Ingame Mail Anti-Spam Mechanic

Yasi.9065

Here's a post from some time ago that speaks to this:

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

>

> That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Here's a post from some time ago that speaks to this:

>

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > > I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

> >

> > That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

>

>

You bookmarked all of these threads while waiting for giants to respawn didn’t you? ?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Here's a post from some time ago that speaks to this:

> >

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > > > I agree that it is annoying. The issue has been discussed several times. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason for this limit is to help preventing gold sellers. I would have to browse the forum to find again the thread in which it was explained in details. If I recall correctly, for now, there is no easy alternative solution that can be put in place.

> > >

> > > That is correct. With limitless mails, RMT will start spamming every account in the game. :( I understand the desire, but I also understand the reasons for the limitations. I will bring this up with the devs to see if there's a potential work-around, but so far, one (without drawbacks) has not been evident or something that was reasonable and without risk to implement.

> >

> >

>

> You bookmarked all of these threads while waiting for giants to respawn didn’t you? ?

Heh... no, I just remember seeing topics rotate back around and use the Forums Search function.

> @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> I guess the anti RMT measures work great? Been here all along and have seen nor heard from a gold seller.

When the game was still fairly new you would be getting dozens of spam whispers from gold sellers every time you posted on the forums. I stopped posting for a while because the ingame spam got too annoying.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Indeed, there used to be a LOT of Gold-seller spam in chat. As well as lots and lots of gathering and bear-bow bots running around PvE.

> @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

>

> > @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> > I guess the anti RMT measures work great? Been here all along and have seen nor heard from a gold seller.

>

> When the game was still fairly new you would be getting dozens of spam whispers from gold sellers every time you posted on the forums. I stopped posting for a while because the ingame spam got too annoying.

There is a difference between whispers, and letters. I feel like removing the limit for players who have each other as friends isnt a bad idea. I sure as hell dont add bots/goldsellers or trolls to my friends list.