[Vid] PvP one dodge Power Mirage - Why ppl hate Mesmers

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Lol every thread regarding mesmer turns into a thief hate thread, every thread on thief gets joined by mesmers to hate on thief lol. Never changes. Best thing is that mesmer talk about how toxic and broken thief or rogue archetypes are yet they have chosen thee only class in history that rivals thiefs so called unfair,broken toxic mechanics with their own lmao. Makes sense for a class like warrior to hate on thieves but mesmers? Only reason is cuz thief is the only class that can keep up and compare to to the cheap mechanics mesmer has lol so they hate on it. Both classes are doing what their designed for if they feel annoying or unfair to fight.

>

> calm down satan, nobody is hating on thief, I like thief. Doesnt change the fact that thief design wise has no counterplay and is unfun to fight.

U just described mesmer as well tho. That's the point of both class types.

Why u think mesmer gets equal hate and continually eats hard nerfs?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > Lol every thread regarding mesmer turns into a thief hate thread, every thread on thief gets joined by mesmers to hate on thief lol. Never changes. Best thing is that mesmer talk about how toxic and broken thief or rogue archetypes are yet they have chosen thee only class in history that rivals thiefs so called unfair,broken toxic mechanics with their own lmao. Makes sense for a class like warrior to hate on thieves but mesmers? Only reason is cuz thief is the only class that can keep up and compare to to the cheap mechanics mesmer has lol so they hate on it. Both classes are doing what their designed for if they feel annoying or unfair to fight.

> >

> > calm down satan, nobody is hating on thief, I like thief. Doesnt change the fact that thief design wise has no counterplay and is unfun to fight.

>

> U just described mesmer as well tho.

its almost as if im capable of admiting my main class is stupid too, how odd

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > Lol every thread regarding mesmer turns into a thief hate thread, every thread on thief gets joined by mesmers to hate on thief lol. Never changes. Best thing is that mesmer talk about how toxic and broken thief or rogue archetypes are yet they have chosen thee only class in history that rivals thiefs so called unfair,broken toxic mechanics with their own lmao. Makes sense for a class like warrior to hate on thieves but mesmers? Only reason is cuz thief is the only class that can keep up and compare to to the cheap mechanics mesmer has lol so they hate on it. Both classes are doing what their designed for if they feel annoying or unfair to fight.

> > >

> > > calm down satan, nobody is hating on thief, I like thief. Doesnt change the fact that thief design wise has no counterplay and is unfun to fight.

> >

> > U just described mesmer as well tho.

>

> its almost as if im capable of admiting my main class is stupid too, how odd

But do u? Lol.

I admit both leave the opponent feeling like they fought a dirty, unfair class, and I do not blame them for it but players need to admit to themselves that those archetypes are meant to perform as such and those qualities are what give them the rogue or rogue'ish identity. If the mesmer or thief didn't leave their opponent feeling as such than they wouldn't be playing true to the archetype and would not feel rogue like to play as such. The rogue archetype is a long time staple in every mmo and sparks the same hate in every mmo. Just how it is, life's not always fair.

If rogue or mesmer players wanted to leave their opponent feeling like they had a fair fight they'd have chosen a different class.

Stealth and shadowstep/teleport shouldn't exist in any game that wants to be competitive, this goes for any profession that have access to those. The kind of mechanics that bypass good positioning.

Some games impose limits to those mechanics, gw2 don't, hence stealth (in particular) in gw2 is the most obnoxious mechanic in the entire mmo genre.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"UNOwen.7132"

> > > > thief archetype in every game ever was always broken, kitten unfun to play against, toxic and no counterplay.

> > > > and the best thing the games could EVER do is nerf it into unplayability and leave it as 4fun spec, its legit everywhere the same problem.

> > >

> > > Not really? I mean in the WoW clones ,sure. Permastealth oneshots are dumb, and thats what rogues are. But things like S/D thief, D/P headshot thief or hell P/P thief? Those dont tend to be problematic at all. Mesmer on the other hand, well its a rare style of class, but it is usually problematic.

> >

> > League of legends -> broken

>

> Yeah like Lucian. Wait. Uh, Caitlyn? Dang, still not. Fizz? Nah. Jax? Nope. kitten, thats a lot of thief-likes that are completely 100% fine. Oh and even if you want to do the stealthy ones? Kha'Zix, who is balanced if not weak. As he has been for most of his time after they removed damage reduction from his ult.

>

> > Neverwinter online -> turbo broken

>

> Didnt play it enough. No comment.

>

> > gw2 -> broken

>

> The last time thief was "broken" was pre-HoT. And it didnt use stealth then. Hell, thief didnt use stealth for most of GW2s history. Its defining build is S/D.

>

> > black desert online -> broken

>

> Basically every class in that game plays like thief. The only one that has stealth is Ninja, and from what Ive heard its actually pretty weak. But I dont play it much.

>

> > wow -> gigaultramegaomega broken at least it used to be, havent played in a while but I bet its still ultra broken for anyone that knows what they are doing.

>

> Well yeah, I did say outside of WoW clones.

>

> > the only "rogue" thats fine-ish is sombra from overwatch, but thats becouse nobody plays her, becouse you know, she sucks.

>

> Thief is not Rogue, now is it? Not that youre right on the former part.

Definitely Mesmer counters thief guy

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> Stealth and shadowstep/teleport shouldn't exist in any game that wants to be competitive, this goes for any profession that have access to those. The kind of mechanics that bypass good positioning.

> Some games impose limits to those mechanics, gw2 don't, hence stealth (in particular) in gw2 is the most obnoxious mechanic in the entire mmo genre.

>

Most MOBAs have both teleport and stealth, so it's not "shouldn't exist" but more like "limited"?

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > Stealth and shadowstep/teleport shouldn't exist in any game that wants to be competitive, this goes for any profession that have access to those. The kind of mechanics that bypass good positioning.

> > Some games impose limits to those mechanics, gw2 don't, hence stealth (in particular) in gw2 is the most obnoxious mechanic in the entire mmo genre.

> >

>

> Most MOBAs have both teleport and stealth, so it's not "shouldn't exist" but more like "limited"?

Never played any moba.

Talking about mmorpgs, should have written mmorpgs instead of games, my bad.

> @"Nicolo.2418" said:

> this is good content ! i dont play mesmer that often so i wont join the mesmer discussions here but ist nice to see that power is actually not 100% ded :)

technically you can make almost anything work if you try hard enough, but im fairly certain that most plat 2 players that play prot holo, ranger or necro would quickly drop to silver/gold if they tried jazz build.

I tried it and im not good enough to pull it of, but practice makes perfect, ill keep at it ( if you are in my team sorry for throwing lul )

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> ranked pvp with one dodge power mirage. i changed illusion of life for portal again. me still getting used to the very short kinda too nerfed duration of it.

> the intro is just for fun, it is not meant in a mean or disrespectful way, dont get hurt over it pls ;)

>

> mirage balance, esp power mirage, still in an insanely poor state and my content is for sure not meant to approve it.

>

> this vid includes mostly one uncut match and 2 scenes from another match i found worth showing. i still have a problem with my hard disk storage, so i cannot record a lot of footage for a vid at once. i need to delete footage and the finished vid after 1-3 matches to have enough storage for new footage. next vid will be most likely wvw bc there i can work with shorter shadowplay files instead my 13 mins backward recording to cover a whole pvp match. hopefully i find a solution soon for that problem.

>

> i hope you can enjoy! pls leave a like/ subs and a comment on youtube to support my channel! stay healthy all! <3

>

>

Condi spam feels way stronger in the current meta.

> @"Nicolo.2418" said:

> this is good content ! i dont play mesmer that often so i wont join the mesmer discussions here but ist nice to see that power is actually not 100% ded :)

big thx! <3 ye it is only 99% ded, cool dat! one dodge for a dodgebased spec is good no doubt, gives a lot of room for plays with mirage tools, big brain change, meanwhile daredevil dies from laughing in the corner with 3 dodges.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> @"Jazz.4639" You did it again, they're fighting after your video! Thanks for the songs.

but im confused, i even rewatched my vid to check if i accidently played thief in it. but i played mes, soooo i would say im innocent this time hehe

> @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > ranked pvp with one dodge power mirage. i changed illusion of life for portal again. me still getting used to the very short kinda too nerfed duration of it.

> > the intro is just for fun, it is not meant in a mean or disrespectful way, dont get hurt over it pls ;)

> >

> > mirage balance, esp power mirage, still in an insanely poor state and my content is for sure not meant to approve it.

> >

> > this vid includes mostly one uncut match and 2 scenes from another match i found worth showing. i still have a problem with my hard disk storage, so i cannot record a lot of footage for a vid at once. i need to delete footage and the finished vid after 1-3 matches to have enough storage for new footage. next vid will be most likely wvw bc there i can work with shorter shadowplay files instead my 13 mins backward recording to cover a whole pvp match. hopefully i find a solution soon for that problem.

> >

> > i hope you can enjoy! pls leave a like/ subs and a comment on youtube to support my channel! stay healthy all! <3

> >

> >

>

> Condi spam feels way stronger in the current meta.

yes i know, that is nothing new and will also not change as long as power mes has to eat every nerf directed to any mesmer meta build too, also when there are possibilities to nerf only the meta build. but i dont like condiplaystyle, not my taste, i find it boring, as i also dont like axe and pistol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> @"UNOwen.7132"

> the hack are you talking about thief like?

> why dont you mention evelyn, that was perpetually broken OP or broken UP, and after 10 !!! 10 freaking years they got her SOMEWHAT balanced, she is STILL ANNOYING to play AS and AGAINST, she is pain to EVERYONE, to teammates, to enemies and to eve players alike.

> Kha? same deal, he ALWAYS gets fed, always starts 5/0 and then loses game becouse he doesnt scale, he bullies people, pain in the kitten, and then loses the game. And ONLY way for riot to balance him is to juggle numbers, he wins 1v1 against every single champion in the game lvl 6, awesome design, but by lvl 11 he is useless piece of kitten that just gets rolled over by almost anything, and his only hope of being productive is getting so fed that he 1shots everything, if he is not 10/0 he dies like its nothing.

> what about twitch? to this day people make deathball twitch comps to stomp bad players, while being absolute kitten in any high ranking games, twitch brings nothing to the game other then cancer.

League of Legends is a piece of shit game and what you mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg in all of its problems. I mean, look at Riot's balance staff; half of them aren't even any good at the game. I wouldn't even mention LoL when talking about GW2.

LoL is only popular because its popular, so everyone sees their friends playing it; sees it in college/school/work and they have to go hop on and play it too; its still an awful game and the only reason I even tolerate it is because now that Riot has banned their main boards; all of the criticism is right there on Leddit in their faces with fuckloads of upboats so it can't be ignored anymore.

On this subject; yeah; after playing the game for years this patch feels pretty weak all around. Wouldn't put the blame on just one spec or class.

> @"Gretzel.6790" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132"

> > the hack are you talking about thief like?

> > why dont you mention evelyn, that was perpetually broken OP or broken UP, and after 10 !!! 10 freaking years they got her SOMEWHAT balanced, she is STILL ANNOYING to play AS and AGAINST, she is pain to EVERYONE, to teammates, to enemies and to eve players alike.

> > Kha? same deal, he ALWAYS gets fed, always starts 5/0 and then loses game becouse he doesnt scale, he bullies people, pain in the kitten, and then loses the game. And ONLY way for riot to balance him is to juggle numbers, he wins 1v1 against every single champion in the game lvl 6, awesome design, but by lvl 11 he is useless piece of kitten that just gets rolled over by almost anything, and his only hope of being productive is getting so fed that he 1shots everything, if he is not 10/0 he dies like its nothing.

> > what about twitch? to this day people make deathball twitch comps to stomp bad players, while being absolute kitten in any high ranking games, twitch brings nothing to the game other then cancer.

>

> League of Legends is a piece of kitten game and what you mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg in all of its problems. I mean, look at Riot's balance staff; half of them aren't even any good at the game. I wouldn't even mention LoL when talking about GW2.

>

> LoL is only popular because its popular, so everyone sees their friends playing it; sees it in college/school/work and they have to go hop on and play it too; its still an awful game and the only reason I even tolerate it is because now that Riot has banned their main boards; all of the criticism is right there on Leddit in their faces with fuckloads of upboats so it can't be ignored anymore.

>

> On this subject; yeah; after playing the game for years this patch feels pretty weak all around. Wouldn't put the blame on just one spec or class.

It is good to learn from ones mistakes, but whats even better is to learn from mistake of others so that you dont have to go through them yourself.

League is constantly evolving old game, they have done many bad decisions but they have done many good ones too.

This big GW2 patch is a one hollow joke as I suspected, the best we as players could have hoped for is more consistent changes for balance, all the devs ( dev ) did was throw us this patch and did nothing to follow it up with, it has been months already

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132"

> > thief archetype in every game ever was always broken, kitten unfun to play against, toxic and no counterplay.

> > and the best thing the games could EVER do is nerf it into unplayability and leave it as 4fun spec, its legit everywhere the same problem.

>

> Not really? I mean in the WoW clones ,sure. Permastealth oneshots are dumb, and thats what rogues are. But things like S/D thief, D/P headshot thief or hell P/P thief? Those dont tend to be problematic at all. Mesmer on the other hand, well its a rare style of class, but it is usually problematic.

Rogues haven't been 1 shot machines since like...... Wrath of the Lich King.

Have you watched the 2v2s and 3v3s for WoW? They last forever and nobody gets anywhere near close to 'one shot' from any class.

That whole archetype of a 'stealthy one shotter' hasnt been a thing for like 10 years now........................

Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

This is how you make an instagib work.

Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

>

> If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> This is how you make an instagib work.

>

> Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

kids =/ weebs , dont insult our youngings :D

>

> If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

>

So, same as GW2 then?

> Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

>

>

> **Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.**

**+1**

**BINGO**

Guild Wars 1 non stealth base is focus on **Fun** factor, by giving players the fullest available **Serious** competitive experience.

- (Keep note of the two highlight words)

Whereas, Guild Wars 2 stealth base is focus on **Gimmick** factors by giving players the '**kids-Look at me mommy, daddy, i am so cool**' child-like experience.

**Note**- Guild Wars 1 was not bias against 'being cool', what it did; it helped grow you by taking competition serious while having fun at the same time. Example; Guild Wars 1 is like a 'middle ground parent' who believes that you can be serious and still have fun. Being serious is by making sure Toxicity-unhealthy factors don't destroy your core values and your visions.

Guild Wars 1 recently celebrated its 15 years Anniversary and is still going strong. What gives? Continuing in learning and growing by strongly believing that your experience matters and you can have all the fun you want but in one condition, Toxicity will not be tolerated nor will be in the long run

**That is the difference and what make the difference**

> > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> >

> > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > This is how you make an instagib work.

> >

> > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

>

> kids =/ weebs , dont insult our youngings :D

Fun fact: GW1 players referred to assassins as "naruta.rds"

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> >

> > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > This is how you make an instagib work.

> >

>

> So, same as GW2 then?

>

> > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

>

> Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

No, in GW1 you couldn't try again after 3seconds because CDs existed and blinds lasted the whole durations, not ended after one attack. There was a lot, and I mean, **a lot** of anti-melee. You actually had to be good.

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> > >

> > > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > > This is how you make an instagib work.

> > >

> > > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> >

> > kids =/ weebs , dont insult our youngings :D

>

> Fun fact: GW1 players referred to assassins as "naruta.rds"

>

Well, toxic people at least, but I suppose you know what you are.

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> > >

> > > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > > This is how you make an instagib work.

> > >

> >

> > So, same as GW2 then?

> >

> > > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> >

> > Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

>

> No, in GW1 you couldn't try again after 3seconds because CDs existed and blinds lasted the whole durations, not ended after one attack. There was a lot, and I mean, **a lot** of anti-melee. You actually had to be good.

As opposed to the ton of anti-melee GW2 has like Shocking Aura?

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> > > >

> > > > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > > > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > > > This is how you make an instagib work.

> > > >

> > > > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> > >

> > > kids =/ weebs , dont insult our youngings :D

> >

> > Fun fact: GW1 players referred to assassins as "naruta.rds"

> >

>

> Well, toxic people at least, but I suppose you know what you are.

>

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> > > >

> > > > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > > > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > > > This is how you make an instagib work.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So, same as GW2 then?

> > >

> > > > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> > >

> > > Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

> >

> > No, in GW1 you couldn't try again after 3seconds because CDs existed and blinds lasted the whole durations, not ended after one attack. There was a lot, and I mean, **a lot** of anti-melee. You actually had to be good.

>

> As opposed to the ton of anti-melee GW2 has like Shocking Aura?

Naa, everyone called assassins as that because in fact most of the assassins were weebs who named characters like the ones of the anime.

As for the anti-melee, nice, one skill...

I could fill my entire bar with anti-melee stuff and that's only counting 2 attributes.

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > > > > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > > > > This is how you make an instagib work.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> > > >

> > > > kids =/ weebs , dont insult our youngings :D

> > >

> > > Fun fact: GW1 players referred to assassins as "naruta.rds"

> > >

> >

> > Well, toxic people at least, but I suppose you know what you are.

> >

> > > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > Sorry jazz but will add some wood to the thief fire.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you go by gw2 predecessor, assassin had instagib builds too but they were easily countered.

> > > > > It took **one** block, blind, evade, to shut down those builds.

> > > > > This is how you make an instagib work.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So, same as GW2 then?

> > > >

> > > > > Oh and assassin didn't have any stealth, can't figure out why they thought it was a good idea to add that in gw2, my only reasoning is that kids like stealth and kids are the most attracted demography to rogue/ninja/assassin.

> > > >

> > > > Because in-combat stealth is a fun and interesting mechanic leading to good gameplay. The problem is out of combat stealth, and why they didnt fix that, Iunno.

> > >

> > > No, in GW1 you couldn't try again after 3seconds because CDs existed and blinds lasted the whole durations, not ended after one attack. There was a lot, and I mean, **a lot** of anti-melee. You actually had to be good.

> >

> > As opposed to the ton of anti-melee GW2 has like Shocking Aura?

> Naa, everyone called assassins as that because in fact most of the assassins were weebs who named characters like the ones of the anime.

>

Calling them weebs is a different thing from calling them an insult. And no, only toxic people did. Maybe your environment was full of em.

> As for the anti-melee, nice, one skill...

> I could fill my entire bar with anti-melee stuff and that's only counting 2 attributes.

One skill that alone is stronger than any comparable thing GW1 had. And its far from the only one, you have lots of pulsing fields that are effect anti-melee tools. As well as various skills that punish them like counterblocks.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> bruh why you having storage probs buy an external hard drive stop playin

if it would be that easy... i already have 2 external storage, everything that is still on the internal is music. and i cannot outsource it bc i have lot of playlists linked to the current storage logaction of the music. i would need months to make the playlists again (at least i dunno any way to keep them when changing storage logaction of the music).