condition damage doesnt need to land while most power damage does

The thing which is applying the conditions needs to land. And often anything which applies many conditions at once is as avoidable as big power hits.

You're still going to take condition damage over time just as you can't avoid all power damage. Use of cleanse should be viewed similar to use of the protection boon, blocks, and dodges; use it poorly and you won't have it when the big damage comes.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> The thing which is applying the conditions needs to land. And often anything which applies many conditions at once is as avoidable as big power hits.

>

Thats the thing though, thats generally not true. A lot of condition applications come from passive procs that dont get consumed if the attack is blocked or evaded. Dodge a guardians fire-y autoattack, and the next one will still burn you.

> You're still going to take condition damage over time just as you can't avoid all power damage. Use of cleanse should be viewed similar to use of the protection boon, blocks, and dodges; use it poorly and you won't have it when the big damage comes.

The problem here is that blocks, dodges and protections last for a good amount of time. A cleanse is a one-time burst deal. And condi builds can often apply a second barrage of conditions just after you were able to cleanse the first one.

Only condition thats overperforming is Burning and that might be adjusted by reducing the amount of stacks from certain weapons/abilities. Outside that, im almost inclined to say that the rest of condis are horseshit.

When i check the damage-log in wvw it is NOT condi that kills me, but 10k spinal shivers. 2k auto attacks. 7k meteor ticks. 3-4k well of suffering and the likes. All your condis - or alot - will get neutralized while you often need to facetank the raw power. Now, im not saying power is OP but certain abilities might need to be looked at.

To the OP.

This damage is inflicted withing 1-2 seconds. Condis doesnt event come close and at some point people will realize this - if they havent already. Its insta- damage that cant be cleansed. Plz show me where condis does this better :)

https://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/kroenen2/condi%20meta%202.jpg

Also, Reaper shroud autos:

https://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/kroenen2/reaper%20autos.jpg

Burning might be abit over the top but this is dumb asf tbh.