc swap build on demand so I can switch it on when there is heaps of tiny adds.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> Collateral is fine as a pve trait, but the corpse burster idea sounds fun, almost epidemic-like would be super nice for pve. I use all of them to be honest, malicious and one in the chamber the most (WvW). Collateral was only for my gimmick build in WvW (for my condi or hybrid and also for tag and bag) and more for my pve which is super useful now that I can ooc swap build on demand so I can switch it on when there is heaps of tiny adds.

I've tried to use it in PvE and had zilch luck. Either the mob is too weak - I run rifle/sword-pistol, so I can just pistol whip things to death and blinds don't matter - or it's too strong and immune to blinds. Or it just doesn't live long enough to get close before being mowed down by rifle. I've never seen it actually do anything.

Admittedly I have never run condi thief, so I always have crazy healing from crit strikes in pve. Lmk if I'm missing a scenario it's useful in here.