If you want to gain/keep PvP players, stop absolutely demolishing builds every patch

> @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > > > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

> > >

> > > This thread rn, really bringing out the best of the best :joy:

> > >

> > > Are you telling Anet to not listen to forum posts about balance, while simultaneously telling Anet how to balance in a forum post?

> > >

> > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes

> > > > They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums

> >

> > Yes! I am telling them that I nor anyone on these forums in reality have the slightest idea about balancing a large mmo and all that comes with it as they not us are the professionals not us and why they get paid to do so. These forums are almost 100% biased opinions and shouldn't be considered more than that, at best may warrant a class be under their radar but nothing more.

> > Takes 5 minutes of post hopping to figure out it's all bias opinions.

>

> You’re wasting your time on that pseudo intellectual. He’s arguing just to argue.

True, sometimes I forget what game forum I'm in lol.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Yes! I am telling them that I nor anyone on these forums in reality have the slightest idea about balancing a large mmo and all that comes with it as they not us are the professionals not us and why they get paid to do so. These forums are almost 100% biased opinions and shouldn't be considered more than that, at best may warrant a class be under their radar but nothing more.

> Takes 5 minutes of post hopping to figure out it's all bias opinions.

I love your attitude. I look forward to not listening to you more in the future!

> > @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

> >

> > This thread rn, really bringing out the best of the best :joy:

> >

> > Are you telling Anet to not listen to forum posts about balance, while simultaneously telling Anet how to balance in a forum post?

> >

> > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes

> > > They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums

>

> Yes! I am telling them that I nor anyone on these forums in reality have the slightest idea about balancing a large mmo and all that comes with it as they not us are the professionals not us and why they get paid to do so. These forums are almost 100% biased opinions and shouldn't be considered more than that, at best may warrant a class be under their radar but nothing more.

> Takes 5 minutes of post hopping to figure out it's all bias opinions.

most people that balance games have no clue about balancing, they have data and they can SOMEWHAT read through it.

thats why they say shit like " rev is just picked by good players ".

There is a reason why most competent developers listen to the pro players, because they know MUCH more about the game then the people that balance it or create it.

Its one thing to design and balance a skill with something in mind, and quite another to use it 50 thousand of times to see how it performs and interacts with different things.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > the game feels like codex arena from gw1 sometimes. if you're not familiar, its a mode where they choose a bunch of random skills you can use and it resets every so often.

> > >

> > > it was the least played mode.

> >

> > I don't think people will understand just how bad codex arena was. This kitten was so bad dude.

> >

> > I mean it took away player agency by just GIVING you a bunch of random abilities that you had no choice but to use. It was such an awful gamemode.

>

> That was another case of listening to the wrong people. Codex arenas was an idea suggested in gwguru having inspiration in MtG closed deck.

Interesting. I believe It serves as a good example of a hypothetical situation: “what happens if we took away all player choice and gave everyone a stick”

Codex arena would be the exact result of such balance change. Were people saying that this “stick wars 2” direction was a healthy balance decision for the game?

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > > > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

> > >

> > > This thread rn, really bringing out the best of the best :joy:

> > >

> > > Are you telling Anet to not listen to forum posts about balance, while simultaneously telling Anet how to balance in a forum post?

> > >

> > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes

> > > > They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums

> >

> > Yes! I am telling them that I nor anyone on these forums in reality have the slightest idea about balancing a large mmo and all that comes with it as they not us are the professionals not us and why they get paid to do so. These forums are almost 100% biased opinions and shouldn't be considered more than that, at best may warrant a class be under their radar but nothing more.

>

> most people that balance games have no clue about balancing, they have data and they can SOMEWHAT read through it.

> thats why they say kitten like " rev is just picked by good players ".

> There is a reason why most competent developers listen to the pro players, because they know MUCH more about the game then the people that balance it or create it.

> Its one thing to design and balance a skill with something in mind, and quite another to use it 50 thousand of times to see how it performs and interacts with different things.

>

The rev is picked by good players is a wording mistake the dev made and players ran with, of course that statement sounds ridiculous lol what they meant in the context is revs that are seen in game faring well are usually highly skilled players due to by gw2 standard the lv of difficulty to play power rev well is higher than most classes in the roster, not that only high skilled players pick rev lol

Obviously at that time condi rev wasn't around like it is now.

> @"bethekey.8314" said:

>

> I love your attitude. I look forward to not listening to you more in the future!

>

See ur getting it, now just need the devs to feel that way about 90% of the bias feedback that these forums are littered with.

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > > > > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

> > > >

> > > > This thread rn, really bringing out the best of the best :joy:

> > > >

> > > > Are you telling Anet to not listen to forum posts about balance, while simultaneously telling Anet how to balance in a forum post?

> > > >

> > > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes

> > > > > They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums

> > >

> > > Yes! I am telling them that I nor anyone on these forums in reality have the slightest idea about balancing a large mmo and all that comes with it as they not us are the professionals not us and why they get paid to do so. These forums are almost 100% biased opinions and shouldn't be considered more than that, at best may warrant a class be under their radar but nothing more.

> > > Takes 5 minutes of post hopping to figure out it's all bias opinions.

> >

> > most people that balance games have no clue about balancing, they have data and they can SOMEWHAT read through it.

> > thats why they say kitten like " rev is just picked by good players ".

> > There is a reason why most competent developers listen to the pro players, because they know MUCH more about the game then the people that balance it or create it.

> > Its one thing to design and balance a skill with something in mind, and quite another to use it 50 thousand of times to see how it performs and interacts with different things.

> >

>

> The rev is picked by good players is a wording mistake the dev made and players ran with, of course that statement sounds ridiculous lol what they meant in the context is revs that are seen in game faring well are usually highly skilled players due to by gw2 standard the lv of difficulty to play power rev well is higher than most classes in the roster, not that only high skilled players pick rev lol

> Obviously at that time condi rev wasn't around like it is now.

wording mistake LOL.

you and me can make wording mistake, we make MANY posts, type quickly and are not getting paid for it.

they hardly ever type anything, so the least they can do is not type ridiculous things like that, and if they do all it takes i add an edit explaining what they mean.

if you say stupid shit own up to it, as far as im concerned I take things at face value, if he says he thinks revs "seem" strong because best player take them then this is what he thinks period.

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > > > > > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

> > > > >

> > > > > This thread rn, really bringing out the best of the best :joy:

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you telling Anet to not listen to forum posts about balance, while simultaneously telling Anet how to balance in a forum post?

> > > > >

> > > > > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes

> > > > > > They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums

> > > >

> > > > Yes! I am telling them that I nor anyone on these forums in reality have the slightest idea about balancing a large mmo and all that comes with it as they not us are the professionals not us and why they get paid to do so. These forums are almost 100% biased opinions and shouldn't be considered more than that, at best may warrant a class be under their radar but nothing more.

> > > > Takes 5 minutes of post hopping to figure out it's all bias opinions.

> > >

> > > most people that balance games have no clue about balancing, they have data and they can SOMEWHAT read through it.

> > > thats why they say kitten like " rev is just picked by good players ".

> > > There is a reason why most competent developers listen to the pro players, because they know MUCH more about the game then the people that balance it or create it.

> > > Its one thing to design and balance a skill with something in mind, and quite another to use it 50 thousand of times to see how it performs and interacts with different things.

> > >

> >

> > The rev is picked by good players is a wording mistake the dev made and players ran with, of course that statement sounds ridiculous lol what they meant in the context is revs that are seen in game faring well are usually highly skilled players due to by gw2 standard the lv of difficulty to play power rev well is higher than most classes in the roster, not that only high skilled players pick rev lol

> > Obviously at that time condi rev wasn't around like it is now.

>

> wording mistake LOL.

> you and me can make wording mistake, we make MANY posts, type quickly and are not getting paid for it.

> they hardly ever type anything, so the least they can do is not type ridiculous things like that, and if they do all it takes i add an edit explaining what they mean.

> if you say stupid kitten own up to it, as far as im concerned I take things at face value, if he says he thinks revs "seem" strong because best player take them then this is what he thinks period.

Cuz a player playing power rev successful usually are very skilled, it's not a easy build to do well on in high lv play, wheres the mistake? It is very powerful but little carry potential like a lot of the roster no?

> Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

Psycoprophet, you know well enough that Pve is Anet platform and Pvp and WvW do not exist to them. Anet could care less about what we post in the pvp and wvw forum, either by 'forum warriors' or by bias. At the end of the day, they chose what best fits their own self-interests, not the community.

Over 8 years, PvP and WvW have flourished with constructive criticism by all players..giving positive feedbacks with bright ideas.

Let me ask you, where are they? where did it go? 8 years of evidences of the game instability by present players including new players alike?

where did it all go?

-8 Years with the same Meta Cycle-

They also chose which meta's best fits PvP and WvW play ground, not the players. You chose to play something else, you are berated and humiliated for doing so

It is all an illusion....it's a game, if you think that the community has the final say to the matter.

-Burnfall-

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

>

> > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

>

> Psycoprophet, you know well enough that Pve is Anet platform and Pvp and WvW do not exist to them. Anet could care less about what we post in the pvp and wvw forum, either by 'forum warriors' or by bias. At the end of the day, they chose what best fits their own self-interests, not the community.

>

> They also chose which meta's best fits PvP and WvW play ground, not the players.

>

> It is all an illusion if you think that the community has the final say to the matter.

>

>

> -Burnfall-

>

>

I donno it honestly seems like over time their vision and proposed playstyles of the classes they created have been so warped and skewed by the devs trying to make changes that are birthed by the community out cries but in a way that seems like they used their own judgement resulting in changes that have the criers confused as well as they players who disagreed with the changes in the first place.

If I start playing a mmo or game its cuz I like what the devs have created and their vision. When that started to get changed over time to conform to the players myself included the game or classes gets distorted into something that isnt the same game that we started and liked or the classes no longer feel like they did when u chose them.

Devs do need to play the game and as professionals needs to have knowledge of all the classes from the players prospective and from the opponent prospective and needs to make changes that follow THEIR vision not ours. Humans as a whole need to be saved from themselves and with gaming is no different, imagine we all on these forums completely steered this games pvp or pve, no one would play it guaranteed. Players always praise every mmo as being the best during its earliest days balance wise, why is that? Its cuz at that point balance is the devs balance and were playing it cuz we like what they made than thru years it becomes a combination of devs and players balance and at that point people start calling balance a complete mess lol.

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> >

> > > Anet should hire a team that's confident enough to balance the classes through a combination of their vision/theme of the class, their own experiences playing them and against them as well as from monitoring high level mat's. They should in no way considering any balance advice from these forums any further than helping them consider somthing that may need looked at by THEM. These forums and there nerf/buffs threads are like 99% nothing more than this classes challenges me or requires me to think when I fight it so its OP and needs nerfed/deleted, my class is always the most balanced class in the roster, my class needs buffed and urs doesn't cuz it's fine and ur just bad at it etc etc.

> > > Unfortunately anet lets these forums steer the balance and it's no wonder the games suffering a lower and lower population by the month as it gets steered by the forum warriors into the dirt.

> >

> > Psycoprophet, you know well enough that Pve is Anet platform and Pvp and WvW do not exist to them. Anet could care less about what we post in the pvp and wvw forum, either by 'forum warriors' or by bias. At the end of the day, they chose what best fits their own self-interests, not the community.

> >

> > They also chose which meta's best fits PvP and WvW play ground, not the players.

> >

> > It is all an illusion if you think that the community has the final say to the matter.

> >

> >

> > -Burnfall-

> >

> >

>

> I donno it honestly seems like over time their vision and proposed playstyles of the classes they created have been so warped and skewed by the devs trying to make changes that are birthed by the community out cries but in a way that seems like they used their own judgement resulting in changes that have the criers confused as well as they players who disagreed with the changes in the first place.

> If I start playing a mmo or game its cuz I like what the devs have created and their vision. When that started to get changed over time to conform to the players myself included the game or classes gets distorted into something that isnt the same game that we started and liked or the classes no longer feel like they did when u chose them.

> Devs do need to play the game and as professionals needs to have knowledge of all the classes from the players prospective and from the opponent prospective and needs to make changes that follow THEIR vision not ours. Humans as a whole need to be saved from themselves and with gaming is no different, imagine we all on these forums completely steered this games pvp or pve, no one would play it guaranteed. Players always praise every mmo as being the best during its earliest days balance wise, why is that? Its cuz at that point balance is the devs balance and were playing it cuz we like what they made than thru years it becomes a combination of devs and players balance and at that point people start calling balance a complete mess lol.

yeah lol

> mesmer life in a nutshell

> personally I went from playing core power to chrono condi, to chrono power, to chrono bunker, to power mirage, to condi mirage, to core power and now im throwing with power mirage.

You're more stubborn than I am. I went to entirely different games for the most part.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > mesmer life in a nutshell

> > personally I went from playing core power to chrono condi, to chrono power, to chrono bunker, to power mirage, to condi mirage, to core power and now im throwing with power mirage.

>

> You're more stubborn than I am. I went to entirely different games for the most part.

currently gw2 is my lag tester, since my internet is shit ill start watching yt/twitch and move to gw2, if it doesnt lag ill play overwatch, if this doesnt lag ill play league/r6 actual games.

It's because they keep doing numbers nerfs rather than trying to fix what is wrong with the skill.

Like when they nerfed Condi Rev, they didn't actually take a look at CtA's radius and think "Hmmm maybe having a 360 radius CC on a normal skill is too strong in teamfights maybe we should reduce the radius". Nope, instead they increase the energy cost.

Or with FB nerfs. They didn't actually fix the problem that having access to that many low cast time AoEs that CC/damage/boonspam means the playstyle is basically mindless AoE spam. Instead they increase the cooldowns.

These sort of "Increase cooldown/ increase resource requirement" changes will eventually just make the game worse off. It gives the illusion that mechanical problems have been fixed when in reality they have not.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> It's because they keep doing numbers nerfs rather than trying to fix what is wrong with the skill.

>

> Like when they nerfed Condi Rev, they didn't actually take a look at CtA's radius and think "Hmmm maybe having a 360 radius CC on a normal skill is too strong in teamfights maybe we should reduce the radius". Nope, instead they increase the energy cost.

>

> Or with FB nerfs. They didn't actually fix the problem that having access to that many low cast time AoEs that CC/damage/boonspam means the playstyle is basically mindless AoE spam. Instead they increase the cooldowns.

>

> These sort of "Increase cooldown/ increase resource requirement" changes will eventually just make the game worse off. **It gives the illusion that mechanical problems have been fixed when in reality they have not.**

Exactly

You guys asked for nerfs and classes get gutted, so you guys are to blame, so its too late to feel regret, besides: I bet most of you are not happy and want more nerfs.

You guys have been warned that nerfing classes the wrong way won't fix the problem so yeah. keep on doing what you doing no point trying to stop you because you made a choice.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > the game feels like codex arena from gw1 sometimes. if you're not familiar, its a mode where they choose a bunch of random skills you can use and it resets every so often.

> > >

> > > it was the least played mode.

> >

> > I don't think people will understand just how bad codex arena was. This kitten was so bad dude.

> >

> > I mean it took away player agency by just GIVING you a bunch of random abilities that you had no choice but to use. It was such an awful gamemode.

>

> That was another case of listening to the wrong people. Codex arenas was an idea suggested in gwguru having inspiration in MtG closed deck.

I kind of liked Codex... but it just didn't hold up.

The biggest problem was that with each reset, there were no checks & balances going on to ensure that say "Warrior" didn't get completely shafted with his set of allowed skills, whereas "Ele" or something happened to get a set of usable skills that resembled something of an actual meta build that was good.

I dunno I get the feeling this company is just whale farming in PvE now. Pvp is pretty dead and "gutted" is an appropriate description. The people calling the shots now don't seem to care or mind that it takes way more effort to fix something after you intentionally break it, rather than just putting the work in to optimize it in the first place. Anet laid off like 100 ppl back in 2019 so I gotta wonder if the game is running with a skeleton crew of devs mostly focused on PvE.

I mean look at the changes, 5-minute cooldowns on certain talents, CC's doing basically zero dmg, Straight damage gutted across the board but healing (WvW thing) and Condition dmg completely out of control. Most games are burn guardians and necros. It all feels really stale at this point. If the devs had any courage they'd roll back every nerf for the last 3 years and let us, the players, sort out a new meta. That's right keep every buff made so far, remove every nerf we don't need the hand-holding.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > the game feels like codex arena from gw1 sometimes. if you're not familiar, its a mode where they choose a bunch of random skills you can use and it resets every so often.

> > > >

> > > > it was the least played mode.

> > >

> > > I don't think people will understand just how bad codex arena was. This kitten was so bad dude.

> > >

> > > I mean it took away player agency by just GIVING you a bunch of random abilities that you had no choice but to use. It was such an awful gamemode.

> >

> > That was another case of listening to the wrong people. Codex arenas was an idea suggested in gwguru having inspiration in MtG closed deck.

>

> I kind of liked Codex... but it just didn't hold up.

>

> The biggest problem was that with each reset, there were no checks & balances going on to ensure that say "Warrior" didn't get completely shafted with his set of allowed skills, whereas "Ele" or something happened to get a set of usable skills that resembled something of an actual meta build that was good.

Trevor, even if you liked codex, you were in the very small minority that did. Even on days when you got double rank points for playing it was Dead...so even people that wanted to play it, couldn’t cause nobody else liked playing with only a fraction of the choices available to them.

> @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> I shake my head at this community...

>

> This update has been the best thing that has happened to pvp in years. Isn't this what we asked for? It's what we and many other have asked for, a nerf to all the NONSENSE that plagued this thing and has made it not fun to play. Sure it's not everything we'd all like, but it's a step in the right direction. It's infinitely more fun now to play than in the post-HoT era of one-shot and two-shot builds.

>

> It's funny really...the same people who say "adapt" are the same people who don't mind if _their_ builds get buffed! Funny how that works!

>

> This recent patch is also a step in the right direction. As time goes on, I find myself saying...Anet is not going to kill pvp in this game, _the community is_.

>

Does the ’best thing’ mean that everything becomes a placeholder?Reducing the number of things available will only make the game boring. Is that the world you want to balance?

What is needed to balance is to adjust the unreasonable mechanism, not to delete everything.This team is nothing

> @"Jimarius.2843" said:

> I dunno I get the feeling this company is just whale farming in PvE now. Pvp is pretty dead and "gutted" is an appropriate description. The people calling the shots now don't seem to care or mind that it takes way more effort to fix something after you intentionally break it, rather than just putting the work in to optimize it in the first place. Anet laid off like 100 ppl back in 2019 so I gotta wonder if the game is running with a skeleton crew of devs mostly focused on PvE.

>

> I mean look at the changes, 5-minute cooldowns on certain talents, CC's doing basically zero dmg, Straight damage gutted across the board but healing (WvW thing) and Condition dmg completely out of control. Most games are burn guardians and necros. It all feels really stale at this point. If the devs had any courage they'd roll back every nerf for the last 3 years and let us, the players, sort out a new meta. That's right keep every buff made so far, remove every nerf we don't need the hand-holding.

You have to nerf things otherwise, in few month you will have classes doing an order of magnitude more, healing, more damage and more [whatever you like]. And in few years, 100x or 200x. Nerfs are the right course of action in many cases. However, when every balance issue is going to be addressed with a nerf or removal, the game loses all its substance. Which is where we are today in sPvP.

Balance is subjective, fragile and not something that can be achieved or accessible by any game. Nerf four builds, eight more crop up and are now over-preforming because their direct counters no longer have the ability to keep them in check. This keeps going until everything is so gutted, so bare bones and so unbelievably boring that the game begins to suffer immensely and you end up in a state of homogenized trash where the classes differences are so minor that its pathetic.

1. Follow the theme and fantasy of the class, do nothing to disrupt this only better aid it in providing what this specific class offers and how its play differs from the rest.

2. Ensure all traits, skills and weapons are viable in some capacity and work well and there are synergies in all aspects of the kit within itself.

3. Look for outliers and outside interference that can change the way X interacts with Y (Foods, buffs, boons, debuffs.)

4. Ensure each kit has the ability to handle its hurtles and can engage and be good in any scenario while maintaining its unique qualities. Ensure the class can have a chance vs the others but only if the class is well played and well known.

5. Put a skill cap, or minimum skill floor and basically force people to grow and learn their class. The more you learn, the less likely you are to loose.

* Food buffs due to ascended foods are an issue in WvW right now. They offer waaaaaay too many benefits.

* Boon-spam and by proxy condi, and boon corrupt have gotten out of control. But you can't nerf one without the other and boons should have specific places they come from and should not be as readily available or in such vast quanity.

* The core classes need work, they should not need to rely on any one E-spec. (some classes are fine, but others are in rough shape.)

* Some weapons are down right trash, need to be reworked and some classes just need more freak'n weapons to round out their core kit. (Engies/rev's need a few more core. Rev specifically needs a ranged condi option so they aren't locked into melee without renegade. Necromancer staff/daggers need a rework and need to be completely overhauled as they are horrid. These are just some examples.)

* You need to be faster and providing patches, this once every three to four months will not cut it as there is no new content coming in bulk like living world to tide over the sensational and hunger of a portion of your community you willfully ignored for years.

* Stop.Listening.To.Nerf. Threads. Rather use them to put an issue under your radar and keep your eyes on it, and make well adjusted and NON-build destroying changes that put them more in line with your ideal power level.

* Do not remove core aspects of the gameplay. I don't play messmer might never play messmer but the issue with mirage was not the double dodge, it was entirely on Infinite horizon which you at the time refused to touch. You'd rather remove THEIR SECOND DODGE which is a core feature of the gameplay to provide the trait the rite to exist, and then you turn around and begin nerfing it anyway. Or for Revenant you add more energy cost, higher cooldowns and even straight just gutted aspects of the class and have been doing this since it came into existence. Stop.Doing.That. Rather balance the damage, and manage the traits and fix whats wonky there but do not sit here and gut core aspects of a class or worse yet the gameplay loop of the game at large.

* Have more than one balance team lead, and have at least three of them to debate with. Each class should have a dev dedicated to it and they should be at least on some even skill-level or close to it to ensure that they can test things prior to their injection into the game. This would provide insight, without relying on people who are biased and whom might not have truthful intentions but rather intent to destroy a class they dislike.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > the game feels like codex arena from gw1 sometimes. if you're not familiar, its a mode where they choose a bunch of random skills you can use and it resets every so often.

> > > >

> > > > it was the least played mode.

> > >

> > > I don't think people will understand just how bad codex arena was. This kitten was so bad dude.

> > >

> > > I mean it took away player agency by just GIVING you a bunch of random abilities that you had no choice but to use. It was such an awful gamemode.

> >

> > That was another case of listening to the wrong people. Codex arenas was an idea suggested in gwguru having inspiration in MtG closed deck.

>

> I kind of liked Codex... but it just didn't hold up.

>

> The biggest problem was that with each reset, there were no checks & balances going on to ensure that say "Warrior" didn't get completely shafted with his set of allowed skills, whereas "Ele" or something happened to get a set of usable skills that resembled something of an actual meta build that was good.

I've nothing against codex although I didn't like it. What bothered/bothers me is that ANerf deleted HB to install codex.

Now I know that most of players did red resign on HB but I never did and had a blast playing it.

Damn, ANet on those times was really inventive.