Cantha... And then what ?

Eday.4850

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Eday.4850" said:

> If Cantha is the pinacle of GW1 fanatics... What would come after that ? The End ? (I hope not in my opinion)

They just started working on the next expac and you already want to speculate about what's going to come _after_ that? :o Wow. ;)

Anyway, I think the more interesting question is what we will see between LWS5 and Expac 3, because I doubt the expansion will be released before 2022 or even 2023. I hope for new content other than LW, like more of those interesting side stories, more scrying pool missions and such.

> @"Eday.4850" said:

> Right now, we are in The Icebrood Saga in the story. But all good stuff have an ends and Anet just showed us a fanart that looks like we will go to Cantha in the next extension. Despite the fact that I'm bored to see that the future extension will be AGAIN human focused, I asked myself a question :

>

> If Cantha is the pinacle of GW1 fanatics... What would come after that ? The End ? (I hope not in my opinion)

At that point, we start moving into unexplored areas which I think people are really excited about. Maybe even off-world?

We also have the underground in which Asura and Dwarves could be made focus. We also don't know that Cantha will be solely human focused. For all we know some demons from the mists could have overthrown the Canthan empire, or Largos. Sure, it's likely to have primarily humans still, but the story could be about reclaiming land for the Tengu. I'd wait till the end of this season to decide that it's going to be human-centric.

While I believe Bubbles will be involved, it's not a given. And if not Bubbles, I'm not sure what could entice the Canthan empire to finally reach out but I'd imagine it would have to be something far more dangerous than a civil war or political conflict. There's also the fact that we could be going there regardless due to needing more elder dragon replacements due to discovering something about Aurene this season I guess.

> @"Eday.4850" said:

> Right now, we are in The Icebrood Saga in the story. But all good stuff have an ends and Anet just showed us a fanart that looks like we will go to Cantha in the next extension. Despite the fact that I'm bored to see that the future extension will be AGAIN human focused, I asked myself a question :

>

How about humans were mostly wiped out by some kind of virus and therefore it’s mostly Tengu left?!

> @"Jokel.5164" said:

>

>

> > @"Eday.4850" said:

> > Right now, we are in The Icebrood Saga in the story. But all good stuff have an ends and Anet just showed us a fanart that looks like we will go to Cantha in the next extension. Despite the fact that I'm bored to see that the future extension will be AGAIN human focused, I asked myself a question :

> >

> > If Cantha is the pinacle of GW1 fanatics... What would come after that ? The End ? (I hope not in my opinion)

>

> How about humans were mostly wiped out by some kind of virus and therefore it’s mostly Tengu left?!

>

>

That's what it was supposed to happen in PoF with Joko... '-'

But yes. A tengu centered story would be nice.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Eday.4850" said:

> > Right now, we are in The Icebrood Saga in the story. But all good stuff have an ends and Anet just showed us a fanart that looks like we will go to Cantha in the next extension. Despite the fact that I'm bored to see that the future extension will be AGAIN human focused, I asked myself a question :

> >

> > If Cantha is the pinacle of GW1 fanatics... What would come after that ? The End ? (I hope not in my opinion)

>

> At that point, we start moving into unexplored areas which I think people are really excited about. Maybe even off-world?

>

> We also have the underground in which Asura and Dwarves could be made focus. We also don't know that Cantha will be solely human focused. For all we know some demons from the mists could have overthrown the Canthan empire, or Largos. Sure, it's likely to have primarily humans still, but the story could be about reclaiming land for the Tengu. I'd wait till the end of this season to decide that it's going to be human-centric.

>

> While I believe Bubbles will be involved, it's not a given. And if not Bubbles, I'm not sure what could entice the Canthan empire to finally reach out but I'd imagine it would have to be something far more dangerous than a civil war or political conflict. There's also the fact that we could be going there regardless due to needing more elder dragon replacements due to discovering something about Aurene this season I guess.

>

>

Exactly. I'm not against cantha, but I'm so fed up with humans-centric expac/story.

Just looks how superficial was rata novus. Sad, really sad. Even mallyck the sylvari was totally forgotten.

Btw, what are they doing in rata novus? The arcane council and phlunt are here for a quite long time now....

Don't forget when GW1 was first released Cantha and Elona didn't exist. The norn and asura didn't exist until Eye of the North was created, and the sylvari were only hinted at before GW2 was released. We're already been to some places in GW2 which weren't in GW1, and at least two new islands have been created during the story (Southsun and Dragonfall).

That's the convenient thing about a fictional world - Tyria is as big and detailed and has as many races and creatures and problems as Anet wants for the stories they want to tell. There is absolutely no reason to think that just because they've re-used all the areas which were in the first game that means we've run out of stuff and they'll have to stop.

For a start the full world map file shows a massive amount of lands east of Ascalon and Elona which we know absolutely nothing about: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_map_(clean).jpg

There's also a lot underground where the asura and skritt used to live and the last dwarves and most of the destroyers still are. If we're able to sort out Primordius in some way we could explore that too. And there's a potentially infinite number of other worlds through the Mists, both ones we know about already like the humans gods' realms, and ones we don't know about yet.

> @"Eday.4850" said:

> > @"Jokel.5164" said:

> >

> >

> > > @"Eday.4850" said:

> > > Right now, we are in The Icebrood Saga in the story. But all good stuff have an ends and Anet just showed us a fanart that looks like we will go to Cantha in the next extension. Despite the fact that I'm bored to see that the future extension will be AGAIN human focused, I asked myself a question :

> > >

> > > If Cantha is the pinacle of GW1 fanatics... What would come after that ? The End ? (I hope not in my opinion)

> >

> > How about humans were mostly wiped out by some kind of virus and therefore it’s mostly Tengu left?!

> >

> >

>

> That's what it was supposed to happen in PoF with Joko... '-'

>

> But yes. A tengu centered story would be nice.

It could happen, keep in mind that the Cantha we got in GW1 was only about a quater of the continent.

There is more landmass East of the Jade Sea and a lot more South of anywhere we got to explore in Gw1 that could be home to large numbers of Tengu that have remained hidden away from the Canthan Empire.

There is a lot of potential for Anet to give Cantha more than just a Human centric storyline in Gw2.

> @"Eday.4850" said:

>

In GW1 we had 3 expansions of note and GW2 will have its third with this one. Both GW1 and GW2 have had an expansion on the existing tyria map (HoT and EotN), a desert expansion and upcoming, a cantha expansion.

So what's next after that? GW3 of course.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> For a start the full world map file shows a massive amount of lands east of Ascalon and Elona which we know absolutely nothing about: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_map_(clean).jpg

Most of the lands east of Ascalon are Charr territory. Ascalon is only the Iron Legion's territory, witch Blood's territory being north of that, and Ash, presumably, to the east.

Presuming all three have fairly equal territory sizes, the Charr empire is fairly large

![](https://i.imgur.com/y0vo3Ty.png "")

People always talking about the end of this game, meanwhile we have classics like WoW going strong after 15 years. Can we not panic every time we don't know absolutely everything? It's a fictional world, they can pull a new plot out of their asses whenever they want. IF Cantha is also the DSD, then I'd expect a Primordus plot, if not the DSD, then the ocean would be next. Then, a dragon free plot, either something entirely new or maybe something to do with the human gods, east of the blood legion homelands, janthir and the mursaat, whatever