why its insta kill or be insta killed?

georgessj.4198

I returned to this game with fond memories of people dodging.......stuning.....tanking....... healing.......and so on.......only to realise that nowdays you have 1 second to perform only 1 of the above and insta die right after. Whats the point if the only thing i have to do is google -gw2 1 shot pvp- copy a build and then execute it? where did the fun of outplay your oponent go?? why its insta kill or be insta killed now days? who enjoys this? unskill people that couldnt enter the pvp mode and now can 1 shot anyone???

well actually 1-shot build is a problem now(not because burst, but because too many way to escape punishment after fail, and try again), but against most player, you can survive this burst pretty easily, it's up to your skill not about someone build. And from my perspective, it's still better than meta of unkillable bunkers(but is mostly my preference).

(not because burst, but because too many way to escape punishment after fail, and try again) i wanted to say that too but i got sooo shocked with the state of nowdays pvp that i skipped it unintensionally , what is going on? obviously the stuff in charge for pvp changed but considering the 1 sec deaths and the many matchmaking posts.........did they hire saboteurs in their place? or pvp is just dead and nobody from arena bothers to balance things?

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> You do not die insta, the game gives enaugh to survive everything, if you do not good you die fast, if you are a equal player to your opponent, the fights can go pretty long.

>

Fights only last for burst vs burst as they usually have invaluable skill some kind to save them from burst and their burst combo are on cool down, people get stuck after they faceroll their skill bar.

HP and specially toughness are useless therefore 80% build options are instant dead.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

---

Seriously, this is what you all asked for 2 years ago the removal of conditions 2 years fast forward we are in a pure power meta and guess what its bursty as hell. I warned you guys 2 years ago about this. All them condition mirages did convert to power shatter and all the other condition builds like necros went to reaper. Blame yourselves.

We can solve this by allowing condition specs back in pvp.

> @"georgessj.4198" said:

> I returned to this game with fond memories of people dodging.......stuning.....tanking....... healing.......and so on.......only to realise that nowdays you have 1 second to perform only 1 of the above and insta die right after. Whats the point if the only thing i have to do is google -gw2 1 shot pvp- copy a build and then execute it? where did the fun of outplay your oponent go?? why its insta kill or be insta killed now days? who enjoys this? unskill people that couldnt enter the pvp mode and now can 1 shot anyone???

Because Anet instead chose to ignore our warning, thats why

![](https://i.imgur.com/VovIvCv.jpg "")

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> Big balance patch coming end of february, might change the game, might not, we can only hope.

>

> And ppl thinking that there was only bunker before the dmg meta that we have now probably never played back then

This.

The new balance patch is going to wreak havoc, a dev told us in one of the videos that there are so much as 500-600 skills n trait changes so I would sit tight and watch what happens... very soon

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > Big balance patch coming end of february, might change the game, might not, we can only hope.

> >

> > And ppl thinking that there was only bunker before the dmg meta that we have now probably never played back then

>

> This.

> The new balance patch is going to wreak havoc, a dev told us in one of the videos that there are so much as 500-600 skills n trait changes so I would sit tight and watch what happens... very soon

Very soon, like Alliances?

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

> ---

>

> Seriously, this is what you all asked for 2 years ago the removal of conditions 2 years fast forward we are in a pure power meta and guess what its bursty as hell. I warned you guys 2 years ago about this. All them condition mirages did convert to power shatter and all the other condition builds like necros went to reaper. Blame yourselves.

>

> We can solve this by allowing condition specs back in pvp.

Condition oriented builds that do high levels of damage while also having high sustainability and ability to escape lockdowns are not any less busted and poisonous to the meta because there's a power meta now. There still needs to be a limit on any build, whether condi or power oriented, regarding how much time they allow for response to power damage delivery and damaging conditions. No matter what the meta happens to be, there is no justification for builds that are unreasonable to fight across the board.

excess of anything, whether its power damage, sustain or condi damage needs to be addressed. The people that complained about condi mirage/condi thief/class here in particular were not wrong, and people suddenly getting instanuked on non glass amulets by spiteful mesmers/thieves/class here without telegraph whose builds allow them to do that just means there's two problems. not one.

Also, necros aren't playing reaper. They're playing core, because its the only answer to people that know how to kite short of dying.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

> > ---

> >

> > Seriously, this is what you all asked for 2 years ago the removal of conditions 2 years fast forward we are in a pure power meta and guess what its bursty as hell. I warned you guys 2 years ago about this. All them condition mirages did convert to power shatter and all the other condition builds like necros went to reaper. Blame yourselves.

> >

> > We can solve this by allowing condition specs back in pvp.

>

> Condition oriented builds that do high levels of damage while also having high sustainability and ability to escape lockdowns are not any less busted and poisonous to the meta because there's a power meta now. There still needs to be a limit on any build, whether condi or power oriented, regarding how much time they allow for response to power damage delivery and damaging conditions. No matter what the meta happens to be, there is no justification for builds that are unreasonable to fight across the board.

This was never true then and it isnt now. People then and now refused to put a new skill on there bar and would have rather have the mechanic gone then be given tools to deal with the mechanic i was here when the entire debate started about condition damage and it started FAR LATER in the gamer during PoF hot and vanilla gw2 was absolutely fine with LESS condition removal then we had in PoF. Conditions had been in the game for a long time only in the recent 2 years has it been nerf so hard.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

> > > ---

> > >

> > > Seriously, this is what you all asked for 2 years ago the removal of conditions 2 years fast forward we are in a pure power meta and guess what its bursty as hell. I warned you guys 2 years ago about this. All them condition mirages did convert to power shatter and all the other condition builds like necros went to reaper. Blame yourselves.

> > >

> > > We can solve this by allowing condition specs back in pvp.

> >

> > Condition oriented builds that do high levels of damage while also having high sustainability and ability to escape lockdowns are not any less busted and poisonous to the meta because there's a power meta now. There still needs to be a limit on any build, whether condi or power oriented, regarding how much time they allow for response to power damage delivery and damaging conditions. No matter what the meta happens to be, there is no justification for builds that are unreasonable to fight across the board.

>

> This was never true then and it isnt now. People then and now refused to put a new skill on there bar and would have rather have the mechanic gone then be given tools to deal with the mechanic.

You're half right. There were a contingent of people complaining that refused to adapt, sure. But Condition Mirage in the state that it was in was insane. It has been under the knife more times than almost any other condi spec, and it still remains a strong contender for sidenoding. Thieves were stacking 25+ poison on you in a short period of time before they got rebalanced. It is true that some people are griping and not using what they have to fix the problem, but there indeed have been valid concerns.

> I was here when the entire debate started about condition damage and it started FAR LATER in the gamer during PoF hot and vanilla gw2 was absolutely fine with LESS condition removal then we had in PoF. Conditions had been in the game for a long time only in the recent 2 years has it been nerf so hard.

Some of the condi changes for the PoF era were recent, and new synergies were discovered and became mainstream for Condi Mirage during that time. Nerfs caught up, and any new builds that -resembled- that condi builds power level swiftly got tapped down as well.

> @"OddFinrir.6801" said:

> > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > The new balance patch is going to wreak havoc, a dev told us in one of the videos that there are so much as 500-600 skills n trait changes so I would sit tight and watch what happens... very soon

>

> I saw around 800-900 on the forums.

Oh I hope this is just a teaser and that there will be much more.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > Big balance patch coming end of february, might change the game, might not, we can only hope.

> > >

> > > And ppl thinking that there was only bunker before the dmg meta that we have now probably never played back then

> >

> > This.

> > The new balance patch is going to wreak havoc, a dev told us in one of the videos that there are so much as 500-600 skills n trait changes so I would sit tight and watch what happens... very soon

>

> Very soon, like Alliances?

Well, they actually gave us a month of when itll release unlike alliances....

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> ---

>

> Seriously, this is what you all asked for 2 years ago the removal of conditions 2 years fast forward we are in a pure power meta and guess what its bursty as hell. I warned you guys 2 years ago about this. All them condition mirages did convert to power shatter and all the other condition builds like necros went to reaper. Blame yourselves.

>

lol what

Conditions have nothing to do with this. The core problem is just massive power creep to everything, including conditions.

> @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > Big balance patch coming end of february, might change the game, might not, we can only hope.

> > > >

> > > > And ppl thinking that there was only bunker before the dmg meta that we have now probably never played back then

> > >

> > > This.

> > > The new balance patch is going to wreak havoc, a dev told us in one of the videos that there are so much as 500-600 skills n trait changes so I would sit tight and watch what happens... very soon

> >

> > Very soon, like Alliances?

>

> Well, they actually gave us a month of when itll release unlike alliances....

They can "say" whatever they want and have. It's up to them to restore my trust in them so we'll see when we get there.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> ---

>

>

i prefer todays mesmer over past condi mirage. That thing was insanely broken, to the point i did quit pvp just because of condi mirage.

I feel the same OP. I quite shortly after HoT came out. Started playing again a few months agop the first thing I noticed is how the combat dynamics have changed because of the power creep. I don't PvP much but in WvW (roaming) I rarely see a 1v1 fight last more than 15 or 20 seconds. Usually whoever manages to land the first burst wins. There is very little play/counterplay happening. I really hope they tone the damage down cause it makes for really boring fights.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > > @"DoRi Silvia.4159" said:

> > > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > Big balance patch coming end of february, might change the game, might not, we can only hope.

> > > > >

> > > > > And ppl thinking that there was only bunker before the dmg meta that we have now probably never played back then

> > > >

> > > > This.

> > > > The new balance patch is going to wreak havoc, a dev told us in one of the videos that there are so much as 500-600 skills n trait changes so I would sit tight and watch what happens... very soon

> > >

> > > Very soon, like Alliances?

> >

> > Well, they actually gave us a month of when itll release unlike alliances....

>

> They can "say" whatever they want and have. It's up to them to restore my trust in them so we'll see when we get there.

**+1**

![](https://i.imgur.com/VHvqxlA.jpg "")

PoF specs had too much evasion and defense. Barrier needed to just be 100% omitted from PVP

People eventually got tired of Anet not listening mainly in the department of mirage.

Dodge = attack <----we went throuh this dumb shit with Daredevil and Dragon hunter in sorts.

People myself included started to build more and more agressively.

And as Anet nerfed buils that worked...people took more damage in alternate venues in my opinion because dumb shit like weaver and mirage and Firebrand and dead eye and holo had too many fucking second chances.

It's a problem ONLY in the PoF specs they have too much damage mitigation for the amount of damage they can put out.

Instead of addressing that...People just built to be more punishing.

What did happen is all the meta players that suck just stopped playing and anyone else that actually KNEW a class could still perform outside of the meta of old.

Hence why it seems like everyone is blowing everyone up...THere's not a lot of new players currently. It doesn't mean the BEST just that players who know the classes well enough to play are still here.