Revenant Energy suggestion/discussion.

Yasai.3549

Revenant right now is going from bad to worse.

Energy system is failing because we are being gutted by high Energy costs while still having sizeable cooldowns on some weapon skills.

I think it's time Anet decides to rework the Energy system altogether, and I have created this thread to gather suggestions and for people to discuss about the ideas everyone has put down.

Hopefully Anet does read this thread.

My suggestion :

Energy changes its function to be a "time limit" instead of "fuel"

Revenants start combat with 100% Energy and it drains over time and refreshes when yu swap Legends. (Drain would be at a rate of 10% per second)

Upkeep skills are made more powerful and adds drain upon activating. (will increase drain to 15% per second)

Skills have their CDs adjusted so that they aren't so spammable, but cooldowns are still short enough that Revs are strong within this short window.. (highest 15 seconds, lowest 5 seconds)

Weapon skills and Utilities no longer cost Energy.

When Energy drains to 0%, the utilities are locked out and forces the player to swap Legends.

* Energy from weapon skills removed

* Revenant start at 100 energy

* Legend swapping no longer has cooldown but also no longer provides energy on legend swap allowing us to pick best kit for x fight and swap as needed

* Cooldowns from utility skills removed completely (core legends)

> @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> * Energy from weapon skills removed

> * Revenant start at 100 energy

> * Legend swapping no longer has cooldown but also no longer provides energy on legend swap allowing us to pick best kit for x fight and swap as needed

> * Cooldowns from utility skills removed completely (core legends)

This is an awesome idea.

I think it would make Revenant more "Elementalist" like if Energy continued to recharged while swapped out and then being able to swap between Legends freely.

Of course this would mean no Energy reset to 50, which will still make Rev players need to manage Energy wisely if not both their Legends will be empty and they will be left with no utility.

Good suggestion.

> * Energy from weapon skills removed

> * Revenant start at 100 energy

> * Legend swapping no longer has cooldown but also no longer provides energy on legend swap allowing us to pick best kit for x fight and swap as needed

> * Cooldowns from utility skills removed completely (core legends)

>

>

Damn these are good suggestions. But people would probably cry because it is too op?

> @"zallesz.1650" said:

> kitten these are good suggestions. But people would probably cry because it is too op?

If anything it will make Revenant unable to spam abilities because there is no natural regen, only passive regen when it is swapped out.

Once yu hit like, Pain Absorb and CtA, yur already 60 energy down and left with 40 to use on Heal skill, EtD and Banish Enchantment, and that is gonna go very fast if yu continue to spam.

This will actually make Energy traits stronger for picking as well.

>

this would make revs in pve terrible, since it would just be an all out attacker.

It would make the rev extremely overpowered in short fights, but will have many low-dmg breaks in longer(raid) fights.

Like the most holosmith builds... u get into fight and if the fight goes too long, you are screwed.

but the others are good ones :bleep_bloop:

My idea would keep things mostly the same but make legend swap a slightly more dynamic choice.

What I'd do is implement two energy pools, one pool for your active legend and one pool for your inactive legend. After swapping legends your inactive legend would go on a 5 second cooldown and reset its energy pool to 0. The inactive energy pool would then recharge at 5 energy per sec so when you swap back the amount of energy available will vary depending how long you waited. If you only waited for the 5 second cooldown, you'd only have 25 energy to use, but if you waited 10 seconds you'd have 50 energy like you normally would. You could also wait longer than 10 seconds and accumulate more energy if you wanted.

Additionally the Charged Mists trait could be reworked to complement this mechanic by simply having it increase the recharge rate for your inactive legend. With an increased recharge rate of 50% you'd have 75 energy after 10 seconds which is close to how it works now, but without needing to jump through hoops.

**Energy after Legend Swap**

* 5 Second Recharge - 25 Energy

* 10 Second Recharge - 50 Energy

* 15 Second Recharge - 75 Energy

* 20+ Second Recharge - 100 Energy

**Energy after Legend Swap (Charged Mists)**

* 5 Second Recharge - 37.5 Energy

* 10 Second Recharge - 75 Energy

* 15+ Second Recharge - 100 Energy

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> My idea would keep things mostly the same but make legend swap a slightly more dynamic choice.

>

> What I'd do is implement two energy pools, one pool for your active legend and one pool for your inactive legend. After swapping legends your inactive legend would go on a 5 second cooldown and reset its energy pool to 0. The inactive energy pool would then recharge at 5 energy per sec so when you swap back the amount of energy available will vary depending how long you waited. If you only waited for the 5 second cooldown, you'd only have 25 energy to use, but if you waited 10 seconds you'd have 50 energy like you normally would. You could also wait longer than 10 seconds and accumulate more energy if you wanted.

>

> Additionally the Charged Mists trait could be reworked to complement this mechanic by simply having it increase the recharge rate for your inactive legend. With an increased recharge rate of 50% you'd have 75 energy after 10 seconds which is close to how it works now, but without needing to jump through hoops.

>

> **Energy after Legend Swap**

> * 5 Second Recharge - 25 Energy

> * 10 Second Recharge - 50 Energy

> * 15 Second Recharge - 75 Energy

> * 20+ Second Recharge - 100 Energy

>

> **Energy after Legend Swap (Charged Mists)**

> * 5 Second Recharge - 37.5 Energy

> * 10 Second Recharge - 75 Energy

> * 15+ Second Recharge - 100 Energy

This is actually pretty good. Have my thumbs up sir.

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> This is actually pretty good. Have my thumbs up sir.

Except it kinda promotes Legend camping, and with our current Energy costs, it's not viable.

This would be great only if we have the Rev utilities looked at and have their Energy costs adjusted.

If not, this will actually hurt Rev harder because if yu swap at the quickest available time for say, a stunbreak, yur still not gonna get the Energy needed for a stunbreak, plus yur recently swapped Legend will automatically drain itself upon swapping.

Maybe remove the drain on swapping would be nice, then Rev would have something similar to Thief's Ini system except it's being split in two and having one in reserve while the active one fuels skill costs.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

>

> > This is actually pretty good. Have my thumbs up sir.

>

> Except it kinda promotes Legend camping, and with our current Energy costs, it's not viable.

> This would be great only if we have the Rev utilities looked at and have their Energy costs adjusted.

>

> If not, this will actually hurt Rev harder because if yu swap at the quickest available time for say, a stunbreak, yur still not gonna get the Energy needed for a stunbreak, plus yur recently swapped Legend will automatically drain itself upon swapping.

>

> Maybe remove the drain on swapping would be nice, then Rev would have something similar to Thief's Ini system except it's being split in two and having one in reserve while the active one fuels skill costs.

>

>

Yeah, that’s a good point.

Energy is working fine for gating everything except stun breaks. You often are caught without enough energy to break a stun, and legend swap is on cool down. No other class faces this issue right now.

There are 2 solutions to this.

1. First, make all all stun breaks cost 5 energy and have a normal cool down. In a way, the most viable stun break Revenant has already functions like this in Gaze of Darkness.

2. The best option, however, is to have all all stun breaks cost half energy when they actually break a stun (player is mezzed), but then receive an additional recharge penalty (perhaps 10-15 seconds). When a stun break does not break an actual stun, it would cost full energy and not have a recharge penalty (repeat use available as it is currently, just gated by energy.)

This would make a few things happen for the class. Firstly, you could still use many stun break skills without a CD solely for their effects. This has become a key aspect of the class for many builds. Secondly, the Revenant class would have more reliable access to stun breaks when actually stunned, as many of them would suddenly cost just 15 to 20 energy when mezzed, and the skill would incur a recharge penalty to pay for/balance this reduced cost.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

>

> > This is actually pretty good. Have my thumbs up sir.

>

> Except it kinda promotes Legend camping, and with our current Energy costs, it's not viable.

> This would be great only if we have the Rev utilities looked at and have their Energy costs adjusted.

>

> If not, this will actually hurt Rev harder because if yu swap at the quickest available time for say, a stunbreak, yur still not gonna get the Energy needed for a stunbreak, plus yur recently swapped Legend will automatically drain itself upon swapping.

>

> Maybe remove the drain on swapping would be nice, then Rev would have something similar to Thief's Ini system except it's being split in two and having one in reserve while the active one fuels skill costs.

>

>

The only benefit to camping would be a lack of diminishing return if you put off swapping for a second or two more than normal. If you need a stunbreak you'd only need to wait up to 7 seconds for most legends compared to a full 10 seconds like now. Then if you want to switch back you'd only need to wait 5 seconds, rather than another 10 seconds. If anything you'd be swapping legends more often rather than camping.

I wish they'd do *something* to make the Revenant more intuitive to play. It's my favourite class concept but it's so clunky in use. I often find I'm not using most of my abilities because the bar drains too fast otherwise. If it started at 100 out of combat it might promote more of a tactical use than simply swapping off cooldown because the one ability I used rendered me exhausted. I dunno, it just feels like it needs another balance pass.

Well latest version of rev is really clunky. People are complaining that rev utilities doing too many things yet they do not consider how rev is unable to change them as they wish.

If it continues like this rev will be a really boring profession to play and will start to lose its core players in big numbers.

First of all i think legend swap should be affected by alacrity at least .

Next while i like the idea of starting up with 100 energy i think they could rework charged mists(think that is the trait name) so it makes rev start at 75 energy alwais and if swaping under 20 energy you start with 100.

Also i think at least some weapons should get less cooldown at least ( for example offhand sword because in power builds ,at least in pve, you dont realy have that many skills you can use to deal dmg ,or hammer because it is already slow enought on its own )

> @"zaswer.5246" said:

> First of all i think legend swap should be affected by alacrity at least .

> Next while i like the idea of starting up with 100 energy i think they could rework charged mists(think that is the trait name) so it makes rev start at 75 energy alwais and if swaping under 20 energy you start with 100.

> Also i think at least some weapons should get less cooldown at least ( for example offhand sword because in power builds ,at least in pve, you dont realy have that many skills you can use to deal dmg ,or hammer because it is already slow enought on its own )

Agreed. They keep bumping up CDs but don’t reduce energy costs or vice versa. There’s supposed to be a give/take with this double punishment of skill usage, yet we’re not seeing it. Several of our skills are already comparable/ getting close to other class skills in terms of CDs.