Warrior Changes 2.0

Mellow.7409

Shield Master: Reduced Might Duration from 8 seconds to 1 second.

- 1 second of might? As soon as you come out of your blocking stance your might is gone?

Signet of Rage: Reduced fury and swiftness durations from 25 seconds to 6 seconds. Adjusted might from 5 stacks for 25 seconds to 20 stacks for 4 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds

- Sure if it was instant cast time but Signet of Rage has a cast time of 1 second which is absurd in a pvp setting.

Outrage: Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 25 seconds,

- What? Nobody uses that ability in the first place, why nerf it to the ground?

> @"Mellow.7409" said:

> Shield Master: Reduced Might Duration from 8 seconds to 1 second.

> - 1 second of might? As soon as you come out of your blocking stance your might is gone?

>

> Signet of Rage: Reduced fury and swiftness durations from 25 seconds to 6 seconds. Adjusted might from 5 stacks for 25 seconds to 20 stacks for 4 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds

> - Sure if it was instant cast time but Signet of Rage has a cast time of 1 second which is absurd in a pvp setting.

>

> Outrage: Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 25 seconds,

> - What? Nobody uses that ability in the first place, why nerf it to the ground?

>

>

>

> @"Mellow.7409" said:

> And not to speak of the 300 seconds trait cooldowns, just why?

Because 8 seconds applied over many hits, since the Might only procs when an attack hits your block, meant that (**without** boon duration) you accumulated 80 seconds of Might off of, say, a full Rapid Fire hitting your block. Or just many attacks hitting your block either from AoE or multiple persons attacking it. Thats...a lot of Might for a very long time. Boon duration needed to come **down** and Might generation **and** uptime on Warrior was a problem.

The 1 second cast time on Signet of Rage is...well its arguably detrimental but also not. I do agree it could likely do with being instant cast if the intention is to allow it to give you a burst opportunity when you CC someone.

The change to Outrage I imagine is meant to future proof it since with all stunbreak cooldowns going up it would become *the* go to just for the fact that you can use it every 10 seconds. Thats a really short cooldown on a Stunbreak.

As for the 300 second cooldown on Defy Pain and Last Stand that is essentially meant as a placeholder change so that those passives have minimal to zero effect on the upcoming changes. The passives needed to go and that was the best way to ensure they would go unused and keep them from influencing the information they want going forward after the update hits.

> @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"Mellow.7409" said:

> > Shield Master: Reduced Might Duration from 8 seconds to 1 second.

> > - 1 second of might? As soon as you come out of your blocking stance your might is gone?

> Because 8 seconds applied over many hits, since the Might only procs when an attack hits your block, meant that (**without** boon duration) you accumulated 80 seconds of Might off of, say, a full Rapid Fire hitting your block. Or just many attacks hitting your block either from AoE or multiple persons attacking it. Thats...a lot of Might for a very long time. Boon duration needed to come **down** and Might generation **and** uptime on Warrior was a problem.

I went into HoTM and tested it and shield master doesn't have any sort of special property. The might from that trait still only stacks intensity. The duration of each stack of might is exactly 8 seconds without boon or might uptime altering runes and such since every stack of might sort of ticks down separately.

If you get hit with rapid fire for instance, you get like 10-ish stacks of might for 8 seconds max. As in, not 80 seconds.

If it gets nerfed down to 1 second, you will have lost pretty much all but the very last single stack of might before shield stance ends if you do not have some kind of boon duration rune.

too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

> @"lighter.2708" said:

> too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

> and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

that 1 sec of might means that you heal and gain endurance every time you block something. anyone that plays warrior for reals understands that.

I see someone read only the warrior changes and nothing more.

The team that did the changes can only change numbers and not rework traits.

Having 1 second of might on Shield Master still has crazy good synergy with other traits.

ALL stunbreaks are getting nerfed. Outrage therefor too.

300 Second CDs is the only way the balance team can "delete" them from the game.

They will be removed/reworked later from another team.

20 stacks of Might is nothing to scoff at. Especialy with trait synergy.

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> Good nerfs, a little Mild if you ask me. Could/Should've been much more severe.

Why not just post " hi I am a biased player that does not like warrior and would like to see it nerfed to the ground regardless of all the other players who enjoy the class, thanks"

Just be honest and say what u think, ur keyboard doesn't hide u as well as u think lol

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"lighter.2708" said:

> > too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

> > and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

>

> that 1 sec of might means that you heal and gain endurance every time you block something. anyone that plays warrior for reals understands that.

Again leo in a non mirage telling g players of their own class that the skill their saying needs love is fine lmao.

Anyone who plays warrior understands 1 sec of might is pointless. Most times ur blocking it's not only not multiple projectiles but melee hits that as soon as ur shield raises ur opponent usually stops attacking to not waste skill CD's etc and they don't sit there autoing ur shield. So in the end without strength rune the might gain won't give u damage/healing or endurance even close to a degree that would make any noticeable difference. might as well just removed might out right.

I get what calls trying to do but hes over nerfing some things to a point of uselessness. They have a opportunity to bring people back and try and improve this games low population and it's great their trying something but making decision like this one and making certain skills or boons useless whether its cause or its duration will just cause more people to leave within weeks after the patch lowering this game already low population.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"lighter.2708" said:

> > > too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

> > > and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

> >

> > that 1 sec of might means that you heal and gain endurance every time you block something. anyone that plays warrior for reals understands that.

>

> Again leo in a non mirage telling g players of their own class that the skill their saying needs love is fine lmao.

>

> Anyone who plays warrior understands 1 sec of might is pointless. Most times ur blocking it's not only not multiple projectiles but melee hits that as soon as ur shield raises ur opponent usually stops attacking to not waste skill CD's etc and they don't sit there autoing ur shield. So in the end without strength rune the might gain won't give u damage/healing or endurance even close to a degree that would make any noticeable difference. might as well just removed might out right.

> I get what calls trying to do but hes over nerfing some things to a point of uselessness.

sorry for breathing dude

each might gained gives 2 endurance and 50 ???? healing next patch.

blocking 5-10 hits is 10-20 endurance and 250-500 healing.

Its not amazing but its not as useless as people make it out to be.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> I see someone read only the warrior changes and nothing more.

>

> The team that did the changes can only change numbers and not rework traits.

>

> Having 1 second of might on Shield Master still has crazy good synergy with other traits.

>

> ALL stunbreaks are getting nerfed. Outrage therefor too.

>

> 300 Second CDs is the only way the balance team can "delete" them from the game.

> They will be removed/reworked later from another team.

>

> 20 stacks of Might is nothing to scoff at. Especialy with trait synergy.

>

>

I agree with everything u said except whether might has great synergy with some builds means nothing in the end as 1 sec of might having great synergy is still 1 sec lol useless gain in the end as ud notice zero difference if it was there or not.

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"lighter.2708" said:

> > > > too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

> > > > and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

> > >

> > > that 1 sec of might means that you heal and gain endurance every time you block something. anyone that plays warrior for reals understands that.

> >

> > Again leo in a non mirage telling g players of their own class that the skill their saying needs love is fine lmao.

> >

> > Anyone who plays warrior understands 1 sec of might is pointless. Most times ur blocking it's not only not multiple projectiles but melee hits that as soon as ur shield raises ur opponent usually stops attacking to not waste skill CD's etc and they don't sit there autoing ur shield. So in the end without strength rune the might gain won't give u damage/healing or endurance even close to a degree that would make any noticeable difference. might as well just removed might out right.

> > I get what calls trying to do but hes over nerfing some things to a point of uselessness.

>

> sorry for breathing dude

> each might gained gives 2 endurance and 50 ???? healing next patch.

> blocking 5-10 hits is 10-20 endurance and 250-500 healing.

> Its not amazing but its not as useless as people make it out to be.

Again u serious? When or how often are u blocking 5 to 10 hits? Why do u use best case all stars aligned scenario? More often u may block 1 or 2 hits giving u? Wow that's worth it. 50-100 healing? Endurance gain will be insignificant as well. In most cases and scenarios the might gain will be useless. But maybe in wvw every few hrs in a zerg u could run into a fight to block 20 attacks to make it worth it and u know die right after, phew glad I had that might gain on 20 hits lol. Or u counting on one or even two bot rangers to sit there rapid firing than continually autoing u while ur blocking to get those 20 hits? Lol

Honestly what kinda players are u fighting where they continually attack u with shield up? Even in a 1v2 a warrior may block two attacks before opponents stop attacking to wait the block out lol.

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"lighter.2708" said:

> > > > > too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

> > > > > and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

> > > >

> > > > that 1 sec of might means that you heal and gain endurance every time you block something. anyone that plays warrior for reals understands that.

> > >

> > > Again leo in a non mirage telling g players of their own class that the skill their saying needs love is fine lmao.

> > >

> > > Anyone who plays warrior understands 1 sec of might is pointless. Most times ur blocking it's not only not multiple projectiles but melee hits that as soon as ur shield raises ur opponent usually stops attacking to not waste skill CD's etc and they don't sit there autoing ur shield. So in the end without strength rune the might gain won't give u damage/healing or endurance even close to a degree that would make any noticeable difference. might as well just removed might out right.

> > > I get what calls trying to do but hes over nerfing some things to a point of uselessness.

> >

> > sorry for breathing dude

> > each might gained gives 2 endurance and 50 ???? healing next patch.

> > blocking 5-10 hits is 10-20 endurance and 250-500 healing.

> > Its not amazing but its not as useless as people make it out to be.

>

> Again u serious? When or how often are u blocking 5 to 10 hits? Why do u use best case all stars aligned scenario? More often u may block 1 or 2 hits giving u? Wow that's worth it. 50-100 healing? Endurance gain will be insignificant as well. In most cases and scenarios the might gain will be useless. But maybe in wvw every few hrs in a zerg u could run into a fight to block 20 attacks to make it worth it and u know die right after, phew glad I had that might gain on 20 hits lol. Or u counting on one or even two bot rangers to sit there rapid firing than continually autoing u while ur blocking to get those 20 hits? Lol

> Honestly what kinda players are u fighting where they continually attack u with shield up? Even in a 1v2 a warrior may block two attacks before opponents stop attacking to wait the block out lol.

its case specific but on average you should be able to block at least 2 hits from 1v1.

and in bigger figts there is ALOT of stray hits that will bump into you, skills like rapid fire that cant be canceled fast will hit at least 3-4 times.

clones from mesmer cant be stopped, scepter ambush will hit 10-15 times, delayed axe hits/ambushes hit alot of times too.

skills like warrior gs3 will hit 2-3 times alone.

you have buardian focus that keeps ticking, you have marks that pulse damage, and when you get ganked and focused you also can block alot of hits.

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > @"lighter.2708" said:

> > > > > > too be honest, 1 second might on block seems extra pointless to me...

> > > > > > and signet of rage..20 might seem good, but ...4 second, so basically u only need to avoid warrior for 4 second and the elite is pointless, plus 1 second cast time, so u have plenty of time to start walking away for 4 seconds...rampage and banner is still better, unless u use signet for heals lol

> > > > >

> > > > > that 1 sec of might means that you heal and gain endurance every time you block something. anyone that plays warrior for reals understands that.

> > > >

> > > > Again leo in a non mirage telling g players of their own class that the skill their saying needs love is fine lmao.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone who plays warrior understands 1 sec of might is pointless. Most times ur blocking it's not only not multiple projectiles but melee hits that as soon as ur shield raises ur opponent usually stops attacking to not waste skill CD's etc and they don't sit there autoing ur shield. So in the end without strength rune the might gain won't give u damage/healing or endurance even close to a degree that would make any noticeable difference. might as well just removed might out right.

> > > > I get what calls trying to do but hes over nerfing some things to a point of uselessness.

> > >

> > > sorry for breathing dude

> > > each might gained gives 2 endurance and 50 ???? healing next patch.

> > > blocking 5-10 hits is 10-20 endurance and 250-500 healing.

> > > Its not amazing but its not as useless as people make it out to be.

> >

> > Again u serious? When or how often are u blocking 5 to 10 hits? Why do u use best case all stars aligned scenario? More often u may block 1 or 2 hits giving u? Wow that's worth it. 50-100 healing? Endurance gain will be insignificant as well. In most cases and scenarios the might gain will be useless. But maybe in wvw every few hrs in a zerg u could run into a fight to block 20 attacks to make it worth it and u know die right after, phew glad I had that might gain on 20 hits lol. Or u counting on one or even two bot rangers to sit there rapid firing than continually autoing u while ur blocking to get those 20 hits? Lol

> > Honestly what kinda players are u fighting where they continually attack u with shield up? Even in a 1v2 a warrior may block two attacks before opponents stop attacking to wait the block out lol.

>

> its case specific but on average you should be able to block at least 2 hits from 1v1.

> and in bigger figts there is ALOT of stray hits that will bump into you, skills like rapid fire that cant be canceled fast will hit at least 3-4 times.

> clones from mesmer cant be stopped, scepter ambush will hit 10-15 times, delayed axe hits/ambushes hit alot of times too.

> skills like warrior gs3 will hit 2-3 times alone.

> you have buardian focus that keeps ticking, you have marks that pulse damage, and when you get ganked and focused you also can block alot of hits.

>

So were basing this off stray hits now? Lol

And if ur against a good player the sec ur shield pops up they stop attacking, u may get one blocked attack in.

Let me rephrase then. 1 sec on might will be completely useless except for some very small fraction of niche occurances where enough hits are blocked for the stacking of 1 sec might on each to make any sort of difference:)

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > Good nerfs, a little Mild if you ask me. Could/Should've been much more severe.

>

> Why not just post " hi I am a biased player that does not like warrior and would like to see it nerfed to the ground regardless of all the other players who enjoy the class, thanks"

> Just be honest and say what u think, ur keyboard doesn't hide u as well as u think lol

I'm merely taking one from your playbook :wink:

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > Good nerfs, a little Mild if you ask me. Could/Should've been much more severe.

> >

> > Why not just post " hi I am a biased player that does not like warrior and would like to see it nerfed to the ground regardless of all the other players who enjoy the class, thanks"

> > Just be honest and say what u think, ur keyboard doesn't hide u as well as u think lol

>

> I'm merely taking one from your playbook :wink:

Ahhh my how to defend one of ur main from bias nerf cries playbook? Didn't know u were warrior player lol

1 second of anything aside from quickness, immobilize,dazes, stuns and the like ends up useless for obvious reasons. Even quickness as strong as it is is basically just a cast time reduction at 1 Sec lol.

Unless they raise it to 3 seconds delete the might gain. This game is bloated with useless traits and skills that either have always been useless and never used or anets team nerfs it and adds to the pile. The circumstances are so niche that 1 sec might would make any difference they might as well decrease calculations that are un needed and delete the might off of it. It's a shield and it's a block,if it blocks attacks jobs done.

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > Good nerfs, a little Mild if you ask me. Could/Should've been much more severe.

> > >

> > > Why not just post " hi I am a biased player that does not like warrior and would like to see it nerfed to the ground regardless of all the other players who enjoy the class, thanks"

> > > Just be honest and say what u think, ur keyboard doesn't hide u as well as u think lol

> >

> > I'm merely taking one from your playbook :wink:

>

> Ahhh my how to defend one of ur main from bias nerf cries playbook? Didn't know u were warrior player lol

> 1 second of anything aside from quickness, immobilize,dazes, stuns and the like ends up useless for obvious reasons. Even quickness as strong as it is is basically just a cast time reduction at 1 Sec lol

Should be 0.5s at best, applied at the end.

Also going Berserk should be taxing HP for the duration, going SB should be landing a constant damage debuff in 5% increments for every second you spend in combat. Once you hit 0% dmg, you automatically die.

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > > Good nerfs, a little Mild if you ask me. Could/Should've been much more severe.

> > > >

> > > > Why not just post " hi I am a biased player that does not like warrior and would like to see it nerfed to the ground regardless of all the other players who enjoy the class, thanks"

> > > > Just be honest and say what u think, ur keyboard doesn't hide u as well as u think lol

> > >

> > > I'm merely taking one from your playbook :wink:

> >

> > Ahhh my how to defend one of ur main from bias nerf cries playbook? Didn't know u were warrior player lol

> > 1 second of anything aside from quickness, immobilize,dazes, stuns and the like ends up useless for obvious reasons. Even quickness as strong as it is is basically just a cast time reduction at 1 Sec lol

>

> Should be 0.5s at best, applied at the end.

> Also going Berserk should be taxing HP for the duration, going SB should be landing a constant damage debuff in 5% increments for every second you spend in combat. Once you hit 0% dmg, you automatically die.

Lol sounds about right for sure.

Holo Smith heat rises with now cool down mechanics and if u over heat u burn to death. All engi elites lose use of kits cuz they dont know how to use the gizmodo's

Soulbeast if u un merge during combat ur pet turns on u for trapping him within u and he does a unavoidable knockdown and rips ur throat out.

Necro when shrouds end if target is not defeated spirits rise from the ground insta killing u by dragging ur soul to hell.

Mirage all clones and phantasms turn on the mirage and are unkillable until mirage is dead if the mirage doesnt shatter them within .5 sec of creation.

Thief loses 50% endurance after each dodge and stealth depletes hp by 15% every sec spent in stealth.

Guardian and its specs have a continued hp drain that can only be slowed while supporting a team member. Dies when hp is 0.

Ele if a sustain skill or burning skill is used within 25 sec of another water or burn skill it now transfers burning to ele and healing to opponent.

Be a fun game no? Lol

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > > > Good nerfs, a little Mild if you ask me. Could/Should've been much more severe.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why not just post " hi I am a biased player that does not like warrior and would like to see it nerfed to the ground regardless of all the other players who enjoy the class, thanks"

> > > > > Just be honest and say what u think, ur keyboard doesn't hide u as well as u think lol

> > > >

> > > > I'm merely taking one from your playbook :wink:

> > >

> > > Ahhh my how to defend one of ur main from bias nerf cries playbook? Didn't know u were warrior player lol

> > > 1 second of anything aside from quickness, immobilize,dazes, stuns and the like ends up useless for obvious reasons. Even quickness as strong as it is is basically just a cast time reduction at 1 Sec lol

> >

> > Should be 0.5s at best, applied at the end.

> > Also going Berserk should be taxing HP for the duration, going SB should be landing a constant damage debuff in 5% increments for every second you spend in combat. Once you hit 0% dmg, you automatically die.

>

> Lol sounds about right for sure.

> Holo Smith heat rises with now cool down mechanics and if u over heat u burn to death. All engi elites lose use of kits cuz they dont know how to use the gizmodo's

>

> Soulbeast if u un merge during combat ur pet turns on u for trapping him within u and he does a unavoidable knockdown and rips ur throat out.

>

> Necro when shrouds end if target is not defeated spirits rise from the ground insta killing u by dragging ur soul to hell.

>

> Mirage all clones and phantasms turn on the mirage and are unkillable until mirage is dead if the mirage doesnt shatter them within .5 sec of creation.

>

> Thief loses 50% endurance after each dodge and stealth depletes hp by 15% every sec spent in stealth.

>

> Guardian and its specs have a continued hp drain that can only be slowed while supporting a team member. Dies when hp is 0.

>

> Ele if a sustain skill or burning skill is used within 25 sec of another water or burn skill it now transfers burning to ele and healing to opponent.

>

> Be a fun game no? Lol

(insert De Niro accent) Now you get it, this kid... a lil slow on the intake but I like him.

Those changes are w/e, you still get endurance from might makes right, hate evade spam.

The stupidest changes are the nerf to Hammer, it's already hard to land Hammer skills and people are actually saying the changes are fine. ANET nerfing what people don't die to or balancing around low reaction time Mesmer, Ranger, Guardian, Strength Warrior mains.

Evades are stupid, and people who defend them are just as bad. I don't think these Warrior changes are that bad if ANET wanted to "slow down" the game and make it easier to follow.