Next legendary trinket

Honestly i hope they stay exclusive to pve content, so maybe one from fractals. It already feels too inconsistent to me that a set of legendaries that was meant to bring players back to old living world seasons maps now has one part exclusive to raids (that has near to no relation with the seasons), even loving wvw i don't want to see another part of the set coming from there.

Hopefully they will release another trinket at the end of the Season 5 that works the same ways as the ones from season 3 and 4.

> @"Hynax.9536" said:

> Honestly i hope they stay exclusive to pve content, so maybe one from fractals. It already feels too inconsistent to me that a set of legendaries that was meant to bring players back to old living world seasons maps now has one part exclusive to raids (that has near to no relation with the seasons), even loving wvw i don't want to see another part of the set coming from there.

> Hopefully they will release another trinket at the end of the Season 5 that works the same ways as the ones from season 3 and 4.

Agreed. its already bad enough that pve legendary armor is raid locked.

Amulet should be for the saga, ring precursor should be a collection tied to strikes, but require 150 LD from wing 5-7 to upgrade to legendary. That way strike fulfil their design, as a stepping stone into raids.

For those who don't understand each subcategory of acended trinkets had either only 1 or 2 route to obtain when released.

Rings were fractal only, eventually added to guild missions for a insane mark up cost.

Accessories were guild missions only, with some exclusive stats added to dungeon collections much latter.

Amulets were laurels only for the longest time.

Of course over the years other sources were added, but usually it was only for new stats only like nomad or sinister. Pre LS3 the above way were the only way to get berserker stat trinkets. And you could not get viper ascended trinket until wing 2 came out. Then ls3 happened, and anet start experimenting with choosy stats and stats resetting. That why the prefer method now is just to get a choosy stat item from lw or raids.

Honestly rewards should remain segregated across the game to promote playing all content. Remember, raids only give legendary armor and 1 ring, imagine the storm from the toxic casuals if there was a raid exclusive legendary weapon, even though there are 37 open world legendaries weapons.

Legendary gear could be abandoned at this point and I wouldn't notice. I hope they make more for the rest of you but I am beyond discouraged on acquiring legendary gear. I got my weapon and took 5 years to do it. Since I stopped farming for that content and stopped grinding the achievements I have been having a lot more fun. Doesn't feel good that I had to put that content out of reach in my mind in order to have fun again but that is what worked in the end. I was literally telling my friends I couldn't party up with them because I was working on something I needed for legendary gear and wasn't going to drag them along.

> @"Shadowmoon.7986" said:

> Amulet should be for the saga, ring precursor should be a collection tied to strikes, but require 150 LD from wing 5-7 to upgrade to legendary. That way strike fulfil their design, as a stepping stone into raids.

> For those who don't understand each subcategory of acended trinkets had either only 1 or 2 route to obtain when released.

> Rings were fractal only, eventually added to guild missions for a insane mark up cost.

> Accessories were guild missions only, with some exclusive stats added to dungeon collections much latter.

> Amulets were laurels only for the longest time.

> Of course over the years other sources were added, but usually it was only for new stats only like nomad or sinister. Pre LS3 the above way were the only way to get berserker stat trinkets. And you could not get viper ascended trinket until wing 2 came out. Then ls3 happened, and anet start experimenting with choosy stats and stats resetting. That why the prefer method now is just to get a choosy stat item from lw or raids.

> Honestly rewards should remain segregated across the game to promote playing all content. Remember, raids only give legendary armor and 1 ring, imagine the storm from the toxic casuals if there was a raid exclusive legendary weapon, even though there are 37 open world legendaries weapons.

It seems that you don't understand the main issue with a(nother) trinket from raids. The problem is not where you "hide" the item, as long if all the players have the option to take this route or not. The problem is that ANet designed the raids to be completed by very few players. And this translates - regarding the legendary - that ANet decided to give some legendary items only to a very few players. Taking into account the eternal excuse - we don't have time/manpower to fix the X / Y / Z bug, or to improve the QoL, or to release new XPacs (for many/all players), the decision to work only for a few is normal to generate virulent reactions.

**Honestly rewards should remain segregated across the game to promote playing all content. Remember, raids only give legendary armor and 1 ring, imagine the storm from the toxic casuals if there was a raid exclusive legendary weapon, even though there are 37 open world legendaries weapons.**

Pff :#! Never, but NEVER segregation leads to good results. And what you propose will be not an incentive to play all the game modes, but rather to leave the game. Not all the GW2 players have all the day to play this game. And the legendary items being a **choice** rather than a fight to a game mode designed to be **not completed** by most of us is a reason for the casuals ("toxic casuals" according to your post) to play **this** game and not another one.

As for the legendary weapon ... I'm not sure. The problem there is that the legendary **armor** was at that time **the only** legendary armor in the game. And not one of the other 37 legendary sets of armors.

"Toxic casuals" =) Polluting this game with their presence, one or two hours per week !!

We have 2 trinks in open world, 1 in raids. It’s possible that they could be maybe fractals, or maybe pvp, or wvw. There is no reason to make another pure open world trinket since there is 2. Hmmmm I honestly think It would be good for the community if it was wvw to make it alive again. You have balancing coming in, then throw in a legendary trinket for wvw. I hope it’s not having to do like 300-400 levels but why not.

Second choice would be fractals. The Ad Infinitum wasn’t bad to get. If they make a trinket to fractals it would make more people do fractals and make fractals feel alive and people won’t hate fractals for sirens reef.

Last would be pvp. But I don’t think pvp trinket would be highest priority unless they are throwing more content into pvp. But seems only balancing is priority and Swiss development is going on. And arenanet did mention a new armor set in pvp.

Toxic casuals =/= casuals.

The toxic ones are the one who keep demanding certain game modes and rewards be removed or moved because they dont enjoy doing them for reason x y or z.

And exclusivity is how you make good rewards. Something that everyone has, has no value. You need carrots for people to do thing they will not normally do. Why do you think people keep doing chak and pinata still?

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

Probably from the Icebrood Saga. Also, I’d love it if we got one extra of each type - extra ring, accessory, and amulet. Like, say the second ring is from fractals. Well, maybe you want the full set but your only issue is getting the raiding ring. But lucky for you, anet has added a third legendary ring (same effects), acquirable in PvE open world!

And the same concept applies to them all. Can’t play season 3 anymore, or you don’t like it? Anet has added a third legendary accessory through raids. The idea is that if you’re unable to do a given piece of content, it isn’t then impossible for you to make a full set

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

>

> They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

The content of the game mode should attract players not a carrot on a string. A top tier of gear is a terrible way to incentivise players as you will be all grinded out by the time you get it. Then what do you use it for? The content you've grinded into dust??

> > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

> >

> > They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

>

> The content of the game mode should attract players not a carrot on a string. A top tier of gear is a terrible way to incentivise players as you will be all grinded out by the time you get it. Then what do you use it for? The content you've grinded into dust??

The thing is it’s not a carrot on a string since you don’t need legendary anywhere in game. It’s just eye candy. The only valuable thing that legendary has is not farming for armor anymore. So if you don’t want to then go ahead and go for it.

All modes have legendary armor they just don’t all have trinkets yet. Which I bet they will add trinks to the other game modes which is a good thing.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > > Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

> > >

> > > They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

> >

> > The content of the game mode should attract players not a carrot on a string. A top tier of gear is a terrible way to incentivise players as you will be all grinded out by the time you get it. Then what do you use it for? The content you've grinded into dust??

>

> The thing is it’s not a carrot on a string since you don’t need legendary anywhere in game. It’s just eye candy. The only valuable thing that legendary has is not farming for armor anymore. So if you don’t want to then go ahead and go for it.

>

> All modes have legendary armor they just don’t all have trinkets yet. Which I bet they will add trinks to the other game modes which is a good thing.

It's the stat selecting quality that makes is worth having and what makes it top tier. It's also arguable about Raids qualifying as the PvE legendary armor though technically it qualifies. It just excludes much of the population as it doesn't feel like any other part of PvE feels which is why many of us don't really care for it. Tough rocks though as that is our legendary armor option. I would think that earning legendary gear in PvE should be the thing you do in preperation for doing elite content like Raids. What do you do with this legendary gear after you earn it as you already defeated the hardest content in the game to get it? It functions as a trophy in its current acquisition method. That never made much sense to me.

I fully agree that legendary trinkets (full sets) should be available in all game modes.

• 2 weeks later...

> > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > > > Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

> > > >

> > > > They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

> > >

> > > The content of the game mode should attract players not a carrot on a string. A top tier of gear is a terrible way to incentivise players as you will be all grinded out by the time you get it. Then what do you use it for? The content you've grinded into dust??

> >

> > The thing is it’s not a carrot on a string since you don’t need legendary anywhere in game. It’s just eye candy. The only valuable thing that legendary has is not farming for armor anymore. So if you don’t want to then go ahead and go for it.

> >

> > All modes have legendary armor they just don’t all have trinkets yet. Which I bet they will add trinks to the other game modes which is a good thing.

>

> It's the stat selecting quality that makes is worth having and what makes it top tier. It's also arguable about Raids qualifying as the PvE legendary armor though technically it qualifies. It just excludes much of the population as it doesn't feel like any other part of PvE feels which is why many of us don't really care for it. Tough rocks though as that is our legendary armor option. I would think that earning legendary gear in PvE should be the thing you do in preperation for doing elite content like Raids. What do you do with this legendary gear after you earn it as you already defeated the hardest content in the game to get it? It functions as a trophy in its current acquisition method. That never made much sense to me.

>

> I fully agree that legendary trinkets (full sets) should be available in all game modes.

Yea pretty much now the use is just to never farm again. Since legendary armor is just stat swappable ascended, farming for armor doesn’t need to happen anymore. But that goes way into the future for an individual since if your raiding and doing fracs, ascended drops drop like hot cakes. But I agree with you. Legendary should have more of a meaning. And honestly not many people even know what the legendary armor significance in pve is for so it’s just for you and flashing to raid community.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

>

> They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

The modes being well done is all an opinion. I think PVP, and WVW are terrible. So those two options for legendary armor are out. Its hard enough working up the want to get a GOB anymore.

Im about to buy all my raids and LI just so i can get a set of armor and not have to do it anymore. The content is intriguing, fun or desirable for me to do. Raids should be considered their own game mode its playtstyle is nothing like PVE in this game, and PVE should be given their own legendary armor set, even if it is just a rank up of the ascended armor with no new skin.

Im in the crowd that things every game mode(theres 5.) should have their own full set of everything.

> @"Hynax.9536" said:

> Honestly i hope they stay exclusive to pve content, so maybe one from fractals. It already feels too inconsistent to me that a set of legendaries that was meant to bring players back to old living world seasons maps now has one part exclusive to raids (that has near to no relation with the seasons), even loving wvw i don't want to see another part of the set coming from there.

> Hopefully they will release another trinket at the end of the Season 5 that works the same ways as the ones from season 3 and 4.

They never said the reason for these legendaries what that at all, I hope spvp or wvw get the next trinket.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > Someone mentioned an idea in another thread I liked. They suggested all tiers of equipment should be available in all game modes with similar acquisition levels of difficulty. Makes sense to me.

> >

> > They shouldn’t be. Cause then it will make people not even try another game mode. Having a different set of gear in a different game mode is nice and makes you try out Another part of the game. Since legendary isn’t for everyone you shouldn’t feel obligated to go for them. But if you are that person who wants all of them, the game modes are well done for fun to get into. The value of specific armor sets gets taken away if you make all legendary armor unlockable in every mode.

>

> The modes being well done is all an opinion. I think PVP, and WVW are terrible. So those two options for legendary armor are out. Its hard enough working up the want to get a GOB anymore.

>

> Im about to buy all my raids and LI just so i can get a set of armor and not have to do it anymore. The content is intriguing, fun or desirable for me to do. Raids should be considered their own game mode its playtstyle is nothing like PVE in this game, and PVE should be given their own legendary armor set, even if it is just a rank up of the ascended armor with no new skin.

>

> Im in the crowd that things every game mode(theres 5.) should have their own full set of everything.

Spvp, wvwv and pve what are the other 1 (since you think openworld pve is its own I understand from the post).