So sad

Sansar.1302

Although I seldom port, being able to make it to the door counts. Either way fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If I know the opponent you can bet your gold that 1v1 will turn into a 1v4 real fast. No point fighting what's known to be overwhelming and a waste of time when they call for backup.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> >

> > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> >

> > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

>

> But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when -im- online.

The only time i see players(enemy ones) is early in the mornings, or on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be, im assuming its because primetime for my server is when im asleep.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> >

> > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> >

> > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

>

> So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

>

> I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

>

> We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

>

> You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

>

> I just...

WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > >

> > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > >

> > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> >

> > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

>

> my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

>

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > >

> > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > >

> > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> >

> > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> >

> > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> >

> > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> >

> > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> >

> > I just...

>

> WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

>

> but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

>

> 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

>

> 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

>

> 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

But if self flagellation is your thing..,

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > >

> > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > >

> > > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> > >

> > > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

> >

> > my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

> >

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > >

> > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > >

> > > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> > >

> > > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> > >

> > > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> > >

> > > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> > >

> > > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> > >

> > > I just...

> >

> > WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

> >

> > but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

> >

> > 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

> >

> > 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

> >

> > 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

>

> Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

>

> You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

>

> But if self flagellation is your thing..,

It is forced. ANET put those things in that mode, and i want those things, therefore im forced to play the mode. I dont have to enjoy it nor do i have to be a loot bag for somebody. As stated, my reflexes suck, so outside of fighting npcs, i cant do much, and its not fun at all to try and fight a thief, or a mesmer(which is what the vast majority of roamers/ solo players are.) that can teleport all over the place before i can even get my hand to function.

AKA: Theres no point in fighting when i know im going to lose, i get nothing for it aside from wasted time.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > >

> > > > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > > > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> > > >

> > > > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

> > >

> > > my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

> > >

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > >

> > > > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> > > >

> > > > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> > > >

> > > > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> > > >

> > > > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> > > >

> > > > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> > > >

> > > > I just...

> > >

> > > WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

> > >

> > > but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

> > >

> > > 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

> > >

> > > 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

> > >

> > > 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

> >

> > Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

> >

> > You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

> >

> > But if self flagellation is your thing..,

>

> It is forced. ANET put those things in that mode, and i want those things, therefore im forced to play the mode. I dont have to enjoy it nor do i have to be a loot bag for somebody. As stated, my reflexes suck, so outside of fighting npcs, i cant do much, and its not fun at all to try and fight a thief, or a mesmer(which is what the vast majority of roamers/ solo players are.) that can teleport all over the place before i can even get my hand to function.

>

> AKA: Theres no point in fighting when i know im going to lose, i get nothing for it aside from wasted time.

IMO im seeing more thieves/spellbreakers and reapers lately. Not as many mesmers. so-so # of rangers and guardians.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > > > > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> > > > >

> > > > > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

> > > >

> > > > my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> > > > >

> > > > > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> > > > >

> > > > > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> > > > >

> > > > > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> > > > >

> > > > > I just...

> > > >

> > > > WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

> > > >

> > > > 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

> > > >

> > > > 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

> > > >

> > > > 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

> > >

> > > Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

> > >

> > > You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

> > >

> > > But if self flagellation is your thing..,

> >

> > It is forced. ANET put those things in that mode, and i want those things, therefore im forced to play the mode. I dont have to enjoy it nor do i have to be a loot bag for somebody. As stated, my reflexes suck, so outside of fighting npcs, i cant do much, and its not fun at all to try and fight a thief, or a mesmer(which is what the vast majority of roamers/ solo players are.) that can teleport all over the place before i can even get my hand to function.

> >

> > AKA: Theres no point in fighting when i know im going to lose, i get nothing for it aside from wasted time.

>

> IMO im seeing more thieves/spellbreakers and reapers lately. Not as many mesmers. so-so # of rangers and guardians.

I didnt feel like naming every single class that i encountered, so i just listed the most common ive encounter when i play WVW.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > > > > > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

> > > > >

> > > > > my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just...

> > > > >

> > > > > WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

> > > > >

> > > > > 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

> > > >

> > > > Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

> > > >

> > > > You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

> > > >

> > > > But if self flagellation is your thing..,

> > >

> > > It is forced. ANET put those things in that mode, and i want those things, therefore im forced to play the mode. I dont have to enjoy it nor do i have to be a loot bag for somebody. As stated, my reflexes suck, so outside of fighting npcs, i cant do much, and its not fun at all to try and fight a thief, or a mesmer(which is what the vast majority of roamers/ solo players are.) that can teleport all over the place before i can even get my hand to function.

> > >

> > > AKA: Theres no point in fighting when i know im going to lose, i get nothing for it aside from wasted time.

> >

> > IMO im seeing more thieves/spellbreakers and reapers lately. Not as many mesmers. so-so # of rangers and guardians.

>

> I didnt feel like naming every single class that i encountered, so i just listed the most common ive encounter when i play WVW.

I sometimes like to elaborate more to see if anyone 's experience is similar or different.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > > > > > > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I just...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

> > > > >

> > > > > You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > But if self flagellation is your thing..,

> > > >

> > > > It is forced. ANET put those things in that mode, and i want those things, therefore im forced to play the mode. I dont have to enjoy it nor do i have to be a loot bag for somebody. As stated, my reflexes suck, so outside of fighting npcs, i cant do much, and its not fun at all to try and fight a thief, or a mesmer(which is what the vast majority of roamers/ solo players are.) that can teleport all over the place before i can even get my hand to function.

> > > >

> > > > AKA: Theres no point in fighting when i know im going to lose, i get nothing for it aside from wasted time.

> > >

> > > IMO im seeing more thieves/spellbreakers and reapers lately. Not as many mesmers. so-so # of rangers and guardians.

> >

> > I didnt feel like naming every single class that i encountered, so i just listed the most common ive encounter when i play WVW.

>

> I sometimes like to elaborate more to see if anyone 's experience is similar or different.

On my end not solo players, i see Repears running around with atwo Guardians(healbrand, dragonhunter) quiet often though and honestly when i do i wish i had "killself" emote that instantly kills the PC. Thieves i already mentioned, and ive yet to see a spellbreaker at all. Rangers are really rare, usually its SB running the power build.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

> > > > > > > > Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > my server and the servers i see seldom have players defending objectives when im online. The only time i see players is early in the mornings on the weekends or somehow when my server gets into T2 or T1, which..boggles my mind we can even obtain that given how dead the server seems to be.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > > > Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > **If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I just...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > WVW is more than a PVP game mode, a large part of it is objectives, i do that part of the game mode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > but since you asked, 3 things -force- me to play wvw, believe me id rather not, i dont like competitive game modes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 1. its a source of legendary armor that when i get to that rank ill be able to get at least one set at the pace i play WVW at, since PVE doesnt have a set of armor thats obtainable outside of raids

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 2. Gifts of battle for PVE, my main play mode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 3. the legacy armor reward track, and the other rewards that are only obtainable through reward tracks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Have to take exception to the use of the word **force**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are forcing yourself to play. You don’t **need** any of those things to play the game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But if self flagellation is your thing..,

> > > > >

> > > > > It is forced. ANET put those things in that mode, and i want those things, therefore im forced to play the mode. I dont have to enjoy it nor do i have to be a loot bag for somebody. As stated, my reflexes suck, so outside of fighting npcs, i cant do much, and its not fun at all to try and fight a thief, or a mesmer(which is what the vast majority of roamers/ solo players are.) that can teleport all over the place before i can even get my hand to function.

> > > > >

> > > > > AKA: Theres no point in fighting when i know im going to lose, i get nothing for it aside from wasted time.

> > > >

> > > > IMO im seeing more thieves/spellbreakers and reapers lately. Not as many mesmers. so-so # of rangers and guardians.

> > >

> > > I didnt feel like naming every single class that i encountered, so i just listed the most common ive encounter when i play WVW.

> >

> > I sometimes like to elaborate more to see if anyone 's experience is similar or different.

>

> On my end not solo players, i see Repears running around with atwo Guardians(healbrand, dragonhunter) quiet often though and honestly when i do i wish i had "killself" emote that instantly kills the PC. Thieves i already mentioned, and ive yet to see a spellbreaker at all. Rangers are really rare, usually its SB running the power build.

I find more core guards (that hurt more than DH's) than DH/FB (unless in a group than FB for sure). Warriors are tanky and healy. Love fighting necros. I love hearing what other people see roaming. My serious toon is Mirage, I have a derping class of DE (condi lately). I see way more DrD/Core than DE's

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> -Be me

>

> -Be on Medi Scrapper

>

> -Cant win a fight with healer zerg build.

>

> -No Tag around

>

> -Goes to camp to cap for participation.

>

> -Sees enemy roamer

>

> -Port to spawn to find something else to cap.

>

> -Me no free loot bag

So sad to play in an open world PVP zone just to farm mobs and avoid other players... if only those people had a huge open world full of mobs and no enemy players to endlessly farm their crap....

> @"kraai.7265" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > -Be me

> >

> > -Be on Medi Scrapper

> >

> > -Cant win a fight with healer zerg build.

> >

> > -No Tag around

> >

> > -Goes to camp to cap for participation.

> >

> > -Sees enemy roamer

> >

> > -Port to spawn to find something else to cap.

> >

> > -Me no free loot bag

>

> So sad to play in an open world PVP zone just to farm mobs and avoid other players... if only those people had a huge open world full of mobs and no enemy players to endlessly farm their kitten....

So sad that a doctor in a war zone avoids being on the front line.

These cowards!

They should be picking up a gun and fight!

But seriously.

Why should a player that chose to play support, a very important play style in WvW, fight a 1v1 when the build is not made for that?

If i see a roamer on a support class or a build i know for a fact cannot win a 1v1, why on earth should i do it then?

> @"kraai.7265" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > -Be me

> >

> > -Be on Medi Scrapper

> >

> > -Cant win a fight with healer zerg build.

> >

> > -No Tag around

> >

> > -Goes to camp to cap for participation.

> >

> > -Sees enemy roamer

> >

> > -Port to spawn to find something else to cap.

> >

> > -Me no free loot bag

>

> So sad to play in an open world PVP zone just to farm mobs and avoid other players... if only those people had a huge open world full of mobs and no enemy players to endlessly farm their kitten....

If only we could get Gifts of battle in that game mode..Oh..we cant..

This is what happens when you put things in game that requires every single game mode. It forces players to do things they dont enjoy, and therefore refuse to take part in fully.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"kraai.7265" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > -Be me

> > >

> > > -Be on Medi Scrapper

> > >

> > > -Cant win a fight with healer zerg build.

> > >

> > > -No Tag around

> > >

> > > -Goes to camp to cap for participation.

> > >

> > > -Sees enemy roamer

> > >

> > > -Port to spawn to find something else to cap.

> > >

> > > -Me no free loot bag

> >

> > So sad to play in an open world PVP zone just to farm mobs and avoid other players... if only those people had a huge open world full of mobs and no enemy players to endlessly farm their kitten....

>

> If only we could get Gifts of battle in that game mode..Oh..we cant..

>

> This is what happens when you put things in game that requires every single game mode. It forces players to do things they dont enjoy, and therefore refuse to take part in fully.

Again with the ‘force’ word. You want the item. You have chosen to come and get it.

But hey, I’ll gladly trade a GoB for a GoE.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"kraai.7265" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > -Be me

> > > >

> > > > -Be on Medi Scrapper

> > > >

> > > > -Cant win a fight with healer zerg build.

> > > >

> > > > -No Tag around

> > > >

> > > > -Goes to camp to cap for participation.

> > > >

> > > > -Sees enemy roamer

> > > >

> > > > -Port to spawn to find something else to cap.

> > > >

> > > > -Me no free loot bag

> > >

> > > So sad to play in an open world PVP zone just to farm mobs and avoid other players... if only those people had a huge open world full of mobs and no enemy players to endlessly farm their kitten....

> >

> > If only we could get Gifts of battle in that game mode..Oh..we cant..

> >

> > This is what happens when you put things in game that requires every single game mode. It forces players to do things they dont enjoy, and therefore refuse to take part in fully.

>

> Again with the ‘force’ word. You want the item. You have chosen to come and get it.

>

> But hey, I’ll gladly trade a GoB for a GoE.

So yes, forced...

As I am forced to do map completion like fucking tangled depths to get my legendaries for wvw.

I port or avoid whenever I meet people I've already fought.

As an advocate of unusual builds, I need more testing on a wider bed of subjects, and fighting the same dude over and over isn't helping me with that.

Good player, a bad player, newbie, veteran, meta build, offmeta build, I would rarely fight anyone more than a couple of times for this reason.

I would probably fight someone multiple times when forced though, like defending objectives.

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> most servers at present have constant roamerpacks, so if you're alone there is a solid chance the one pepe is followed by 3-4 more. on my screen at least, charakters get displayed way too late, so if i am alone i'd rather port out. no free bags for the enemy! lag feeds yet enough...

Yeah roaming against jq is toxic af. It's like all their smallscale defenders are in a squad so if you hit one the others instant converge for the loot bag. But there are ways to exploit that behavior if you happen to have a tag that likes to snipe objectives on speed dial coughablesentrycough ;-)

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> > most servers at present have constant roamerpacks, so if you're alone there is a solid chance the one pepe is followed by 3-4 more. on my screen at least, charakters get displayed way too late, so if i am alone i'd rather port out. no free bags for the enemy! lag feeds yet enough...

>

> Yeah roaming against jq is toxic af. It's like all their smallscale defenders are in a squad so if you hit one the others instant converge for the loot bag. But there are ways to exploit that behavior if you happen to have a tag that likes to snipe objectives on speed dial coughablesentrycough ;-)

Huh? Is this jq complaining about ktraining?

> @"Sansar.1302" said:

> why ppl port before trying to fight :(

Usually it involves something along the lines of me being a solo roamer being charged by 5+ people * shrug *

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > @"primatos.5413" said:

> > > > New meta... at least every second build is able to do some funny clown things before running away. So there is a 50/50 chance to meet such can cer. By porting away u reduce the chance to zero and won't be wasting time with the bulls hit meta builds

> > >

> > > You risk nothing other than being mildly annoyed though.

> >

> > So you have a choice between being mildly annoyed, and not being mildly annoyed, and you are are wondering which choice players take?

> >

> > > I'd at least try fighting something once to see if it's possible to win.

> >

> > Who says players haven't? Doesn't take a genious to figure out that if you are on a pve or squad build, most roaming builds will severely outperform you.

> >

> > > If I lose a few times and seem to be countered, then maybe I'd start porting away just to save everyone time.

> >

> > That's exactly what is happening. Only that the players died to someone else and not you, but they did learn their lesson and port away if their build is not a roaming build.

>

> The "wrong build" excuse does not work anymore, what you mean are unskilled players who don't have protection of a group to carry them so they run. This is why I am glad templates came out, the "roaming build" excuse people loved using does not apply, you have less buttons to push to change your build to this uber powerful roaming build everyone talks about than it takes to WP. The thing is, it has never been about roaming builds vs zerg builds, rather it's always been about skill level of those who do not want to fight. Templates just shines a light on it.

>

Even with the templates, on some classes 2 equipment templates just isn't enough room to have something ready for every situation.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> > most servers at present have constant roamerpacks, so if you're alone there is a solid chance the one pepe is followed by 3-4 more. on my screen at least, charakters get displayed way too late, so if i am alone i'd rather port out. no free bags for the enemy! lag feeds yet enough...

>

> Yeah roaming against jq is toxic af. It's like all their smallscale defenders are in a squad so if you hit one the others instant converge for the loot bag. But there are ways to exploit that behavior if you happen to have a tag that likes to snipe objectives on speed dial coughablesentrycough ;-)

They had (maybe still have) one com that was really fun to mess with as a havoc. ?

Do enough damage with 4-5 people to a T-3 structure and they pop in, you port before they can wipe you, go to another map with a T-3 and repeat. He would port all over the maps and eventually get tied up with a bigger Zerg, keeping the responding group at 5-10 which is far more manageable as a havoc group.

I would have loved to hear their discord.