Gobbler??

Similar to the Candy Corn Gobbler (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Candy_Corn_Gobbler), which has the chance to provide the experience buff (which can be acquired via other means) and thus increase WxP earned by 50% additive stacking with other buffs, the Snowflake Gobbler (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snowflake_Gobbler) has a chance to provide a buff which increases reward track gains of 25% additive stacking with other buffs.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > Aaah, so it is definitely an in-game advantage that you can buy with gems. Gotcha. SMH.

>

> Like the Experience Booster you can buy in the gemstore, you mean?

you mean the same boosters I can get from playing the game and therefore don't buy ever? Whereas the gobbler one is above and beyond those?

> @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > > Aaah, so it is definitely an in-game advantage that you can buy with gems. Gotcha. SMH.

> >

> > Like the Experience Booster you can buy in the gemstore, you mean?

>

> you mean the same boosters I can get from playing the game and therefore don't buy ever? Whereas the gobbler one is above and beyond those?

You mean like the gold you can acquire in game, convert to gems and then get the gobbler, thereby never having to spend money?

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > Aaah, so it is definitely an in-game advantage that you can buy with gems. Gotcha. SMH.

> >

>

> you mean the same boosters I can get from playing the game and therefore don't buy ever? Whereas the gobbler one is above and beyond those?

Yeah, those exact same boosters that you can buy in the gemstore and that give you a better version of the in game advantage that you get from the gobbler.

The principle is the same, an experience boost that can be obtained from the gemstore, the gobbler is better value in the long run though.

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> >

>

That isn't relevant. You can buy xp boosters from the gemstore and always could. This is just another version, albeit slightly different in that it requires consumption of in game resources to do so. It isn't just "buy = insta buffs".

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> >

>

Yes, the ones that grant 50%-100% boost and are free and plentiful are WAY worse than the 25% boost you have to pay for a chance to get...

For those wondering about the Pay2Win aspects, there are many other ways to get these buffs that are typically better and FREE:

For 1 Laurel = 30min , 50% Wvw/Pvp Track/PvE XP Booster

Birthday Boosters = 1 Day , 100% WvW Rank/MF, 10% Track WvW/PvP

Celebration Boosters = 1 Hour , Exact same as B-day booster.

Most of these drop regularly throughout play/logging in/giveaways, not including the regular boosters for special bonuses.

IMO, the Gobblers at most do is make use of excess/unwanted seasonal materials for a marginal benefit.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Does it stack with other boosts (like the ones from celebration/birthday boosters or the guild boost)? Or do they cancel each other out?

Yes, they will stack with other buffs...it must be different from the other buffs or the effect will not add to the stack. So, if you have a +50% buff and a +10% buff, the +25% will stack with them. Anything that has the same effect as another buff-item will not be added...if you have two +25% exp buffs only one of them will count.

I think its pretty cool since it stacks with other boosts. (unrelated)They also updated the boost from the Guild Hall Tavern which now lasts FOREVER. ;)

As for a gemstore sourced advantage, I guess you could say that, BUT considering you cannot use it to gain that advantage without snowflakes it also seems designed to benefit the in game econ just like the candy corn gobbler so I don't see it as a big deal. If anything I kinda wish it ALSO had +25% Magic find to make it more useful in pve.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I don't do WvW so please help explain what "advantage" is given here?

WvW and PvP reward tracks give useful or valuable items like dungeon armour and weapons, the Gift of Battle or champion bags. If you can complete them faster you basically get more rewards for the same amount of effort, giving you an advantage.

Although I'm not sure how that compares to the cost to use it, especially after Wintersday when snowflakes will be much harder to get outside of the TP and it's likely the price will go up. If you have to get lucky drops to break even it's unlikely to be an issue.