This Patch is actually... GOOD!

I am more shocked than anyone, but I have had some AMAZING pvp matches today and I find myself thinking....

wow. This is good!

I am having a lot of fun, fights are taking longer / more strategic, but not by a whole lot just a little.... and the games have been a bit closer in score.

The jury is still out but.... it seems really good!

Speak for yourself. Surge of the Mists gets that little wind up...IN PVE AS WELL! WHY? WHY WAS THIS NEEDED IN PVE!? It actually makes it more difficult to time our stuns properly. If the target is not moving, sure, it's okay, but when it's moving?

"Haha, missed me!"

"Wut? Did I feel a breeze just now?"

"Aww, you need glasses since you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!"

Really, when it comes to competitive modes, I totally get and support this change, but in PvE? I thought they were splitting PvE/WvW/PvP changes from now and NOT doing stupid shit like this anymore! The one change I like is previous Precision Strike to Chilling Isolation. I thought it would suck, but now with mobs that put up reflects, my attack now hits without repercussions to me while trying to take on champs that love reflecting projectiles (inb4 they revert the changes to spite us). I swear, they need PvE testers as well, not just PvP and WvW testers.

Have not PvPed (and probably would not for months, if at all anymore). PvE wise:

Guardian, same.. changes that do not matter and did not add any diversity.

I liked power mesmer changes. Still has issues, but better than before.

Rev, power, probably does higher overall damage. I was skeptical of some of the changes, but I think they are pretty solid. Condi rev seems far burstier. Removal of confusion in favor of torment, is solid for damage consistency.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"NaramSin.2693" said:

> > Yes really good this patch, I can kill myself just using the revenant healing skill (and all the other elite skills..).... 92 minutes of applause....

>

> How so??

I think it's a bad re-implementation of "replenishing despair" or some bugged interaction with this trait, in any case, great work...

edit:

Ok no they just screwd up traits position, nice idea :)

re: It's just for pvp and wvw - Nope. Thanks to the way skills can and cannot be split between modes, PvE gets to share some of the nerf. And with PvE the nerf isn't balanced, because it's not reflected in our opponents like it is in PvP and WvW.(Where your opponents are other players under the same nerfs you are) We get to try and break the same break bars with nerfed CC, fight the same CC spamming mobs with less stunbreak and stability. So it's a sacrifice PvE is being made to take for the sake of the other game modes.

Yeah, in PvE, which is all I play, not so much. It seems especially with the CC/Stability/stunbreak nonsense they have simply made gameplay worse. I don't see how you get around this; it's a straight-up nerf that affects the game by making it less fun to play. Generally, this is something you simply don't do as you evolve a game. The game should always be improving and becoming more fun to play.

I've heard some say don't worry this is simply a stepwise process. Let me offer an alternative. 1) Decide where you want to go; 2) Take steps in that direction, improving the game incrementally. I know it sounds simple and, in fact, it is.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > I liked power mesmer changes. Still has issues, but better than before.

> Power chrono is just op now. 42k dps golem bench and it can buff quickness. 42k is just way too high.

>

It's one thing to do 42k on a golem that stands still; it's another when you actually take it out to real battles.

> @"Melech.4308" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > I liked power mesmer changes. Still has issues, but better than before.

> > Power chrono is just op now. 42k dps golem bench and it can buff quickness. 42k is just way too high.

> >

>

> It's one thing to do 42k on a golem that stands still; it's another when you actually take it out to real battles.

what stops it from doing those numbers on bosses?

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"Melech.4308" said:

> > > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > I liked power mesmer changes. Still has issues, but better than before.

> > > Power chrono is just op now. 42k dps golem bench and it can buff quickness. 42k is just way too high.

> > >

> >

> > It's one thing to do 42k on a golem that stands still; it's another when you actually take it out to real battles.

>

> what stops it from doing those numbers on bosses?

Bosses attack you, interrupt you, and can kill you? Once you interrupt a power mesmer who is in Continuum Split, the DPS goes down significantly

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> Love the changes to explosives so far. I hope they will do the same to the firearms trait line in the future.

I hope not. I switched from explosives to firearms because they removed Blasting Zone and Big Boomer. If I lose High Caliber and No Scope too I don't know what I'll put in there. Gizmos?

Speaking of such: I ran the new build through Maguuma. I should have been using the firearms line all along. Thanks Anet! (seriously)