Raven Ceremonial garb

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> I just wanted to ask WHY such an item has stopped dropping. Anyone know?

You should be asking instead why this icon of a garb is an RNG drop to begin with.. At least they seemed to have learned their lesson with the Runic Armor, but that's of no consolation to those players who have wanted Raven's Armor since forever.

Arenanet can change the droprates of items anytime they want without a patch.

We were told this by a dev some time ago.

They use it for example to reduce the money afk player/bots are making. When they move to a different location, Anet just reduces the drops at the new location.

What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

Pretty sure it still drops. Like @"DanAlcedo.3281" mentioned, it got farmed hard by some people when they noticed it wasn‘t part of the daily chest.

Seems like Anet decided it is a prestige drop, just like the Khan Ur helmet and various infusions.

My guess: they moved it to the daily reward, or dropped the rate because it was farmed.

You‘ll just have to endure farming it if you don‘t want to pay the tp price.

This and the Visage of the Khan-ur are particularly annoying for me. This is probably worse as you have a set of armor where the chest piece is so much rarer than the rest that it may as well not be a set. The fact that the Whisper of Jormag is so much more difficult than the other strikes doesn't help, if it is bugged it's hard to tell, very few groups seem to want to do WoJ anymore.

I just wish they would guarantee the drop after a particular number of events in order to cut off the long tail of the distribution for people who get really unlucky.

Like if it was RNG but it was guaranteed to drop on the 100th (or whatever) successful Whispers run if it hadn't dropped by then.

That way I could at least feel like I'm working toward it in the very long term, and I might get pleasantly surprised if it drops earlier, but I don't have to worry about being unlucky and just *never* getting it. The idea that it just might not ever drop is really demoralizing and makes me not really want to try.

(Same goes for the Gaze of the Khan-Ur. I would do SO MANY metas if I just knew for sure that it wouldn't be in vain.)

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

>

> Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

and its full of bugs

like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

or the boss will be invisible when you come out

most ppl already dont want to do it

and now you cant get the nice item it had?

then no one will want to do it at all

they should have left it alone

> @"Jura.2170" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

> >

> > Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> > Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

>

> Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

> and its full of bugs

> like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

> or the boss will be invisible when you come out

>

> most ppl already dont want to do it

> and now you cant get the nice item it had?

> then no one will want to do it at all

>

> they should have left it alone

If you know how the Bugs work, you can play around most of them.

Also try hard raiders to sooo much dps. Even if the Boss bugs, they lost like what 2-3min?

> > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

> > >

> > > Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> > > Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

> >

> > Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

> > and its full of bugs

> > like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

> > or the boss will be invisible when you come out

> >

> > most ppl already dont want to do it

> > and now you cant get the nice item it had?

> > then no one will want to do it at all

> >

> > they should have left it alone

>

> If you know how the Bugs work, you can play around most of them.

>

> Also try hard raiders to sooo much dps. Even if the Boss bugs, they lost like what 2-3min?

>

Yea, but for the average player those bugs make the instance painful if not impossible. we lost four players when the boss bugged out(3 of which where DPS and the fourth was a healer) and didnt have the DPS to finish it as it killed off another two people before it stopped attacking.

I do agree they shouldnt have moved the reward if they did, but the instance is a pain to do, and making it so that the one item it drops for a set of armor that cant be finished without it? I unno, i dont think i agree with that.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

> > > >

> > > > Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> > > > Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

> > >

> > > Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

> > > and its full of bugs

> > > like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

> > > or the boss will be invisible when you come out

> > >

> > > most ppl already dont want to do it

> > > and now you cant get the nice item it had?

> > > then no one will want to do it at all

> > >

> > > they should have left it alone

> >

> > If you know how the Bugs work, you can play around most of them.

> >

> > Also try hard raiders to sooo much dps. Even if the Boss bugs, they lost like what 2-3min?

> >

>

> Yea, but for the average player those bugs make the instance painful if not impossible. we lost four players when the boss bugged out(3 of which where DPS and the fourth was a healer) and didnt have the DPS to finish it as it killed off another two people before it stopped attacking.

>

> I do agree they shouldnt have moved the reward if they did, but the instance is a pain to do, and making it so that the one item it drops for a set of armor that cant be finished without it? I unno, i dont think i agree with that.

I really dont know what you want from me.

I gave my take on why it happend. I never said anithing about if this was good or bad.

> > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

> > >

> > > Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> > > Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

> >

> > Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

> > and its full of bugs

> > like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

> > or the boss will be invisible when you come out

> >

> > most ppl already dont want to do it

> > and now you cant get the nice item it had?

> > then no one will want to do it at all

> >

> > they should have left it alone

>

> If you know how the Bugs work, you can play around most of them.

>

> Also try hard raiders to sooo much dps. Even if the Boss bugs, they lost like what 2-3min?

>

Bugs should never be tolerated, especially at a boss of raid difficulty. Not everyone is a 45b(azillion) dps raider, and it does suck if you get to the endphase of a boss, only to restart for the 3rd time. If we add less rewards, its like shooting yourself in the foot if youre Anet.

It's a nice looking skin, but a damn shame that it's so rare. It doesn't really have a particularly high-roller look to it.

Personally, I'd love to have it for my character, but until the price drops, there's just no way I'll ever have that skin unlocked. Even if I did get lucky enough to have it drop from a strike mission, using it to unlock the skin would basically be an opportunity cost of thousands of gold. If I was willing to pass up earning 1500+ gold to unlock the skin, I would just buy it from the trading post.

Because of this, having it as such a rare drop only really benefits people who are looking to earn gold. =/

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> > > > > Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

> > > >

> > > > Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

> > > > and its full of bugs

> > > > like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

> > > > or the boss will be invisible when you come out

> > > >

> > > > most ppl already dont want to do it

> > > > and now you cant get the nice item it had?

> > > > then no one will want to do it at all

> > > >

> > > > they should have left it alone

> > >

> > > If you know how the Bugs work, you can play around most of them.

> > >

> > > Also try hard raiders to sooo much dps. Even if the Boss bugs, they lost like what 2-3min?

> > >

> >

> > Yea, but for the average player those bugs make the instance painful if not impossible. we lost four players when the boss bugged out(3 of which where DPS and the fourth was a healer) and didnt have the DPS to finish it as it killed off another two people before it stopped attacking.

> >

> > I do agree they shouldnt have moved the reward if they did, but the instance is a pain to do, and making it so that the one item it drops for a set of armor that cant be finished without it? I unno, i dont think i agree with that.

>

> I really dont know what you want from me.

>

> I gave my take on why it happend. I never said anithing about if this was good or bad.

>

>

Ofc i agree with Dan Alcedo, that for experienced players a bug is a minor inconvenience at times. That is a different issue, and I cant help but remember the advertised armor set in the trailer. With the current droprate of the garb (non existent), this is almost false advertising

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > What i think happend here was that some groups farmed Whisper HARD and made ALOT of money that way.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet stealth nerfed it to not be farmable anymore.

> > > > > > Because it (apparently) got to exploit levels of money making.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whisper is the hardest and longest strike in the game

> > > > > and its full of bugs

> > > > > like, you can get stuck in the mirror room

> > > > > or the boss will be invisible when you come out

> > > > >

> > > > > most ppl already dont want to do it

> > > > > and now you cant get the nice item it had?

> > > > > then no one will want to do it at all

> > > > >

> > > > > they should have left it alone

> > > >

> > > > If you know how the Bugs work, you can play around most of them.

> > > >

> > > > Also try hard raiders to sooo much dps. Even if the Boss bugs, they lost like what 2-3min?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yea, but for the average player those bugs make the instance painful if not impossible. we lost four players when the boss bugged out(3 of which where DPS and the fourth was a healer) and didnt have the DPS to finish it as it killed off another two people before it stopped attacking.

> > >

> > > I do agree they shouldnt have moved the reward if they did, but the instance is a pain to do, and making it so that the one item it drops for a set of armor that cant be finished without it? I unno, i dont think i agree with that.

> >

> > I really dont know what you want from me.

> >

> > I gave my take on why it happend. I never said anithing about if this was good or bad.

> >

> >

>

> Ofc i agree with Dan Alcedo, that for experienced players a bug is a minor inconvenience at times. That is a different issue, and I cant help but remember the advertised armor set in the trailer. With the current droprate of the garb (non existent), this is almost false advertising

>

>

I have to agree here.