Fear spam core necro is broken AF

Ovark.2514

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

>

> I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

>

> > Here is a little interesting tid bit off the wiki that could be useful

> >

> > > A player who has toggled Walk speed will travel less distance when Feared. Walk has no default key, but can be set in the keybinding options and toggled on when required.

> >

>

> Immersion=broken. Why would a person who is feared be WALKING away from the threat? That function should probably be disabled in pvp.

In real life some times fear paralizes people from moving at all its not unpractical that someone my have the mind set to do a slow retreat and not a fast one under the aspect of fear in the real world. Realistically toggling walk wont help you much if you still bite the full duration of the fear its just easier for the necromancer to hit you with others skills. Also if you were chilled before hand you will be walking when the fear hits you anyways.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> >

> > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

>

> Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > >

> > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> >

> > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

>

> Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

Excuse me wtf lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > >

> > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > >

> > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> >

> > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

>

> Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

The proof is in pve. Reaper is the lowest dps class there is on the list, plus every class is power crept to insanity and beyond.

Might gen on reaper is lower than other class, stab is the one thing where we might be ok because we have 2 abilities accessible decently but mobility self buff all that? well there is:

Soul beast good access to sustain and dmg

Warriors usually have good sustain and high dmg.

Revenants can be super tanky with low dmg but even then, if they build it they are viable roamers

Thieves can burst fairly hard if they know how to play and Deadeyes burst very hard.

What about Guardian? are we going to see nerfs to them?

If you nerf reaper, you re just going to make necros kitten and migth as well just delete them, because the game will be so power crept they will be unviable.

I don't know what class you play, i suspect something like soulbeast revenant or warr or something, but zdragon is right about that. Heck necros are already easy food for most classes due to how immobile and slow we already are in a ocean of fast moving cc spamming classes, and our most popular ones fear and chill were heavily nerfed.

Before touching reaper i want guardian to feel the nerf hammer hard and revenant ventari whatever and soulbeast, its their time to get hit with the nerf bat.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > >

> > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > >

> > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> >

> > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

>

> A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

>

> Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

>

Seriously a reaper in shroud can pump out way more consistent damage than a meme one shot rifle warrior. Without that one built up shot in consideration ud have to go thru the warriors rifle skills 3 or more times over to match the dps of the two spin to wins skills and a few auto's of the reaper while in shroud. See with comparisons like this proves my point there's no point in reading or thinking things will I prove.

Necro could use a few more defensive options considering its mobility isnt the greatest but its dps would definitely need shaved.

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > >

> > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > >

> > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> >

> > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

>

> Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

Yes reaper can hit you for 10k warriors can hit you for 10-14k rangers can maul you for 14+k Holos generally attack faster and hit similar to the damage of most average reaper power buidls while having active defenses... if you are done you can leave but thats your choice. Im not saying reaper cant hurt but ill be damn if you are going to pretend like these other professions dont hurt just as much if not more in alot of cases while having the active defenses that necro does not have.

Everything hits hard but many things hit harder than reaper.

Its lowest per second/given its context and that your opponent is human. Every other class can deliver the same amount of damage in a very short timespan. If you sit in Reaper 4 or dont dodge reaper 5 and end up getting blended, or fail to dodge gravedigger, or run out of tools to dodge life blasts, you will of course get blown up. But that damage delivery has big telegraphs and is hard countered by kiting, interrupts, or what have you at any time that it is being delivered.

They have consistent high damage. There's no dispute about that. but who's gonna sit in a reaper 4 or auto, or not dodge exec scythe by choice? Even warriors damage delivery is snappier than that. High damage that you have a narrow window to avoid is effectively higher damage than the same amount of damage being delivered where you have multiple avenues to avoid it, so situationally it is lower. Even before you start delivering the damage, you have to send a big green "Im gonna dps you now" telegraph to your opponent, which gives them time to prepare to evade you.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > >

> > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > >

> > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> >

> > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

>

> A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

>

> Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

>

U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

I love how u guys compare glassy one shot build bursts to reapers as if its relative lmao and comparable. Like d/p thief can backstab 7000 with assassins signet after going invisibile and lining up a back stab but reaper can just spin and do how much, or what's reapers auto dps vs dagger autos on theif? Not really fair to compare right? All of reapers shroud skills hit for a hefty amount unlike alot of specs so their survivability is balanced around that,mobility as well.

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > > >

> > > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> > >

> > > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> >

> > A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

> >

> > Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

> >

>

> U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

Considering every profession has more evasives than necro in general if you stood there and ate that full 2-2.5s long cast of soul spiral i dont what to tell you dude. you do realize maul can do the damage that soul spiral does in a single hit lol and that can be used twice should you fail to dodge the hilt bash.

So really you can say all you want it just sounds like you dont dodge things that come at you even when they are reasonably telegraphed.

IF you are going to call shrouding yourself in darkness while walking slowly towards your character without stealth and spinning over roughly 2 seconds not telegraphed enough just get out already lol.

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > > >

> > > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> > >

> > > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> >

> > A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

> >

> > Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

> >

>

> U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

rampage was op and was nerfed, so warriros don't have clean hands, many times during GW2 warriors have been very op. With rampage you could easily 1 shot people while being ez mode and go ham with hard ccs sustain and dmg combined.

Warrs have been met and powerful for a while man, and always had some consistent spec to play with decent sustain and decent damage. Before rampage it was with zerker and heck some of you guys go with your spellbreaker builds because its consistent.

The difference is you can kite reapers fairly easy, and some of the big attacks are super slow, in fact: Before quickness, it was impossible to land a blow because reapers were so slow, because we are so easy to kite, once we are out of shroud, we are once again free food for other classes.

Now i don't hate warriors i don't hate thief i don't hate any class, but before pointing fingers can we please be open-minded about how some classes have tons of mobility combined with cc and dmg?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > > > >

> > > > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> > > >

> > > > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> > >

> > > A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

> > >

> > > Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

> > >

> >

> > U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

>

> rampage was op and was nerfed, so warriros don't have clean hands, many times during GW2 warriors have been very op. With rampage you could easily 1 shot people while being ez mode and go ham with hard ccs sustain and dmg combined.

>

> Warrs have been met and powerful for a while man, and always had some consistent spec to play with decent sustain and decent damage. Before rampage it was with zerker and heck some of you guys go with your spellbreaker builds because its consistent.

>

> The difference is you can kite reapers fairly easy, and some of the big attacks are super slow, in fact: Before quickness, it was impossible to land a blow because reapers were so slow, because we are so easy to kite, once we are out of shroud, we are once again free food for other classes.

>

>

Warriors rampage was OP with everything they had and deserved its nerf,if reapers kept the dps they have now in shroud etc and got a decent sustainability buff they would get nerfed just as warrior did, the forums would flood with reaper is broken posts as I said.

U guys honestly think with the powercrept issues the game has right now and the fact a big depowercreep patch(supposedly) coming soon that reaper or necro would get a survivability bump without a dps reduction?lol

Cant be serious.

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> > > > >

> > > > > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> > > >

> > > > A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

> > > >

> > > > Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

> > > >

> > >

> > > U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

> >

> > rampage was op and was nerfed, so warriros don't have clean hands, many times during GW2 warriors have been very op. With rampage you could easily 1 shot people while being ez mode and go ham with hard ccs sustain and dmg combined.

> >

> > Warrs have been met and powerful for a while man, and always had some consistent spec to play with decent sustain and decent damage. Before rampage it was with zerker and heck some of you guys go with your spellbreaker builds because its consistent.

> >

> > The difference is you can kite reapers fairly easy, and some of the big attacks are super slow, in fact: Before quickness, it was impossible to land a blow because reapers were so slow, because we are so easy to kite, once we are out of shroud, we are once again free food for other classes.

> >

> >

>

> Warriors rampage was OP with everything they had and deserved its nerf,if reapers kept the dps they have now in shroud etc and got a decent sustainability buff they would get nerfed just as warrior did, the forums would flood with reaper is broken posts as I said

Actually surprisingly i don't want necros to get sustain on their level, i want other classes to be nerfed down to normal levels such as soulbeast guardian etc.

I decided that buffing necros will just power creep the game, and the game is already power crept enough, and the reason it cannot function fully, is because damage and cc spam and boonspam is far too high, along with teleports and mobility. Reaper is supposed to be a brawler that soaks up damage, but it can be cut through like butter with toughness because of such massive amoutn of damage either from boons or combination of boons plus inner build power combined, it makes toughness less useful than things like aegis and protection and just evades and mobility, this is why necromancers have always been complaining about being babysat 24/7 or get ganked and agency taken away.

What good after all is a slow moving class with toughness, if he is unable to withstand enough blows? rifle warr is overpowered and needs to be massively nerfed. Doing that much is just too strong. I don't care what the excuse is, 1 shots is just bad for the game, and the strongest classes with damage and sustain setup just makes people cry or power creep sustain. Just look at every class, everyone was power crept to deal with the power crept dmg and sustain and mobility as a response, then we are left with a mess where the older stuff is too weak because the new specs have teleports invis and mass aoe 1 shots with hard cc combined, its just terrible, no wonder people are quitting this game.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> > > > >

> > > > > A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

> > > > >

> > > > > Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

> > >

> > > rampage was op and was nerfed, so warriros don't have clean hands, many times during GW2 warriors have been very op. With rampage you could easily 1 shot people while being ez mode and go ham with hard ccs sustain and dmg combined.

> > >

> > > Warrs have been met and powerful for a while man, and always had some consistent spec to play with decent sustain and decent damage. Before rampage it was with zerker and heck some of you guys go with your spellbreaker builds because its consistent.

> > >

> > > The difference is you can kite reapers fairly easy, and some of the big attacks are super slow, in fact: Before quickness, it was impossible to land a blow because reapers were so slow, because we are so easy to kite, once we are out of shroud, we are once again free food for other classes.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Warriors rampage was OP with everything they had and deserved its nerf,if reapers kept the dps they have now in shroud etc and got a decent sustainability buff they would get nerfed just as warrior did, the forums would flood with reaper is broken posts as I said

>

> Actually surprisingly i don't want necros to get sustain on their level, i want other classes to be nerfed down to normal levels such as soulbeast guardian etc.

>

> I decided that buffing necros will just power creep the game, and the game is already power crept enough, and the reason it cannot function fully, is because damage and cc spam and boonspam is far too high, along with teleports and mobility. Reaper is supposed to be a brawler that soaks up damage, but it can be cut through like butter with toughness because of such massive amoutn of damage either from boons or combination of boons plus inner build power combined, it makes toughness less useful than things like aegis and protection and just evades and mobility, this is why necromancers have always been complaining about being babysat 24/7 or get ganked and agency taken away.

>

> Otherwise, there are ways to buff necro without making them op, but lets start with nerfing everyone so spvp can be taken back to hot levels or earlier in damage.

I can agree with most of what u said, survivability thru over excessive boon access and the following boon spam that occurs in slb and fbs etc as well as over saturation of tele's in specs that arnt balanced around them ie guard etc but I do not agree that a class like thief or any class dependent on them or evades should have a decrease in ports without sufficient additions to thier survivability to counterbalance. Imagine a thief with less evades and ports I'd be a free kill as would most classes if their main defensive abilities were stripped of course unless were talking all classes taking a hard nerf in their defensive abilities than I'm all for it which includes barriers,shrouds taking dps instead of hp,blocks,invulnerability,protection access,regeneration through tons of trait synergies etc etc lol be a whole game wide rework :)

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Just another example of players on a class being forced to play a chees build which is 90% of the game these days

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I am a thousand percent sure that if Necros in general had more active mitigation/cc removal (That didnt debilitate them more than it helped), Reapers and Scourges would see more use and necros wouldnt be shoveling everything into fearing you halfway across the map just to stay alive.

> > > > > > > > > > They need buffs. anything they find to play is going to be played with extreme prejudice because of how hard things like spellbreaker and thief counter them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah but their mitigation increase has to be met with decreases in their damage and a reaper in shrouds autos out reach and out dps alot of classes burst,let alone one spin to win will delete even a tanky class if not mitigated. But I agree their lack of defense caused this but I've also faught some very tanky cores at same time so I donno

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Their damage is already some of the lowest in the game if you really take a look at it. Warriors and holos and rangers can hit you just as hard if not harder than reaper can in melee and rangers and some builds of theif can hit you harder from ranged than necro can hit you from ranged. Ideally i would first prefer that others be brought down closer to the necromancers level as its probably where most professions should be in terms of power anyways, if not even lower along with some parts of necro itself. If overall damage in the game drops in the right places necro wont need buffs to damage mitigation and their damage soaking style of fighting will bee more viable than what it is right now. Right now damage across any other profession you look at is realistically too high for the damage soaker design.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Excuse me kitten lmao reaper almost least damage in game omg I done reading this thread it's too much,biased in this community is unreal and useless to hope it would get any better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A rifle warr does more dmg than reaper shroud and deadeye can out dmg reaper too with kneel. Heard of warr with rifle doing 60k dmg easy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even 1 shot pu mes with the prep can do more dmg than reaper. I saw a 18k mind stab from a pu mes from stealth.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > U can say all u want but what's the dps outside of those few skills compared to reaper? If a player stands there and eats a reaper spin what's the dps because I've seen it 100-0 even tanky classes just like those skills uve mentioned. If reaper got more survivability or mobility and kept its damage these forums would flood for nerfs I guarantee that and every time I've said that it's happened. A reaper with damage it has now with more survivability would add to the already problem with powercreep,seriously the community blames anet for the games state but it's as much the players lmao

> > > >

> > > > rampage was op and was nerfed, so warriros don't have clean hands, many times during GW2 warriors have been very op. With rampage you could easily 1 shot people while being ez mode and go ham with hard ccs sustain and dmg combined.

> > > >

> > > > Warrs have been met and powerful for a while man, and always had some consistent spec to play with decent sustain and decent damage. Before rampage it was with zerker and heck some of you guys go with your spellbreaker builds because its consistent.

> > > >

> > > > The difference is you can kite reapers fairly easy, and some of the big attacks are super slow, in fact: Before quickness, it was impossible to land a blow because reapers were so slow, because we are so easy to kite, once we are out of shroud, we are once again free food for other classes.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Warriors rampage was OP with everything they had and deserved its nerf,if reapers kept the dps they have now in shroud etc and got a decent sustainability buff they would get nerfed just as warrior did, the forums would flood with reaper is broken posts as I said

> >

> > Actually surprisingly i don't want necros to get sustain on their level, i want other classes to be nerfed down to normal levels such as soulbeast guardian etc.

> >

> > I decided that buffing necros will just power creep the game, and the game is already power crept enough, and the reason it cannot function fully, is because damage and cc spam and boonspam is far too high, along with teleports and mobility. Reaper is supposed to be a brawler that soaks up damage, but it can be cut through like butter with toughness because of such massive amoutn of damage either from boons or combination of boons plus inner build power combined, it makes toughness less useful than things like aegis and protection and just evades and mobility, this is why necromancers have always been complaining about being babysat 24/7 or get ganked and agency taken away.

> >

> > Otherwise, there are ways to buff necro without making them op, but lets start with nerfing everyone so spvp can be taken back to hot levels or earlier in damage.

>

> I can agree with most of what u said, survivability thru over excessive boon access and the following boon spam that occurs in slb and fbs etc as well as over saturation of tele's in specs that arnt balanced around them ie guard etc but I do not agree that a class like thief or any class dependent on them or evades should have a decrease in ports without sufficient additions to thier survivability to counterbalance. Imagine a thief with less evades and ports I'd be a free kill as would most classes if their main defensive abilities were stripped of course unless were talking all classes taking a hard nerf in their defensive abilities than I'm all for it which includes barriers,shrouds taking dps instead of hp,blocks,invulnerability,protection access,regeneration through tons of trait synergies etc etc lol be a whole game wide rework :)

Even some of the stuff thief can do with teleports will probably get nerfed eventually, stealths on some level have to change but its not just thieves who have teleports in quantity some other classes have them too. Some of the stuff from other classes is out of control.

You want to nerf shroud of reaper fine, but first, do the nerfs to other classes. They need to give up a lot of their sustain too and make real sacrifices for damage and need to sacrifice boons. Thieves have to make sacrifices too we all do, because if 1 doesn't then that class becomes overpowered and the next meta class everyone jumps to and we keep a power creep. A deal's a deal but you have to keep your end of the bargain.

Necros are already in general a lot weaker than other classes because:

on kit limited sustain tools, and this makes them far less effective in small scale fight, and requires being babysat. Even then, we get the first focussed and die instantly.

Because we have very weak tools generally in our skill tree in sustain, and while we have some good, a lot are also really bad, and death magic is full of those.

Less boon sharing from us means less that we can be helpful to save you in a dire situation than other classes(scourge i hear is ok in some stuff such as rez but it underperforms compared to ele druid and especially firebrand)

Weaker in mobility than other classes by a lot.

Being tanky won't work unless it works almost like the way it did in wow where you got enough room to breathe, but not as ridiculously strong as warlocks were. If we are slow we need to be ultra tanky and hard to kill, hence why other classes need nerfed more than reaper does by a lot, because honestly reaper is far more balanced than other classes

Im also not saying "ALL" defensive abilities get deleted some not all, thieves will still use their mobility to evade and hide and do thief things, because that falls under "class mechanics" and that just takes away flavor.

Warriors will still be tanky guys who have their retalitation and use their shields to block arrows and jump into fight etc etc. I think Anet has done a good job at nerfing the current ones, just a few others left.

Holosmith got nerfed maybe more coming i dunno

Soulbeast for sure

Guardian has to be hit the hardest so far i believe, because guardian is way overpowered to the max and has way too much sustain.

I think rev too has a lot of sustain might need checking up on.

Sustain i think is a major issue if it combines multible facets that makes it so strong that either:

They become impossible to kill that you can go around throwing buffs on people(Firebrand has a rep of this)

Combined dps and sustain that it was broken(Holosmith and soulbeast had this rep and warriors with zerker and even spellbreaker)

Mobility sustain and dps and cc rangers with soulbeast definitely used to fit this, not sure how strong they are now.

Mobility and dps for sure was mirage chrono got nerfed quite hard and i hear its no longer a thing in SPVP condi still has a bad rep for thieves and mesmers.

Other than that, it won't be a problem if you don't hard counter a class to the point of being that the class literally has 0 chance to win, because then it would be broken.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > Core necro can be broken if your team focuses it all match and cannot get a kill. If they can farm it it is not nearly as good

>

> That statement literally applies to any class

Maybe but it literally applies to this one in particular becuz it can spam aoe like crazy including cc like fear while just kiting and try to survive where as no other class can. It also has a very high hp pool that can be hard to scrape through but due to lack of real sustain once you break through it necro becomes ez farm

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > Core necro can be broken if your team focuses it all match and cannot get a kill. If they can farm it it is not nearly as good

>

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

>

Does it though? most classes can scrape through because they got tools to escape and survive such as invulns aegis etc, and don't say reaper shroud or health bar and toughness, because right now those cannot compare to aegis invuln evade spam and the likes. Taking hits means nothing if a class can kill you in 2 hits regardless of toughness.

Necros only have 3 fears, all on long cd; you were continuously feared because your team was continually using stab. A tip; Do Not Use Stability; Do Not Use Boons, therefore nothing can be corrupted. Any class that can spam stability needs to be gutted long before the necro is ever touched again.

Necro has been repeatedly gutted and stripped of it's abilities to the point it's the easiest class to deal with 1 on 1. Now we have something complaining about fears....

Smh...

Are you sure you don't want to add in there you think they're too mobile as well???

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > I think you forgot to link the video proof and may have accidentally cut out the extra couple paragraphs of more in-depth analysis. Happens to the best of us, lmk when they're back.

>

> Funny, you seem to not be bothered when other people post things with no "video proof" so long as you have experienced the same thing. You want in-depth analysis, ok: So Doom is instant-cast 1200 range skill that fears up to 3 seconds when built around it. While the opponent's feared you have all the time in the world to place a spectral wall that the opponent has to walk through twice for 4 more seconds of fear, so while he's doing that you can drop a Staff 5 for 2 more seconds, and if taking lich you can get 4 more seconds (though it's too long a CD so no one takes it). So that's 9sec of unbroken CC that can be applied all while you freecast other damaging attacks NOT TO MENTION that if I WAS taking and stab it could easily be corrupted to fear me more. And I'm not a streamer so I don't record on the regular.

I am, actually, but less so. They tend to provide more than grumpy hyperbole. Most of the time.

So. Throughout these potential 9 seconds of fear - you have not one CC break or cleanse? Any of that into a dodge? It seems like if you're fast enough, you can break the first to avoid the wall.

This combo is terrifying if you just sit through it, but presumably you have stunbreaks and such left. If not, that's...well, kind of on you.